• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
So I found this tweet on Twitter that is freaking out over a screenshoted tweet of this actor named Jon Lavitz who seems to be hyping E3 saying "it's going to be big". Considering the only gaming related thing he's worked on though is a promo for Banjo Kazooie, and this tweet definitely sounding like something out of the promo, AND the fact that he deleted this definitely adds to this whole thing.
Guys, I'm starting to think this may be our year.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Can you imagine the absolute torture it would be if banjo wasn't at e3, but every insider ever was doubling down on him for a later date?
Yeah so, I have top-secret insider info, and my sources tell me that there's a 99% chance that this happens, and a 1% chance any of us survive the fallout.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think Vergeben is piggybacking, or at least not entirely.

He definitely has sources, leaking characters nobody or, at least, barely anyone else has mentioned and leaking other games, so I believe him when he says he's heard his most-reliable source said Banjo.

I don't get why he's only settling for 99%, though, unless there's some minor confusion whether it's actually Smash or just a new release (but c'mon if you're saying 99% it may as well be 100%), but if Sabi and Shinobi weren't enough for you, we're definitely in the endgame now.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Yeah so, I have top-secret insider info, and my sources tell me that there's a 99% chance that this happens, and a 1% chance any of us survive the fallout.
That's fine. Is artorias ok? He would definitely hold me over until banjo.:4pacman:

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Let's all relax a little bit. Took some thinking. He could totally be ****ing with us. Afterall, he has expressed multiple times that he does NOT like our community. What's to say that he's using that 1% to fall back on after lieing? He can just simply fall back on how he wasn't 100% sure and his credibility won't be as damaged. It would be incredibly rude, but like I said, he has expressed that he does NOT like our community.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Verge doesn't say Banjo "we shouldn't believe anything Verge says"
Verge says Banjo "Now hold on I don't like the guy but he might be on to something here.*

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Welp, it seems the floodgates have opened. Verge has backed up on Banjo now.

Even though I have been spoiled, I am still glad because I can write about my thoughts on Western third-parties getting in before I leave for good.

I stuck firmly with the mindset that Sakurai would add only Japanese gaming icons. I thought if a Western gaming icon would get added, it would be one of higher calibur Steve or Crash. I thought about how other Western third-parties of lower calibur like Rayman and Shovel Knight were given non-character treatment and how that made me feel certain of Banjo. But man, my expectations were subverted. If the Banjo stuff is true, then Sakurai even outplayed me, haha! I should have thought about Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo more and that one Smash 64 interview bit of Banjo, those were the primary things that made me see Banjo having a shot, though I never saw those factors as ones that give him a decent chance. The wall that did not make me think beyond that was ironically Verge himself with his Minecraft statement bit, because I thought that non-character content would be the max extent for Sakurai. It was not easy for me to believe Banjo as easily as other speculators because of how many factors I was considering. That and the wall of Western third-parties being a uncertainty because of Sakurai's previous statements on wanting to represent Japanese gaming prevented me from predicting him.

So now the floodgates have opened for Western third-parties. What was once a decent pool of Japanese gaming icon candidates to predict I thought has now becoming an unpredictable hellhole now. And if there were a second Fighters Pass, it would only get more unpredictable. Western third-parties I feel people should keep in mind now is:

-Doomguy
-UNDERTALE character
-Crash Bandicoot

That is it. Steve is pretty much out now and Master Chief has already been disconfirmed by some Microsoft director I believe.

I am personally neutral to Banjo, and I think Steve would have been a more unique choice (Steve was kind of the spiritual successor of my idea of Isabelle having a Works Project playstyle, with the building mechanics and such). But it is alright.

I cannot tell which is more surreal, Joker or Banjo being in. Both are definitely more surprising than Cloud for sure.

Congrats to the fans of Banjo if this is true. If it is not, then it is gonna be far more anti-climatic than Isaac back when I thought sprout item and the screenshot was suspicious, haha!

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of Vinesauce, and Vinny has a delightful habit of playing the Banjo-Kazooie title theme when the host of a Nintendo Direct says to "please check something out." If he does that for Banjo's reveal, it's going to be absolutely hilarious for the theme to then actually play.
You know what? I'm just ready for anyone reaction tbh. I wanna see someone cry tears of joy.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Verge says Banjo "Now hold on I don't like the guy but he might be on to something here.*
Verg is Buzzkill Ground Zero for supporters of Banjo - his support is probably objectively unhelpful, but symbolically significant. He's the last naysayer whose opinion anyone cared about, I think, even if they shouldn't have, necessarily, so this 180 feels like desperation.

AKA Everyone who supports Banjo has a case of immense schadenfreude at Verg being swayed.

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
With Banjo getting in another one of my favorite games will be represented in smash ultimate. My favorite game of all time Persona 5 is represented with Joker then we got Donkey and Diddy who represent my second favorite game (in a way) being tropical freeze. Then we got Mario & Rosalina representing Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 with the galaxy stage and music. Then we got Pokemon Black & White stage and music and Sun & Moon music. With Banjo added it would allow me to do a match with Joker, Banjo, Donkey, Diddy, Mario, & Rosalina on N's Castle Stage with Sun & Moon music playing. Smash is freakin amazing. Also, Smash introduced me to Persona 5 which is my favorite game of all time and I can only thank Smash for introducing me to it. Imagine what Banjo's inclusion would do for the franchise, it would introduce their games to so many gamers and open up the door for future games. I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't believe we're at this stage. After months of being convinced that the duo never had a shot, now we have the backing of a few notable leakers with big outlets such as gamexplain reporting on these leaks, it seems the tables have turned in our favor. I'm really excited for E3 now, nothing is confirmed of course, but it's hard to keep my hype in check.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Even though I have been spoiled, I am still glad because I can write about my thoughts on Western third-parties getting in before I leave for good.

I stuck firmly with the mindset that Sakurai would add only Japanese gaming icons. I thought if a Western gaming icon would get added, it would be one of higher calibur Steve or Crash. I thought about how other Western third-parties of lower calibur like Rayman and Shovel Knight were given non-character treatment and how that made me feel certain of Banjo. But man, my expectations were subverted. If the Banjo stuff is true, then Sakurai even outplayed me, haha! I should have thought about Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo more and that one Smash 64 interview bit of Banjo, those were the primary things that made me see Banjo having a shot, though I never saw those factors as ones that give him a decent chance. The wall that did not make me think beyond that was ironically Verge himself with his Minecraft statement bit, because I thought that non-character content would be the max extent for Sakurai. It was not easy for me to believe Banjo as easily as other speculators because of how many factors I was considering. That and the wall of Western third-parties being a uncertainty because of Sakurai's previous statements on wanting to represent Japanese gaming prevented me from predicting him.

So now the floodgates have opened for Western third-parties. What was once a decent pool of Japanese gaming icon candidates to predict I thought has now becoming an unpredictable hellhole now. And if there were a second Fighters Pass, it would only get more unpredictable. Western third-parties I feel people should keep in mind now is:

-Doomguy
-UNDERTALE character
-Crash Bandicoot

That is it. Steve is pretty much out now and Master Chief has already been disconfirmed by some Microsoft director I believe.

I am personally neutral to Banjo, and I think Steve would have been a more unique choice (Steve was kind of the spiritual successor of my idea of Isabelle having a Works Project playstyle, with the building mechanics and such). But it is alright.

I cannot tell which is more surreal, Joker or Banjo being in. Both are definitely more surprising than Cloud for sure.

Congrats to the fans of Banjo if this is true. If it is not, then it is gonna be far more anti-climatic than Isaac back when I thought sprout item and the screenshot was suspicious, haha!
I am almost literally doing what Akko is doing in your sig. This **** is making me ecstatic.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Please pardon this terrible pun...
But the puzzle pieces are all falling together reeeeally nicely.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This is the main reason why I feel iffy about this.

Is the like if someone from the opposite team is kicking your ass in an online game. But he's on your team the next round. You probably still don't like the guy, but you hope he does as well as he did last game.:laugh:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Steve mii costume? Steve Mii costume.
Most likely, I've been calling this since the very start, it just makes more sense that way
So now we got Vergeben saying that Banjo is in... on top of all the other stuff that's been pointing towards Banjo..?
No no no, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I've been waiting on this boy since 64 I'm NOT getting burned now noooooopers
ONE OF US!

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I’m now interested in what Vergs acquaintances have to say, although I’ve been out of the leak scene for a bit so I could’ve missed something.

Both Xenother and Hitagi were both adamant Steve backers and communicated with him a lot, and both were absolutely certain Banjo was not in. I’ve heard Xenother may be done with leaks, but I’d like know Hitagis thoughts at least. Or if they have any updates. Or did Hitagi go M.I.A after joker got revealed?

Noipoi

Howdy!

-Doomguy
-UNDERTALE character
-Crash Bandicoot

UNDERTALE character

Hell yeah bro

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Banjo: : "I ignored my destiny once. I cannot do that again. Even for you. I'm sorry Steve. A soul for a soul"
Steve: ...... *Minecraft hurt sound*

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just wanted to quickly come in and say I'm rooting for you all on Tuesday. I've never been a Banjo-Kazooie fan but I know if all this stuff that has come up is all true. This will be a big day. Arguably even more then any 3rd party, even compared to what was my dream character in Sonic prior to Brawl. Because at the time Sonic got in he had been 3rd party for 6-7 years (Plus he was never exactly a dormant franchise like Banjo has been for so long either). This would be literally closer to if Sonic had somehow made it in the first Smash Bros. game despite Sega still competing with Nintendo at the time. Albeit certainly Microsoft's cooperation has raised some eyebrows.

I hope to see more people experience the joy I felt back in October 2007. Good luck.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
To those of you dipping your toes in Undertale waters: that ain't happening. Toby Fox already said he doesn't want Undertale characters in any fighting game because of its themes of nonviolence. And thank God for that, too.

Let's all relax a little bit. Took some thinking. He could totally be ****ing with us. Afterall, he has expressed multiple times that he does NOT like our community. What's to say that he's using that 1% to fall back on after lieing? He can just simply fall back on how he wasn't 100% sure and his credibility won't be as damaged. It would be incredibly rude, but like I said, he has expressed that he does NOT like our community.
I mean, Vergeben is kind of a tool, but if I were a Banjo hater, I wouldn't troll the Banjo fan community by pretending he's in. I'd say emphatically that Banjo isn't in and delight in that. I know that if I wanted to piss off Steve fans, I wouldn't claim Steve was coming.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
As much as I am a madwomen for hoping. I really hope that E3 proves the Google theory correct. That is like the perfect lineup for DLC.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So I take a break to watch the Raptors game (go Raps!) and I come back and see this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77761932?jumpto=41#41

I know we don't worship Verg like cultists around here, but this is certainly an interesting development.
I do not like Verge at all, but he seems to be jumping on the Banjo bandwagon at all even if he as a bit of a **** about it with his 99% comment. That's still a good thing in my book despite his obsession with "Minecraft content", which I'm now assuming will be a Mii costume or spirit.

Shinobi and Sabi were enough to make me a believer, but having Verge now backing Banjo is a little extra assurance. So much for those fake 4Chan leaks!

I've been saying for a while we'll get a Banjo-Erdrick double reveal. Looks like that just might be the case.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Undertale characters wouldn’t make sense in Smash. It’d be like Superman being in a Mortal Kombat game.

...wait

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I've gone all in. I've changed my avatar til Nintendo does their E3 Direct.

Again, really meaning it, let's hope we get that "Guh-Huh!" we all here are looking forward to.

Wish you guys all the best of luck. Brace yourselves these coming days.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
To those of you dipping your toes in Undertale waters: that ain't happening. Toby Fox already said he doesn't want Undertale characters in any fighting game because of its themes of nonviolence. And thank God for that, too.

I mean, Vergeben is kind of a tool, but if I were a Banjo hater, I wouldn't troll the Banjo fan community by pretending he's in. I'd say emphatically that Banjo isn't in and delight in that. I know that if I wanted to piss off Steve fans, I wouldn't claim Steve was coming.
Perhaps not as a character, though Undertale would make for a funny assist trophy. I can imagine Sans popping out, starting a conversation with a character leaving them temporarily open to others attacking them. Still incorporates the themes while making for an interesting fighter dynamic. Would be hard to scale that to a full character--I feel like my openness to an Undertale character is just wondering what Sakurai would... do with that.

I have no reason to suspect Verge is trolling--they're aggressive against the Smash community, but seems to have separated that from when they do rumor. I always expected Verge was done with Smash for that reason. Also, the way he worded it was really weird--at first I thought it was a photoshopped image given the nonsensical grammar, but saw it was real on Gamefaqs.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
So I found this tweet on Twitter that is freaking out over a screenshoted tweet of this actor named Jon Lavitz who seems to be hyping E3 saying "it's going to be big". Considering the only gaming related thing he's worked on though is a promo for Banjo Kazooie, and this tweet definitely sounding like something out of the promo, AND the fact that he deleted this definitely adds to this whole thing.
Guys, I'm starting to think this may be our year.
Ok I'm starting to think this screencap is fake. If any of you know how to retrieve deleted tweets can you do that? Because I don't know how.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I won’t believe they’re in until I see it, especially if the word is coming from Vergeben. I think the evidence we already had is pointing towards a future for Banjo-Kazooie as a franchise which may or may not hint at their inclusion. Also if his word is to be taken Google theory is dead on the spot because of Erdrick.

Top Bottom