• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's a distracti-........, topic of discussion:

Filling out the current DLC amount using the background colors given to the characters on the Smash website and amiibo boxes.

So, six DLC, six rainbow colors. You make up the rest of the DLC but give them one color each, and the colors have to represent the character and make sense (like Sonic could really only have a blue background, Wii Fit Trainer would be blue instead of green as she has a blue outfit, etc).

Also, Red and Green are taken by Joker and Plant, so those colors can't be reused.

Red: Joker
Orange:
Yellow:
Green: Plant
Blue:
Purple:
This should be fun.

Orange: Chosen Undead (the color of bonfires)
Yellow: Banjo (the color of Jiggies)
Blue: Leon Kennedy / Jill Valentine
Purple: Rayman

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome if the Smash team approached Western composers for remixes of their work, but seriously: Haven't the DKC rearrangements in Ultimate been awesome so far? They certainly do care to capture the spirit of the originals while recording it with talented musicians in great quality. If BK make it in, we can expect some great sounding, fresh yet familiar pieces from the game.

Last edited:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Grant has been pessimistic about the Banjo IP, but when the Grinch Leak was making the rounds he too was becoming convinced and had to lay out that he had "no idea" what was to become of the character for Smash Ultimate.

ze9

Smash Ace
Orange: Crono (because of his pants)
Yellow: Dixie Kong (her ponytail + the color of bananas)
Blue: Banjo-Kazooie (the backpack + in B-K's logo, Banjo's name is in blue)
Purple: Marx (his hat is half blue and half red)
I'd be down for a fighter pass like this.

Well anyways, sorry if I've come as too negative to you all.
Maybe I got too invested in this thing, it's just that the last few weeks of rumors and speculation have been so good to Banjo and Kazooie that I started to really believe this time would be the time. But Grant slapped me back to reality.
I think I'll just relax and wait for E3, then whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
To those that have doubts about Indie Gamer Chick I finally found the post where Sabi supports her credibility, and puts a scope on what IGC's tweet was implying.
20190601_113130.png

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, that seems like a reach

Then again I suppose I shouldn't talk; I myself theorize Brave is in reference to the movie Brave, which if you'll recall is a movie about a snarky red-head girl and a bear.
Im teasing of course, i think most people are expecting both the Square Rep and Banjo to be at E3 anyway.

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
So, there were those Rare Spirits found in the game's code a while back, right? I believe it was Blast Crops. and Jet Force Gemini. If theoretically we do get Banjo in Smash as part of the Fighters Pass, do you think they would add those and other Rare Spirits in the DLC Spirit Board, or do you think it would just be ones from the B-K series? I'd definitely be cool either way, but it would be kind of nice to have references from some of Rare's other memorable games from back in the day like Perfect Dark, Conker, and Killer Instinct.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
To those that have doubts about Indie Gamer Chick I finally found the post where Sabi supports her credibility, and puts a scope on what IGC's tweet was implying.
View attachment 225447
Sabi, Indie Gamer Chick, and the "VR Plant Leaker" are the only "leakers" I'm putting any stock into for Smash DLC and E3 info. They're credible and aren't constantly backpedeling.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, there were those Rare Spirits found in the game's code a while back, right? I believe it was Blast Crops. and Jet Force Gemini. If theoretically we do get Banjo in Smash as part of the Fighters Pass, do you think they would add those and other Rare Spirits in the DLC Spirit Board, or do you think it would just be ones from the B-K series? I'd definitely be cool either way, but it would be kind of nice to have references from some of Rare's other memorable games from back in the day like Perfect Dark, Conker, and Killer Instinct.
I already told my idea of Rare spirits being in their own spirit event for spirit board, so i will take the former idea.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It would be amusing if Banjo gets an alt color that references Duck hunt. Would make things full circle.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Should Banjo have for his alts the Brother Bears from DKC3 or his multiplayer colours from Banjo Tooie?

ze9

Smash Ace
Since we're overanalyzing things... Isn't that design of Banjo's backpack 100% new?
I don't think it ever had the Rare logo and all those stitches in any of the games. The rings that connect the backpack to the buckles are also new, right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Should Banjo have for his alts the Brother Bears from DKC3 or his multiplayer colours from Banjo Tooie?
Yes.

It's been a while since I played Banjo-Tooie's multiplayer, but wouldn't there be room for both? They'd only need four palette swaps for multiplayer, three if you exclude his base design.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Since we're overanalyzing things... Isn't that design of Banjo's backpack 100% new?
I don't think it ever had the Rare logo and all those stitches in any of the games. The rings that connect the backpack to the buckles are also new, right?
You know what? You're right! I think the Totaku figure has has the rare logo on the backpack, but you're right about everything else!

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Amusing that Banjo is still getting an uninterrupted stream of merchandise in tandem with Crash Bandicoot, despite Crash being revitalized and Banjo still dormant (as far as we know)

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I hope that the Rareware logo on Banjo's backpack is a new design that's here to stay. It might come across as a bit hokey to some but I think it genuinely looks really nice on him.

I feel like the multiplayer colors are too obvious to just omit. However considering there are only 4 of them including default Banjo, that still leaves us with half of his alts, which is plenty of room for some Brothers Bear. I'd like to see a Blizzard alt myself.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Banjo's alts should reference a wide variety of BK characters and Conker. First color is Banjo and second is Kazooie. Bold will be the team colors.

Brown + Red = Base
Black + Green = Grunty
White + Green = Klungo
Yellow + Magenta = Mumbo Jumbo
Pink + Green = Brentilda
Green + Brown = Jamjars
Blue + Violet = Snacker
Red + Light Blue = Conker

You know what? You're right! I think the Totaku figure has has the rare logo on the backpack, but you're right about everything else!
It's the same design as the Totaku figurine sans the flap at the top (from what I can tell, at least - the Totaku figurines aren't of the highest qualities).

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Let's compare

IMG_20190601_132918.jpg

IMG_20190601_132921.jpg

Both this and the Totaku figure share the same backpack design. But these designs ARE new...

Could the answer have been in front of us the whole time?

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Believe it or not, that backpack design is almost the EXACT same one as the F4F figure of Banjo AND the Totaku figure, checked it right now and they are pretty much 1:1 with each other (bar a few color changes, such as the straps on the F4F one being black instead of blue).

Mr. Stagg

I'm seeing backpack talk here like this could mean something. Care to fill us in to your theory?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm seeing backpack talk here like this could mean something. Care to fill us in to your theory?
Backpack has been redesigned for all of the new merch. No one has noticed until now. Potentially a new design element for a revival/Smash appearance

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Don't get your hopes up too high, everyone. This is a promotional render for Banjo-Tooie.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
The one thing i want the most is to see Banjo's revised design.
I still remember how......interesting everybody else's render for K Rool and Ridley was until Smash Ultimate came along and actually gave us some absolutely delicious renders
smashified vs official.png

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Backpack has been redesigned for all of the new merch. No one has noticed until now. Potentially a new design element for a revival/Smash appearance
I wouldn't count on it, although it would be nothing short of perfect if B-K looked exactly like their 90's promotional counterparts for Ultimate. There could just as easily be some design rubric Rare sends out to all the companies they give the merchandising license to.

Besides, I figured if Rare had any stake in it, they'd make the design be a hybrid of 360 and 64, like these Rare Replay statues:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
It doesn't mean anything. Banjo's backpack in terms of merch is the exact same as it was in the N64 promotional art.
However, I think it's raising eyebrows because it's yet another merch deal with MS which is dedicated to Banjo. To make matters more interesting, the tweet implies that the controller holder will be announced at E3. Much like MonkeyDLenny said on Discord,

Banjo has gotten a Stubbins plush, a First4Figures statue, a Totaku figure, collector coins, and now a controller stand.
Need I remind that most of the merch Banjo has received has been within the span of one year, which is raising a bunch of eyebrows and is quite suspicious
given how when nu-Rare was very content to only have them as a easter egg for Sea of Thieves. Something may be up.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Orange: Crash
Yellow: Banjo
Blue: Hayabusa (nes design is all blue, if thats too much of a stretch then Kos-Mos)
Purple: Spyro

Last edited:
Remember in the Simon trailer how Luigi’s poltergust had a new design, and then a couple months later they announced a new Luigi’s Mansion game?
HMMMMMMMM...

Mr. Stagg

It doesn't mean anything. Banjo's backpack in terms of merch is the exact same as it was in the N64 promotional art.
However, I think it's raising eyebrows because it's yet another merch deal with MS which is dedicated to Banjo. To make matters more interesting, the tweet implies that the controller holder will be announced at E3. Much like MonkeyDLenny said on Discord,

Need I remind that most of the merch Banjo has received has been within the span of one year, which is raising a bunch of eyebrows and is quite suspicious
given how when nu-Rare was very content to only have them as a easter egg for Sea of Thieves. Something may be up.
2 takeaways from this is that Merch is STILL being made at an accelerated rate, and this would very likely be revealed at E3.

The wording still seems odd too. "We cant wait to bring back Banjo!" Its a stretch, but it really sounds like stuff has already been done to bring Banjo back and that they are waiting for E3.

This makes me think about the flying pigs remark Grant made. "I think a pig just flew by my window." The saying is that you state X and someone would retort "Yah, when Pigs fly." Grant could've used this analogy to imply that Banjo-Threeie IS happening because that implied pigs ARE flying. Then again Grant's a bit of a trolling git so it's most likely nothing and that he worded it wrong.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Good news! MORE Banjo merch!

View attachment 225454

These guys make controller holders! Here is one they made for Crash!

This 3D model is so crisp looking, like on the level of the First4Figures design. If there are preorders I’ll be there yesterday.
So it seems these Cable Guys launch to coincide with something to do with the franchise(Crash with Trilogy, Sonic with Mania, Spyro with Reignited, Iron Man with Endgame, etc.) so this could be big.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It does seem odd that Banjo-Kazooie have been getting lots of new merchandise recently despite their most recent game being from 2008.

It goes to show you that they're still popular and that people are obviously buying the products if they keep making more.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, here's a distracti-........, topic of discussion:

Filling out the current DLC amount using the background colors given to the characters on the Smash website and amiibo boxes.

So, six DLC, six rainbow colors. You make up the rest of the DLC but give them one color each, and the colors have to represent the character and make sense (like Sonic could really only have a blue background, Wii Fit Trainer would be blue instead of green as she has a blue outfit, etc).

Also, Red and Green are taken by Joker and Plant, so those colors can't be reused.

Orange:
Yellow:
Blue:
Purple:
Orange: Crash Bandicoot
Yellow: Rayman
Green: Piranha Plant
Blue: Would Banjo-Kazooie count here (because of the blue backpack)?
Purple: Spyro

Top Bottom