• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I find it hard to believe any leaks from anonymous people on 4Chan. Unlike examples such as shinobi or Vergeben, they have no track record and suffer no consequences for making stuff up.

I could anonymously post that this E3's Nintendo Direct will have a trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 that focuses on the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, reveal that Animal Crossing has been delayed to 2020, reveal release dates for Bayonetta 3 and Link's Awakening, show off footage for Erdrick and Banjo in Smash, announce F-Zero: Omega Grand Prix (developed by Sumo Digital) and Kirby Air Ride 2, reveal a new IP that involves transforming robot cats, and show ports for Persona 5, Devil May Cry 2-5, Rare Replay, and the Master Chief Collection, but that doesn't make any of that seem true or likely.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I find it hard to believe any leaks from anonymous people on 4Chan. Unlike examples such as shinobi or Vergeben, they have no track record and suffer no consequences for making stuff up.

I could anonymously post that this E3's Nintendo Direct will have a trailer for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 that focuses on the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom, reveal that Animal Crossing has been delayed to 2020, reveal release dates for Bayonetta 3 and Link's Awakening, show off footage for Erdrick and Banjo in Smash, announce F-Zero: Omega Grand Prix (developed by Sumo Digital) and Kirby Air Ride 2, reveal a new IP that involves transforming robot cats, and show ports for Persona 5, Devil May Cry 2-5, Rare Replay, and the Master Chief Collection, but that doesn't make any of that seem true or likely.
I’m going to hold this as 100% true and if a single thing is wrong I will write you a strongly worded letter.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
22 hours

22 hours until the direct

Fluff the pillows, make the bed, put something on the stove, and make yourself look pretty. Get ready for some guests.

Because Banjo’s coming home.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
This is still a reverse Grinch situation. Everyone believed the Grinch leak, except the insiders who warned us about it. Now the insiders are backing Banjo (or are at least not saying the rumors are fake) and nobody's believing them. Grinch taught me to believe the insiders more than anyone else. They're insiders for a reason.

Fake 4Chan leaks are a dime a dozen and anyone can make them. I'm only trusting Shinobi at this point.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Guys dont take any ANON "leaks" for granted. Stick to what we know, multiple sources with legit track records have said Banjo in Smash. We now even know that these leakers are the real deal since Sabi got Ninja'd by Nintendo. Less than 24 hours until GYUH-HUH

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman

This literally all makes sense to me and It'd be a leak I'd screencap for later, especially because there is a new robot protagonist in Reggie's going away picture where you only see a robot hand and the rest is covered up.

F-Zero would likely be an upgraded port of GX for Gamecube, if anything, and would line up with rumors that Nintendo is brining back a dead IP. Erdrick and Banjo are by far the most likely, Kirby Air Ride 2 has a cult following and could be a surprise game, and all of those ports make sense, especially in the context of MS being chummy with Nintendo.

Hmm...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Honestly Banjo in Smash is the only thing I care about at this point with E3... the MS conference was a bore imo.. unless a new DK game, Rare Replay or something new with Banjo gets shown then Banjo in Smash is my last hope to be hyped..... unless any of the above happens..

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Yo do you know something we don't or what

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is still a reverse Grinch situation. Everyone believed the Grinch leak, except the insiders who warned us about it. Now the insiders are backing Banjo (or are at least not saying the rumors are fake) and nobody's believing them. Grinch taught me to believe the insiders more than anyone else. They're insiders for a reason.

Fake 4Chan leaks are a dime a dozen and anyone can make them. I'm only trusting Shinobi at this point.

91TgIz52k3L.jpg

I mean, it's pretty much what this situation is.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
22 hours

Fluff the pillows, make the bed, put something on the stove, and make yourself look pretty. Get ready for some guests.

You guys are lucky that you can wake up to a direct. I gotta wait until 5:00pm BST until I can watch it.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I dont think Joker came with any remixed music, did he? Im wondering if all the Banjo music we get will just be the original songs with no remixes

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You guys are lucky that you can wake up to a direct. I gotta wait until 5:00pm BST until I can watch it.
The direct starts when I have to leave for class. Meaning I have to leave for class two hours in advance just to watch the direct and be in class on time. Lol

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I dont think Joker came with any remixed music, did he? Im wondering if all the Banjo music we get will just be the original songs with no remixes
Remix of Beneath the mask and the velvet room. Yes he did.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Joker got three remixes - Beneath the Mask, I'll Face Myself, and Aria of the Soul all got remixed. I'm pretty much taking what Persona got as the standard for what the rest of the DLCs will, at this point.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Joker got three remixes - Beneath the Mask, I'll Face Myself, and Aria of the Soul all got remixed. I'm pretty much taking what Persona got as the standard for what the rest of the DLCs will, at this point.
Ah excellent then I am looking forward to some Banjo remixes as well. Thanks for letting me know!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

For the sake of my sanity can you outright say if this is you bull****ing

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
While we're waiting to see if Banjo & Kazooie are in, what is your favorite boss fight in the Banjo-Kazooie games? I think it's difficult to chose from because there are plenty of memorable boss fights.
Old King Cole really is the most memorable to me.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
22 hours

For those living in the U.S. like me, be sure to go to bed early!

I'm planning on waking up rather early (8-9am where I live). I'll most definitely check this thread before the direct.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It was kinda funny how the official twitch streams for several of the conferences leaked an announcement not even a few seconds before it was shown off. Like for a game that had Terminator as a pre-order bonus. It brought up a pop-up that said the exact announcement before they were even done talking about what it was.

Wait I was supposed to be responding to someone where did it go

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, the thing that makes that leak fake to me is the “their moveset isn’t that interesting” bit. I can’t imagine Banjo getting into Smash and their moveset being bland.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

This would fit well on r/SuspiciouslySpecific

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Tbh, the thing that makes that leak fake to me is the “their moveset isn’t that interesting” bit. I can’t imagine Banjo getting into Smash and their moveset being bland.
I guess that's a matter of opinion. To someone who doesn't like cartoony animals they may not like Banjo.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

*Insert Buzz Lightyear hmmm meme*

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Megadoomer, please stay silent so we can all go insane trying to figure out if what you're saying is true or not! :^)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A Banjo/Geno reveal would break the internet. A Geno reveal alone would break a lot of arguments and expectations about what the SE rep is. Meaning all spirits are on the table again.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Unless we get another Square Enix character. If DQ gets in I guarantee you they'll get Cloud's 2 song treatment.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Well, except it's happened in 2017's Switch announcement, and 2018. Including all characters returning to Smash, Ridley, the name and release date, as well as a bunch of other stuff. Really, I expect we would get an E3 leak the day before, or hours before, it's just that it's hard to tell what's real or fake until after it happens. We also can't criticize it for what it doesn't contain, because they even claim that's not everything.

That being said, I'm gonna call that fake despite it having mostly realistic expectations. I highly doubt we'll get a P5 port announced. Can't think of anything else that raises my eyebrows, other than all of it falling under insider expectations. EDIT: Another thing that raises my eyebrow is not being specific. How can you have so much detail about the Smash character, but not describe anything new in the games we expect?

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since Megadoomer said anything. Hope we're in for a Smashing good time.

In seriousness, it's been a ride. Assuming nothing gets concretely leaked before then, we'll know our bear and bird's fate in less than 24 hours. If they're in, it'll be a day of celebration. If they're deconfirmed (Mii costume or other Microsoft rep getting in), it'll be a day of disappointment but we'll all eventually move on.

And there's the third option, if they aren't confirmed one way or the other. If this happens, I'm kind of mentally checking out for the future and pushing B-K to the back of my mind until the next Direct happens. I can't handle another few months of this anxiety.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been a while since Megadoomer said anything. Hope we're in for a Smashing good time.

In seriousness, it's been a ride. Assuming nothing gets concretely leaked before then, we'll know our bear and bird's fate in less than 24 hours. If they're in, it'll be a day of celebration. If they're deconfirmed (Mii costume or other Microsoft rep getting in), it'll be a day of disappointment but we'll all eventually move on.

And there's the third option, if they aren't confirmed one way or the other. If this happens, I'm kind of mentally checking out for the future and pushing B-K to the back of my mind until the next Direct happens. I can't handle another few months of this anxiety.
Yeah me too

If they’re just not shown at all I won’t straight up count them out, but I’m gonna stop pushing hard for them like I am right now. Can’t take much more of this haha

Good thing they’re gonna be revealed tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom