• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Is the negativity here a bad omen or a good one? Because I remember, as I said, reading the Isaac thread just before his Assist Trophication back in November, and people there were very confident in his chances, only to have the confidence dashed when he was ruthlessly eliminated.

Our pessimism would be a nice script to flip, come tomorrow.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Listen here Zilla-Kazooie, even worse thought: What if banjo really is in smash but he's just a spirit?

No!

This is unacceptable lol but seriously Banjo is in. Grab your honeycombs and collect some jiggies!

Here's a fun game:

View attachment 227129

1) Red Button: No Banjo
Blue Button: You get Banjo but he's Fat Banjo from the beginning of Nuts and Bolts

2) Red Button: No Banjo
Button: Conker comes in cussing up a storm and getting drunk. He's heavily censored and takes the next slot in the fighter pass

3) Red Button: No Banjo
Blue Button: Yooka Laylee come take the slot insteruad

What buttons are you pressing, boys and gals?
1. Red. quite frankly, I'd rather have no banjo than even his default Nuts and Bolts design. everything about that game just bums me out, From its art style, to its core concept, to its self-deprecating sense of humor. It's a disgrace to the franchise.

2. Blue he's not as big a star as banjo, but his game was still one of the best experiences I had on the in 64, especially the multiplayer. I just killed have any of the good rareware characters in Smash. I'd even settle for Battletoads, or killer instinct which I never even played. fun fact though, conquer only ever swore one time in his entire game, It was all the other characters around him that were the potty mouths. Conquer is probably the least disgusting character in his own game, aside from Maybe rodent.

3. Blue again. I only just finished Yooka Laylee last night. That game tried really hard to fill the void left by Banjo and Kazooie absence. in the end it had a few too many issues with the level design and some bugs, but I had a good time with it, and I think but I had a good time with it, and I think the characters are just as lovable as Banjo and Kazooie. I may even prefer Laylee over kazooie. I'm willing to give their next game a shot, And I think you could do worse than having them in Smash. You could certainly do but at this point I just want the DLC to have one character I enjoy at least

ze9

Smash Ace
So real talk, how many ya'll gonna cry if (make that when) Banjo & Kazooie are revealed?

I'm looking at my fellow 30+ yr old ol' farts in this thread specifically, but I also know everyone in this thread young and old has that guh-huh love in their heart. It's definitely gonna be an emotional moment for a lot of smash fans and I don't think it would be particularly biased to believe B&K might be the most emotional reveal in this fighter pass for most of the fan base (not all of course, but most).

I'm believing in the bear and bird all the way up to that 5th DLC reveal, but I'm feeling real good about our wait coming to an end much sooner than that!
I'm only in the second half of my 20s, but yeah. I might cry.
Banjo-Kazooie was my favorite game when I was a kid, and I have very fond memories of playing through Tooie with a childhood friend, sharing tricks and secrets and fantasizing about an eventual Banjo-Threeie.
I've always thought that Banjo is a really important piece of the Nintendo experience that we sadly left behind, and seeing Microsoft not doing anything at all with the duo is kinda sad, too.
I made peace with Banjo being a thing of the past, but... imagining him finally getting resurrected and reunited with all the others N64 icons, in beautiful HD, with Kazooie and all their moves and the Spiral Mountain and the music and whatever else Sakurai and the team have decided to sneak in, just as if nothing ever happened, is just... :')

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's the post that showed the picture.
I looked at the Steve image again, and I noticed some things: I have seen the way Steve moves in his game, and I can see that how he would move if that was his render in game would kind of be wonky, as in not fitting with Smash Bros and out of touch. Not to mention, the way Steve looks tilted and crooked as he is standing on the ground, he kind of looks like he is standing at a slight angle rather than upright. Plus, his life icon at the bottom of the screen looks so unprofessional, and though blocky, even Joker's shadow looks better than Steve's does. I mean, where are the arm/hand shadows for Steve?

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Screw it, I'm going into tomorrow 100% believing Banjo is in. If he doesn't make it I won't be broken as badly as I was when the Grinch leak was shown to be fake. There's more than just Shinobi's leak. The merch, the trademarks, even papagenos papagenos old source who knew a Microsoft source from way back in the day. We all know that Steve was practically deconfirmed by Aubrey, the Minecraft employee, in the past. It's gonna be Banjo! I'm riding the hypetrain to either spiral mountain or off a cliff. But it's a risk I'm willing to take! Bring me my bear and bird!!!

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
What really worries me is that it truly does feel like this is his LAST chance. There's so much going for banjo right now, if he doesn't get in... I don't think he'll ever get in and with how things are starting to pop up... I'm worried. I don't want ya'll to lose banjo like I lost geno. We can't lose another one. we just can't. I'm sorry for being so down. I just have a grim feeling.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I looked at the Steve image again, and I noticed some things: I have seen the way Steve moves in his game, and I can see that how he would move if that was his render in game would kind of be wonky, as in not fitting with Smash Bros and out of touch. Not to mention, the way Steve looks tilted and crooked as he is standing on the ground, he kind of looks like he is standing at a slight angle rather than upright. Plus, his life icon at the bottom of the screen looks so unprofessional, and though blocky, even Joker's shadow looks better than Steve's does. I mean, where are the arm/hand shadows for Steve?
Yeah plus he'd be too stiff! He's got like what, 12 animations? Whereas Banjo & Kazooie have more then that! With the Beak Buster, Rat a Tat Rap, Flap Flip Jump, Beak Barge and more!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I forgot one thing: With the way Steve is standing in that image, knowing how he moves, he would probably walk across the ground in a way that is odd compared to Joker, being slightly tilted and all.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Is the negativity here a bad omen or a good one? Because I remember, as I said, reading the Isaac thread just before his Assist Trophication back in November, and people there were very confident in his chances, only to have the confidence dashed when he was ruthlessly eliminated.

Our pessimism would be a nice script to flip, come tomorrow.
If I remember correctly, the K. Rool thread was not super optimistic about him being appearing in that direct, and some doubt overall due to an insider saying no DK reps

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah plus he'd be too stiff! He's got like what, 12 animations? Whereas Banjo & Kazooie have more then that! With the Beak Buster, Rat a Tat Rap, Flap Flip Jump, Beak Barge and more!
His limbs can move in all directions; he doesn’t have to be restricted to the animations in his game. That’s like saying Mario has to have his SM64 animations only, or his old 8-bit animations.

And personally keeping his limbs stiff (no bends) would look good for him.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Screw it, I'm going into tomorrow 100% believing Banjo is in. If he doesn't make it I won't be broken as badly as I was when the Grinch leak was shown to be fake. There's more than just Shinobi's leak. The merch, the trademarks, even papagenos papagenos old source who knew a Microsoft source from way back in the day. We all know that Steve was practically deconfirmed by Aubrey, the Minecraft employee, in the past. It's gonna be Banjo! I'm riding the hypetrain to either spiral mountain or off a cliff. But it's a risk I'm willing to take! Bring me my bear and bird!!!
yeah all the evidence so far is just too weird...if it wasn't banjo then i can't really explain all the banjo merch poppin up why shinobi teased banjo randomly and why the trademarks...

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I'm personally in the camp that we're either getting Banjo, or we're getting no-one from Microsoft period. Every other potential Microsoft candidate seems to be out of the running at this point.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
So real talk, how many ya'll gonna cry if (make that when) Banjo & Kazooie are revealed?

I'm looking at my fellow 30+ yr old ol' farts in this thread specifically, but I also know everyone in this thread young and old has that guh-huh love in their heart. It's definitely gonna be an emotional moment for a lot of smash fans and I don't think it would be particularly biased to believe B&K might be the most emotional reveal in this fighter pass for most of the fan base (not all of course, but most).

I'm believing in the bear and bird all the way up to that 5th DLC reveal, but I'm feeling real good about our wait coming to an end much sooner than that!
If they show up? I’d be hyped but I wouldn’t cry. I don’t mind any character getting in and welcome any tbh. It’d be cool to see BK especially for the longtime fans

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm personally in the camp that we're either getting Banjo, or we're getting no-one from Microsoft period. Every other potential Microsoft candidate seems to be out of the running at this point.
Pretty much.
Also, Banjo is the only MS character that would just feel "right".

I'm not opposed to Master Chief getting in after him, tho

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
yeah all the evidence so far is just too weird...if it wasn't banjo then i can't really explain all the banjo merch poppin up why shinobi teased banjo randomly and why the trademarks...
Exactly!

And guys the Steve "leak" that I posted is guaranteed fake. I just posted it to laugh at it!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can his arms bend? And I don't count Minecraft Story Mode either.
I’d rather his limbs stay straight but in Minecraft Dungeons the characters’ limbs bend and it looks better than Story Mode since it’s faithful to Minecraft’s standard look. He can already move his arms around freely so his arms not bending isn’t a big deal.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I’d rather his limbs stay straight but in Minecraft Dungeons the characters’ limbs bend and it looks better than Story Mode since it’s faithful to Minecraft’s standard look. He can already move his arms around freely so his arms not bending isn’t a big deal.
-_- You are not helping me stop getting worried on Steve showing up tomorrow.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m just confused on why there is so much negativity.

Shinobi basically hinted that Banjo is in and never backtracked on his post. He has an amazing record as a leaker.

Sabi was going to leak Nintendo’s E3 so they told her not to. She didn’t mention anything about a Smash character. I don’t see how anything relating to her situation confirms/denies Banjo.

Vergeben said he was 99% sure Banjo was in and as far as I know he didn’t back down from that statement.

Not to mention all the Banjo merchandise popping up recently and Nintendo and Microsoft being best pals the past year.

So why is everyone freaking out? Things look good. If it doesn’t happen then we’re in the same boat we’re in now. As an Isaac fan I would have killed to have him in this situation. Now my other most wanted character is looking great. Let’s have faith.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Even if Steve was in the game, I really doubt he'd be a shot for shot translation into Smash. That would look extremely weird. I would imagine that he'd be redesigned but still keep the blocky aesthetic

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I’m just confused on why there is so much negativity.

Shinobi basically hinted that Banjo is in and never backtracked on his post. He has an amazing record as a leaker.

Sabi was going to leak Nintendo’s E3 so they told her not to. She didn’t mention anything about a Smash character. I don’t see how anything relating to her situation confirms/denies Banjo.

Vergeben said he was 99% sure Banjo was in and as far as I know he didn’t back down from that statement.

Not to mention all the Banjo merchandise popping up recently and Nintendo and Microsoft being best pals the past year.

So why is everyone freaking out? Things look good. If it doesn’t happen then we’re in the same boat we’re in now. As an Isaac fan I would have killed to have him in this situation. Now my other most wanted character is looking great. Let’s have faith.
The fact Sabi got a C&D may have detered everyone's excitement. Not mine though. :) I believe in my heart we will get Banjo, or my name is Stinky Lou Lou. And thank goodness it's not!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I won't lie, if Steve happens, I will be pretty upset. Happy for the Minecraft fans, but ugh, we came so close.
If Master Chief gets in instead, I will flip my **** (in a bad way).
Most signs point to Banjo; I feel like the Smash Ballot also favored Banjo over the other two (though with how massively popular both Minecraft and Halo are, who knows). I really hope it's just paranoia as we're in the final 12 (and a half) hours.

(also hi, this is like my first or second post ever, how are you all doing?)

Edit: I think I'm just really passionate about this reveal because I'll finally have gotten someone I really, REALLY wanted in Smash. B-K's my #2 (just shy of Geno), with the last of my top 5 being fairly unlikely (Paper Mario, Rhythm Heaven rep, and an Advance Wars rep, in that order). Steve or MC would just devastate B-K's chances (also the chances of Rare Replay getting released on Switch).

Last edited:

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Welp. This is it. The final stretch. Tomorrow's the big day. Ever since K. Rool's konfirmation, the good ol' bear and bird have been my most wanted. Back then, I didn't think they stood a chance, but even if they are not announced tomorrow, I'm still happy to see them come this far in the speculation game. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the day of their triumphant return. We just have to wait and see.

When I first joined this forum, I had a tendency of browsing three threads: The Ultimate Social Thread, The Geno thread, and this one. Over time, I have grown more and more fond of this thread in particular, going on here more and more then the other two (sorry Geno fans!). Eventually, this is the only thread I really made my account on here for. I haven't posted all that much, but I have been keeping myself up-to-date with this place.

No matter what happens tomorrow, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you to all the people here for liking the few posts I made, and keeping the hope of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash alive. You guys rock. Seriously. I loved coming onto this thread to see all the Banjo-talk / speculation. It's been a blast. We may have had our ups and downs, but we have stuck it out all the way to here, and that makes me so happy. Thank you all. I'm probably not going to post anything else until after the presentation, but I will still browse this thread as I have done since September. I hope that tomorrow will finally be the day I can put my Banjo-Kazooie Totaku figure next to my amiibo collection and think "this is real", but until then, thank you for everything, Project Dream.

Guh-huh!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Even if Nintendo knows about Shinobi, they couldn’t legally do anything due to his statement being vague. Also, what that second guy (bottom post) said.
Honestly, this pessimism and negativity is really starting to irritate me. MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny You were the first one to get hyped when the Exquisite gaming Statue incident happened and now you are giving up because of rando's on Resetera? If all your going to do now is mope and surrender then you might as well stop posting now. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the rest of us would rather keep hope alive until the last fighter is released.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Honestly, this pessimism and negativity is really starting to irritate me. MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny You were the first one to get hyped when the Exquisite gaming Statue incident happened and now you are giving up because of rando's on Resetera? If all your going to do now is mope and surrender then you might as well stop posting now. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the rest of us would rather keep hope alive until the last fighter is released.
Exactly what I tried telling him.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
With about 12 hours left until the show starts, here are my final thoughts:

Steve picture is fake, I've seen it on 4chan a few weeks ago, and it had tons of inaccuracies. If there was any thought it was real the steveposters there would never stop using it as "proof" he's in, and even they didn't latch onto it. Absolutely fake.

Sabi's tweet is a bit worrying, because they backpedaled from a supposed nonexistant statement. Their discord proves otherwise, where weeks ago they shared a witch puzzle and bear.

Vergeben and Shinobi have not retracted, and that keeps hope alive - Verge has been really accurate so far (and so has Sabi), and Verge is 99% sure Banjo's in. Shinobi's hint is also nothing to scoff at, though it is still easy for him to claim it was just a hopeful statement.

With people being shut down and nothing officially leaking with concrete proof, I'd put Banjo's chances at 60% now. I think Erdrick will be revealed for absolute sure, just a hunch, but I think a second reveal is likely and if that does happen, it'l be Banjo. I think Steve's chances are low, otherwise Verge would have known at minimum.

I'm most surprised that VRPlant didn't say anything. I thought the direct would officially leak 100% by now, and Nintendo did a great job clamping down on most portions of it. Have to admit, they run a tight ship and have good prevention techniques.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Banjo friends, I say this as someone who has sat through many an E3 with wild expectations and zero resolve after the smoke cleared:

Go in with an open mind. Stop worrying about the outcome and enjoy the chaos of the reveal. Banjo-Kazooie's flame has remained lit for ten years without so much as a single corporate release, and a little fandom can go a long way in continuing forward to keep that flame alight. Smash or no Smash, there'll be a reincarnation of the property somewhere down the line. Hold on to your patience, and your morale.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
K.Rool got in because of the ballot and how strongly fans felt about him

surely sakurai and crew saw the same for banjo

there's no reason that they'd just reveal someone who was nowhere near as requested as banjo

Top Bottom