• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Steve and Master Chief have tons of things to work with though. There are arguments against both, but "they don't bring much to the table" isn't really one of them.

----------
So, what do you guys think Banjo's stage entrance should be? I was thinking if they wanted to do a funny callback, they could have them skydive onto the stage as a reference to the Tooie commercial (except this time Kazooie would flap her wings to break Banjo's fall).
Appearing out of a level entrance/exit pad, as seen in the first game.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Appearing out of a level entrance/exit pad, as seen in the first game.

That was honestly my thought on their on-screen appearance for the longest time, although Opossum, Cap'n Jack, and ChunkySlugger make a really good argument for their on-screen appearance being them plummeting to the ground and shaking it off with a 'GUH-HUH' and 'BREE'. Both would be very fitting and work for their personalities, history, and characters. Another good one I've heard is them appearing through a Jiggy portrait that assembles and de-assembles. Once again, as stated a million times before, there are literally TONS of sources of Smash material in their games just begging to be used and any choice is probably fitting.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I’m way behind on Berserk XD, I started reading like a month ago and I got up to The Eclipse before I decided to make like Miura and take a hiatus, I’ll prob start back up soon.

Anyways, good ta meet ya brother ^_^
You'll love it. Berserk is amazing. Great characters, gripping story, beautiful artwork. Much like how banjo kazooie hasn't had a game for a while, it's a shame it doesn't have a good modern anime adaptation. Save for that awful 2016/2017 one. I'd say it's the nuts and bolts of the franchise, but even that nuts and bolts doesn't deserve that.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm in favour of the Level Entrance Pad as Banjo and Kazooie's On-Screen appearance. Also I just noticed I wasn't on the supporter's list. Ah well, better late than never.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Damn this drought is unbearable huh? Now you guys know how us Berserk fans feel when it goes on hiatus.
Is this drought really that bad though? Like we got the game in December, and it's only just now April. I feel like a lot of the support threads don't properly consider just how big of a moment that is and will say stuff with regards to the lack of information like we didn't just get an absolutely massive game released that was the culmination of an entire hype cycle. Sure, I know lots of hold out hope that DLC will be the savior for our favorite characters, but there is a lot more on the table than some people want to admit.

We've also had the constant Spirit events (even if they're trash, it's small stuff that brings something new to the game). We've straight up had our first DLC character dropped at the end of January, a much sooner release than we got with Mewtwo in a similar situation for Smash 4. He also came with an update that added multiplayer to Spirit battles, which was a bigger non-character content update than we got in the entirety of post-release Smash 4 content.

3.0 seems to be positioned to be a notable update not just in terms of Joker's release too. All the signs point to the addition of free modes, which is in of itself a pretty huge deal and of as much value as any character we're going to get. Even if Joker releases at the end of April, that will be a shorter turnover time for DLC than Mewtwo again... And this time Joker's an actual newcomer rather than a returning veteran!

I'm not specifically criticizing you as much as I am the whole sentiment of this period being a little dry. It should be dry after the game's release given the size, and really, I don't think things are all that bad. Also, why rush them into another announcement when DLC 2 could be ages off?

AM I the only one that really does not want Master Chief or Hyabusa or Steve in Smash? They are just not interesting as Smash fighters. They don't have much to bring to the table(even though a good amount of characters already do this.) MC will bring nothing new to the game, he'll be another Snake. Steve works better as a Link echo than a fighter.

But alas, I refuse to believe Smash would ever get a western character, I mean it's been 5 games and the closest we have to a playable fighter is a single assist trophy.
Dude, you need to seriously look into those characters some more. They would all bring potentially interesting move sets to Smash and Sakurai would seriously do them justice. I don't think Master Chief would compare at all to Snake beyond having some CQC and projectiles (So like a good half of the game...) and Link echo for Steve... Are we still on Echo fighters being able to be these absurd copies from characters that make so sense? That's impossible first of all due to their differences, and I fail to see how they even relate beyond potentially them both using a sword (And I would honestly expect Steve to use a pick-axe attack over a conventional sword).

Plus, Ryu's a ninja with a ton of abilities, moves, and weaponry, he could be unique easily.

I know Conker has some support around here, but... I just can't see him on the same level as Banjo. He's much more niche just by nature of his game and I don't really see him as much of an icon... I couldn't really put him above Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, or Steve from the Microsoft camp. And even then, I'd struggle to really prioritize him over Rare reps like Jago from Killer Instinct who has a long history with Nintendo as well. Joanna Dark would also be of an equal level to me and probably so would be the Battletoads. Conker's certainly developed a cult following since his game's release, but I just can't really see him as a priority over a lot of other Rare and Microsoft reps.

I mean I love Conker too, but I can't put him on the same level as Banjo or even really all that close...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I know Conker has some support around here, but... I just can't see him on the same level as Banjo. He's much more niche just by nature of his game and I don't really see him as much of an icon... I couldn't really put him above Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief, or Steve from the Microsoft camp. And even then, I'd struggle to really prioritize him over Rare reps like Jago from Killer Instinct who has a long history with Nintendo as well. Joanna Dark would also be of an equal level to me and probably so would be the Battletoads. Conker's certainly developed a cult following since his game's release, but I just can't really see him as a priority over a lot of other Rare and Microsoft reps.

I mean I love Conker too, but I can't put him on the same level as Banjo or even really all that close...
I can understand that, and you're right. I think it just mainly has to do with the fact that Microsoft is constantly promoting him instead of other Rare characters, and even though his games are a lot less popular than the other Rare characters', he still is always promoted alongside Banjo. Rare treats Banjo and Conker as equals, it shows through a lot of their actions. For example, Banjo and Conker both getting Totaku figures.

I definitely see why you'd say Conker isn't a priority, but through Microsoft and Rare's actions, it seems like they prioritize him. He is used significantly more than other Rare characters.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Steve and Master Chief have tons of things to work with though. There are arguments against both, but "they don't bring much to the table" isn't really one of them.
Not really. MC has guns, a sword, and explosives. Steve has some tools, fireballs, and explosives? Steve works better as an echo to Link and MC just doesn't fit in Smash.

TheBeastHimself

Not really. MC has guns, a sword, and explosives. Steve has some tools, fireballs, and explosives? Steve works better as an echo to Link and MC just doesn't fit in Smash.
I disagree. What about Snake?

Also, Steve could use pretty much any item and make it work in his moveset. It's Minecraft, the possibilities for a moveset are endless.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe you have, but this reads like someone who has played neither series.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Any character can have moveset potential if you think hard enough. Some just have it more obvious than other like Banjo-Kazooie for instance.

Master Chief can use his Energy Sword for Smash Attacks, Various types of guns such as Assault and Plasma Rifles, Grenades and Explosives and I believe he also has a Jet/Boost Pack in his suit for recovery, Then can even add his Overshield has a special or unique mechanic into his Damage Percentage HUD.

I don't even have much experience or history with the Halo franchise and even I think he can work as a fighter, I mean just look at Guest Character Arbiter from Halo in Killer Instinct they made him work into a great fighter.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Any character can have moveset potential if you think hard enough. Some just have it more obvious than other like Banjo-Kazooie for instance.

Master Chief can use his Energy Sword for Smash Attacks, Various types of guns such as Assault and Plasma Rifles, Grenades and Explosives and I believe he also has a Jet/Boost Pack in his suit for recovery, Then can even add his Overshield has a special or unique mechanic into his Damage Percentage HUD.

I don't even have much experience or history with the Halo franchise and even I think he can work as a fighter, I mean just look at Guest Character Arbiter from Halo in Killer Instinct they made him work into a great fighter.
I feel that the Sword works as a part of some tilts where CQC can be a few other tilts, pummels and throws. Smashes need to use the Gravity Hammer, mostly because it's the sickest weapon in his arsenal. His guns that dont use ballistic bullets can be implemented like the needler or the Spartan Laser as a chargeable B move. I don't know enough about Halo to make a concrete moveset but I know enough to toss some stuff out.

Back to Banjo's Intro.....well....please dont hate me...I kind of want them to either drive in or crash in one of the cars from DKRacing or even Nuts and Bolts. Banjo's been in a lot of car based games so that makes sense to me. A simple fly in or crash land works too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do hope Nintendo plans to do a mini direct sometime during the start or middle of April. Feels kinda cruddy that Atlus dictating how Nintendo releases their smash news. If anything they can have a direct before the later half of April to reveal the Spring update, possibly a solid release date for Joker and pack 2 reveal. Then Joker drops end of April and we can all either dance at a Banjo reveal or hold off farther.
We don't even know if Joker's arrival is delayed. New characters take time, especially with a smaller team and considering he'll probably come with a big update.

I see this "ATLUS controls a much bigger company's release schedule" thing thrown around a lot but there is no concrete evidence for it.

AM I the only one that really does not want Master Chief or Hyabusa or Steve in Smash? They are just not interesting as Smash fighters. They don't have much to bring to the table(even though a good amount of characters already do this.) MC will bring nothing new to the game, he'll be another Snake. Steve works better as a Link echo than a fighter.
These are just "Banjo-Kazooie would be a Duck Hunt clone" 2.0. Just because you don't see the potential doesn't mean it's not there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People tend to impose their own lack of creativity onto Sakurai like he didn't give DHD and WFT movesets that actually made sense.

Master Chief and Steve would be a cakewalk next to characters like those.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
People tend to impose their own lack of creativity onto Sakurai like he didn't give DHD and WFT movesets that actually made sense.
Oh boy, have I noticed that.
"Ridley would just be a Charizard clone!"
"Simon only whips stuff, sooooo original"
"K. Rool? More like, W H I R L I N G G A L L E O N"

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh boy, have I noticed that.
"Ridley would just be a Charizard clone!"
"Simon only whips stuff, sooooo original"
"K. Rool? More like, W H I R L I N G G A L L E O N"
Haha yeah there's been some heinous ones over the years (Krystal over Fox, Waluigi over Wario, Goroh over Falcon - the strangely common Rex over Shulk), but I have to say Steve over Link is a new one for me. o_O

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Well gang, looks like Joker may be coming sooner than we thought. Lookie what Best Buy's showing.
Screenshot_20190331-034637_Chrome.jpg

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Master Chief really would fit Smash, and there's probably only 5 or so characters in all of gaming more iconic than him.

The only thing I could legitimately see keeping him out are his military style weapons if that's an issue. Having him only use covenant weapons wouldn't feel like an authentic representation of the character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well gang, looks like Joker may be coming sooner than we thought. Lookie what Best Buy's showing. View attachment 202989
A Best Buy leak, of all things. What a time we live in.

Master Chief really would fit Smash, and there's probably only 5 or so characters in all of gaming more iconic than him.

The only thing I could legitimately see keeping him out are his military style weapons if that's an issue. Having him only use covenant weapons wouldn't feel like an authentic representation of the character.
I think Sak can let it slide if weapons are an iconic part of the character. Besides, realistic aesthetics have been downplayed after Brawl (which was partly a response to the "real is brown" trend).

viras

Smash Rookie
Honestly MC would fit, can't see Steve fitting however. But idk banjo seems the most likely outta all of em

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it's gonna take a while, but I'm working on...something for this thread. Stay tuned.

D

Deleted member

Guys my gut is telling me that Steve is a mii costume while banjo is a fighter. Why’s that?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I might be because I saw this
View attachment 203044
Somehow I see this becoming a reality

Sad Isn’t it?
It kinda reminds me of the Akira Mii Brawler costume, which kept the OG Virtua Fighter's early polygon look. I actually think Steve's Blocky design looks better on a Mii Swordfighter costume than an actual fighter.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I see this "ATLUS controls a much bigger company's release schedule" thing thrown around a lot but there is no concrete evidence for it.
To be fair, they DID try to literally threaten players against streaming Persona 5 after a certain point. While there is no evidence against them having that kind of a reach, I wouldn't be surprised if they did try to pull a power move like that behind the scenes

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, maybe ATLUS would let it slide for once because Sakurai can be trusted enough with his vision to sell Joker right.

I mean, let's not forget that Sega actually allowed Sakurai to kill Sonic onscreen, when they've been otherwise treating Sonic's plot armor like a temple after '06.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The rest of the fighter pass is going to be all Microsoft characters don't @ me
Steve is somehow Brave, Banjo at E3, Master Chief in the fall, and finally, as the last character...

Rash.

TheBeastHimself

Are we just assuming Best Buy leaked this? I mean you'd think we'd get the Joker render from Nintendo but Nintendo may have given Best Buy the go ahead to post that and hype people up.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben: Im the most credible leaker of this smash game.

Best buy: Hold my beer.
Speaking of credible leakers xenother has been offline for a month (could his sources duped him?)

Why would I call a random person credible anyway?

Top Bottom