• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Verge is the leaker not mr piggybacking off verge
Hold up, what? That's not what I just read in that gamefaqs post. It just said Banjo was unlikely "per Hitagi", unless Hitagi is Verge? I'm a little lost here.... If Verge is backing this guy up, it's a different guy than his previous sources, so information can still easily be taken with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted member

Hold up, what? That's not what I just read in that gamefaqs post. It just said Banjo was unlikely "per Hitagi", unless Hitagi is Verge? I'm a little lost here.... If Verge is backing this guy up, it's a different guy than his previous sources, so information can still easily be taken with a grain of salt.
And he’s wrong

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
X02: Microsoft announces Rare Acquisition.

X06: Rare unveils Banjo-Threeie teaser.

X018: ? (Hopefully 3rd times the charm.)

My expectations are low, But my prediction is a teaser trailer for Banjo-Threeie or a reboot, But for the next Xbox, They probably won't say it's for the One, Just Xbox so it can go either way.

But this will likely be the last time I see an Xbox conference live, I've been let down too many times past conferences such as E3, Nothing happened at E3 and if nothing happens here then what a sad and crappy anniversary for the bear and bird.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Rare will have a panel tomorrow with new information, and some surprises, and some hints for tomorrow. Nothing to get too excited about (probably Battletoad stuff) but if there were to be any hints at Banjo in Smash it would most realistically come in this way

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I don't know how many more times I can keep coming back here and saying "It's over", they just keep grinding us down more and more

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
The most I'm hoping for is that Banjo Kazooie will at least be acknowledged to some degree. It doesn't even need to be for a new game, even a remaster or a 20th anniversary re-release would be good.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Thing is... these leakers even if the info they know is true only know about 2 characters out of the 5, at the most 3.. no one knows all the DLC...

This Hitagi person has barley a blip on the Smash leak scene and comes out of nowhere all of the sudden with DLC info... now people are talking about them.. I don't take much stock into their info. Even if Steve is in, Im not giving up on seeing Banjo... I don't think MS and Nintendo would ignore him and if they do maybe it will prompt a response out of Phil Spencer as to why.

Banjo has more going for him than people are looking at.....

I see people saying Minecraft "makes more sense" and "has more going for it"

The only reason is because Minecraft is on the Switch and makes money.

That vs. Banjo who I'm not even going to list all the reasons he has advantage over Steve because weve all done it a million time's..

Just because Verge trusts this guy doesn't = he's correct. It's the same situation for papagenos papagenos just because he trusts his source doesn't mean he's right and I would treat this Hitagi guy the same....

I'll be open and straight forward here.. speaking of Papagenos.. I PM'd him not too long ago.. because I had also heard from someone I trust that Banjo was getting in Smash.. I'm not going into the details but I've worked lightly in the game industry on a few small indie game's.. I have friends who work in the industry that have friends who are higher in the industry.

A friend who i worked with in the past had told me their friend at Microsoft said Banjo was going to be in the new Smash. This info was told to me casually as I had mentioned wanting Banjo in.

Obviously this info means nothing as I have zero credibility but I trust my friend who 100% believes their source.. Cleary though multiple people around have heard muttering about Banjo....

Again though this info is useless and I don't blame any of you if you didn't believe me. I'm just sharing what I had heard a little while ago

Edit: re reading my post the way I worded it, it sounds like I'm Papas Banjo source.. I'm not lol I PM'd him to share what I heard because it shows more than one person heard about Banjo.

Last edited:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Well, Rare is pretty busy with Sea of Thieves. If another Banjo & Kazooie game was coming, it would probably had to be developed by a different team. So I don't expect anything from the Rare panel tomorrow outside of Sea of Thieves.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm also under the idea that Steve doesn't mean a hard no for Banjo. If anything, it shows that Microsoft is willing to work with Nintendo on this.

It's actually great news if you guys have heard from someone a little closer to the source that there was at least talk about Banjo. It's you guys that keep the dream alive for us!

All we can do is hope, haha. Maybe the Rare presentation tomorrow or TGA will bring us more to hold onto.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I could see both Steve and Banjo getting in if there was season 2 DLC, which isn't that likely. If there were a season 2, it would probably hinge both on how well received wave 1 was and how long the Switch's lifespan is.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
PapaGenos talked about it earlier today. Basically he said that his info was a chain of info and shouldn't be taken as fact, just passed along through word of mouth. While he trusts the people he talked to, it's without real proof and he said that if Hitagi has evidence, he might be considered to be believed.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I of course am still refusing to believe Hitagi just on the premise of a rumor being a rumor until proven otherwise. (And well, I'd love for it to not be true, haha.)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I guess something I just thought about is that we need to see if this Katalina girl or a Dragon Quest character are in, because if Steve's in, then that doesn't really prove anything because he applies to what both Vergeben and Hitagi have said.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
As much as I want to believe in Papageno, the cards do seem stacked against him and his sources. I don't totally believe Hitagi either, but he does at least have decent cred when it comes to other fighting games.

At any rate, since Hitagi basically deconfirmed a ton of different characters in his ama and is leaning very strongly to certain others, the first DLC character reveal will likely be enough to either make or break his claims.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Hitagi saying "he never had a chance to begin with" and "people sure are stretching for their dreams" and then goes on to say that Microsoft is involved with Minecraft content is a bit conflicting... It sounds more like either Hitagi simply doesn't know everything or anything at all, or that he's never been a fan of Banjo-Kazooie in the game himself, because if he'd know that Microsoft is involved it would most certainly raise Banjo-Kazooie's chances.

It may even come down to what happened with K. Rool. Nobody knew he was in, no leaker at all, not even Vergeben. And then WHAM, there's K. Rool. Perhaps some characters are just better kept secret than others. PapaGeno's source is apparently from Microsoft, so if anybody would know, it'd be a Microsoft employee... But then again, I'm not convinced PapaGeno's source is all that reliable either. But if it's legit, I'd say a Microsoft employee would be more reliable than Hitagi's source, which may be someone from Namco or Nintendo or a testing department, who knows, but if it's Banjo, Microsoft and Rare would know best.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Granted I don't live a very stressful life, but who would have thought one of the hardest things I'd come across in life would be literally waiting and doing nothing to see if a childhood video game character makes it into a video game? Man this wait is maddening, haha.

Smash Bro 25

Smash Rookie
I know it's not a great thing talking bad about other characters, but Steve is so soulless and bland, even his name is Steve, it screams randomness and emptiness. Just make a Minecraft Stage Builder mode and a Mii costume, that would be very cool.
But putting him into the roster is gonna be such a slap in our faces, you know that well.
Of course I'm gonna buy the game and all the DLC, but if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it, then the industry is full of money hungry careless people. It's like rejecting their history and their childhood/adult-hood. And yes, Piranha plant is a joke, it makes the series look so troll-ish now. We need iconic characters that have their own games, history, music and moveset.
Rant is over, the game will be great, but this is the truth.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I've never liked Smash. The series has always felt incomplete, but if I had to choose my favourite installment, it would have to be Brawl because it had a proper story. My first game in the series was Melee, I was 7 years at the time. I thought the game was 'Super Mario Bros.' I enjoyed the first play through of Adventure but I felt it was too short and I didn't like the way you would unlock characters. I didn't buy Smash 4, but I have played it. I didn't like the lack of story, but what really got my feathers ruthled was the smash ballot fiasco. I wanted Bayonetta to be in the game at launch but recall a development interview saying that she is too sexualised to be in the game, so I accepted it at that. I thought Banjo Kazooie were possible way before Phil Spencer expressed an interest in allowing them into Smash because I recall on the copyright for Diddy Kong Racing DS that Pipsy, Timber and Tiptup being copyrighted to Rare. So I believe Nintendo excluded Banjo and Conker out of malice.
I know with certainty that Bayonetta did not win the ballot, even out of the most realisable characters. I feel she was tagged on as DLC so that Nintendo could make a return on their investment in Platinum Games and to hype her up for the reprint which was around the same time she was available to download. She should have been in the base rota. We've got a fair idea of who are the top picks cause there are enough evidence although anecdotal. In my opinion I think Nintendo decided the rota from the beginning. I thought the Grinch leak was fake, but only started to believe it when all these events surrounding it started to unfold. However, I still believe the Grinch leak could be real. People think that Isaac was meant to be on the poster but I believe that was in fact Chromo Trigger. It matches up with the book theory because they both look similar to promotional material surrounding Chrono Trigger. I will give Ultimate a miss though because from what I've seen, it doesn't look like it can recapture my interest in the series like Brawl did.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've never liked Smash. The series has always felt incomplete, but if I had to choose my favourite installment, it would have to be Brawl because it had a proper story. My first game in the series was Melee, I was 7 years at the time. I thought the game was 'Super Mario Bros.' I enjoyed the first play through of Adventure but I felt it was too short and I didn't like the way you would unlock characters. I didn't buy Smash 4, but I have played it. I didn't like the lack of story, but what really got my feathers ruthled was the smash ballot fiasco. I wanted Bayonetta to be in the game at launch but recall a development interview saying that she is too sexualised to be in the game, so I accepted it at that. I thought Banjo Kazooie were possible way before Phil Spencer expressed an interest in allowing them into Smash because I recall on the copyright for Diddy Kong Racing DS that Pipsy, Timber and Tiptup being copyrighted to Rare. So I believe Nintendo excluded Banjo and Conker out of malice.
I know with certainty that Bayonetta did not win the ballot, even out of the most realisable characters. I feel she was tagged on as DLC so that Nintendo could make a return on their investment in Platinum Games and to hype her up for the reprint which was around the same time she was available to download. She should have been in the base rota. We've got a fair idea of who are the top picks cause there are enough evidence although anecdotal. In my opinion I think Nintendo decided the rota from the beginning. I thought the Grinch leak was fake, but only started to believe it when all these events surrounding it started to unfold. However, I still believe the Grinch leak could be real. People think that Isaac was meant to be on the poster but I believe that was in fact Chromo Trigger. It matches up with the book theory because they both look similar to promotional material surrounding Chrono Trigger. I will give Ultimate a miss though because from what I've seen, it doesn't look like it can recapture my interest in the series like Brawl did.
Who else do you think we are missing in the roster? Here's my list of missing Nintendo/Video Game all stars that should be in the roster.

Nintendo: Dixie Kong, Pig Ganon, Toad, Waluigi, Krystal, Porky, Elma, Rex & Pyra

3rd party: Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Bomberman, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Sephiroth, M. Bison, Zero, Heihachi, Ryu Hayabusa, Goemon, Arthur, Nightmare

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
MAN ! grant kirkhope shure loves to tweet doom & gloom about banjo kazooie :/

makes you feel he might know something that we don't like it an't guna happen, after all the head of rare said he has no intention of working with older rare IP & that there focus is on supporting SOT with updating content over the years (a new thing for rare) & if they have no plans to make a new banjo game why put hum in smash? heck they did NOTHING but a bit of merch for his 20th anniversary (I could count on one hand the amount of merch the released)

Top Bottom