• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Here's my prediction for how the remaining 4 will be revealed:
- 2 at E3 (one with a gameplay trailer, releasing the week after, and one teased, releasing around august)
- 1 at a random Nintendo Direct (like Cloud was), released around october/november
- 1 at a final Smash Direct at the end of the year (like Corrin and Bayo), releasing february 2020

I just hope Banjo is E3. At this point, I just want something to come out.

These will be very long 2 days...

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Calling it now. Reveal #2, for immediate release, #3 teased fornlater date.
This makes the most sense to me. It's weird though, Sakurai made it sound like they'd only show 1 character this week during the Smash Invitational.
Maybe they'll shadow drop Erdrick at the start of the Direct, and then tease Banjo at the very end.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Here's my prediction for how the remaining 4 will be revealed:
- 2 at E3 (one with a gameplay trailer, releasing the week after, and one teased, releasing around august)
- 1 at a random Nintendo Direct (like Cloud was), released around october/november
- 1 at a final Smash Direct at the end of the year (like Corrin and Bayo), releasing february 2020

I just hope Banjo is E3. At this point, I just want something to come out.

These will be very long 2 days...
Honestly with Sabi's NoA source hinting Banjo and Shinobi as well, I think it's clear he should be the next one. And then all the merch, specially the statue that are always made when somethingis happening, etc etc… Just too many things leading to Banjo being the next one now.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Here's a video by Sakurai announcing it by the way:

Part of me tells me it's not Banjo............and not Erdrick either.

Remember, Simon was confirmed in the August Direct, not E3, so don't lose yo-ah who am i kidding Tuesday will be an Apocalypse.
Okay, that fake Smash Ball has to mean something. They could’ve cut the video before that if it wasn’t something that was worth paying attention to. I know Sakurai loves to troll people, but it still feels very strange to me.

Also, Shinobi’s retweet does raise suspicions, but not enough for me to say that it’s got to be Banjo. So I still have no clue whether or not it’s just going to be fighter #2. I guess if they’re talking about the “reveal” as covering the move set and all that, there could be a tease at the end as well. That’s the most likely scenario in my opinion.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
AMBER ALERT

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm really hoping that this isn't an elaborate troll or that he's being fed misinformation.

But given Shinobi's track record and all the other insiders hinting at Banjo, it's obvious that he knows that he's doing. He wouldn't have done this if he hadn't teased Banjo earlier. Still not going 100% in, though.

These next couple of days are going to be hell.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
We're being set up for failure so goddamn hard right now.
Trust me, we arent. Shinobi is probably one of the most reliable anonymous insiders ever. He's now retweeting Sakurai's statement, especially when the last thing he said was Banjo in Smash at E3.

Its happening man

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Honestly, I’m not expecting anything but...I found it odd that Sakurai had to end with the “oh! It turned into a fake smash ball”

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
We're being set up for failure so goddamn hard right now.
Oh we absolutely are

And, because I'm super bored and we still have three more days of this nonsense let me read into something way too hard

You know what a fake Smash Ball explodes into? An X

1560041346609.png

BZocky

Smash Ace
Have we considered both newcomers could be in the same trailer? It’d be weird to have 2 separate reveals in the direct especially considering last year’s was mostly smash. Maybe with a fakeout after the first in order to let our guard down and create extra surprise factor (hence the fake smash ball).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm...honestly not sure if this really means much, but it's definitely interesting at the very least.
Yeah this means nothing, Shinobi always retweets stuff that are happening or announced. We have enough leads lol let's not reach…

D

Deleted member

What if we get a Fire Emblem newcomer instead of Banjo or Erdrick...

That would just make me quit the stream, honestly. Back in 2015 i ALMOST quited the Final Broadcast as soon as i saw Corrin but kept watching............not gonna make the same mistake twice.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i feel like at this point Shinobi's hyping up banjo fans to the max

if this turns out to not be banjo then oh boy he's gonna have angry tweets coming his way

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
That Fake Smash Ball was probably just a joke. I doubt there's some hidden message here.

If it is Banjo. Guess we have to wait even longer to see if Erdrick comes later.
If Banjo receives the Brave codename, I think that will be it for Erdrick. That codename is the biggest thing Erdrick had going for him. It's bizarre to me that we have been talking about Erdrick for months and that he may not show up at all.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Trust me, we arent. Shinobi is probably one of the most reliable anonymous insiders ever. He's now retweeting Sakurai's statement, especially when the last thing he said was Banjo in Smash at E3.

Its happening man
I almost wanna be a betting man on this one, but I would love to see Banjo too.

You have to understand that this whole situation just screams RED FLAG. We've had Insiders from both sides of the spectrum on the Grinch leak, and we were hype beyond being reigned in. And look what happened there.

incineroar lol.png

The more I see online from either this board or on Twitter constantly screaming "BANJO! HE'S COMING OMG!!", the more I just feel like everyone is being set up for en masse failure.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shinobi knows exactly what he’s doing

Either he truly believes Banjo’s in, or he really enjoys seeing others in pain.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah this means nothing, Shinobi always retweets stuff that are happening or announced. We have enough leads lol let's not reach…
Yes, but the man clearly hinted at Banjo in Smash AT E3 and has yet to retract his comment at all. He knows hes blowing up the internet right now, and he knows why

Bomber57

Smash Cadet

You have to understand that this whole situation just screams RED FLAG. We've had Insiders from both sides of the spectrum on the Grinch leak, and we were hype beyond being reigned in. And look what happened there.

View attachment 226704

The more I see online from either this board or on Twitter constantly screaming "BANJO! HE'S COMING OMG!!", the more I just feel like everyone is being set up for en masse failure.
The majority of insiders with actual credibility under their belt pushed against the Grinch leak, it's just that people's hype was too strong to listen to them.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

View attachment 226704

Uh, we had zero credible insiders support the grinch leak. Stop. This is the exact opposite

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Can I have the sources for all the insiders supporting Banjo please?

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OMG ! What if we get BANJO ! just banjo ! & Kazooie is a seprate fighter ! O.O Nah

what if nintendo are aware of the Edrick & Banjo leaks & are going to puch them back for a diffrent character to disscreadit leakers & make peple dout them being futer characters

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Can I have the sources for all the insiders supporting Banjo?
The main two are Sabi and Shinobi, and both of those two have had VERY good track records in general. Sabi also seems to be supportive of IndieGamerChick, who also suggested Banjo-Kazooie might be in Smash, or at least something involving the duo.

I would count Vergeben, but his track record with both Smash DLC and other games in general has been very shaky at best, so I'm not counting him.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The majority of insiders with actual credibility under their belt pushed against the Grinch leak, it's just that people's hype was too strong to listen to them.
Uh, we had zero credible insiders support the grinch leak. Stop. This is the exact opposite
If my memory serves me right, Papa Genos was among those with the "insider info" of a Microsoft rep saying they'd heard murmurings of Banjo in Smash, correct?

My point is, (and I'm sorry if I rubbed you two the wrong way with my remark) I have a very bad feeling about this because regardless of the info on hand? All we have is words. Literally words. No ESRB leak. No box theory. Shinobi's track record is remarkable, yes. But again? It's all words at this point with no visual proof to speak of. The Banjo-Kazooie support we're seeing at E3 is great to see, don't get it twisted. But anytime a community gets a hold of what could be info, they run a mile with it. And when it's wrong?

It hits hard. I just have a bad feeling about this one. And I'll be glad to be wrong, nor will I stop anyone else from buying in either. Everyone? You do you.

The main two are Sabi and Shinobi, and both of those two have had VERY good track records in general. Sabi also seems to be supportive of IndieGamerChick, who also suggested Banjo-Kazooie might be in Smash, or at least something involving the duo.

I would count Vergeben, but his track record with both Smash DLC and other games in general has been very shaky at best, so I'm not counting him.
Vergeben accurately leaked the entire base roster, how would you not consider him?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 226704

Name me ONE insider who was supporting the Grinch Hoax. One at the same level as Shinobi when it comes to credibilit. Almost all insiders agreed it was fake from the get go, it's just that the fans of those characters in the banner refused to believe otherwise.

The ONLY user who i can think of that wasn't against the Grinch Hoax was papagenos papagenos , and that's only because of Banjo (if im wrong Papa tell me othewise please)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Can I have the sources for all the insiders supporting Banjo please?
Shinobi was the original leaker. Vergeben, whether you believe him or not, said his source told him Banjo is 99% the next fighter. Sabi's alleged source gave her a picture of a bear lol.

Many reporters, like Imran, Jon, Jason, etc are all on board with Banjo being the next character, "predicting" that hes next, not dragon quest like we were all thinking at one point.

D

Deleted member

Name me ONE insider who was supporting the Grinch Hoax. One at the same level as Shinobi when it comes to credibilit. Almost all insiders agreed it was fake from the get go, it's just that the fans of those characters in the banner refused to believe otherwise.

The ONLY user who i can think of that wasn't against the Grinch Hoax was papagenos papagenos , and that's only because of Banjo (if im wrong Papa tell me othewise please)
....continued.

Because Papa's Source told him about Banjo. And as much as i respect Papa, i don't Put him on the same level as Shinobi, not even Vergeben (Simon was only words too, he got confirmed btw*)

*Yes there was that music screw up but that was litreally a day before, Vergeben knew about Simon weeks in advance and despite beign only words, he was one of the few vocal ones about Simon that got it right (alongside Jon who was more subtle in comparison)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That Fake Smash Ball was probably just a joke. I doubt there's some hidden message here.

If Banjo receives the Brave codename, I think that will be it for Erdrick. That codename is the biggest thing Erdrick had going for him. It's bizarre to me that we have been talking about Erdrick for months and that he may not show up at all.
I wouldn't say for sure until we get another SE rep or all the fighters are announced.

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
I feel a little dread about this. If they don't get in this time then I feel they never will.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Vergeben accurately leaked the entire base roster, how would you not consider him?
The base roster and DLC are two different things, because with the base roster, they were probably working on the characters pretty closely to each other, while work on DLC seems to more spread out. Plus, Vergeben hasn't gotten anything right regarding DLC; he didn't mention anything about Joker, I don't buy his claim that he knew about Piranha Plant but didn't say anything because he thought people wouldn't believe him (which didn't seem to stop him before and would've actually bolstered his reputation), and his whole thing with Erdrick feels like a carryover from when he was claiming that a second Square Enix rep was happening in the base roster, and when it didn't, he claimed that it would be the first DLC character, and it wasn't; it honestly feels like he was moving the goalposts. Not to mention, we still have yet to see any Minecraft content, which he also stated was base game, and honestly, like with the second SE rep, if they were meant to be DLC, then I kind of doubt that they were working on them so far back. Overall, while he definitely had a good track record with the base game, he seems to be stumbling with DLC, and his claims seem very shaky to me, hence why I don't really count him.

Top Bottom