• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Rare limited was also seen credited in the copyright data i believe, so I dont think its not knowing who owned them with whatevers going on here.
There is still a possibility that Nintendo still owns the rights to the name 'Blast Dozer' and 'Star Twins'.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
On Justia the trademarks for both blast Corp and jet force Gemini are listed under ownership with Microsoft. What’s weird is both were filed for and trademarked in summer 2015.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
On Justia the trademarks for both blast Corp and jet force Gemini are listed under ownership with Microsoft. What’s weird is both were filed for and trademarked in summer 2015.
That’s not weird at all since Rare Replay came out around that time and had both games included.

I had the same thought process than you yesterday. Seeing someone else post about it definitely makes me more worried of this possibility. Everyone is super happy about this finding, but I can't shake the feeling of having to think of the worst case scenario. Imagine the day 1 patch removing those data strings only to never be seen again.

I mean, it HAS to be a mistake, right? Wether it means Banjo is in or not, those seem like an oversight and they shouldn't be there.
That’s quite a stretch though. It would only take a quick google search to find out that those games are Rare properties. I don’t think Sakurai or Nintendo would want someone working on the game who would make such an amateur mistake

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
What the heck is going on here, Banjo-Roos? Is there a new glimmer of hope for our backpacking bear & bird? :O
Not sure if you saw, but someone datamined some code that revealed two names of Rare games. The code at this point doesn't appear to be implemented, so the hope is that when DLC packs drop, they might come along with some spirits or something related to the character. If a Rare character is going to be DLC, it's probably 100% going to be Banjo. It's possible it could be Battletoads related or just Microsoft in general, but Vergeben as of yesterday said he's not confident Steve is going to be playable. All of these things together piece up to be either 1) Scrapped Code that might not be related to anything. 2) Really promising shot for Banjo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so currently, according to PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON there are 29 empty slots for IDs. IDs can be filled by costumes or character alts (e.g. In 4, Ike/Cloud/Bayo take up 2 IDs each, while Bowser Jr. takes 8 IDs).

Going by this, if Nintendo fills up all 29 slots, it is possible that both B-K and Steve/Rash/Fulgore/what have you could co-exist, so long as they don't have much alts.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Okay, so currently, according to PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON there are 29 empty slots for IDs. IDs can be filled by costumes or character alts (e.g. In 4, Ike/Cloud/Bayo take up 2 IDs each, while Bowser Jr. takes 8 IDs).

Going by this, if Nintendo fills up all 29 slots, it is possible that both B-K and Steve/Rash/Fulgore/what have you could co-exist, so long as they don't have much alts.
Ike doesn't take up 2 slots in 4, he takes up 2 slots in Ultimate because of the two designs. For the record, I personally think the 29 points to 2 or 3 waves with echos as free DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ike doesn't take up 2 slots in 4, he takes up 2 slots in Ultimate because of the two designs. For the record, I personally think the 29 points to 2 or 3 waves with echos as free DLC.
Right, forgot he didn't have an alt in that game.

Let's hope your theory is correct though, it feels odd that we didn't have much Echoes in the base game.

StormC

Smash Hero
I doubt echoes would be free if they were willing to charge us for Mii costumes, honestly. I'm not putting much stock in the extra slots for now.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I doubt echoes would be free if they were willing to charge us for Mii costumes, honestly. I'm not putting much stock in the extra slots for now.
They could give us non-free echos too, of course. I just hope they are free lol.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Banjo-Kazooie support sure has been a rollercoaster, hasn't it? I'm glad we're back on the up and up though! Hope and optimism prevails! (hey, it eventually got us K. Rool, so why not be hopeful).

At so many points in this pre-release season my hopes were lifted and then dashed, again and again and again... Right now they've been lifted up once more, I've survived every dash so far, so why stop the hope now!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
They said that each fighter in the Fighter Pass would be brand new characters since every veteran has already returned. They didn't say that the DLC wouldn't be Echoes, but I think it's been generally agreed upon at face value that "brand new character" means a unique, non-Echo fighter. I think what the above people were referencing was more in addition to the 5 DLC character Fighter Pass. Like an Echo Pass or additional DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie support sure has been a rollercoaster, hasn't it? I'm glad we're back on the up and up though! Hope and optimism prevails! (hey, it eventually got us K. Rool, so why not be hopeful).

At so many points in this pre-release season my hopes were lifted and then dashed, again and again and again... Right now they've been lifted up once more, I've survived every dash so far, so why stop the hope now!
Banjo has been like Rasputin this whole Smash cycle. No matter what leakers say, or what fake leaks get deconfirmed, or what evidence against him appears... he just won't die.

Going all in on the Fighter Pass once he's confirmed.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
But didn't Sakurai straight-up say that they weren't going to be doing any Echoes for DLC?
No. The way he worded it was confusing, but he really only said the fighter pass won't be echos. He didn't say there won't be any echos at all ever.

StormC

Smash Hero
In a way I think Banjo will be similar to Cloud, in a "holy crap they actually did it!" kinda way that breaks the internet. One of those pipe dream characters from another company that was seen as impossible (Cloud's famous game being a PS1 headliner with him appearing minimally on Nintendo consoles, Banjo being a long lost Nintendo character trapped by a rival console maker). I look forward to all the various reactions when it finally happens.

I don't think he's absolutely confirmed or anything but from murmurs here and there and this datamine, it's hard to feel anything but optimistic.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Banjo has been like Rasputin this whole Smash cycle. No matter what leakers say, or what fake leaks get deconfirmed, or what evidence against him appears... he just won't die.

Going all in on the Fighter Pass once he's confirmed.
Indeed, this has been Banjo speculation in a nutshell:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I wonder, in the case that we don't get Banjo, if there'd be people passionate enough to add him through mods (assuming mods like that are possible for Ultimate).

I don't mean swapping Mario's character model for Banjo's, like the Smash 4 mod, but an actual unique character with their own animations and stuff.

Cynthwave

Smash Rookie
I keep trying to find any fault with all of the new info with Verge and the Rare IPs. But I feel like Banjo is the most likely DLC character at this point.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
In a way I think Banjo will be similar to Cloud, in a "holy crap they actually did it!" kinda way that breaks the internet. One of those pipe dream characters from another company that was seen as impossible (Cloud's famous game being a PS1 headliner with him appearing minimally on Nintendo consoles, Banjo being a long lost Nintendo character trapped by a rival console maker). I look forward to all the various reactions when it finally happens.

I don't think he's absolutely confirmed or anything but from murmurs here and there and this datamine, it's hard to feel anything but optimistic.
If anything getting Banjo-Kazooie would be taking it to the next level, Getting 3rd Party representation from all major Japanese companies is one thing , But snagging a 1st Party Character from a major "Rival" that is Microsoft under the Xbox brand is absolutely insane (And an Ex-Nintendo character no less!) and I'm pretty sure it has never been done before so it would be a video game industry first.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Call this pie in the sky, but I feel like Banjo needs an organised effort. Something akin to what K. Rool fans did to bring him back. So I'm launching a twitter account dedicated to trying to bring back Banjo. It's better than sitting on my ass and doing nothing anyway.

https://twitter.com/BringBackBanjoK

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well I just found out the Knuckles and Tails costumes are not returning (at least in the base). This game keeps getting more disappointing).

StormC

Smash Hero
I wouldn't pay much mind to missing alts by themselves, but with the Rare datamine? Man oh man... I just hope he's announced soon.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Anyone else notice how the duck hunt alt. that looked quite similar to Banjo and Kazooie is gone?
Are you referring to the bottom right option?

While it did seem to have some Banjo similarities, the Duck is actually one of the three colors from the original game.

79109EBD-49F0-4BFC-BB4B-FA9AEFFB3094.png

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice how the duck hunt alt. that looked quite similar to Banjo and Kazooie is gone?
It's not gone, it's the one at the bottom-right. You just can't see the duck's red body from that perspective.

I'll be honest, I never thought any of the Duck Hunt Alts looked even close to Banjo and Kazooie.
It doesn't really look like them. The colors aren't exactly similar. But it's just "brown mammal + red bird on the back", so people liked to think back then that it was a nod to B&K.

Last edited:
Two weeks away, everyone. Let's hope we hear something about prospective DLC news around or shortly after release!
Unless we get an announcement at the game awards, I wouldn’t expect any news until after Piranha Plant releases. In fact, we might get some sort of news along with the announcement of Piranha Plant’s release date. Similar to how we didn’t know any other DLC info besides Mewtwo during Smash 4, but when they finally unveiled his trailer, we found out about Lucas, the fighter ballot, etc. So if that’s the case again, I wouldn’t expect anything until around at least February

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
alright, while i'm glad Banjo's chances and awareness has increased recently, I still would want to keep the thought process of "hope for the best. expect the worst" when it comes to this.

there's the possibility that people who were developing spirits weren't aware that Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini were Rare games, so mabye they found that out through development and made sure to get rid of them.

since Vergeben says that the Minecraft content is a boss, and that there hasn't been any found data of Minecraft whatsoever, it could still mean that Steve is a character. Vergeben didn't confidently deny that Steve isn't a character.

you can feel how you want to feel, but I currently still believe that Steve has a better chance than Banjo.

Top Bottom