• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Man this thread took a turn huh? Considering it's still April 1st, I Reggie decree that our favorite bear and bird are brought to smash.

That's right, Fozzy Bear and Big Bird are coming soon.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Man this thread took a turn huh? Considering it's still April 1st, I Reggie decree that our favorite bear and bird are brought to smash.

Fozzie is gonna Wocka Wocka us!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Oh you weren't talking about Freddy Fazbear and Chica?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Whoa....I felt funny for a while there. Though I strangely felt ready for something.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Mr Stark...

I don't feel so ready

That was weird, I didn't feel like myself. I had this overwhelming desire to play Animal Crossing New Leaf on my nintendo 3ds, as well as this odd contempt for Mother 3. Strange times

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been discussed. But how big would you want Banjo to be? Heightwise, believe it or not I'd like him to be fairly big. His appearance in Diddy Kong Racing made him the second tallest character in the cast next to Krunch. I wouldn't mind if he was about Peach's height.

Another odd question. We've seen K. Rool run on all fours in this game. How would you guts react if Banjo did the same.

I'm asking this because I had a dream (haha) the other night that Banjo was revealed and he was a lot bigger than I thought and he ran on all fours like a bear.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't know if this has been discussed. But how big would you want Banjo to be? Heightwise, believe it or not I'd like him to be fairly big. His appearance in Diddy Kong Racing made him the second tallest character in the cast next to Krunch. I wouldn't mind if he was about Peach's height.

Another odd question. We've seen K. Rool run on all fours in this game. How would you guts react if Banjo did the same.

I'm asking this because I had a dream (haha) the other night that Banjo was revealed and he was a lot bigger than I thought and he ran on all fours like a bear.
Seeing Banjo on all fours would be really strange. It works well for K. Rool because not only does it mirror Donkey Kong's movement but also because it helps emphasize his crazy manic personality.

Look at that crazy mofo go.

Anyways, it'd be a missed opportunity if Banjo's dash animation wasn't just Talon Trot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Right, I don't care what he misses, that's not points against a leaker (unless it contradicts other claims), I care if he actually gets something wrong. He never claimed he knew and would relay every character. Gematsu didn't get Rosalina or DHD or Bowser Jr or the clones, but it was still correct (if outdated - and wrong on occasion when it came to timeframes).

He gets stuff wrong all the time when it comes to outside Smash (and I don't really listen to that stuff at this point) but when it comes to Smash, he's been mostly correct, and if not, the deviations have been minor. So I'm still gonna keep what he says in mind.

That's true, his well of valid info might've dried up, but fwiw I've found that claims about timing, while wrong much more often than claims about content, don't always invalidate the content itself. I attribute that to scheduling being much more fluid than actual content in the game.

So if someone gets the timing wrong but still gets the content right... I'm not going to outright dismiss them.

I think people reasoned that a stage made the most sense, especially for DLC, but it's hard to form a consensus when his messaging is mixed. :/
I never really followed Vergeben much in regard to what he said specifically, but the one thing that always stood out to me about his supposed leaks is how blatantly wrong he was about the DBFZ roster, most notably (now BOTH seasons of) DLC.

He promised people that Android 21 wouldn’t be playable (she is), and that Zarbon and Radditz would be on the base roster (they weren’t), then he said they’d be DLC (also no), and then he said DLC S2 would consist of Radditz, Zarbon, Cappa, Kale+Cauliffla, Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Toppo, and Videl (note it’s 8 characters), when we NOW know the S2 DLC is: Videl, Jiren, SSBlue Gogeta, Broly from the new movie, Kid Goku from GT, and a still intevealed character many people are speculating is Janemba.

Now, aside from how spectacularly he botched his predictions for DLC, it should be noted, he got a couple off the wall picks right, most notably Videl. Bear in mind that BAMCO is handling both Smash, and DBFZ, and the fact that Vergeben also had supposed insider info on Soul Calibur and Tekken 7 (also BAMCO) abd it shouldn’t be hard to figure out where he’s supposedly getting his info from.

Whatever the case might be, Vergeben has a track record of getting stuff wrong, just as often as he gets it right, and we shouldn’t make a disparity for Smash, just cause it’s Smash, if it’a a Bamco leak, it’s a Bamco leak, and should be looked at as such.

In my opinion, I’d say take whatever Vergeben says with a massive grain of salt, regardless of where he might get his other leaks from, the only ones that seem to hold up somewhat are the ones coming from Bamco, but he has a nasty habit of jumping on info or speculation, and mixing it in with his leaks in order to remain relevant, which to me, makes him not credible, as you don’t ever really know what he’s right about until after the fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Seeing Banjo on all fours would be really strange. It works well for K. Rool because not only does it mirror Donkey Kong's movement but also because it helps emphasize his crazy manic personality.

Look at that crazy mofo go.

Anyways, it'd be a missed opportunity if Banjo's dash animation wasn't just Talon Trot.

Most definitely the Talon Trot should be their dash. Actually, for a while, I had considered a mechanic where you input the Talon Trot like you do in their original games (shield button + hold a), mainly to give them a speed balance since without Kazooie, Banjo would be really slow but allow him to be ready for any offensive or defensive needs since you'd have to release the Talon Trot and return to normal stance before you could attack any further, but for it to be their dash animation makes so much more sense and is much simpler in the grand scheme of things.

As for your question about their height, honestly I think being closer to Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man's sizes seems right to me.

d7m8si4-a5262ab2-0b3d-488e-a3b4-9448ab7089bf.jpg

True, Banjo was one of the bigger characters in Diddy Kong Racing, but in his own games, he's pretty miniscule compared to other characters in the game. Most monsters and side characters are much bigger/taller than him in those games. Like most Smash characters, especially the likes of Olimar and 'TOO BIG' Ridley, size is subjective. Personally, I think being comparable in size to the other cartoony platformer/gaming mascots is the way to go with them. And side note, wouldn't they just fit in SO WELL with these guys?! Not just in terms of cartoony style, but they have pretty matching color schemes too! Red, yellow, and blue, even brown to help them stand out more! ^^

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.vooks.net/exclusive-rar...rare-replay-64-collection-with-goldeneye-007/

>Vooks had this as an April Fools
Now that one is just mean...

I never really followed Vergeben much in regard to what he said specifically, but the one thing that always stood out to me about his supposed leaks is how blatantly wrong he was about the DBFZ roster, most notably (now BOTH seasons of) DLC.

He promised people that Android 21 wouldn’t be playable (she is), and that Zarbon and Radditz would be on the base roster (they weren’t), then he said they’d be DLC (also no), and then he said DLC S2 would consist of Radditz, Zarbon, Cappa, Kale+Cauliffla, Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Toppo, and Videl (note it’s 8 characters), when we NOW know the S2 DLC is: Videl, Jiren, SSBlue Gogeta, Broly from the new movie, Kid Goku from GT, and a still intevealed character many people are speculating is Janemba.

Now, aside from how spectacularly he botched his predictions for DLC, it should be noted, he got a couple off the wall picks right, most notably Videl. Bear in mind that BAMCO is handling both Smash, and DBFZ, and the fact that Vergeben also had supposed insider info on Soul Calibur and Tekken 7 (also BAMCO) abd it shouldn’t be hard to figure out where he’s supposedly getting his info from.

Whatever the case might be, Vergeben has a track record of getting stuff wrong, just as often as he gets it right, and we shouldn’t make a disparity for Smash, just cause it’s Smash, if it’a a Bamco leak, it’s a Bamco leak, and should be looked at as such.

In my opinion, I’d say take whatever Vergeben says with a massive grain of salt, regardless of where he might get his other leaks from, the only ones that seem to hold up somewhat are the ones coming from Bamco, but he has a nasty habit of jumping on info or speculation, and mixing it in with his leaks in order to remain relevant, which to me, makes him not credible, as you don’t ever really know what he’s right about until after the fact.
Yes. Even with this game, his sources had gotten some things right, but details wrong (e.g. Isabelle is in, but isn't entirely an Echo like he reported).

The only characters he got right for the base have been Simon, Ken and Incineroar, and in the case of the latter it just so happened that things happened that wound up proving his info as true (the person who leaked a screenshot with Ken, the Ultimate box bundle and the flyer with two slots).

Bottom line is, if a leak is not a visual that's 100% accurate, take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I disagree. Isabelle is an echo in all but name.
Isabelle has different stats, two functionally different specials and different smash attacks, complete with her own model (she's not built on Villager unlike :ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultken::ultrichter::ultdarksamus:). Calling her an "echo in all but name" is stretching it too far.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If anything, calling Ken an echo is unfair to him. He's got so many unique moves and such, he's really a clone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes. Even with this game, his sources had gotten some things right, but details wrong (e.g. Isabelle is in, but isn't entirely an Echo like he reported).
Which isn't what he reported either. His source said that they weren't sure if she was an Echo or not, but is definitely playable. People seem to get this tidbit wrong very often.

Considering it's easy to mistake her for one if you only see a select few moves, it makes sense why some would be unsure. The bodyshapes are too different for the Echo status as is, but they aren't severely off either(hence why the semi-clone thing worked in the first place). And people didn't know the rules on Echos very well as is. They don't have to have the exact same moves, but they do need to have the same bodyshape without a doubt. That seems to be literally the only consistent rule here.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Patch Notes:
-Jack renamed to Blockhead
-Brave renamed to BoomerBear
-Made Olimar actual size to his games
-Nerfed Greninja

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Which isn't what he reported either. His source said that they weren't sure if she was an Echo or not, but is definitely playable. People seem to get this tidbit wrong very often.

Considering it's easy to mistake her for one if you only see a select few moves, it makes sense why some would be unsure. The bodyshapes are too different for the Echo status as is, but they aren't severely off either(hence why the semi-clone thing worked in the first place). And people didn't know the rules on Echos very well as is. They don't have to have the exact same moves, but they do need to have the same bodyshape without a doubt. That seems to be literally the only consistent rule here.
Okay, the next time we get a DLC character revealed, I would love it if you post a full report on everything that Vergeben said, so that there's no longer any misinformation, please. If you don't mind, that is.

I already have to fall back on PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON whenever anyone gets the ID slot info wrong.

Also:

Added fifty new bugs
Fixed 49 of the above bugs
Oh, so that's what Square-Enix and AlphaDream have been doing on their spare time. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, the next time we get a DLC character revealed, I would love it if you post a full report on everything that Vergeben said, so that there's no longer any misinformation, please. If you don't mind, that is.

I already have to fall back on PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON whenever anyone gets the ID slot info wrong.
I only remember some details on it. Isabelle is one of those. I do remember some of what he said for the Feb direct as well(and why his credibility took a hit for a good reason. Albeit, at least one thing isn't entirely his fault, as Star Fox Grand Prix is reported as leakbait by PolarPanda, but anything else is him believing a bad source. Though the issue is more he went all in, instead of treating them as pure rumors and to take 'em with a grain of salt. He lately seems to not have a good grasp of when to make sure it stays skeptical or not).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I only remember some details on it. Isabelle is one of those. I do remember some of what he said for the Feb direct as well(and why his credibility took a hit for a good reason. Albeit, at least one thing isn't entirely his fault, as Star Fox Grand Prix is reported as leakbait by PolarPanda, but anything else is him believing a bad source. Though the issue is more he went all in, instead of treating them as pure rumors and to take 'em with a grain of salt. He lately seems to not have a good grasp of when to make sure it stays skeptical or not).
That sounds right. Guy has only barely more restraint than LaxChris.

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking a bit taller than ness and a bit shorter than mario. because I really hope banjo is brave

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Honestly I've always pictured Banjo to be somewhere around say... Luigi's height.

The games always depict the duo as smaller than most of the characters, but I can't really see them being shorter than Mario who's already noteable for being a shorty. Luigi seems to be the perfect sweetspot to me, with maybe Kazooie sticking out bumping them to Peach height

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so that's what Square-Enix and AlphaDream have been doing on their spare time. :4pacman:
*snorts and adjusts glasses* ACTually, Alphadream has been working with Switch hardware since Bowser's Inside Story DX launched.
But in all seriousness, they have been doing just that, so the next M&L game is Switch-bound! ^_^

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And people didn't know the rules on Echos very well as is. They don't have to have the exact same moves, but they do need to have the same bodyshape without a doubt. That seems to be literally the only consistent rule here.
While Ken can walk/run faster than Ryu, a bunch of other attributes like weight, jump height, air speed etc. are still the same between the two.
I wonder if they will find anything juicy in the files after the update.
fighter_kind_saiyan

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
fighter_kind_saiyan
Honestly I wouldn't entirely rule out ol' Goku. I'm certainly not holding my breath nor is he in my range of picks, but despite Sakurai saying "No Anime Characters" I think Goku would be the one exception since he's literally the most recognizable anime character of all time.

Bamco publishes all of the DBZ games, the earliest DB games were all on Nintendo systems, and Goku is the ambassador of the 2020 Olympics, it'd be the ultimate promo pick. Plus, Goku has a history of showing up late to the fight...

Granted this logic train is a stretch and a half... but if circumstances aligned to get the Saiyan into the ring, that's how I'd see it shaping up anyway

Now, back to Banjo and my 20,000 word essay on why Nuts and Bolts is underrated, I--

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly I wouldn't entirely rule out ol' Goku. I'm certainly not holding my breath nor is he in my range of picks, but despite Sakurai saying "No Anime Characters" I think Goku would be the one exception since he's literally the most recognizable anime character of all time.
That doesn't matter. At the end of the day, Goku is still a manga/anime character; Smash Bros. is a series for VIDEO GAME characters. Adding Goku in at any point would basically be a big "jumping the shark" moment.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That doesn't matter. At the end of the day, Goku is still a manga/anime character; Smash Bros. is a series for VIDEO GAME characters. Adding Goku in at any point would basically be a big "jumping the shark" moment.
And Electrichu would never let us hear the end of it.

Besides, people think Rayman is out of the question because he's in a different fighting game right now, yet Goku isn't despite being in two of them? That's an odd double-standard.

If anything, if they wanted a manga/anime character, it would screw over the people that asked for Doraemon back in the Melee days. That is their Banjo.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The whole Video Game characters thing died the second Sakurai even considered adding James Bond.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The whole Video Game characters thing died the second Sakurai even considered adding James Bond.
That was like for a split second. Movie actors are even more right out than manga/anime characters (don't even get started with Tom Cruise). Plus Sakurai's anti-gun laws were still strict back then.

The only reason why video game characters only is a solid rule is because third parties are the easiest to negotiate for. Everything else is a web of red tape that's the equivalent of asking for the A-38 pass in Asterix.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what’s holding on to my hope for banjo? Rares scilence where they’re not talking about banjo being dlc while the former workers have no idea what’s happening

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You know what’s holding on to my hope for banjo? Rares scilence where they’re not talking about banjo being dlc while the former workers have no idea what’s happening
That IS a good sign... but on the other hand, getting Rare to talk about Banjo period is like yanking teeth

Top Bottom