• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
My biggest worry are the Rabbids. Rayman missed out on one biggest crossovers with Mario, something that could have done wonders for Rayman and really helped the IP, and Ubisoft butchered it. It's why Mario + Rabbids will forever be the bane of my existence. All the love and care put into it from the developers only for it to all be sullied by those damn Rabbids. It could be my favorite game of all time, but I will never know it due to my love and loyalty to Rayman.

I hate to sound entitled. It's one of my biggest pet peeves from gamers, but as a Rayman fan, Mario + Rabbids feels like one of the biggest "**** you"s to someone who once dreamed of a crossover with the Limbless hero and plumber. Even if they do make a Mario/Rayman crossover, I fear the novelty is already gone and the poor sales of it will put the final nail on Rayman's coffin. It's this self-entitlement I have here that makes me hate myself even more than I do now.

If Rayman does manage to make it into Smash Bros. playable then I would be more inclined to play M+R because I would finally know Ubisoft truly gives a damn about him to make him part of a celebration of gaming history that is Smash Bros.

End of rant.

Edit: Wait this is the Banjo thread!!

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Sorry guys, but thats all the time I've got left, I've got to get back to playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We have an announcement that I know many fans are going to be excited for.

We are happy to announce that Banjo & Kazooie will be in Animal Crossing Switch as villagers that can move into your town.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

This Youtuber had a really interesting idea for Banjo & Kazooie having a 'collectathon' gimmick where when you play as them, selections of eggs and feathers randomly appear on the stage one at a time, and help replenish your recovery and projectile moves! Might be a bit much for them, but an interesting idea nonetheless, and once again, it's great to see Banjo & Kazooie being considered feasible and included among the top third-party choices for Smash in discussions for the series.

D

Deleted member

Has this been brought up yet?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know if that disconfirms Steve (really I wish Jeb or Agnes would say something so I'd know for sure if he's not actually in) but I'm thinking Banjo-Kazooie is more-likely anyway.

It is funny how Rare is the only major company under Microsoft where absolutely no one has said anything about their character and Smash during Ultimate speculation.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It wouldn't make sense for the Banjo item to be smash related. That would mean they planned on him being announced before the item was sent out. But if that were the case we would have already had more Joker information by now and Banjo announced.

IF it was the case the Banjo item was supposed to be smash related. This means that plans were changed super last minute to the point the item had to be removed right before shipping. Why that might be I don't know. All I can really assume is that they didn't plan on Joker taking this long to be announced/released due to some unexpected difficulties they had to push off Joker's release/information to a later date pushing back every other reveal.

Last edited:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Been posted before, but worth reposting

This is pretty grey in terms of confirmation, like they would want it to be. "were ever to happen" implies knowledge that it's not happening but "wouldn't be for us to announce" implies that they just generally have no information. It is especially grey when you compare it to their response over a potential new game, which is and has been a resounding "no"

D

Deleted member

This is pretty grey in terms of confirmation, like they would want it to be. "were ever to happen" implies knowledge that it's not happening but "wouldn't be for us to announce" implies that they just generally have no information. It is especially grey when you compare it to their response over a potential new game, which is and has been a resounding "no"

I..I..I don’t know how to....

I’m sorry banjo bros but...goodbye:(

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think it's been talked about that more then likely that Rare Replay and Banjo's appearance in Smash will be used to gauge fan reactions to see if it's worth bringing him back for a third game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Remember. Just because there is no 3rd game CURRENTLY PLANNED. Means nothing towards Banjo's chances in Smash.. Rare Replay might be considered Banjp's tie in game for his appearance. There is no need to freak out right now.

D

Deleted member

Remember. Just because there is no 3rd game CURRENTLY PLANNED. Means nothing towards Banjo's chances in Smash.. Rare Replay might be considered Banjp's tie in game for his appearance. There is no need to freak out right now.
But the first picture

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

It's not really a disconfirmation, they could've been contacted later. That was during June of last year.

Or, it's the truth, and the Microsoft higher-ups would be the only ones who know regarding Smash for some reason.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But the first picture
June is way before the final DLC list was decided on. And all Rare is saying here is IF it were to happen the announcement wouldn't come from them. Meaning Microsoft/Nintendo would be the ones making the announcement.

D

Deleted member

June is way before the final DLC list was decided on. And all Rare is saying here is IF it were to happen the announcement wouldn't come from them. Meaning Microsoft/Nintendo would be the ones making the announcement.
That tweet just scared me there like I was about to quit

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, consider the following: who announced Cuphead on Switch, Microsoft, Studio MDHR, and/or Nintendo? Given that it happened on Nindies, the answer is obvious.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

So on the Banjo wiki, it states a Clockwork Kazooie egg under Weldar can crash the game. Being me, I tested the results this past Sunday and made a video of it, thinking it was false information. I can confirm that it happens on the Xbox version. But I wonder if it happened on the original game?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Why get upset over this? its nothing to be scared of, the date is last year in June

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Remember what day it is today. As if I'd give up on the duo.
1546750696046.jpg

D

Deleted member

For some reason everytime i come to this thread in the night, the Thread is filled with Users and Guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Why are we freaking out over a tweet from June?
It's just that we are desperate for news.

or maybe this is part of an April Fools prank that im not aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I am pleased to announce my good friend, Phil Spencer, over at Microsoft, will be joining the fray as our honorary XBOX rep in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. We've been working together closely in order to make this dream a reality and we hope you, the player, will be satisfied with the end result.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

That tweet from Gregg is over 1 year old and nothing about Smash is mentioned there. Lol those are not deconfirmations.

andree123

Smash Ace

That is before the Fighters Pass has been finalized.
Don't cry, our Banjo boy may be in.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I remember back when this thread was a ghost town and that tweet was posted way back in June

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I remember back when this thread was a ghost town and that tweet was posted way back in June
It's like the Shantae thread in a way, both threads a ghost town until an event happened

In Shantae's case, the Shovel Knight assist trophy

Banjo, just in general, the Grinch and rumors of "Minecraft content" helping matters.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Usually I'm the resident party pooper, and even I have to say the fact that that Tweet is from LAST YEAR does not hurt our chances, that was way before DLC talks were had

Top Bottom