• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't think I quite agree. Don't forget about games like Ori or Cuphead. Both of which have been asked to be in Smash Bros as well.
While I have heard of good things from both, That's probably the best Microsoft has done with something out of their comfort zone and those are from indie studios.

I wanna see them really push something out there that isn't In Halo, Gears or Forza demographic (No, Not Minecraft), I want to see a Big budget 3D platformer physical release from one of their big studios (Rare) and say " Here's our platformer mascot and our take on it too !!!". Nintendo has Mario, Sony has Ratchet & Clank, I want to see Microsoft give Banjo-Kazooie the same treatment.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nowadays, I don't even think Rare is a good fit for Banjo. They didn't make the new KI, they aren't making the new Battletoads, and they've clearly established that their passion lies only within Sea of Thieves. Good, let them work on Sea of Thieves, because if they don't have the passion, any Banjo game they make will be a husk and a cash grab. But... why don't they just outsource?! There are PLENTY of studios that would love to work on a Banjo game, and would be sure to put in the polish and effort. The only work on Rares part is the legal terms, then they sit back and get the money from royalties. After the success of KI and the excitement over Battletoads getting revealed, it baffles me they still haven't bothered with more or less the most successful IP they've worked on behind DK and 007. Especially after Crash and Spyro got revived, proving that you can be a successful 3D platformer without being Mario.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Take this as you will, most likely not true but hey, 4chan leaks sometimes are real:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/tripcode/!!likzMUkMkR0/

banjo related being announced at the VGAs has been a reoccurring theory/rumor/leak
My favorite thing about these kind of "fake leaks" is that most of them add a lot of random useless details like "It'll be a 30 second cinematic". Also that is way too fanservice-y. No way it's real. Ignore it.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Nowadays, I don't even think Rare is a good fit for Banjo. They didn't make the new KI, they aren't making the new Battletoads, and they've clearly established that their passion lies only within Sea of Thieves. Good, let them work on Sea of Thieves, because if they don't have the passion, any Banjo game they make will be a husk and a cash grab.
This is my line of thinking too. Not that I have anything against anyone at Rare, but if Sea of Thieves is any indication, I'm not sure what a new Banjo game from Rare would even look like. And I'm not sure it's an IP that Rare or Microsoft want to entrust in some other outsourced developer.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The thing is I don't want just any studio to make the game, I want to make sure an established studio can do justice for the franchise and the one that pops up in my head that Microsoft can partner with is "Insomniac Games"

They have a ton of platformer experience with Spyro the Dragon and another duo with Ratchet & Clank that has a charm and a ton of humor similar to Banjo-Kazooie, I think they are the most logical choice to handle the IP outside of Playtonic and Nintendo and some of their studios.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I don't think I quite agree. Don't forget about games like Ori or Cuphead. Both of which have been asked to be in Smash Bros as well.
The issue is that most people I hear who talk about Ori and Cuphead aren't big Xbox fans. My friends love Cuphead and pretty much none of them care about Xbox- they play the game on Steam instead.
I myself love Ori and the Blind Forest to death- only reason I never mention wanting Ori in Smash is because it's an absurdly long shot- and I don't care much for Xbox. I own the game on Steam. Most of the comments I've seen on Will of the Wisps' E3 trailer this year are along the lines of: "This better be on Steam!" / "Please release on Steam!"

I'm aware some Xbox fans break the mold, but most of them are there for Halo, Gears of War, Forza, PUBG, huge photo-realistic AAA titles, etc.
I'm not trying to say a new, bona fide Banjo game wouldn't sell on Xbox- I'm trying to say that the audience who would be interested in a new Banjo game is far more concentrated in pretty much any other space- especially in Nintendo territory, for obvious reasons.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah Xbox is for mainstream normies at least thats who I see owning an xbox around me. they barley own more the 5 games at a time too

D

Deleted member

I believe he’s backpedaling

Verge isn’t doing it so yeah

He’s trash he might not even be a bk fan

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm out of the loop, what characters did Hitagi leak?
Basically just Steve now. He was pretty sure on Katalina last week, but not now. He knows of a character that originated outside of Japan, but can't talk about it right now. As for Square, he knows some names but can't talk about them right now. As for a Bandai Nancy rep, it's not Agumon, but you guessed it; can't talk about them right now.

Basically... don't pay any more attention to them until they have something useful or substantial.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739 is the jist of it.

D

Deleted member

Basically just Steve now. He was pretty sure on Katalina last week, but not now. He knows of a character that originated outside of Japan, but can't talk about it right now. As for Square, he knows some names but can't talk about them right now. As for a Bandai Nancy rep, it's not Agumon, but you guessed it; can't talk about them right now.

Basically... don't pay any more attention to them until they have something useful or substantial.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739 is the jist of it.
Man this guy needs to stop he will never be any good like verge

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, they have the benefit of the doubt currently because Vergeben trusts them as their leak history with other fighting games is pretty accurate. To my knowledge, the other games are not Nintendo games. Also, as far as I know, they haven't correctly called anything Smash related and are being taken seriously because of Vergeben's trust in them.

I think it's something we're going to have to wait to get the first official DLC announcement to know what to think, but I definitely wouldn't put them as fact right now, as any other leak or rumor.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
1542000268144.png

My own confirmation bias with BK aside, now doesn't this sound like a much more universally appealing DLC list?
1. Heihachi
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. 2B or Tracer? (I dno on this one)
5. Skull Kid/Shadow

It's 100% fake I'm sure, but this would be a far better scenario than the crap Hitagi is feeding us.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
View attachment 177420

My own confirmation bias with BK aside, now doesn't this sound like a much more universally appealing DLC list?
1. Heihachi
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Skull Kid/Shadow

It's 100% fake I'm sure, but this would be a far better scenario than the crap Hitagi is feeding us.
4 is probably referencing Twintelle? And actually, it's most fake to me because of this one. She was released shortly before Rex which was stated to have not made the roster because of the timeframe. And she's a spirit (not that I believe spirits can't be DLC).

I'm obviously going to hope a rumor with BK is true. I'm sure other people would be mad, but I'd be happy with Banjo Kazooie, Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach, Baby Peach, and Pink Gold Cat Peach. And I don't like Peach.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Which further supports that wherever the hell Hitagi is getting information from seems to be questionable at best. Not saying they're not getting some real info from real sources, but if Hitagi can't tell what's going on with the information they're being given, why bother?

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
View attachment 177420

1. Heihachi
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Skull Kid/Shadow

Would lean fake simply due to no obvious Square Enix rep. Pretty much every other leak has implied square is getting another rep. Some are dubious but pretty sure verge is leaning that way, and hes got the best track record so far from what I can gather.

1. Sure

2. Would be very good as a character I think. I've heard him suggested in the past and I think sakurai has mentioned playing No More Heroes on occasion in interviews

3. Obviously Banjo, but part me wishes It was James bond.

4. Definitely sounds like twintelle. I thought arms was an overall mediocre game honestly but I really enjoyed her qualities. Unless it is 2B but I have not played nier and have never heard of her ass. It would odd though since i think shes DLC for Soul Caliber 6? Not saying that disqualifies her, I mean Link was in Soul Caliber II so what ever.

5. Shadow isn't much of a villian, more an anti-hero. Of course I say that with the utmost generosity towards the folks that developed his character cause god he's poorly written. I still can't believe shadow is a character that was conceived, drafted, and was considered good enough to get his own stand alone title. Hopefully if real, its skull kid, cause shadow symbols sega's horrible downfall more than anything else.

Also Made this account specifically to post support for Banjo in Smash after creeping a few days.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Katalina would be the biggest
ever.

I never even heard of her before this "leak crap" came out. It doesn't make sense to put in a character that only appears on cell phones and not even on a home console or handheld console. That wouldn't even be much of a seller. Banjo and Kazooie as DLC would only be beneficial to Nintendo as opposed to some unknown character.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't believe anything Hitagi has been saying.

She's been back peddling more than any legitimate leaker I've ever seen, and none of what she says seems to really line up. Stay skeptical friends.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Ah, the great "let's make a fake leak according to the standard recipe"

"DLC characters will be released every few months apart" - How would you know that? It's a logical conclusion, but unless you're deep in the Smash team, you won't have access to this info to say for sure.
"There will be a Season 2" - This is even more spicy than the previous thing. You simply can't know. It's just what people wish for, so they're willing to believe in it.
"I have no idea who is in it" - Adding some more seasoning to your lie to make it seem you suddenly don't know everything even though you just claimed to know impossible facts.
"I'll give off a few hints" - Oh god, not this again. The oldest trick in the book. Act vague, so you can backpedal. Don't call names, so you can say "I never said that lol". Giving hints, so people will start guessing and you will bathe in attention.
"promoted from an Assist Trophy" - Wishful thinking again to get people's hopes up.
"I won't return here" - Acting like some sort of messiah.

The only thing that's missing here is "muh source"

Verdict: Don't even bother rating it/10

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't believe anything Hitagi has been saying.

She's been back peddling more than any legitimate leaker I've ever seen, and none of what she says seems to really line up. Stay skeptical friends.
I’m with you let’s all ignore her!

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Can you ask them to at least confirm either Bandai or Namco? Namco would pretty much mean Tekken or Tales and Bandai but not Agumon would almost certainly mean Tamagotchi. Would be interesting to see which side they take.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hitagi's a girl??
The character they derived their username from is. I think an image was provided several pages ago. I'm not going back to check, I have enough trouble keeping up with my alerts as is.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Can you ask them to at least confirm either Bandai or Namco? Namco would pretty much mean Tekken or Tales and Bandai but not Agumon would almost certainly mean Tamagotchi. Would be interesting to see which side they take.
You can look at, to my knowledge, everything they've posted here: https://www.reddit.com/user/Senjoug...o_apparently_94_of_you_follow_me_lol/?sort=qa

There are a couple things referencing Bandai and Namco, but like every other topic except Steve, they "can't talk about it right now".

And yeah, I gather that Hitagi is a girl.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; double posting(please edit your message instead)
There are a couple things referencing Bandai and Namco, but like every other topic except Steve, they "can't talk about it right now".
I don’t have time listening to a faker

I was listening to ssbu music when I found out one of those preview tracks were arranged by cygames

Could it just mean nothing?

I think it means nothing

JonSmash

Smash Ace
SmashbrosJP has the banner trailer playing in reverse WHY? is it a hint at something ?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your message instead)
SmashbrosJP has the banner trailer playing in reverse WHY? is it a hint at something ?
I heard about that and it literally makes no sense to me, haha. If there's a reason that makes sense, I haven't found it yet.

Even the etsy person that I ordered these from is rooting for them in Smash! https://imgur.com/a/sgv0Ibb

"Thank you for your purchase of Banjo and Kazooie! I always enjoy seeing people are still interested in Banjo Kazooie. Hopefully they'll make a new game soon! And perhaps they'll be Dlc characters for Smash Bros. Thank you again!"

There are some good people out there.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 177420

1. Heihachi
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Skull Kid/Shadow

The fact that villain is in quotes makes me think the leaker's talking about Waluigi. Which like automatically deconfirms the leak.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
While that is a cool trailer, I'm willing to accept that they don't get a cool cutscene if they make the game eventually, haha.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah rare & M$ really missed out on great marketing for banjo by not being in base game

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It is easier for a 3rd party to make profit off of DLC I think. I feel that most fighting games that have guests have them come around in DLC, (2B in Soul Calibur VI, Noctis / Geese / that Walking Dead guy / Akuma in Tekken 7, TMNT / Hellboy / Subzero in Injustice 2, just to name a few.) Even Smash 4 had a Majority of the 3rd party in DLC in the form of Bayo, Cloud, and Ryu.

Honestly that's probably why Minecraft Steve is likely as well.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that, if Banjo-Kazooie DO end up being one of the Fighter Pass characters, then they'll likely have a low-budget reveal trailer that exclusively uses gameplay. That being said, it might still be an interesting trailer, because while the CG scenes are nice, the DLC trailers tended to be a bit more creative with the cinematography (if that's the word I'm looking for) because they don't have pretty, high-quality CG segments to help them out. Heck, Piranha Plant's reveal trailer is probably my second favorite, and it actually did a pretty good job of building up to the reveal despite only using gameplay footage. So, despite them very likely not getting any CG for their reveal, I think Banjo-Kazooie's reveal trailer would still be pretty good.

Top Bottom