• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still don’t know what your talking about
NDA means a Non Disclosure Agreement. It's when you sign a contract with a company and can't say **** about anything related to unrevealed content in a game or else said company will sue your ass!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
For him saying he was never a character choice is ridiculous. I don't trust that.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
ALL I know is THIS the roster was chosen during the ballot in 2015 where banjo kazooie had MASSIVE SUPPORT FROM FANS M$/RARE the head of M$ with fans asking for them in smash & the N64 clkassic mini & the 20th anniversary comming up soon (at the time of the chosen roster)

& sakurai & nintendo CHOSE to talk to microsoft to PUT STEVE IN SMASH ! over celebrating nintendo & rare's history & putting one of THE MOST BELOVED characters in all of nintendo history TO PUT FREAKING STEVE FROM MINECRAFT !!!!

& NOT ONLY THAT BUT the new 3rd party rep (who was no were NEAR high on any ballot polls) simon belmont WHO IS ANOTHER NES ERA CHARACTER ! & to top it all off the put a PIRANHA PLANT AS A ACTUAL CHARACTER !

they HAD one chance to get a beloved classic character like banjo kazooie in THE ULTIMATE smash game & have him fight every smash character ever when we had a head at M$ who WAS WILLING ! to work with them (don matrick or what ever his name was would never of done that ) A MAYBE ONCE IN A LIFE TIME CHANCE ! AND THEY LET IT GO FOR THIS ! ? ! I'm sorry WHAT A WAIST !

(and banjo was the 1st most wanted 3rd party character in japan so there should be no reason to say japan wouldn't of wanted him )

Banjo better be DLC or this is a slap in the face by nintendo !

(oh & sakurai lied! he said rex was to late to make the roster in 2015 BUT INCINAROAR MADE IT IN THE BASE GAME ! )

rant over :p

no matter how we look at it all signs point to NO to banjo being in smash :/

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My thoughts on Hitagi's latest statements:

it_s_so_bad_meme_by_misterzero-d773a47.png

If Nintendo thought people were mad about Kenceniroar and Box Theory being true, this would totally blow it out of the water. It's the kind of bad that reduces a person to wheezing laughter and basically the total opposite of what Nintendo has been able to do with DLC and fan requests in the last four years.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
lol "its so bad" nintendo has never been good at listining to fans took them how many mario partys (& years) to get we wanted a BOARD GAME again LOL

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The choices are just too random. Smash 4 had some nice DLC in the way of Cloud, Bayonetta, and Ryu. With the exception of maybe Steve, and only because of how massively popular Minecraft was, the supposed other DLC picks just don't make sense. I think Piranha Plant is at least amusing and true to Nintendo.

Perhaps I'm just stubborn, but I'm not believing that DLC roster. I'm not saying it because I feel there's no way they'd pick Steve over Banjo, it just seems too weird. You can say that Nintendo doesn't know how to pick DLC, but they haven't exhibited that with Smash 4, where the DLC was overall pretty excellent.

I said before, don't take Hitagi as fact until we have a real reason to. And definitely don't get worked up over it. I want Banjo as much as anyone, and I check the boards and online community almost hourly nowadays, but in the end it's going to be a great game either way.

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
we'll know if banjo is in if the games are in the n64 mini. cause if the games are in the n64 mini why wouldn't he be in smash or at least had discussion of being in smash?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But that's what I'm saying. In four years we've gotten true revivals of Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and Wario Ware, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe literally fixed every issue fans had with the original release, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, and Kirby Star Allies had crazy good DLC, open world Zelda and Mario after years of begging, Luigi's Mansion 3, a new 3D and 2D Metroid, a console Animal Crossing and a console Pokemon after years of begging, releasing the NES and SNES Classic, etc. Nintendo's been amazing with fan service as of late and these rumors would be a complete 180, even when compared to Smash 4's DLC. Virtually nobody would be satisfied and I'm not talking about just Banjo but how this disconfirms or puts doubt on literally every major remaining popular character fanbase left for this game.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The choices are just too random. Smash 4 had some nice DLC in the way of Cloud, Bayonetta, and Ryu. With the exception of maybe Steve, and only because of how massively popular Minecraft was, the supposed other DLC picks just don't make sense. I think Piranha Plant is at least amusing and true to Nintendo.

Perhaps I'm just stubborn, but I'm not believing that DLC roster. I'm not saying it because I feel there's no way they'd pick Steve over Banjo, it just seems too weird. You can say that Nintendo doesn't know how to pick DLC, but they haven't exhibited that with Smash 4, where the DLC was overall pretty excellent.

I said before, don't take Hitagi as fact until we have a real reason to. And definitely don't get worked up over it. I want Banjo as much as anyone, and I check the boards and online community almost hourly nowadays, but in the end it's going to be a great game either way.
Yeah, those DLC choices Hitagi mentionend (aside from Steve) are just...bizarre, especially compared to the DLC Fighters from Smash 4.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739

Hey papagenos papagenos dose this affect your source?

He also said this about your source

“All i will say is that Papagenos really needs to fact check. If he has info, he should really be checking the source itself, rather than screenshots and third party sources.
And he's not even one of the worst of the "leaked info" kind of youtubers.”

And this

“More like people are really stretching for their dreams to come true. As far as I know, he was never a character choice”

This is starting to really p*** me off right now

Yeah I read everything he's been saying recently.
I've been as transparent as possible with what I've heard but I'll go over it again in this context:

Theres a chain of info going on. I have a source (who I trust based on who they are) who has a microsoft source who said they were "sure" of banjo. The Microsoft source also got tricked by the grinch leak (though they were confused why there was no incineroar).

I have never interacted with the microsoft source and I've never seen proof of anything, I only trust my source isn't lying to me (again based on who they are/their credentials etc... they would not do that, they are simply trying to get info they heard out there). However so far the microsoft source has yet to get anything right, though they always said they only knew about banjo for "sure" even when they were assuming the grinch leak was real.

So thats everything I got, I am NOT as certain about banjo as hitagi seems to be certain of Steve. I wish I could be but again all I have is a chain of info, no proof of anything at all.

I will say I find hitagi's claim of knowing what the choices were to be very suspicious... As hitagi said banjo wasnt even a choice, that's the sort of thing I dont think ANYONE would actually have specific info on. That said though, I cannot back Banjo the way hitagi is backing steve, I only have heard banjo from someone I think is trust-able but the info is coming from someone I've never interacted with and has gotten nothing right as far as I've seen.

So make your own conclusions on all of that, I'm just getting the info out there that I've heard but I am not remotely confident enough in it to challenge someone else's "inside info". The best I can do is be clearer and less cryptic than most "leakers" about exactly what I've heard.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah NONE of those choises would have me buying the DLC if those are the picks (I'd buy steve but only if banjo gets in tho)

heck the ONLY reason I bought corrin in smash 4 was B/C all the other characters where good picks (bayo debatable but a fun character non the less)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, those DLC choices Hitagi mentionend (aside from Steve) are just...bizarre, especially compared to the DLC Fighters from Smash 4.
Cloud was literally a “HOLY F***ING S***! HE GOT IN!”

That was unexpected and hype

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
papagenos papagenos could you reach out to your source and see if he can get some updates from his source?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
papagenos papagenos well based on multiple leakers....OK can we all agree to call all txt based "leaks" what they really are RUMORS from now on pls?
that we will get steve with mostly no word on banjo as most rumors don't say a thing about him

as for your source papa I would say maybe they hears about negotiations ? & steve was picked over banjo? or banjo is being held back to season pass 2?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I was TeamReal too, it doesn't really hurt to want to believe a rumor, just so long as you accept the fact that a rumor is just that; a rumor. Sorta like, you know, what's going on with Hitagi now. Are some rumors true? Of course. Are all of them? We know the answer to that already.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was TeamReal too, it doesn't really hurt to want to believe a rumor, just so long as you accept the fact that a rumor is just that; a rumor. Sorta like, you know, what's going on with Hitagi now. Are some rumors true? Of course. Are all of them? We know the answer to that already.
It's especially okay to believe in a rumor if you know the leaker or the person is a good person instead of not knowing who they are or if they are a troll.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OK here is another thing (that I have been guilty of untill just thinking about it right now)

we know how character DLC is being handled (minus the bonus character piranha plant) 1 character 1 stage & music with 5 of those packs in a season pass with a rex mii costume bonus for the season pass.... A REX MII OUTFIT !

just B/C they didn't say anything about it BUT what about Mii costume DLC ? & just stage DLC ? Smash 4 even got Stage & Mii outfit packs sold togeter or seprate ! what if the minecraft contend is just a stage & a steve mii outfit swordfighter with a dimond sword ? & they got that deal when they got banjo ?

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT ! but it could be a thing & I wouldn't of beleved it untill I remembered smash 4 did it & the rex Mii outfit is a thing so yeah

what do you guys think ?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
papagenos papagenos could you reach out to your source and see if he can get some updates from his source?

They are just "given" info from their microsoft source, have to be a bit vague here sorry, so they will not get any new info from me asking.

Again I sadly have to concede that hitagi seems way more certain than anything I have heard from my source.

though I'm wary that hitagi is SO certain of seemingly every detail surrounding the DLC characters.

I'm far more inclined to believe vergebens "a SE rep but not sure which one, has heard several" and "minecraft content but unsure if a playable character or what". This sort of info seems more likely than hitagi implying that he knows which characters were the choices sakurai was given from nintendo to choose for DLC. hitagi didnt say that outright but it seems to be implied that he's privy to such info by saying banjo wasnt even a choice.

So again make your own assessment here.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
OK here is another thing (that I have been guilty of untill just thinking about it right now)

we know how character DLC is being handled (minus the bonus character piranha plant) 1 character 1 stage & music with 5 of those packs in a season pass with a rex mii costume bonus for the season pass.... A REX MII OUTFIT !

just B/C they didn't say anything about it BUT what about Mii costume DLC ? & just stage DLC ? Smash 4 even got Stage & Mii outfit packs sold togeter or seprate ! what if the minecraft contend is just a stage & a steve mii outfit swordfighter with a dimond sword ? & they got that deal when they got banjo ?

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT ! but it could be a thing & I wouldn't of beleved it untill I remembered smash 4 did it & the rex Mii outfit is a thing so yeah

what do you guys think ?
I hope that's the case because I really want Banjo & Kazooie in this dream roster of a game.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
papagenos papagenos well based on multiple leakers....OK can we all agree to call all txt based "leaks" what they really are RUMORS from now on pls?
that we will get steve with mostly no word on banjo as most rumors don't say a thing about him

as for your source papa I would say maybe they hears about negotiations ? & steve was picked over banjo? or banjo is being held back to season pass 2?
"Leaks" in general should be regarded as mere rumors unless they turn out to be right.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yep, Papa is on TeamReal. When he is sure about something, you can trust him.
I've gotten things very wrong in the past haha (i believed the grinch leak), I've also gotten some things right but I am by no means someone who's worth following 100% as I am just a fan making assumptions and guesses based on info like anyone else.

The one "leak" I was told that came true was "spirits replace trophies and act like stickers did" and that was not from the same source as the source telling me about banjo.

Totally possible. I have no idea the extent of when or how the microsoft source got their info and why they claim to be "sure" of banjo.

[edit] "leak" seems to just be the vernacular the smash community decided upon for any rumor/leak/claim of inside info etc... so I use the term, but truthfully something is only a "leak" in retrospective once its true.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've gotten things very wrong in the past haha (i believed the grinch leak), I've also gotten some things right but I am by no means someone who's worth following 100% as I am just a fan making assumptions and guesses based on info like anyone else.

The one "leak" I was told that came true was "spirits replace trophies and act like stickers did" and that was not from the same source as the source telling me about banjo.

Totally possible. I have no idea the extent of when or how the microsoft source got their info and why they claim to be "sure" of banjo.

[edit] "leak" seems to just be the vernacular the smash community decided upon for any rumor/leak/claim of inside info etc... so I use the term, but truthfully something is only a "leak" in retrospective once its true.
I believed in the Grinch leak too Papa. Also, it doesn't hurt putting faith in good trusting people like you.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
papagenos papagenos yeah your source is a M$ source so I can see how they would know of banjo but not of much else its not like they have ties with nintendo themselves so I could see how they could of been fooled by the grinch leak as you said they heard of characters Ken being in & Isaac & shadow being "IN" buts as AT & they even said they were surprised at no Incinaroar so I'm not shocked they would of fallen for it as it was a GOD TIER leak lol

if minecraft content IS in smash then I'm sure anyone at M$ who would know about it would ehter of heard or be thinking about banjo as well with the fan demand. I couldn't imagin ninetendo & M$ talking about steve without saying anything about banjo at one point or another (maybe even master chief he dose have a new game coming soon)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
We also could consider the possibility on how people like Hitagi get their information. Let's say Hitagi has a person, for this exercise let's call him Contact A. Contact A calls up Hitagi on his flip phone but doesn't have many minutes left, so he's brief. "Hitagi, my man / my gal, I saw some footage of the Minecraft content today at a press meeting! Steve is totally in and he builds all sorts of **** on a really cool Minecraft stage!" But Contact A is just in the business of being a person invited to Press Conferences and doesn't realize that it's just a Minecraft stage and Steve is part of the stage, building things much in the way of Kamek does for the Mario stage.

I'm just saying that until we know officially what kind of content is being released officially, we don't know. We really don't. There's of course a very real possibility we'll get Steve, a Dragon Quest Slime, Katalina, and other random things, but do you truly think that's what Nintendo wants to choose?

I don't know any more than any of you guys, but you can't let yourself get in a rut and not look forward to the game! I'll be happy with whatever they release, Banjo or not.

(Would I cry and sob tears of joy like a 30 year old man child in whatever public place I would be in when the Banjo trailer dropped? Absolutely. But it's going to be a great game either way, they always are!)

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
@Connorb0t2 Told you we ****ing getting Steve from Minecraft & we an't getting banjo Phil lied to us ! heck banjo won't even be on the N64 Mini Nintendo dosn't care. I. AM. NOT. PAYING. 5. $. FOR. ****ing. STEVE ! a boring bland blocky non character that people just skin over
Phil never said Banjo was in. Him wanting it still leaves the obstacle of Nintendo having to want Banjo, so we don't know if he lied to us yet and we don't know where Banjo is at right now. Furthermore, until we know why Hitagi doesn't think Banjo has a good chance, we won't know whether to agree or not. Let's just wait till we have more information to make assumptions.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I'm alrady in a rut or at least I keep flip floping abouut how I feel :/ guess IDK how I actually feel ?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
JonSmash, we get it, really we do. There aren't 6,000+ posts in this thread because we don't like Banjo. You're allowed to have feelings. But like the poster above you said, we don't know the situation surrounding Banjo. Maybe Phil really wasn't willing to make a deal, maybe he was asking too much, maybe Rare wanted to hold off for a little if they really have a BK revival planned and didn't want Smash to lessen the impact, maybe Nintendo really didn't want to bring back the duo quite yet, or maybe there is a myriad of business complications that came in the way. The big hitters that got in this Smash game are K.Rool, Ridley, and Inkling, all which Nintendo owns rights to. (Yeah, Rool was a Rare bro, but my understanding is that Nintendo kept DK rights.)

There's a good chance we'll never know the details leading up to character inclusion or lack thereof, which doesn't help. But please don't let speculating hurt your health.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah venting about it here with you guys dose help tho its still fun to talk about with you guys but I'm going to keep my expectations low since nintendo is doing the DLC picking

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I wouldn't put much stock behind this Hitagi guy, if Microsoft was ever involved, Banjo-Kazooie would have most definitely come up through Phil Spencer alone.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I wouldn't put much stock behind this Hitagi guy, if Microsoft was ever involved, Banjo-Kazooie would have most definitely come up through Phil Spencer alone.
Also probably Sakurai himself, if he really did take the ballot into consideration. I know Hitagi implied that they didn't, but that's kind of ridiculous when K. Rool is in the game, and never would have been if not for the ballot. That's the only thing that convinces me that Banjo still has a sliver of a chance, the fact that he presumably did so well, and we pretty much know from the Steve/Minecraft leaks that they're working with Microsoft. But two Microsoft reps as DLC? Maybe not likely, but we can hope they see Minecraft as more of a "Mojang" rep, and Banjo as more of a "Rare" rep, we'll see.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
For the record I don't want Banjo & Kazooie because they are a Rare rep. I want them because they are cool. At this point I just want anything, a spirit, an assist trophy, just having them not be there when so many other obscure characters are at least being acknowledged will be a real disappointment

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If they get anything in the game it would be playable. It is playable or just for the duo

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
For the record I don't want Banjo & Kazooie because they are a Rare rep. I want them because they are cool. At this point I just want anything, a spirit, an assist trophy, just having them not be there when so many other obscure characters are at least being acknowledged will be a real disappointment
A bear with a bird in a backpack? Heck yeah, they're cool.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There is always the possibility that Phil and Microsoft would bring up Banjo, But Nintendo would probably only be interested in Minecraft and decline on Banjo-Kazooie, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo tried to sweep their history with Banjo-Kazooie under the rug, I mean look at how long it took for the DK franchise to get back on it's feet after the buyout and to bring back King K. Rool.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I want them in for a variety of different reasons, and a Rare rep is one of those reasons. But sure yeah, their coolness is totally another reason! But being a Rare rep is a huge freakin' deal that shouldn't be discredited either. Just the fact that they can represent Nintendo's reunion with Rare for this game would be reason enough to want them in, there's nothing I'd want more than that, and if Smash Bros. can act as the gateway for that relationship to come about, I'd be thrilled. But they do have a ton of reasons why they would fit so well into Smash, like their moveset, personality and characteristics, cartoonish and charming character design, and gimmicks, they're all good reasons, and I want them in for all of them.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I wouldn't hold your breath, Sakurai pretty plainly stated that we were done getting news for this game for the rest of the year. But in terms of Banjo news outside of Smash? Maybe... heh, funny that I'd even think an actual new Banjo-Kazooie game is more likely than Banjo in Smash, because that's totally believable... /s hahahaaa

As for the leak. This Hitagi guy isn't Vergeben. Sure, Verge said he might maybe be reliable enough, but he wasn't the source that gave him all of the earlier and accurate predictions, so I would most definitely be skeptical of his information. He's predicted nothing for Smash so far from what I hear (correct me if I'm wrong), so why should we all of a sudden listen and react as if this is all 100% confirmed, when it's far from it.

Top Bottom