• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I still think Banjo has a really good shot at Smash, guys. The rest of Verge’s E3 leak has been dead on.

I’m just hoping this is like Rash in Killer Instinct, where it’s a testing ground for the character’s popularity & it’ll convince MS to make a new game.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there: If Sabi got ninja'd over what she revealed at E3 today it's extremely likely that Vergeben isn't too far behind. He's been leaking more high profile things for longer and also leaked a bunch of E3 stuff today that came true. Like, if he doesn't get a C&D and is leaking Nintendo stuff this time tomorrow something is definitely weird.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Sabi has been shot down, do we have anybody else leaking the E3 schedule? There's gotta be someone, right?
VR Plant could still come through. Also Banjo is still in. the amount of bellyaching around this is ridiculous.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Remember, you all, we are very close to Nintendo's E3 Direct, too close for any changes to be made, in fact, so don't worry about anything being changed, for it won't happen unless they delayed the Direct somehow.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, if Vergeben was trying to cover his ass with the “99%” he would have left himself wayyyy more wiggle room. Trust me, if he’s wrong that 1% wont save his ass at all. Truthfully I think that 1% is on the off chance that Steve is playable since his sources have said in the past that there might be a playable MC rep but they don’t think its likely. So Vergeben is basically all in on Banjo, he’s just leaving that 1% out there on the off chance that it’s something else, but if he truly doubted Banjo that much he would’ve given Banjo like an 80% chance.

My point is y’all are reading far too much into this. I get wanting to lower your expectations but you don’t gotta act as if this is the end.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Listen, you don't use a character as leakbait if they're more popular than the character you're actually introducing. t.
Square Enix used characters like Sephiroth,Geno, and Sora as leakbait, which are pretty popular. I wouldn’t rule it out.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm honestly tired of *unrelated thing* = *Banjo deconfiirned* being a thing in this thread. Like seriously people. The Nintendo direct is in two days. And somehow things not being able to be leaked means Banjo is magically deconfirmed and just leak bait? Leakbait is meant to target the person on the inside leaking information. A person on the outside leaking false information is no problem for Nintendo since they aren't telling true information. I think I'm going to consider this my final post in this thread till after the direct. If he is announced I'll come back. If not. I'm not going to be able to deal with how this thread is going to be if the chance of Banjo not making it in is any indication.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sabi didn't get caught because Nintendo threw out Banjo and expected to catch someone, **** she never even definitively said Banjo was in. She got caught because she often loudly announced ahead of time that she would be leaking upcoming reveals, compared to most others who just throw info out there with no build up.

Last edited by a moderator:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Listen, you don't use a character as leakbait if they're more popular than the character you're actually introducing.
Banjo doesn't get special treatment just because he's popular. Vergeben mentioned he heard various Square related character names. Assuming that Nintendo is actually giving out leakbait, Banjo would be just another character on a list of others that aren't in the game.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
You’re mad at Nintendo for doing their job? Leaking is technically wrong. So they are doing their job to prevent.
Not to pick on Crooner Mike specifically, but we were all waiting with bated breath for Sabi to give us the goods, cheering her on for days and talking openly about how much we wanted her info, and now that she got busted you're all like, "Tut tut, that's what she gets for being a little sneak," and I think that's super uncool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Plus, why would Banjo-Kazooie be leakbait now? Unless I am missing something, Microsoft and Nintendo have a good relationship, from what I know. With that, it is hard to imagine Microsoft using the duo as leakbait, especially since Phil Spencer himself said he wanted the duo in Smash.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Banjo was the leak bait then Verge would be getting hit too since he and Sabi share the same source from what I understand... so if Verge gets hit then I'm afraid that may be the case... I guess we can't say for sure...

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Yeah

For no damn reason

Keeping your expectations in check is one thing, but this...

This is just sad...
People are just getting cold feet, Tuesday is going to be a HUGE day for us right or wrong so people naturally are starting to overthink things as the date get's closer.

D

Deleted member

Sabi didn't get caught because Nintendo threw out Banjo and expected to catch someone, **** she never even definitively said Banjo was in. she got caught because she often loudly announced ahead of time that she would be leaking upcoming reveals, compared to most others who just throw info out there with no build up.
This.

By the time she leaked Microsoft and Bathesda (plus some Ubisoft stuff) Nintendo knew they couldn't risk it. This is why most insiders play the teasing game.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If Banjo was the leak bait then Verge would be getting hit too since he and Sabi share the same source from what I understand... so if Verge gets hit then I'm afraid that may be the case... I guess we can't say for sure...
Why do you think he left that 1% of doubt that he could use to back himself out?

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
It's funny that I was very anti vergeben back around the Grinch days and now I'm all on board. Things work out in strange ways

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I see what you mean. I mean, leakers like especially Sabi and Shinobi would be hit hard if they were to end up lying, and those guys are said to be not known for lying. Why should this be any different now because of some cease and desist thing?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Also, if Vergeben was trying to cover his *** with the “99%” he would have left himself wayyyy more wiggle room. Trust me, if he’s wrong that 1% wont save his *** at all. Truthfully I think that 1% is on the off chance that Steve is playable since his sources have said in the past that there might be a playable MC rep but they don’t think its likely. So Vergeben is basically all in on Banjo, he’s just leaving that 1% out there on the off chance that it’s something else, but if he truly doubted Banjo that much he would’ve given Banjo like an 80% chance.

My point is y’all are reading far too much into this. I get wanting to lower your expectations but you don’t gotta act as if this is the end.
He himself didn't say he's 99%, he said his source thinks Banjo in is 99%. The question is has that main source been incorrect before. If some of the stuff he's gotten wrong in the last while has been from that source, then it could happen again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why do you think he left that 1% of doubt that he could use to back himself out?
Oh yeah 1%, such an easy out if things go south

Now I’m no leaker, but if I had something that could be real but might also be bait I’d say it had a 40-50% chance of being real. Not 99%

That’s confidence

D

Deleted member

I mean if they really were leakbait then those nba photos wouldn’t exists

MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny wow reading that top tweet was like cringe you know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Sabi didn't get caught because Nintendo threw out Banjo and expected to catch someone, **** she never even definitively said Banjo was in. She got caught because she often loudly announced ahead of time that she would be leaking upcoming reveals, compared to most others who just throw info out there with no build up.
Apparently Sabi did privately confirm with someone in the thread that Banjo is in, but that info actually isn’t known at all so there’s no way Nintendo would have even known about it unless they have a Ninja lurking in this thread and they caught it at the right time which is very unlikely.

And as MissingGlitch MissingGlitch said, leakbait is meant for the person on the inside, not the outside, so they wouldn’t have cared if Sabi leaked Banjo because he wouldn’t have been in anyway. So the leakbait theory, as most of us have been saying doesn’t make sense at all.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Apparently Sabi did privately confirm with someone in the thread that Banjo is in, but that info actually isn’t known at all so there’s no way Nintendo would have even known about it unless they have a Ninja lurking in this thread and they caught it at the right time which is very unlikely.

And as MissingGlitch MissingGlitch said, leakbait is meant for the person on the inside, not the outside, so they wouldn’t have cared if Sabi leaked Banjo because he wouldn’t have been in anyway. So the leakbait theory, as most of us have been saying doesn’t make sense at all.
In what thread?

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Listen, you don't use a character as leakbait if they're more popular than the character you're actually introducing. People believed that Incineroar was leakbait because he was kind of boring and predictable. Everyone said, "Oh, Incineroar is a smokescreen for Banjo, Geno, and Isacc." No one said he's a smokescreen for, like, Baby Mario.

Don't forget, Ctoan Ctoan said Sabi told him personally on Discord that Banjo is in. I'm pretty surprised we've all been ignoring that.
Sadly you've misunderstood me. I only asked her tell me whether or not they're in when the time came so I wouldn't get spoiled by anything else. Now with the C&D, it never will come. I'm just as in the dark as y'all I'm afraid. :(

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Sure, people don’t come out and say for certain that something is happening. That’s the thing though. Shinobi used the same phrase for Banjo as they did when Smash was unveiled. That’s a vague statement, but guess what? Smash was revealed and Shinobi was right. The info wasn’t leakbait, and Shinobi has an impeccable track record. The same thing seems to be going on here. That also works with stuff like God of War’s Norse setting. The tweet that I saw (can’t find it myself right now) said something about Valhalla. It didn’t come out and say that the new God of War would take place in a Norse environment, it just implied it. Sound familiar?

I watched Sabi gain like 3k followers on twitter over the course of a week, they gained too much attention and paid the price. Not hard to see why Nintendo doesn’t want their stuff leaking out.

Also, can we not tell people to shut up and stop talking? It just stifles debate and can create a hive mind. Dissenting opinions should be encouraged. I can see why people feel the way they do, but telling them to keep it to themselves doesn’t do anyone any good.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
So are we relying on Verge now? I haven't been paying much attention to what he has been saying surrounding today's conferences, but I believe I am hearing that he's been dead on as well?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
He himself didn't say he's 99%, he said his source thinks Banjo in is 99%. The question is has that main source been incorrect before. If some of the stuff he's gotten wrong in the last while has been from that source, then it could happen again.
I mean, replace Vergeben with his source and my point still stands. 1% doesn’t give anyone enough wiggle room to say “Well, I wasn’t sure”, so his source is definitely extremely confident Banjo is in, but is leaving slight room for something else. If they weren’t confident about it they could’ve gone 50/50
or 80/20.
In what thread?
If you’re referring to someone speaking to Sabi privately, it was apparently shown in this thread. I just found out about it like 10 minutes ago myself and it sounds like everyone overlooked it.

Edit: Nvm, they actually just said they weren’t actually told anything, so it was a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom