• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shinobi has never been wrong, so why would this be the first time he is? Remember that people doubted the insiders when they were leaking Ridley.

None of the other insiders pushed against the Banjo rumors like they did with the Grinch leak.

I highly doubt Steve, if in, would look like the way he does in that image. I can see graphical difference, as he looks too much like how he did in Minecraft, and I can see some slight shape changes as well.
Agreed, and if that's the actual render, then he looks ugly and doesn't fit in with the graphics of Smash at all which is what I've said from the start. It would be incredibly jarring to look at compared to the beautiful designs of the other characters. Sakurai would have made him much more appealing to look at.

Banjo is a cartoon bear. He would fit right in.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I retched just looking at that. Is Steve the ugliest video game "mascot" that's come along recently, or what? Seeing him next to Joker is insulting; seeing him next to Mario, DK, Link and all their ilk would make me tear my hair out in clumps.

We still have every reason to believe in Banjo and I've done my best to stay positive, but let's face it... I am a doubting Trophy Thomas.
Hey, I've seen Lax Chris talk about that before! Even he said is doesn't look real!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I suppose your right. After all I can't force other people. Time and time again it just tends to happen more often then not that I was just trying to save others the trouble and myself too.

I admit I was coming across being a bit selfish. I'll keep it to myself next time. That said though still keeping expectations low.

Granted if it at any chance proves to be say like Crash, Doom Slayer, Elma, Geno, Phoenix Wright or Sylux. That'd more then make it up to me since they'd be totally unexpected surprises.
I could do without Sylux, since he's sort of a non-entity at the moment, even in the context of Metroid, but any of those other picks would be extremely exciting at least, even if they aren't Banjo, and teeeechnically even if he's not confirmed tomorrow he's not out forever.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Shinobi has lever been wrong, so why would this be the first time he is? Remember that people doubted the insiders when they were leaking Ridley.

None of the other insiders pushed against the Banjo rumors like they did with the Grinch leak.

Agreed, and if that's the actual render, then he looks ugly and doesn't fit in with the graphics of Smash at all which is what I've said from the start. It would be incredibly jarring to look at compared to the beautiful designs of the other characters. Sakurai would have made him much more appealing to look at.

Banjo is a cartoon bear. He would fit right in.
Yeah, and if Steve were in, Sakurai could do a much better job in making him fit in than that. I still don't think Steve would fit in Smash well, regardless.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It’s late here, so I’ll be going to bed. No point in speculating or looking at rumors/leaks when I wake up hours before the presentation. I’ll be back on afterwards.

So good luck to you all, good luck to the bear and bird, and hope they have a Smashing good time, at E3 or otherwise. Night!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So besides :ultridley:and Ultimate's reveal. Has this Shinobi guy been right about anything else? Curious is all.
He was right about God of War's Norse setting, the Last of Us Part 2, and (most importantly) Knack 2, among others.

https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...aks-in-spoilers.446558/page-523#post-23366337

There was an extensive Reddit post that covered his history; I'll edit that in when I find it.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...era_admin_who_teased_smash_last_year/eq02wm5/

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I highly doubt Steve, if in, would look like the way he does in that image. I can see graphical difference, as he looks too much like how he did in Minecraft, and I can see some slight shape changes as well.
I think he’d still be made of blocks, but I’d imagine they’d go with his promotional artwork. He’d still be pixels but his texture wouldn’t be so noisy (though I wouldn’t mind his ingame look, either).

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, and if Steve were in, Sakurai could do a much better job in making him fit in than that. I still don't think Steve would fit in Smash well, regardless.
Yup. That render looked like it was ripped straight from Minecraft. Sakurai would not have been that lazy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He was right about God of War's Norse setting, the Last of Us Part 2, and (most importantly) Knack 2, among others.

https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...aks-in-spoilers.446558/page-523#post-23366337

There was an extensive Reddit post that covered his history; I'll edit that in when I find it.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...era_admin_who_teased_smash_last_year/eq02wm5/
Still gonna keep my expectations rather low but honestly I gotta admit this has risen my hopes for the bear and bird duo now. :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if Banjo doesn't get revealed tomorrow guys. Still cling to that hope! There's still the VGA of this year in December. Only other big event I can imagine them being revealed besides E3 tomorrow.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Even if Banjo doesn't get revealed tomorrow guys. Still cling to that hope! There's still the VGA of this year in December. Only other big event I can imagine them being revealed besides E3 tomorrow.
I dunno mang, if it's not tomorrow I'm calling time of death on Banjo in Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought Sabi was backing Banjo before everything went crazy with her?
She’s not backing any character and never did (she just got hint images from her source but I assume she didn’t want to go all-in); she’s just covering her back so neither Steve fans, Banjo fans, nor other character fans will blame and harass her if the character they want doesn’t get in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not sure if I've ever seen two back-to-back posts that contrast each other as much as these two do.
I've had a rough day- no one will destroy my hope that tomorrow will bring something I find personally satisfying.

(I love Persona 5 music, but Joker was a personal let down...though I've warmed up quickly, despite how he plays)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
She’s not backing any character and never did (she just got hint images from her source but I assume she didn’t want to go all-in); she’s just covering her back so neither Steve fans, Banjo fans, nor other character fans will blame and harass her if the character they want doesn’t get in.
Considering that Vergeben is apparently backing Banjo now, I guess this must be his safety net in case Steve doesn't show up.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Last post I’ll make before the big event. Good or not, things will assuredly change. Hope this thread becomes a distant memory as Banjo and Kazooie get their own section on this site. Whatever happens, only around 15 hours to go.

Also, 700 pages might as well be locked in for tomorrow. Strap in, enjoy the ride and have a little faith. Actually feeling glad that we’re all going in blind so we’ll get some authentic reactions. See y’all on the other side!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also, 700 pages might as well be locked in for tomorrow. Strap in, enjoy the ride and have a little faith. Actually feeling glad that we’re all going in blind so we’ll get some authentic reactions. See y’all on the other side!
Link me to "The Other Side" from princess and the Frogs.

"Are ya ready? Are ya- reaaaaaaddy?"

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
50/50 chance of me coming back here, if the bird and the bear aren't in I'm going to avoid the ****storm that will follow here. If he is in, than I cant wait for the celebrations

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
There's been some research that suggests the C&D is fake. Even then, she ain't leaking so it doesn't really matter too much. Not sure why she would lie, though. She has a great track record. Just say you changed your mind. People respect who she is, and she's reasonable about it as well.

...Though yeah, if she said she'd stop leaking that because she didn't want to, she's get targeted hard by fans, so I can see why she (probably) faked that.
Wait, are we suggesting Sabi herself faked the C&D? I don't buy it. I'd much sooner believe an angry Steve stan faked the letter and sent it to her.

The duality of man
Napalm and Silly Putty.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, i know we are worried about tomorrow but would it interest you if i bring up a smash bros comic that i am working on?

Top Bottom