• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure if we'll hear from Shinobi until closer to E3, if at all, unless he gets further information to either clarify or pull a Verge and backpedel.

I still don't think he's trolling us so let's wait and see if he has anything else to say. My gut tells me that we're in the clear if he doesn't follow up with any backpedeling.

ze9

Smash Ace
Personally, I like the "Brave = Bear V" (as in Smash V) theory the best.

I'm not too sure if we'll hear from Shinobi until closer to E3, if at all, unless he gets further information to either clarify or pull a Verge and backpedel.

I still don't think he's trolling us so let's wait and see if he has anything else to say. My gut tells me that we're in the clear if he doesn't follow up with any backpedeling.
I don't think Shinobi will talk about this again. It was more of a tease than a leak.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I feel like Cloud and Joker are huge exceptions, because they were characters some people wanted, but everyone thought were impossible - mostly due to fanrules.

Considering that Banjo has been requested all this time, I personally would prefer to have confirmation sooner rather than (possibly) never. I was very glad that Ridley and K. Rool were revealed quickly, in a way. Even if that meant the less impressive reveals came last. I think I feel a similar way towards DLC.

Also, here's something I thought about: counting Piranha Plant, and in case Erdrick and Banjo are E3 reveals, we'd have gotten two Sakurai picks (PP and Joker) and two fan picks (Erdrick and Banjo). Maybe the last two would be complete surprise picks? Dunno, just a s
Erdrick is more of a promotional pick rather than a fan pick though.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Shinobi's definitely not messing around or trolling anyone. He would of clarified it by now if he was.

I think the worst case scenario is just that if his source is wrong about Banjo coming, like how NateDrake and other insiders' sources were wrong about MPT being revealed at the VGAs last year.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Shinobi, that I personally admire, is that unlike other insiders, he doesn’t stick around and bore you with his speculation and opinions.
The dude literally shows up with a leak, it happens and that’s it.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The thing about Shinobi, that I personally admire, is that unlike other insiders, he doesn’t stick around and bore you with his speculation and opinions.
The dude literally shows up with a leak, it happens and that’s it.
Indeed. I appreciate his directness as opposed to the vague mind games that some other leakers play with us. We probably won't hear from him again until after E3.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anybody in with GameStop that can verify this claim? Big if true

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
To somewhat ease the anxiety of worrying about Banjo's fate, I've decided to pick what I think would be the songs and spirits from the series if they get in. I'll be using roughly the same numbers that Persona got.

Here is my ideal song list, trying to balance the games fairly, and pick songs that work in a fighting game:
  1. Banjo-Kazooie Intro
  2. Treasure Trove Cove
  3. Gobi's Valley
  4. Mad Monster Mansion
  5. Click Clock Wood
  6. Klungo Battle
  7. Jinjo Village
  8. Fun & Games (Tooie minigame theme)
  9. Mr. Patch Battle
  10. Canary Mary Race
  11. Showdown Town (giving the N&B fans something)
  12. Gruntilda's Lair / Final Battle (new arrangement, faster-paced)
As for spirits...
  1. Banjo-Kazooie (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Gruntilda
  3. Mumbo Jumbo
  4. Bottles
  5. Klungo
  6. Humba Wumba
  7. Jamjars
  8. Jinjos
  9. Boggy
  10. Jolly Roger
  11. Jiggy
  12. Lord of Games
Feel free to make you own list of either or both if you want.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
To somewhat ease the anxiety of worrying about Banjo's fate, I've decided to pick what I think would be the songs and spirits from the series if they get in. I'll be using roughly the same numbers that Persona got.

Here is my ideal song list, trying to balance the games fairly, and pick songs that work in a fighting game:
  1. Banjo-Kazooie Intro
  2. Treasure Trove Cove
  3. Gobi's Valley
  4. Mad Monster Mansion
  5. Click Clock Wood
  6. Klungo Battle
  7. Jinjo Village
  8. Fun & Games (Tooie minigame theme)
  9. Mr. Patch Battle
  10. Canary Mary Race
  11. Showdown Town (giving the N&B fans something)
  12. Gruntilda's Lair / Final Battle (new arrangement, faster-paced)
As for spirits...
  1. Banjo-Kazooie (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Gruntilda
  3. Mumbo Jumbo
  4. Bottles
  5. Klungo
  6. Humba Wumba
  7. Jamjars
  8. Jinjos
  9. Boggy
  10. Jolly Roger
  11. Jiggy
  12. Lord of Games
Feel free to make you own list of either or both if you want.

An excellent selection!

Stage wise... I mean putting aside the obvious picks like Gruntilda's Lair or Spiral Mountain; the two most iconic stages in Kazooie to me is Treasure Trove Cove and Click Clock Wood

As for Tooie, the two most iconic stages to me are Hailfire Peaks and Witchyworld.

My ideal stage is a stage that starts in Gruntilda's lair but the background changes to the various worlds of Kazooie/Tooie ala Mario Maker. Also Gruntilda occasionally hurling insults at whoever is fighting on stage

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Treasure Trove Cove and Click Clock Wood are definitely the most iconic Banjo-Kazooie stages, though I'd also throw in Freezeezy Peak because of the Ice Key. As for Tooie... honestly, the ones that aren't iconic are Glitter Gulch Mine and Cloud Cuckooland. The other six are all awash in fundamental Tooieness.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anybody in with GameStop that can verify this claim? Big if true
Got a buddy who works at GameStop. I'll ask him.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Like Goku and
Microsoft and Nintendo are like those two characters in anime or something that hate each other and try killing themselves for a couple of seasons and then realize, "Hey you're actually kind of cool, wanna hang out?" then go out for a few beers and slay demons together. Anime things.
Like Goku and Vegeta!

An excellent selection!

Stage wise... I mean putting aside the obvious picks like Gruntilda's Lair or Spiral Mountain; the two most iconic stages in Kazooie to me is Treasure Trove Cove and Click Clock Wood

As for Tooie, the two most iconic stages to me are Hailfire Peaks and Witchyworld.

My ideal stage is a stage that starts in Gruntilda's lair but the background changes to the various worlds of Kazooie/Tooie ala Mario Maker. Also Gruntilda occasionally hurling insults at whoever is fighting on stage
Hey, what about other Rare games? Like Diddy Kong Racing?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You know I wonder. If Banjo gets in and there is a new game to go along with him. Did Microsoft decide to make the game before Banjo got in or they are doing it as a response to Banjo getting in.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
If anyone's trailer is a remake of the N64 commerical, it's gotta be Crash. Imagine the 90's mascot suit Crash with a megaphone walking in on that scene.

"Hey plumber boy."

Then Banjo face plants the ground like this commercial.

I have seen a behind the scene video of this commercial!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I trust Nintendo will have a good track list lined up. But I personally want mayahem temple in there. I don't know what it is, but I can't stop listening to it. So good. I also want it so the stage can indirectly taunt you. "Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough."

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay if the GameStop thing starts becoming true, then I’ll get excited? I dunno, it’s hard to not be skeptical

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I have theory on why all this Banjo merch is releasing. It maybe Microsoft's plan to revive Banjo's popularity and then make a new game!

Here is how I theorize their plan to be, in phases:

Phase 1: Release Banjo merch, building the hype

Phase 2: Banjo joins Smash Bros.

Phase 3: Port Rare Replay to Switch

Phase 4: A (hopefully) remaster of Diddy Kong Racing, where Banjo debuted before his first game

Phase 5: Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie remaster dual game, for Switch and Xbox One

Phase 6: NEW BANJO-KAZOOIE GAME!

Phase 7: Port new game to Switch

That is what I believe and theorize what may be happening.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
1559789181975.png

EVEN VERGEBEN HAS COME AROUND TO BANJO!

Okay, but seriously, this of him saying 99% chance is yet another example of a lot of insiders leaning to Banjo but no one seems to want to actually say with certainty that he's in. What is going on behind the scenes that has everyone scared to commit to Banjo?

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77761932?jumpto=41#41

I know we don't worship Verg like cultists around here, but this is certainly an interesting development.
Oh, he has absolutely no idea. I’m pretty certain on that. This reads as “other people say it, so I will too”. He’s definitely saying 99% just so if he gets BTFO’d he can claim that he was never absolutely sure, and try and retain some semblance of credibility.

I haven’t paid attention to Vergeben since base game considering how downhill his track record has gone ever since.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
View attachment 226149

EVEN VERGEBEN HAS COME AROUND TO BANJO!

Okay, but seriously, this of him saying 99% chance is yet another example of a lot of insiders leaning to Banjo but no one seems to want to actually say with certainty that he's in. What is going on behind the scenes that has everyone scared to commit to Banjo?
Probably because they're scared they will get huge amounts of backlash if the leaks are wrong.

Oh, he has absolutely no idea. I’m pretty certain on that. This reads as “other people say it, so I will too”. He’s definitely saying 99% just so if he gets BTFO’d he can claim that he was never absolutely sure, and try and retain some semblance of credibility.

I haven’t paid attention to Vergeben since base game considering how downhill his track record has gone ever since.
BTFO? What does that stand for?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Haven’t posted in forever! I just asked him for clarification in that thread and it sounds like he’s pretty damn sure. I wonder what’s going to happen with the mincecraft content.

I’m pretty confident in banjo now! Hype in check but rejoice (for now)!

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
If Banjo was to be announced for Smash I would love his tag line to be either
Banjo Kazooie makes a RARE appearance or

Banjo Kazooie are home

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I seriously hope that all this Erdrick nonsense is hogwash. I've been getting tired of hearing about him like he has been confirmed for the last year solely based off a guy's opinion.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Haven’t posted in forever! I just asked him for clarification in that thread and it sounds like he’s pretty damn sure. I wonder what’s going to happen with the mincecraft content.

I’m pretty confident in banjo now! Hype in check but rejoice (for now)!
Probably Steve is a Spirit, Verge isn't saying cause he knows Steve fans will harass him.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Funny enough, I was literally typing out: "What would you guys do if verge was backing banjo?"

Don't know what to make of this honestly.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Probably Steve is a Spirit, Verge isn't saying cause he knows Steve fans will harass him.
He’s probably used to that by now :teeth:

But seriously, I remember talks of a minecraft boss too right? Or maybe I’m remembering wrong. It does make me wonder if they’ll only be showcasing characters at E3, but I don’t want to go off to the deep end with that though process...for my sanity. And man if it’s not banjo or Erderick....

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
There's more to it!

1559789967454.png

Verg is backing Shinobi on this one.

I can't believe it may actually be our time

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Interesting development with Verge, though I still don't particularly care for him still claiming full-force that Erdrick is in without providing any real proof; I guess that's just a hill that he's really determined to die on.

Top Bottom