• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
This gif...

It's a reference to something...

Something popular, influential and spawning a lot of memes...

But I can't put my finger on it...

Oh that's right!

It's boku no pico:dazwa:
You sicken me.

1553815149824m.jpg

Please continue.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think they are quitting not because they think they may be wrong. But more the smash community can be a harsh bunch. Think about it. It's basically been a war in the smash community with those two in the middle. I'm sure it gets tiring. Sure they could have never said anything because the cast majority of people don't like leaks. So you can say they brought it among themselves. But still I could imagine it being really tiring being a common name like that in the smash community where your name and reputation can be completely destroyed in a matter of seconds

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think they are quitting not because they think they may be wrong. But more the smash community can be a harsh bunch. Think about it. It's basically been a war in the smash community with those two in the middle. I'm sure it gets tiring. Sure they could have never said anything because the cast majority of people don't like leaks. So you can say they brought it among themselves. But still I could imagine it being really tiring being a common name like that in the smash community where your name and reputation can be completely destroyed in a matter of seconds
Seems like they simply weren't aware of how fickle the community is. At this point they'd be better off leaking for average games like Jump Force.

Also, even going to Gamefaqs, that right there is like Vietnam War.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Maybe new bosses would coincide with adding boss rush mode.
I’ve been pining for a boss rush mode in Smash for ages now. Not just of bosses we’ve see in this and previous games. A history of the greatest boss fights in Nintendo history! Imagine having recreated classic boss fights against the likes of Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Galleom, Duon, Tabuu, Master Core, Galeem, Dharkon, Bowser, Donkey Kong, King/Kaptain/Baron/K. Rool/enstein, Ganon, Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, Kamek, Baby Bowser, Meta Knight, Miracle Matter, Zero, King Dedede, Nightmare, Marx, Andross, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Porky, the Black Knight, Eggplant Wizard, Medusa, Rudy the Clown, Revolver Ocelot, Doctor Robotnik/Eggman, Emperor Bulbax, Dr. Wily, King Hippo, Mr. Sandman, Klaus, M. Bison, Akuma, Sephiroth, DJ Octavio, Dracula, and even Gruntilda (should Banjo & Kazooie get in, of course)! A pipe dream, of course, but it’d be really cool if it became a reality some day...

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Maybe not all of those bosses, but I think a few more like Dr Robotnik, Gruntilda, and Team Rocket plus a Bose rush mode would do wonders

PS - Team Rocket would fight like Pokemon Trainer where the boss is three characters you have to fight and KO each one getting bigger and tougher than the last

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Maybe not all of those bosses, but I think a few more like Dr Robotnik, Gruntilda, and Team Rocket plus a Bose rush mode would do wonders

PS - Team Rocket would fight like Pokemon Trainer where the boss is three characters you have to fight and KO each one getting bigger and tougher than the last
Out of those I mentioned, would love to see Pig Ganon from A Link to the Past, Nightmare from Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, Dr. Robotnik (especially his final battle from Sonic 3), Dr. Wily, M. Bison, and especially Gruntilda as bosses, mainly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Out of those I mentioned, would love to see Pig Ganon from A Link to the Past, Nightmare from Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, Dr. Robotnik (especially his final battle from Sonic 3), Dr. Wily, M. Bison, and especially Gruntilda as bosses, mainly.
Pig Ganon(ALTTP) I would like to see playable. I think OOT Ganon actually fits the boss mold far better. He's simplistic, but strong. And has a good weakspot for balance. He doesn't feel way too OP or anything. Just the right challenge. King Hippo I'd love for a second Punch Out!! character. I blame Captain N, heh. How would Eggplant Wizard works as a boss, though? He only has one known ability, turning someone into a Eggplant with legs.

D

Deleted member

Verge destroyed, Hitagi annihilated, and soon with Xenother?

View attachment 203171

Seems like any leaker that gets even close to Steve eventually "bites the dust". :bobomb:
I wasent talking about verge he still isn’t out yet (for now) he didn’t even say “Steve’s in banjo isn’t lol” I’m just referring to the ones that said Steve is in and banjo is leakbait that I think are done

And hey this whole Minecraft content could be in the same situation like star fox Grand Prix was. Anything can happen. But for now let us Rest Peacfuly now that we don’t have to worry about the leakers saying banjo isn’t happening anymore.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Pig Ganon(ALTTP) I would like to see playable. I think OOT Ganon actually fits the boss mold far better. He's simplistic, but strong. And has a good weakspot for balance. He doesn't feel way too OP or anything. Just the right challenge. King Hippo I'd love for a second Punch Out!! character. I blame Captain N, heh. How would Eggplant Wizard works as a boss, though? He only has one known ability, turning someone into a Eggplant with legs.
King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard I'd actually love as assist trophies (I too blame Captain N, got super excited when Simon Belmont reunited with Mega Man and Pit lol), but I'm sure they could come up with some weird crap for Eggplant Wizard to do if he was a boss. I like OOT Ganon, but Pig Ganon would be interesting to see as a boss too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Be careful tomorrow, it’s April Fools Day.

That means be 100% skeptical of all announcements.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard I'd actually love as assist trophies (I too blame Captain N, got super excited when Simon Belmont reunited with Mega Man and Pit lol), but I'm sure they could come up with some weird crap for Eggplant Wizard to do if he was a boss. I like OOT Ganon, but Pig Ganon would be interesting to see as a boss too.
Ah, that's fair. I like how we have very different versions of Pig Ganon alone. At least 3 unique variants. Well, there's Puppet Ganon too. His TP version is kind of similar to BOTW, actually. OOT and ALTTP are mainly both different sizes, different designs, and also have way different weapons. It's kind of like how Adult Link, Young Link, and Toon Link have vast potential differences. I mean, yes, they're all 3 different in Smash to some degree, but are overall clones of sorts. Albeit, it's probably more comparable to Zelda and Sheik. And that's not counting how all 3 Ganondorfs are super different in abilities. Hell, only one version of Ganondorf ever used Dead Man's Volley too. WW's version is a Gerudo swordsman who is super fast and furious, way more difficult than the Gerudo fights in OOT by far. TP's version is far more massively strong, being a very slow swordsman but still using things like kicks here and there. And a choke hold(WW version has a choke hold too). Then there's the OOT variant, who is a wizard with a huge amount of muscle and the power to back it up, literally. Though he feels more like an energy-throwing monk at times, akin to Johnny Cage, if you will. I really wish WW Dorf was playable at some point. He looks really interesting and doesn't have a similar shape to TP or OOT Ganondorfs. He's far older and more like a hunchback. Plus, we don't often have super fast/agile large characters, so... (Ridley has a few moves that feels like that, same with Charizard).

And yeah, main reason I wanted Simon playable was due to Captain N. I'd also like Eggplant Wizard as an AT, and I could go either way on King Hippo. They'd all make neat Mii costumes too. A simple swordsman and brawler costumes work in that order. I'd also love Captain N as a gunner costume. Though the fact it'd be his first game appearance makes it easy to see why that is severely unlikely. Even cameos from anime-specific characters tend to have had game appearances in some way otherwise. Or cartoon-specific. Though they're mostly cameos(bar Misty's trophy, but that doesn't mean much when it was just an easier to port design at that point).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, if Vergeben is lying and his source actually did confuse the Cubivore pig for a Minecraft spirit, then his source must be living under a rock. They did switch to saying there would be an Ender Dragon boss, however, but I guess that's fake unless B-K comes with it instead of Grunty for some reason.

I'm thinking Steve may have been leakbait or just a lie, though, which is a shame but as long as we get B-K it's cool. maybe next game my blocky son.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

I wasent talking about verge he still isn’t out yet (for now) he didn’t even say “Steve’s in banjo isn’t lol” I’m just referring to the ones that said Steve is in and banjo is leakbait that I think are done

And hey this whole Minecraft content could be in the same situation like star fox Grand Prix was. Anything can happen. But for now let us Rest Peacfuly now that we don’t have to worry about the leakers saying banjo isn’t happening anymore.
That is one reason why I get so peeved at how the Steve speculation exploded and essentially started this war between the Banjo-faithful and the Ugly Steve spammers. Verge's Minecraft comments were not even close to a full endorcement of Steve as a fighter. There were scatterbrained and supremely uncommitted to one cohesive claim. To use Verge as a full confirm of Steve is just dumb, yet I see a ton of Steve fans claim that he's in for that reason alone. My point here is that Verge tainted the waters with his claims, and him getting none of the DLC right puts things into perspective. Plus it gets some giggles out of me.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I personally can't see Pig Ganon as playable. He's perfect as a boss and Final Smash. And we can still technically play as him anyway, Ganondorf IS Ganon. They're the same entity.

Also while I'm fine with K Rool and Ridley being the same size DK and Samus. Ganon the same size Ganondorf just feels wrong on so many levels

On the topic of Banjo though, how often do you Guh - Huh will be used

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's be real, if Vergeben came out and said Banjo was in so many of you would be on his **** right now, track record be damned.

D

Deleted member

Be careful tomorrow, it’s April Fools Day.

That means be 100% skeptical of all announcements.
Ok I’ll be carful mr hacker. (*if you know what I mean);)
*Your profile pic

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok hacker if you know what I mean;)
That’s THE HACKER to you!

I am gonna get that BEAR AND BIRD IN SMASH BROTHERS!!

quick note, this is just my April fools persona. Regular me will return April 2nd at 3:00 pm est. Reason being that during the actual day everyone is getting a new avatar and can’t remove it.

D

Deleted member

quick note, this is just my April fools persona. Regular me will return April 2nd at 3:00 pm est. Reason being that during the actual day everyone is getting a new avatar and can’t remove it.
Now this I like lol

My April fools persona is me maining jigglypuff and little Mac don’t tell the social thread this

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Let's be real, if Vergeben came out and said Banjo was in so many of you would be on his **** right now, track record be damned.
Not really? I would see it more of him trying to save face. I still don't forgot how often he acts like an ass to people. And I still remember how often he is wrong.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice

But...my jester lego guy...

Mr. Stagg

Alright, I'll be real. No, I will still not believe him. Pretty bold, and kind of rude assumption to make there that most of us are still as gullible, even after the Grinch fiasco. If anything, him claiming Banjo is in would just look like a soulless effort to win back supporters when he's done so much against the Banjo cause by riling up the Steve trolls.

Despite my reaction to Polar-panda's rumors I still withhold my trust of these leakers.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if Vergeben is lying and his source actually did confuse the Cubivore pig for a Minecraft spirit, then his source must be living under a rock. They did switch to saying there would be an Ender Dragon boss, however, but I guess that's fake unless B-K comes with it instead of Grunty for some reason.

I'm thinking Steve may have been leakbait or just a lie, though, which is a shame but as long as we get B-K it's cool. maybe next game my blocky son.
If there is a Minecraft boss (ender dragon)then it would likely be for banjos classic mode.

And hey duck hunt did have rathalos as its classic mode boss

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really? I would see it more of him trying to save face. I still don't forgot how often he acts like an *** to people. And I still remember how often he is wrong.
Alright, I'll be real. No, I will still not believe him. Pretty bold, and kind of rude assumption to make there that most of us are still as gullible, even after the Grinch fiasco. If anything, him claiming Banjo is in would just look like a soulless effort to win back supporters when he's done so much against the Banjo cause by riling up the Steve trolls.

Despite my reaction to Polar-panda's rumors I still withhold my trust of these leakers.
I 100% stand by it. A few people not buying in won't change the tide.

People outside this thread will start running with it, videos will begin covering it (it's Vergeben), Banjo will become the focal point for a while, and despite all that, yeah, this thread, where all the most dedicated, hopeful fans reside, will remain a beacon of skeptical prudence. This thread will rise above favourable mob mentality, despite a handful of people in this thread already agreeing that Vergeben is not as disreputable Smash-wise as some are painting him.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
April fools day personas huh? Alright, since I'm a Ridley main, I'll pretend like I'm still one of those stubborn detractors that STILL believes ridley's too big and curse the day sakurai was peer pressured by those whiny fanboys
000.png

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't give a damn who you are or how good your track record is, Going "All in" in any rumor is downright foolish, reckless, stupid and a set up for severe disappointment.

That's how many fans ended up with the aftermath from the "Grinch Leak" fiasco.

Mr. Stagg

Well I was going to go with a rhyming Grunty motif for this day but I'll take this one better!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm actually the one who started that whole "Vergeben's source confused the Cubivore Pig with Minecraft" thing, I didn't expect it to take off like that, and it's such a weird feeling every time I see it get brought up

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually the one who started that whole "Vergeben's source confused the Cubivore Pig with Minecraft" thing, I didn't expect it to take off like that, and it's such a weird feeling every time I see it get brought up
In the game, the spirit is just “Pig” and not “Cubivore Pig” or something. If there were any confusion, I feel it would have been with the names.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Thank you, Reggie. Now on to our next Announcement. Reggie?
Due to a total of 13 people saying so, we have decided to patch Ridley out of the game due to being too big. By popular request, he will be replaced by none other, than Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Back to you Reggie

Top Bottom