• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
My thing is, I don't trust Verg. But I do trust that Verg cares about his rep as a "reliable leaker." He's been wrong, but mostly about things that are easy to dance around or ignore.

Try ignoring being wrong about a "99%" chance for Banjo and a "100%" chance for Erdrick. Not a single person on the face of the earth would ever believe a word he said again.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was waiting for Verge's response. That was the only thing I needed to not be skeptical of Banjo anymore.

It is quite surreal that Banjo is going to be the first Western third-party if true.

Looks like that what I personally believed in what Sakurai would do for this Fighters Pass was wrong. I am ok with this.

Alot of people give Verge flack but he was on point before the release of Ultimate. He was the few saying Incineroar was a character even during the Grinch leak and he was like the only one to mention Isabelle. I haven’t really followed what he has said post launch but I don’t think its fair to completely dismiss him... yet.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
My thing is, I don't trust Verg. But I do trust that Verg cares about his rep as a "reliable leaker." He's been wrong, but mostly about things that are easy to dance around or ignore.

Try ignoring being wrong about a "99%" chance for Banjo and a "100%" chance for Erdrick. Not a single person on the face of the earth would ever believe a word he said again.
Yeah, after DLC started (and after seeing how smug he can get at times), I really don't care for anything Verge says. Hell, it might be a bit mean of me to say, but one of the reasons I hope Erdrick is leak-bait is for him to be genuinely, un-deniably wrong on Smash stuff; it might serve as a good humbling experience for him.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I know this is more of a personal thing but I gotta say it… what a jackass lol, he has something 99% confirmation on it and doesnt say it until some other actually more credible people leak Banjo first… sounds like terrible way of hidding his piggybacking. But if he does have someone saying it, might as well celebrate someone else is confirming Banjo. I just think it's stupid he has leaked non 100% stuff before and now he waited for others to leak it first when he had something nearly as confirmed, lol. Aaaanyway… jokes aside, this is great news, altho i still personally don't use him as evidence considering how quiet he has been for DLC all these months. I have enough with Sabi's teaser picture the NoA source gave her + Shinobi's teasing.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I'm a huge Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie fan, so getting both on E3 would be a day to remember for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Throughout all of this, I thought Banjo in Smash was a fleeting dream. Everything could have gone wrong, from Grinch leak to Steve to Microsoft not even doing anything, but god damn.

Just... god damn

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

He definitely has a lot more at stake here than Shinobi, then again if Steve is revealed he’d still be “right”...

A lot of people could easily call him a piggybacker, although it would make sense for different insiders to get the same information around the same time right? Not that piggybacking is out of the question but in theory if people have sources in the same department (close enough to get such information) it kinda makes sense.

Last edited:
Verge isn’t one to ride off of hype. In fact, I’m pretty sure he has stated he doesn’t care for Smash. So whenever he says something its because he believes his own sources not because everyone else is saying it.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
View attachment 226149

EVEN VERGEBEN HAS COME AROUND TO BANJO!

Okay, but seriously, this of him saying 99% chance is yet another example of a lot of insiders leaning to Banjo but no one seems to want to actually say with certainty that he's in. What is going on behind the scenes that has everyone scared to commit to Banjo?
1554897847912.gif

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!! THE GENESIS OF ALL STEVEPOSTING HAS SIDED WITH THEIR ENEMY!!!! Verge is still a hack but ohhh baby....this tastes so sweet. Even if Verge backed Banjo before Shinobi I wouldn't believe him. Right now this is just extra gravy on the delicious plate of plate of roasted troll.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Feels good to know that I'll be able to tell my children about our great victory in the banjo vs steve war.
Screen_Shot_2017-06-23_at_3.27.50_PM.png

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Steve mii costume? Steve Mii costume.
Either a Steve Mii costume or... I dunno, a Steve spirit? I can't imagine any other possibility, provided we're getting any Minecraft content at all. A stage would make sense given the source franchise if we had any indication at the moment we would be getting non-fighter-pass stages.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 226151
IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!! THE GENESIS OF ALL STEVEPOSTING HAS SIDED WITH THEIR ENEMY!!!! Verge is still a hack but ohhh baby....this tastes so sweet. Even if Verge backed Banjo before Shinobi I wouldn't believe him. Right now this is just extra gravy on the delicious plate of plate of roasted troll.
To be fair (and this has been stated MULTIPLE TIMES), Verge never SPECIFICALLY backed Steve; he just said that Steve was a "possibility". The sure thing that he's said about Minecraft is simply the vague statement that Minecraft content of some sort will be coming.

I understand not being fond of the guy or his attitude, but I feel this is, to a lesser extent, a "dislike 'em for the right reasons" sort of deal.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I misread your comment; I thought you were claiming that Verge was backing Steve.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, with TWO leakers now doubling down on Banjo, I'll admit, I'm a believer.

I suppose Phoenix Wright will get his chance another day.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
View attachment 226151
Poetic justice at it's finest.

Steve **** posters: You were the chosen one! It was said that you to destroy Banjo, not confirm him!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright, with TWO leakers now doubling down on Banjo, I'll admit, I'm a believer.

I suppose Phoenix Wright will get his chance another day.
Remember, this isn’t the complete end of the DLC.

Phoenix Wright can still make it!

Never give up!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So now we got Vergeben saying that Banjo is in... on top of all the other stuff that's been pointing towards Banjo..?
No no no, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I've been waiting on this boy since 64 I'm NOT getting burned now noooooopers

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OH F F S !

Come on verge ! people have asked you about banjo PLENTY OF TIMES & all he ever said WAS "minecraft" he had mouths to speak up about banjo being "99%" & is only saying something NOW??? after a leaker with a 100% track recored says banjo ??? (Insert bad words here) verge

he is a big reason there was a war between steve & banjo fans & faned the flames & is now going to say LOL banjo was 99% guna happen all along YEAH RIGHT !

Violante

Smash Apprentice
lol who was it here that said they'd only be sure Banjo wasn't in if Vergeben backed him

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
To somewhat ease the anxiety of worrying about Banjo's fate, I've decided to pick what I think would be the songs and spirits from the series if they get in. I'll be using roughly the same numbers that Persona got.

Here is my ideal song list, trying to balance the games fairly, and pick songs that work in a fighting game:
  1. Banjo-Kazooie Intro
  2. Treasure Trove Cove
  3. Gobi's Valley
  4. Mad Monster Mansion
  5. Click Clock Wood
  6. Klungo Battle
  7. Jinjo Village
  8. Fun & Games (Tooie minigame theme)
  9. Mr. Patch Battle
  10. Canary Mary Race
  11. Showdown Town (giving the N&B fans something)
  12. Gruntilda's Lair / Final Battle (new arrangement, faster-paced)
As for spirits...
  1. Banjo-Kazooie (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Gruntilda
  3. Mumbo Jumbo
  4. Bottles
  5. Klungo
  6. Humba Wumba
  7. Jamjars
  8. Jinjos
  9. Boggy
  10. Jolly Roger
  11. Jiggy
  12. Lord of Games
Feel free to make you own list of either or both if you want.
If there's one thing I am expecting to be disappointed in if Banjo & Kazooie get in, are probably the re-mixes--of the songs that I do like that are in Smash, I haven't liked one remix. :rotfl: But that's probably because I'm not into fighting music, and they're often fight-ified.

Here are some songs that I want in, even though some will certainly not be:
1. Main Title (B-K)
2. Spiral Mountain (B-K)
3. Gruntilda's Lair (B-K)
4. Treasure Trove Cove (B-K)
5. Freezeezy Peak (B-K)
6. Click Clock Wood (B-K)
7. Final Battle (B-K)
8. Glittergulch Mine (B-T)
9. Witchyworld - Boss (B-T)
10. Jolly Rogers Lagoon (B-T)
11. Grunty Industries - Boss (B-T)
12. Hailfire Peaks (B-T)

EDIT: Oh, Verge is now saying he confirms Banjo & Kazooie. Guh-huuuuuuuh....

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok...

Hang on, can I get everyone's attention please? I know we've had ups and downs. I know that we've had fanbases laugh us off. I know we've been at some sort of "war" with Steve fans.

I get it. We've been an underdog for far FAR too long. However, it's not set in stone yet. We haven't got a Banjo announcement. And WHEN/IF WE DO! GUY!! LISTEN!!! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO STEVE FANS!! I can not stress this enough. Think about if the tables were turned and Steve got in over Banjo. Would you really want the Steve fanbase coming in here and laughing and taunting to us??

NO! So don't do it to them. Just be the damn good sports that I know we are. Don't be ass holes. We're on the same team. Wanting characters in Smash. No need to demean someone else for wanting Steve over Banjo. Be considerate. That's all I ask.

Dan

Smash Lord
Ok, so Banjo's in the game, but did any of these leakers actually say he'll be revealed at E3? I mean, with the the way things have been falling into place it looks highly likely.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I believed in Erdrick and Banjo for awhile now mainly because of the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt glitch as I believed those two were being used as bases for both Erdrick and Banjo

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So um... yeah...

Looks like he might actually be in.

Never thought I'd see the day, but here we are.

Starting to wonder how crazy the last 2 characters in the fighter's pass are gonna be with the first 3 supposedly being this insane

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been waiting for this for so long
I can't believe the bear and bird might finally be in the spotlight again
1ualhp.jpg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't trust Verge in the slightest, but it's interesting that he's saying he's sure about Banjo being in, too. I won't deny that. If he's to be believed, we're getting Banjo and Erdrick with at least the former being present for E3. It's so bittersweet because that means my other non-AT'd most wanted, Geno, is definitely dead in the water, but... Banjo. Banjo. I would have no room to be sad about Geno. I would only have room to be excited about Banjo.

If Banjo really does make it, I'm going to be extremely annoying for months as I squeal and scream about B-K for eons.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So um... yeah...

Looks like he might actually be in.

Never thought I'd see the day, but here we are.

Starting to wonder how crazy the last 2 characters in the fighter's pass are gonna be with the first 3 supposedly being this insane
Inb4 one of them is Jill Valentine, fulfilling staindgrey staindgrey ’s wishes.

But who knows what direction DLC is taking... only time will tell.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the memes when banjo is in are going to be delicious ! & if steve dose end up a mii costume my personal headcanon will be that kazooie skined him alive & gave it to the mii fighters >:D

ofcourse thats IF this happens lol

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Can you imagine the absolute torture it would be if banjo wasn't at e3, but every insider ever was doubling down on him for a later date?

Top Bottom