• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
And just the fact that we have tomorrow until then just shows that Shinobi is positive in the N64 duo.

Unless the worst case scenario happens and Shinobi backpedals right just before the Direct starts...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
And just the fact that we have tomorrow until then just shows that Shinobi is positive in the N64 duo.

Unless the worst case scenario happens and Shinobi backpedals right just before the Direct starts...
Banjo is going to happen my dude! It’s time.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure after the Grinch leak a lot of insiders straight up said they’re not touching Smash leaks anymore because they’re insanely toxic, so that’s probably why nobody but Shinobi and Vergeben has said that Banjo is in. They just don’t want to be bothered with it. I mean, Erdrick is an open secret at this point, but I don’t think any of them have actually confirmed that the Square rep is him besides the dude who leaked Cloud and Vergeben.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This reminds me of that time last year when someone random on twitter asked for a smash leak and was given a clip of Ken, i believe, a couple days before the direct by a leaker
This is actually a good example. Ryce, I believe his name is, was a play tester and implied he leaked because play testers are usually treated like crap and paid worse so he felt no sense of loyalty. A fair amount of leaks are thanks to good old fashioned spite.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I always took shinobi's confirmation as the bird and bear being in, but not necessarily an E3 reveal. For better or worse, this mentality has allowed me to take what happened extremely well. Then again, Joker already sold the entire pass for me, so....

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm aware but we aren't expecting him to tell us everything in the direct are we?
I doubt it. In fact, I'll be shocked if Shinobi makes any further statements before the Direct.

At that point he'll either be hailed as one of the most credible leakers of all time, or angry Smash fans will be coming after him with torches and pitchforks.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, I’m pretty sure most the insiders on Resetera saw physical evidence of the Ultimate roster MONTHS before it was revealed. I wanna say it was Ryce who straight up said he saw footage of Incineroar and others months before their reveals and others backed him up. Also footage of Piranha Plant literally leaked among insiders the day before the direct. So it’s possible Shinobi seen actual footage of Banjo.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it. In fact, I'll be shocked if Shinobi makes any further statements before the Direct.

At that point he'll either be hailed as one of the most credible leakers of all time, or angry Smash fans will be coming after him with torches and pitchforks.
mostly the angry mobs of banjo,edrick or steve
Also, I’m pretty sure most the insiders on Resetera saw physical evidence of the Ultimate roster MONTHS before it was revealed. I wanna say it was Ryce who straight up said he saw footage of Incineroar and others months before their reveals and others backed him up. Also footage of Piranha Plant literally leaked among insiders the day before the direct. So it’s possible Shinobi seen actual footage of Banjo.
that's remind me verge who leaked the trailer of the reveal of ken and incineroar in the month of august or september before the november direct

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure after the Grinch leak a lot of insiders straight up said they’re not touching Smash leaks anymore because they’re insanely toxic, so that’s probably why nobody but Shinobi and Vergeben has said that Banjo is in. They just don’t want to be bothered with it. I mean, Erdrick is an open secret at this point, but I don’t think any of them have actually confirmed that the Square rep is him besides the dude who leaked Cloud.
This could easily explain why no other staff on ResetERA are backing Shinobi up in the sense of openly saying "yeah, I heard Banjo is coming from my sources" or something similar and instead approaching it like "Shinobi has an amazing track record, he knows what he's doing", they don't want to be a part of the Smash leak toxicity but they do want to support their fellow staff member. Huh...

I remember the subject I'm specifically focusing on being talked about like 2 days ago in the old 300 something page Smash thread of theirs.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I just cant see Shinobi risk getting his credibility hurt over Smash DLC. For a guy whose had a track record for years now, itd be so messed up if THIS was the one thing he was wrong on

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thats why im interested. I feel like they are waiting for something
I just don't know how a third party figurine company would know about a secret character in a game that has first party amiibos associated with it. My guess is they were already planning on selling merch, and their suspiciously timed cryptic teases is simply taking advantage of the Banjo hype for marketing.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
This could easily explain why no other staff on ResetERA are backing Shinobi up in the sense of openly saying "yeah, I heard Banjo is coming from my sources" or something similar and instead approaching it like "Shinobi has an amazing track record, he knows what he's doing", they don't want to be a part of the Smash leak toxicity. Huh...

I remember the subject I'm specifically focusing on being talked about like 2 days ago in the old 300 something page Smash thread of theirs.
Yep. I know for a fact Mystic straight up said he’s not touching Smash leaks anymore and described them as a “Uncharted territory”. I wanna say Ryce and Iman have also said similar that they hate Smash leaks because the community gets insanely toxic over them. The Grinch leak was an awful time for them. On the off chance that Banjo isn’t revealed at E3, I imagine they don’t want to deal with the blowback, and even he is revealed at E3, I can see why they wouldn’t want to deal with the storm that’s brewing right now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's such a shame to see so many losing hope the eve before victory.

Do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

For our brave bear and bird will soon join the fight.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still wouldn’t be shocked if screenshots get out by the end of the day. Especially if people get early access to the direct.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's such a shame to see so many losing hope the eve before victory.

Do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

For our brave bear and bird will soon join the fight.
I love that poem, so this spoke directly to my heart. *tears* And with a Grunty rhyme to boot!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Smash community is not only insatiable but practically cannibalistic. There's a reason why even prominent leakers typically "retire" even after short interactions with the Smash fanbase. Once Ultimate is totally out, maybe Sabi will humor us with all the death threats and threats of exposure of her or her sources she's had since November. It's funny but only because of how ridiculous it is. To quote Sabi's main source, "this isn't fun. Why would anyone think this is fun?" It's very cutthroat and backstabby and the "nice" people usually try to stay totally obscure and interact with fans as little as possible.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo does get in, then this thread might go dead, as it wouldn't be a speculation anymore. (Just trying to make others laugh.)
We will just move on to the official character discussion thread for him. :)

The Smash community is not only insatiable but practically cannibalistic. There's a reason why even prominent leakers typically "retire" even after short interactions with the Smash fanbase. Once Ultimate is totally out, maybe Sabi will humor us with all the death threats and threats of exposure of her or her sources she's had since November. It's funny but only because of how ridiculous it is. To quote Sabi's main source, "this isn't fun. Why would anyone think this is fun?" It's very cutthroat and backstabby and the "nice" people usually try to stay totally obscure and interact with fans as little as possible.
Yeah we saw how people treated you not even two weeks ago and you never even claimed to know anything for certain. Just speculating on what you have heard. I can’t imagine what people that do claim to know things get treated.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure after the Grinch leak a lot of insiders straight up said they’re not touching Smash leaks anymore because they’re insanely toxic, so that’s probably why nobody but Shinobi and Vergeben has said that Banjo is in. They just don’t want to be bothered with it. I mean, Erdrick is an open secret at this point, but I don’t think any of them have actually confirmed that the Square rep is him besides the dude who leaked Cloud.
That wouldn't be surprising. The grinch Hoax was a very ugly time for the Smash fanbase, even having people try to contact an unconfirmed connected business to ask about the Grinch image. Not to mention the fights between insiders and non-insiders. What was worse was that the game was just releasing in over a month at the time but people were out for blood for news. This cycle had some of the most impatient and obsessed fans of all the Smash cycles.

One thing that stood out from that timeframe was just how many insiders were chiming in to say how the Grinch was fake. We mostly dealt with Vergeben and a couple others as the leak sources so far, but it was like EVERYONE had insider knowledge concerning the Grinch. It made Nintendo's leak security look bad.

So yea. After that and now Sabi's CD, I bet leakers either are being quiet or harder to track.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much the reason I've been distancing myself from speculation more and more.

Speculation starting out was full of many possibilities and being completely in the dark of what would happen next.

Now it's just trying to make sure no one flames you for having a differing opinion.

D

Deleted member

I owe a lot to Sabi.

They were one of the first people here who showcased interest about supporting me, even by inviting me to their Discord personally.

Sure, leaks are interesting... But if I support Sabi that is because they supported and brought me help since the first time we met... Something I wish that was more common in my life.

I wouldn't mind it if Sabi stopped giving leaks as long as they are safe, outside of worrying problems and still being the kind person I know them as.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
While we're waiting to see if Banjo & Kazooie are in, what is your favorite boss fight in the Banjo-Kazooie games? I think it's difficult to chose from because there are plenty of memorable boss fights.

D

Deleted member

While we're waiting to see if Banjo & Kazooie are in, what is your favorite boss fight in the Banjo-Kazooie games? I think it's difficult to chose from because there are plenty of memorable boss fights.
I wish I could answer...

Sadly I haven't played a Banjo game yet, but hopefully if he gets in Smash we get a Rare Replay port on Switch alongside.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of speculation, I know information is available now and out there to the right people. It's very likely VRPlant has spoken, and it's even more likely that someone will spoil the direct on 4chan. I doubt pictures will be available, but the information WILL leak. Vergeben probably won't speak today, and neither will Shinobi. Sabi obviously won't speak any more. Less than 24 hours until we all know for sure if Banjo is coming to E3.

Tie between Mr. Patch and Weldar, though I only mention Weldar because that boss music is the best in Tooie by far and away

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That’s first Gruntilda fight for sure. Still decently difficult.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Pretty much the reason I've been distancing myself from speculation more and more.

Speculation starting out was full of many possibilities and being completely in the dark of what would happen next.

Now it's just trying to make sure no one flames you for having a differing opinion.
Funny enough, a few times when people were trying to make discussion less confrontational, I've seen it go in the other direction where you couldn't even be disappointed with a new character without being guilted from others ('Hey, don't knock character X as they have fans!')

Or suggesting a character would have a better chance of being playable at all if they were an echo instead of a semi clone or unique is treated like its a sin against the character's whole being.

Or merely questioning the logic of when certain characters were revealed by Nintendo's marketing (not even towards the character itself) was described as having blind rage and hate against a character.

Make no mistake, Smash seems to collect some awful people each cycle on various sites (Gamefaqs, IGN, etc). But I think the toxic accusation sometimes gets thrown around alittle too much to counter that awfulness.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe we're less than 24 hours away from Banjo getting in to Smash....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai has never ever ****ed up a character design (well, okay, Corrin, but the source material was what it was), I'm confident bear & bird will be in their classic N64 design, tastefully updated for HD consoles.
To be fair, adding Corrin originally wasn't his idea in the first place, since he was asked about it, so...

I can't believe we're less than 24 hours away from Banjo getting in to Smash....
On that note...

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
The Chilli Billi and Chilly Willy fights have always held a special place in my heart due to the fighting itself and the music.

I could have swore I remember Sabi saying on her discord around 24 hours ago that Animal Crossing wasn't delayed in response to people pestering her about it...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah man! This is our theme because we're so close to having Banjo Kazooie in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
for me the theme of steve vs banjo would be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0N2eguwb8
Nah, this is our theme for fighting the trolls and the Steve fans that don't want Banjo & Kazooie in:

Some of you might not get the reference if you haven't watched One Piece, but Luffy is us, Lucci is the trolls and Steve fans, and Nico Robin is Banjo & Kazooie. Here I'll show you:

Last edited:
Top Bottom