• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Well, bedtime for me too. I look forward to speed-reading 5+ pages of new revelations tomorrow. One more week, guys! Let's try to keep it together.

StormC

Smash Hero
You can be excited but just keep in mind that Sakurai is genuinely out of touch enough to think a B-K mii costume would be good enough.
I don't really agree, to be honest. I think this isn't a very fair assessment. Smash Ultimate proved Sakurai is willing to change his mind when fans take him to task. He added Ridley, a character he twice said was impossible. He added K. Rool, a character that has been kept alive purely by fans for the last decade. He brought back every single veteran and put in a lot of gameplay changes that fans wanted. Just because he didn't add a few other characters or added ones we might not have loved doesn't mean he's "out of touch." I think he deserves more credit than that.

Sakurai isn't perfect by any means, but let's not throw the man under the bus who might just be delivering us to valhalla.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Gotta go take a nap too.

Don't forget the Pokemon Direct this (Depending where you live) morning/afternoon/night !!!

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Like seriously, if you got nothing nice to say, then don’t say nothing at all
I'm not trying to start anything with you nor be a SJW, but perhaps you shouldn't use a slur as part of the name you called this person.

Which makes your other post that I'm quoting here ironic.

Again, I'm not coming for you, just asking we be careful about what we decide to call people.

Edit: I just read a similar post and then read your post awknowledging/apologizing. Thanks for being reflective! Carry on :)

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Should be common sense at this point, but, people are getting too swept up in the hype.

I'm no moderator, but nip this in the bud before it gets stupid. Things are pretty tame right now as is.

[EDIT]

I'm talking moreso about the ****talking between people and the borderline 4chan shenanigans.

On topic of Banjo though? I'm worried, tbh. After getting bamboozled by the Grinch Leak (and everyone putting WAY too much stake in leakers, both legit and fake,) I see the signs? But I'm not about ready to wish for the world when it comes to the bear and bird. I'm spoiled. I got Sonic and Cloud and the best version of Zelda. Banjo is icing on the cake.

I'm imploring everyone to temper their expectations. Cause man. I don't wanna imagine this board if it doesn't wind up being true/all we hoped it would be.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I'm 100% expecting Banjo. It's just an incredibly strong gut feeling I had back when there was zero "evidence" to begin with.

I feel it in my jellies.

HOWEVER - I 100% won't be mad if this doesn't turn out as expected. I've wanted Banjo-Kazooie in smash for close to 20 years, so I kinda just don't get mad anymore. Dissapointed sure. But not mad.

It's actually quite wonderful that there are so many subtle and not so subtle nods to Banjo-Kazooie en route to E3. They're getting a lot of attention and that's awesome no matter the outcome!

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to start anything with you nor be a SJW, but perhaps you shouldn't use a slur as part of the name you called this person.

Which makes your other post that I'm quoting here ironic.

Again, I'm not coming for you, just asking we be careful about what we decide to call people.

Edit: I just read a similar post and then read your post awknowledging/apologizing. Thanks for being reflective! Carry on :)
Lol, thanks for reaching out! I want to keep things as positive as possible and I kinda let my anger out after I heard that, I’m just really hyped for Banjo-Kazooie, I haven’t seen them in years and can’t wait to see them again! I’m sure lots of people feel the same way I do about the subject. I apologize for letting my anger out and once again thank you for reaching out!
P.S. Are you hyped for Banjo?

StormC

Smash Hero
For my own sake, I have felt there was smoke around Banjo ever since PapaGenos' Microsoft source accurately described Spirits before their confirmation.

Ever since then I've been assuming Banjo was coming, whether it was Grinch or DLC. The silence from Rare and MS ever since is telling as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The user SuperSceptile15 is currently banned. Please do not respond to the user or talk about them at this time. To clarify, talked about a banned user becomes problematic as they cannot defend themselves if you say something bad about them. In addition, we shouldn't being flinging dirt at any users anyway, banned or otherwise. Let's move back to the normal discussion and keep it civil, please. :)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
For my own sake, I have felt there was smoke around Banjo ever since PapaGenos' Microsoft source accurately described Spirits before their confirmation.

Ever since then I've been assuming Banjo was coming, whether it was Grinch or DLC. The silence from Rare and MS ever since is telling as well.
This makes me wonder. That would mean that both Banjo and Erdrick were both known about for at least a good several months before the DLC was finalized. What does that say about Joker? How would those two be known about so far in advance when not a soul knew about Joker till he was announced. Especially since Joker would have had more development plans in place for being the first one to be announced.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
This makes me wonder. That would mean that both Banjo and Erdrick were both known about for at least a good several months before the DLC was finalized. What does that say about Joker? How would those two be known about so far in advance when not a soul knew about Joker till he was announced. Especially since Joker would have had more development plans in place for being the first one to be announced.
I think Sakurai actually said something about this. Joker actually wasn’t supposed to be first, but was pushed up because it would be better reveal to kick things off with than, say, Erdrick. This could also be why you had those rumors about a Square rep at the VGAs, because for all we know that could totally have been the plan at the time.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think Sakurai actually said something about this. Joker actually wasn’t supposed to be first, but was pushed up because it would be better reveal to kick things off with than, say, Erdrick. This could also be why you had those rumors about a Square rep at the VGAs, because for all we know that could totally have been the plan at the time.
That still means that Microsoft, SE, and Atlus were being talked to during this time frame even if plans were changed and Erdrick was supposed to be first. It still seems strange how Joker was under lock and key when there were so many loose lips with Banjo and Erdrick. I guess we know now that Atlus is much better at keeping secrets then both Microsoft and SE.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That still means that Microsoft, SE, and Atlus were being talked to during this time frame even if plans were changed and Erdrick was supposed to be first. It still seems strange how Joker was under lock and key when there were so many loose lips with Banjo and Erdrick. I guess we know now that Atlus is much better at keeping secrets then both Microsoft and SE.
Atlus is a smaller company than Microsoft and Square so it makes sense. I don't think historically much of anything leaks from them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Should be common sense at this point, but, people are getting too swept up in the hype.

I'm no moderator, but nip this in the bud before it gets stupid. Things are pretty tame right now as is.

[EDIT]

I'm talking moreso about the ****talking between people and the borderline 4chan shenanigans.

On topic of Banjo though? I'm worried, tbh. After getting bamboozled by the Grinch Leak (and everyone putting WAY too much stake in leakers, both legit and fake,) I see the signs? But I'm not about ready to wish for the world when it comes to the bear and bird. I'm spoiled. I got Sonic and Cloud and the best version of Zelda. Banjo is icing on the cake.

I'm imploring everyone to temper their expectations. Cause man. I don't wanna imagine this board if it doesn't wind up being true/all we hoped it would be.
If there's a lesson from the Grinch banner, it's that we should listen to insiders. That's not the same as believing them, though (I won't believe Banjo & Kazooie's in Smash until I see the trailer). Insiders can be mistaken, or troll, so there's certainly ways it could be wrong. But it's not a "leak" in the same vein as the Grinch banner, but a potential hint from someone who's credible--enough evidence to satisfy my skepticism, for now.

I do think, though, that people should also learn another lesson from the Grinch banner. During that period, some fans were taking victory laps, disparaging other people and their characters--and we saw how that turned out with their hubris. The one thing I'll regret if B&K, or any divisive character, gets in, the toxicity will ruin the enjoyment a bit.

I'll set the party stuff aside, but won't celebrate until if and when the trailer comes out. :chuckle:

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
That still means that Microsoft, SE, and Atlus were being talked to during this time frame even if plans were changed and Erdrick was supposed to be first. I guess we know now that Atlus is much better at keeping secrets then both Microsoft and SE.
If Erdrick actually was supposed to be first, though, and again that’s largely pure speculation, it at least gives more credence to the “double reveal at E3” idea.

If they got a ways into development on Erdrick before marketing told them to start with Joker instead, they could theoretically have had Erdrick done far, far earlier than one might expect a “second character” to be.

Like, and again this is speculation, but if they initially planned for, say, Erdrick in Feb-March, Joker in April-May, and Banjo in June-July, then the idea of Joker in April and then both Erdrick and Banjo in June becomes less far-fetched.

(Plus, I’m still personally sticking to All-Star Theory, where the 2.0.0 patch had three characters briefly crash All-Star Mode before a hotfix: Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter, and Duck Hunt Dog. Piranha Plant at least made some sense because it was the patch it was added in, but what were they doing to Swordfighter and DHD? Internally testing some moves, perhaps?)

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I believe I heard somewhere that the development for the DLC is done in parts (fighters 1-3 first, then fighters 4-5). It kind of lines up with Smash 4, where we had Mewtwo through Ryu, then 6 months until Cloud through Bayonetta. With that in mind, Piranha Plant notwithstanding, it would make sense that Joker was being worked on alongside two others. This seems to make the double reveal a bit more likely, and (knock on wood) things seem to be pointing in the direction of Erdrick and Banjo at E3.

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
I'm so empty now......
My poor Steve. :(
I'm gonna have a meltdown this E3, but, hopefully you guys enjoy your character...

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm so empty now......
I'm gonna have a meltdown this E3, but, hopefully you guys enjoy your character...
Sorry dude, nothing personal but we gotta get our Bear and Bird back on the scene. They need this opportunity to rise again!

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm so empty now......
Personally I never thought Steve was too likely for a multitude of reasons. Even if Banjo-Kazooie didn't exist, I don't think Steve would be in Smash either. It wasn't an either or thing; most likely Sakurai went to Microsoft with Banjo in mind and nobody else. I'd feel the same way if this leak went up in smoke.

All the same, sorry it doesn't seem like you're getting the character you want. I've been there many times.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo didn't exist they would either not have gone to Microsoft for any character ever. Or they would have gone for Master Chief.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I am beyond excited that a credible leaker hinted at Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros.!
Banjo-Kazooie is tied with Crash Bandicoot for my most wanted newcomer. Banjo was also who I voted for in the Fighter Ballot.
I just have a soft spot for my 90s platformers. Banjo, Crash, Spyro, and Rayman!
I AM HYPED!!!

Very interesting developments. The lid is still on though.

Regardless of if our Smash hopes and dreams come true or not, E3 is a great time of year, it is time...

The Hype train is now departing.

All aboaaaarrrrrrd!

(I miss Reggie already, keen to see what kind of presence Doug Bowser has at E3)

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think that looking at how Smash was handled with regards to characters with 4’s DLC is actually kind of mistake in terms of how many fighters we’ll see. Sakurai directly stated hat the 3DS limitations forced such a big triple release at E3 2015. The more I think about it, the less likely I’m finding a second character at E3... I’d like to be wrong, but just a gut feeling.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think that looking at how Smash was handled with regards to characters with 4’s DLC is actually kind of mistake in terms of how many fighters we’ll see. Sakurai directly stated hat the 3DS limitations forced such a big triple release at E3 2015. The more I think about it, the less likely I’m finding a second character at E3... I’d like to be wrong, but just a gut feeling.
I see basically two scenarios:

1. Erdrick announced with full gameplay showcase, shadow dropped (possibly during the Smash tournament). Nintendo E3 Direct has a Banjo tease.
2. Banjo is fighter 2 and gets the full display, nothing else announced/teased.

For the life of me I cannot imagine Erdrick being the sole E3 reveal. DQ is a fine series, but E3 has always had something major to reveal since Smash 4's debut in 2013; Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Everyone Is Here + Ridley. Banjo being the reveal instead of Erdrick makes perfect sense if we don't get hung up on the codenames. I'd still believe Erdrick, or at least a DQ character, is coming because of Tansut's source, possibly announced closer to DQ11.

I don't see two full gameplay reveals/shadow drops, especially with a timeline going as far as February 2020.

If Shinobi is teasing Banjo, I gotta think it might be scenario 2 (source has access to Banjo render/gameplay maybe?). But who knows. We'll see soon.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Erdrick announced with full gameplay showcase, shadow dropped
might have already been mentioned in this thread, but any kind of shadow drop/'avaliable next day' thing seems very unlikely. the notification for 3.1.0. is set to internally end on the 17th, and the notifications have never once overrun the time of the next update.

fighter 2 is, at the very least, a week after e3 (1 week exactly on the 18th, the day the notification ends).

StormC

Smash Hero
might have already been mentioned in this thread, but any kind of shadow drop/'avaliable next day' thing seems very unlikely. the notification for 3.1.0. is set to internally end on the 17th, and the notifications have never once overrun the time of the next update.

fighter 2 is, at the very least, a week after e3 (1 week exactly on the 18th, the day the notification ends).
That makes things interesting. I would probably lean towards just one reveal then.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
anyone else mainless in Ultimate? I legit got no main. I do play Bowser more though but that all changes if Banjo is announced. Even if he's god awful, I'm sticking with him for life.
Same, my Banjo brother! My main right now is Random but if they make it in, so help me, I will be maining them for LIFE!!

To fix Tooie, all they need to do is fix the framerate. If they could turn Cauldron Keep into a complete level with jiggies and notes, as originally planned, that'd be phenomenal. (That they had to reduce CK to a short gauntlet is the reason there's only 90 jiggies in BT.)
I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THERE WERE ONLY 90! That makes total sense now! Yeah please make that a final world!

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I'm so empty now......
Never give up hope. I think Minecraft could bring a lot to smash and there's no real reason why it has to be one or the other. But if for some reason it doesn't happen this game, Minecraft will definitely still be going strong for the next :)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Joker was announced last year, most of the Erdrick/Banjo stuff has surfaced since that time.

I'm so empty now......
I mean, was this really the place to post this? It's like going to the Erdrick thread to complain about Geno not being in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom