• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Nintendo knows what characters are in demand enough to use them for bait, but not enough to actually put them in the game? In a way that only works if the ones they actually went with are less desirable?
If we're going strictly off demand, Joker would not be in the game. We'd probably get something like Master Chief, Waluigi, Steve, a gen 1 mon, and some other mainline character. It's not clear how Nintendo chose the DLC. All we know is that they gave Sakurai a list and he chose 5 characters from that.

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, part of me kind of wishes that most prominent leakers got targeted and silenced. I don't want 'em to get into serious trouble (lawsuits and the like.) But that's selfish on the grounds of not wanting to be spoiled. But I really wonder if they actually get anything from this besides attention. Is there actual business in leaking content like this? Do they make money off being prominent leakers?

I'm so glad that I didn't pay attention to anything from 4chan or wherever else during last year's E3. Because "EVERYONE IS HERE!" was the best E3 surprise alongside the Final Fantasy VII Remake I have ever seen.

But, I digress. Hype responsibly, enjoy the next couple of days, and enjoy Smash.
It's a way to grow your brand, so to speak.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Don’t start leakbait fear mongering
To be honest it doesn’t even make sense in this context because Sabi never once said that Banjo was in. They said they can see why Vergeben thinks Banjo is in due to knowing who his source is but they personally don’t know if he’s in or not.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure their relationship with Nintendo is much friendlier, but there's a chance that Gamexplain took down that video where they hinted at Banjo for similar reasons.

Dan

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel about Young Conker coming to Smash? I would honestly be game.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
For those freaked out about the cease and desist thing, please calm down. It's just a simple cease and desist notification from Nintendo. This does not mean they will change their plans at E3, nor drop any of them just because of a leaker. The duo should still be in if they are. No changes to that.
He'sRightYouKnow.png
I don't see why they'd cut out stuff from their direct just because 1 person was going to leak what they have in store. Sabi didn't even get to leak anything on top of that but even if she did, Nintendo has had people leak their directs in the past but we still got content that was leaked.
Everyone just needs to chill out and relax.

Edit: Aaaaaand Sabi doxxed the lawyer on Twitter. Interesting game plan and I don't think that's gonna go over well.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Don't ever give up hope. If :ultkrool: taught me anything, it's to never give up hope. Banjo and Kazooie are still very much in the running, and even if Sabi refuses to say anything more about Nintendo's presentation, we know her sources are credible if her information on Microsoft is anything to go by. Pair that with the fact that she teased Banjo for Smash, and there is still light at the end of this tunnel.

When King K. Rool wasn't revealed for Smash 4, I was pretty disappointed, and was telling myself to stop giving him my hope and move on so I can begin to heal. And then the king was revealed for Ultimate, I was probably crying tears of joy for a straight hour, not even exaggerating. Even when I thought he could never happen in a million years, he happened anyway. His reveal was THAT impactful to me, and I'm sure Banjo's reveal will be just as impactful to all of you.

Tuesday is right around the corner. I've said it before, but I've never played a Banjo-Kazooie game, but I am well aware that the duo have been requested by fans ever since Melee. Their inclusion in and of itself won't have very much impact on me personally, but seeing all the cheering, crying, and hyping when they ARE revealed? THAT will very much leave an impact on me.

Please, don't make the same mistake I did three years ago and just give up hope because the circumstances seem grim. There is ALWAYS hope. Never forget that.

Last edited:
I imagine if Nintendo have been going through all the trouble of working with Microsoft to get the rights to get Banjo into Smash, they definitely wouldn’t want it to be leaked and have the big surprise be ruined

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm sure their relationship with Nintendo is much friendlier, but there's a chance that Gamexplain took down that video where they hinted at Banjo for similar reasons.
I didn't even notice that until you said it. *Checks* It is indeed gone...most peculiar...

EDIT: NVM It was earlier than I thought.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I can assure you all that Sabi getting hit the Ninjas had nothing to do with Banjo. More than likely Nintendo had been lurking on them for awhile since Sabi is open about having a proven source in NoA, took notice in their E3 track record today, and took immediate action before they can post the info they were getting tomorrow. Sabi was pretty open about that, which they honestly shouldn’t have been and no doubt Nintendo wanted to prevent that.

Edit: And there’s no way Nintendo even scraps a direct for information that hasn’t even gotten out yet either. And even if it does get out there’s no way they scrap a whole direct an entire day before it airs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno man, sounds to me like the problem here is the higher-ups punishing their developers for things that aren't their fault. If some middle manager at Nintendo punishes a group of people because one of them broke an NDA, that's in no way Sabi's fault. It's just bad management.
If someone privately gets info from an inside source it's entirely on them if they decide to share it publicly or not, as far as the law cares you're just as liable for sharing that info as the other party.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I'm just so ready for all this crap to be done with tbh... It's getting so incredibly tiring

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Listen, you don't use a character as leakbait if they're more popular than the character you're actually introducing. People believed that Incineroar was leakbait because he was kind of boring and predictable. Everyone said, "Oh, Incineroar is a smokescreen for Banjo, Geno, and Isacc." No one said he's a smokescreen for, like, Baby Mario.

To be honest it doesn’t even make sense in this context because Sabi never once said that Banjo was in. They said they can see why Vergeben thinks Banjo is in due to knowing who his source is but they personally don’t know if he’s in or not.
Don't forget, Ctoan Ctoan said Sabi told him personally on Discord that Banjo is in. I'm pretty surprised we've all been ignoring that.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm sorry... I just can't shake the possibility of Banjo being Leakbait now

Why do you think Verg left that 1% of doubt to cover himself, why NONE of the Insiders would every say for sure that Banjo was in, all we have now is a vague hint from Shinobi that might just be a trick Nintendo used to nail Sabi and other leakers.

And I feel awful since I've been the one championing and rallying everyone together for MONTHS on end and it feels like all of it was for nothing.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Why do you think Verg left that 1% of doubt to cover himself, why NONE of the Insiders would every say for sure that Banjo was in, all we have now is a vague hint from Shinobi that might just be a trick Nintendo used to nail Sabi and other leakers.

And I feel awful since I've been the one championing and rallying everyone together for MONTHS on end and it feels like all of it was for nothing.
Shut up! You're making me worried...

Dan

Smash Lord
It's still on their channel?

Typically, GX has a good track record reporting on stuff; they didn't bite on Grinch for instance.

J-Boog

Smash Rookie
Geez, what's with all the doom and gloom? We still have Shinobi, Vergeben and others to go off of. Banjo-Kazooie still seem extremely likely for a Smash reveal. I don't believe Sabi's C&D hurt their chances either. Have faith!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m really gonna hafta be the guy who keeps everyone’s hope alive huh?

Geez, for once I just wanted to kick back and let someone else handle being the happy guy

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Listen, you don't use a character as leakbait if they're more popular than the character you're actually introducing. People believed that Incineroar was leakbait because he was kind of boring and predictable. Everyone said, "Oh, Incineroar is a smokescreen for Banjo, Geno, and Isacc." No one said he's a smokescreen for, like, Baby Mario.

Don't forget, Ctoan Ctoan said Sabi told him personally on Discord that Banjo is in. I'm pretty surprised we've all been ignoring that.
I actually had no idea about that tbh. Since it doesn’t even seem to be common knowledge yet then Nintendo definitely doesn’t know about it either so Banjo still most definitely wouldn’t be leakbait.

In fact I’m pretty sure the only company that does leakbait for Smash is Square, who ended up getting ****ed over when “Brave” was added to the code and was immediately found out who it was referring to.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
For those freaked out about the cease and desist thing, please calm down. It's just a simple cease and desist notification from Nintendo. This does not mean they will change their plans at E3, nor drop any of them just because of a leaker. The duo should still be in if they are. No changes to that.
Exactly. Nintendo already set their plans in stone and are likely putting the final touches to the direct. Nothing will change, so there's no need to freak out. They gave Sabi a C&D because she was leaking information. They definitely have a big surprise for us that they don't want to be ruined, that's for sure.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He'sRightYouKnow.png
I don't see why they'd cut out stuff from their direct just because 1 person was going to leak what they have in store. Sabi didn't even get to leak anything on top of that but even if she did, Nintendo has had people leak their directs in the past but we still got content that was leaked.
Everyone just needs to chill out and relax.

Edit: Aaaaaand Sabi doxxed the lawyer on Twitter. Interesting game plan and I don't think that's gonna go over well.
Not to mention, it would take a lot of work to change the stuff in the Direct, as there would be a lot of development needed to make even the slightest change. Everything has already been finalized, and they'd have to delay the Direct if they were to change anything. Keep that in mind.

But Taichi, what did you mean when Sabi doxxed the lawyer?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Let's say Banjo is a big fat bust. He's not in Smash, there's no new game, there's no remake, there's nothing. Let's say this E3 is exactly like every E3 since the Nuts & Bolts pre-release. Let's say the Nintendo Direct comes and goes and we're all left holding our various genitalia. You know what I say in that case?

I say Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair looks pretty darn great.

If someone privately gets info from an inside source it's entirely on them if they decide to share it publicly or not, as far as the law cares you're just as liable for sharing that info as the other party.
That still doesn't mean leaking trailers is actually wrong. The law does all sorts of asinine things for big corporations, we all know this. Leaking a list of trailers hurts literally no one.

D

Deleted member

The reason most insiders don't say bluntly Banjo is in is becasue they like to play the teasing game. That's the reason that when Vergeben namedropped Ridley, he gained the most attention because unlike most insiders he was far more blunt about it (Vergeben back then wasn't as hated as he is now, if he had the same reputation now most of the attention of Banjo would be laying on him instead of Shinobi) same goes for Simon where he was blunt as opposed to Jon who was more subtle.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think it is time to take a breather. I don't think I will return until after the direct. Don't lose hope y'all!

And when I get back...y'all better be ready to celebrate.

STILL WILLING TO DIE ON THIS HILL! BANJO AND KAZOOIE ARE COMING TO SMASH!

Noipoi Noipoi Don't burn your own happiness by trying to please everyone or cheer others up. Take it from someone with experience in that...people heal in their own way. Now take care!

*Soars away*

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice

Don't feel bad at all, and don't get cold feet one day before the reveal man!

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Sabi has been shot down, do we have anybody else leaking the E3 schedule? There's gotta be someone, right?

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Answer me this, has Shinobi ever been wrong? From what I recall, no, he's always hinted/leaked correct things. Yes, yes, "there's a first for everything" but as of right this moment we have no reason to doubt the guy. He's been doing this for a long time so he knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to sifting out the potential garbage from the jewels.

But Taichi, what did you mean when Sabi doxxed the lawyer?
Gave out their name, firm, contact information, etc. I heard from her discord she is gonna delete the tweet but it wasn't from her so idk if she actually has/will.

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

Than that means every credible Leaker will go extinct because of the Leak they have believed to be true and destroyed any credibility they ever gotten

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

They aren't though?

Top Bottom