• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Can I just say I love how all the fake leakers came crawling back to Banjo after Steve went bust with Verge and the other guy?

Also if that is actually real that is one pretty based list.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
The name is Chrono, not Crono.

They changed the name becouse the game just supported names with 5 letters.

But the name is Chrono.
I never thought of that. To be honest, I had forgotten that the game only supported 5-letter names. Makes sense to me, then.

I still think it's fake though. It's pretty easy to change up the console.log and recreate the image.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I never thought of that. To be honest, I had forgotten that the game only supported 5-letter names. Makes sense to me, then.

I still think it's fake though. It's pretty easy to change up the console.log and recreate the image.
Maybe , but i wanna see why this has credibility.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem to have any credibility. Seems like someone is just trying to shake things up by throwing JSON into the mix. Keep in mind that there are always people coming into leak threads, jokily claiming that they're real.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It doesn't seem to have any credibility. Seems like someone is just trying to shake things up by throwing JSON into the mix. Keep in mind that there are always people coming into leak threads, jokily claiming that they're real.
I'm one of them.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
You think Microsoft is trying to throw people off with the Minecraft related tweets (e.g. the dig tweet and they replied to a picture of Mario and Steve together)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You think Microsoft is trying to throw people off with the Minecraft related tweets (e.g. the dig tweet and they replied to a picture of Mario and Steve together)
Watch Banjo's reveal trailer start off with Creeper walking around. Then suddenly being thrown into an assist trophy while Banjo takes the spotlight.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I actually imagine the Banjo reveal to drop out of sudden in the following way: if it was to be during the 3.0 reveal, let it be at the end, just when they end showing the new stuff and they make you feel like they are closing already, then the video becomes jiggy pieces and they fly towards the screen like a Banjo Kazooie Transition, then the reveal trailer begins.

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
It would seem to be implying the exact opposite if anything. Remember, Minecraft is the bridge between the two companies. We even have a Creeper 3DS. Steve is very likely, which only bodes well for Banjo in coming together, or soon after.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This could be a fan hack or a Photoshop job. If Chrono is the next character revealed, then this leak will be more credible.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Have to say there is something special about this one. They are normally so quick to brush it off but this one actually has a lasting thread with people having counterpoints to what people are calling fake about it. It's really strange.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Have to say there is something special about this one. They are normally so quick to brush it off but this one actually has a lasting thread with people having counterpoints to what people are calling fake about it. It's really strange.
Please let this not be another Grinch. As a DQ fan it's starting to get tiresome of seeing people assume Eddy is in when recent promotions imply nothing.

Although I wouldn't mind it if this got people to give Reimu extra attention, indies barely have anything as it is right now.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What you guys think about this: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/451292168

People said this has crediblity.

Can someone explain this to me?
I don't believe this leak is real, but if it is, I would be happy with it. It's got Banjo & Kazooie who everybody and myself wants, Crono who is a iconic RPG protagonist from one of the most iconic RPG's in history Chrono Trigger, Reimu who is pretty much the face of shoot 'em ups in Japan, and Agumon who is probably the most iconic Digimon of all time. This list would be satisfying if true but like I said, I highly doubt it's real.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, I'll give the guy credit for cutting the crap and just go straight for the names, no fully-detailed explanations as to what characters come with, no reasoning for so and so getting in despite the fact that this kind of info would not even remotely be in data leaks, no ****ty puzzles or riddles to hook people in, just a few words and an image.

Most fake leaks are so low-effort that it's insulting.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I will say, I'll give the guy credit for cutting the crap and just go straight for the names, no fully-detailed explanations as to what characters come with, no reasoning for so and so getting in despite the fact that this kind of info would not even remotely be in data leaks, no ****ty puzzles or riddles to hook people in, just a few words and an image.

Most fake leaks are so low-effort that it's insulting.
Those are the 4chan leaks that always turn out being true also lmao.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Those are the 4chan leaks that always turn out being true also lmao.
Eh, the Piranha Plant one was relatively short, just a couple sentences.

I miss the days when people actually dared to take a photo of the unlocked roster and had the audacity to show it unblurred. The closest thing we got to that is the screencap with Ken.

Also, which games had leaks with riddles turn out true? Besides Smash 4, and even then Tansut was referring to a non-game-related property to disguise his Cloud leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Given phill being a third party to Nintendo do you think this has to do with banjo?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, the Piranha Plant one was relatively short, just a couple sentences.

I miss the days when people actually dared to take a photo of the unlocked roster and had the audacity to show it unblurred. The closest thing we got to that is the screencap with Ken.
I guess nobody has had the ***** since the ************ leaker to actually leak a nicely fake or real image leak. If you don't know who I'm talking about, I'm talking about the guy who did the ESRB leak and revealed Smash 4's entire base roster. He got sued by Nintendo and got thrown in prison after that leak.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess nobody has had the ***** since the ************ leaker to actually leak a nicely fake or real image leak. If you don't know who I'm talking about, I'm talking about the guy who did the ESRB leak and revealed Smash 4's entire base roster. He got sued by Nintendo and thrown prison after that leak.
So yeah, I'm not sure why people continue to leak when they know damn well that it wouldn't end well. Being in prison because of it can get you famous, but doesn't get you many friends. Or jobs.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They already went over it several times that it is both spelled Chrono and Crono because of how they made the game.
He is referred to as "Crono" in all official English promotional material for Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Are we really still defending a 4Chan leak?
I'm just admiring the attention to detail. No one has pointed out anything wrong with the translations yet. Which is an easy tell.i like it when people but effort into these things.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I don't pretend to understand any of this tech-wise but I've looked up this Reimu everyone has been mentioning. If it's who I found, I have absolutely no interest in her nor Agumon sorry to say. However, if this somehow turns out to be true, I'll stick to my word and buy the pass as soon as Banjo is officially announced.

#AnythingForB-K

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We're going to have to wait it out on this one. If Chrono is the next character revealed, then this leak is more credible. If anyone else is revealed next, then this leak dies.

D

Deleted member

I'm just admiring the attention to detail. No one has pointed out anything wrong with the translations yet. Which is an easy tell.i like it when people but effort into these things.
I mean, yeah, it has more detail, but there is no real 4Chan picture leak.

There's no reason to believe it.

We're going to have to wait it out on this one. If Chrono is the next character revealed, then this leak is more credible. If anyone else is revealed next, then this leak dies.
If Crono is revealed next (which I don't at all think will be the case), then it'd have to be spelled with an h for this "leak" to have more credibility.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Crono part kills it. I know Chrono Trigger only allowed 5-character names in the west, but that doesn't change the fact that the file should still list his English name as Crono.

ChrisNonyminus

Smash Rookie
Ok, guys, wild scenario:
Say this leak is real (but instead of Agumon we get Doomguy, and the order of the characters is rearranged), and for each DLC Pack's music, Sakurai does this:
He brings in the composers of each of the 5 new series (Persona, BK, Touhou, DOOM, and Chrono Trigger), and has them each do remixes for eachother's series (ie, the composer for touhou does remixes for doom, and the composer for doom does remixes for persona, and persona's composer does remixes for BK, and so on). In this scenario, which composer of each of these 5 series do you want to do remixes for which of said 5 series? Each composer can only do one.
Also, what particular remixes would you like to hear?

I apologize for the poor-ish grammar in the above paragraph, I kinda wrote this in a haste.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if the Grinch, which had way more things going for it was fake then this is likely fake too. Poe's law and all of that.

Either way I think Banjo is getting in.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the Crono part kills it. I know Chrono Trigger only allowed 5-character names in the west, but that doesn't change the fact that the file should still list his English name as Crono.
The fact that it's 4Chan kills it

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I never even said I believed it. Just defending some of the attention to detail they did. So I think you all got the wrong idea of what I was implying.

ESRB happened on 4chan and so did the plant. So I wouldn't dismiss absolutely everything posted on there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom