• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As someone who recently played and beat Banjo-Kazooie for the first time a little while ago, and a firm believer that the leak has a ton of credibility behind it, I just wanna say I'm rooting for you guys. I never thought BK would be in this game as base. DLC, maybe, but not base. But I hope everything comes true and you guys get the duo pair you're rooting for.
What did you think of Banjo-Kazooie ? and are you thinking of playing the sequel Banjo-Tooie?

If you enjoyed the 1st game then I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's crazy that just a week ago we got this leak. And now tomorrow we're going to find out whether or not it's true. What a roller coaster ride it's been.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Dropping in from the Geno thread to wish you guys the best of luck. I'm certain that tomorrow we'll see the return of everyone's favorite bear and bird. Maybe we'll even get Mumbo-Jumbo as an assist trophy, who knows.

Keep the faith...

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the leak is obveusy real, I bet they made the direct on Nov 1st just B/C of the leak LOL #TeamReal !

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've decided all this speculation is bad for my health so I'm taking leave of this place until tomorrow. No matter what comes tomorrow, this'll be my last post till then.

1530306742931.gif

I
I BELIEVE
I BELIEVE IN
I BELIEVE IN THE BEAR AND BIRD

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
Let's hope it becomes a reality tomorrow! I've been waiting a long time for my favorite bear and bird to come home. Just knowing it is a possibility is enough to hype me.

Good luck to everyone else's favorites as well!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I want the bear and bird to be in Ultimate.

Iv'e never played Banjo-Kazooie,Tooie,nuts and bolt and the GBA games, but Iv'e watched lets' play of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie.
Theses let's play were done by my favorite youtubers when I was younger, so Banjo and Kazooie hold a special place in my hearth.

I'll try to get an original N64 cartdrige of Banjo-Kazooie , this way it'll be the true bear'n'bird experience.

Even if the duo is'nt announced tomorrow, i'll still be rooting for you guys.

You've waited long enough for them to comeback , like the Geno and Isaac fans.

You deserve it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Banjoroos?
https://twitter.com/theabetus/status/1057702228742598656?s=12
Has this been discussed or debunked???
God damn bros
I feel like if it was real more than one person would have taken a picture of it.

Honestly I'm not sure what to believe going into the direct tomorrow. I'm pretty familiar with post direct blues, so it's making me feel like the Grinch leak is more likely to be fake.

It's hard to imagine being so happy after a direct to be honest. :p

D

Deleted member

Coming from the Isaac thread to support you guys. I also finally 100% BK for the first time in my life last night on my Xbox One. Granted, I know the XBLA version is the easier version because it saves your Note and Jinjo counts, but I still was so thrilled to finally do it.

I also agree that Jinjonator should be the Final Smash

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Coming from the Isaac thread to support you guys. I also finally 100% BK for the first time in my life last night on my Xbox One. Granted, I know the XBLA version is the easier version because it saves your Note and Jinjo counts, but I still was so thrilled to finally do it.

I also agree that Jinjonator should be the Final Smash
Next you should play Banjo-Tooie, it's a great sequel I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Next you should play Banjo-Tooie, it's a great sequel Ihighly recommend it.
Actually, I was more of a Banjo-Tooie kind of person. That's how I started. Seeing Bottles die at the beginning makes me laugh every time I watch.

The fact it was more plot-driven allowed for more dialogue, which resulted in some very humorous lines from Kazooie herself, who is my favorite of the pair.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually, I was more of a Banjo-Tooie kind of person. That's how I started. Seeing Bottles die at the beginning makes me laugh every time I watch.

The fact it was more plot-driven allowed for more dialogue, which resulted in some very humorous lines from Kazooie herself, who is my favorite of the pair.
I played Banjo-Tooie before I played Banjo-Kazooie, it was how I got introduced to the series too. it's my favorite Banjo game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Wishing you guys the best of luck for tomorrow! Can’t think of a better character to wrap it all up.

And even if he doesn’t get in now, there’s always DLC!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Good luck guys. As a fan of both Geno and Banjo, I wish you the best for tomorrow's direct.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just popping in to say good luck! I’m a huge Isaac fan and Banjo is my number 2, so I really hope we’re all smiling tomorrow. Let’s get jiggy with it, fellas.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I joined the support list BEFORE the banner came out. Now I'm a real Banjo fan and no one can say I'm just jumping on the bandwagon lol.

SO HYPE

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello, Banjo Boomers...
Just speaking on the behalf of the Chorus Kids Gang to inform you that we are rooting for your Bear and Bird combo and all of the Grinchy seven...
We already know who it feels like for a character to be heavily rumored, only to not get in, and I hope it doesn't happen again for any of us...
BanjoBanjoTooie1.jpg

"Guh Huh"on...

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey guys, dropping in from the Isaac thread to say that I'm rooting for you. I loved playing Banjo-Tooie back when I was a kid (I didn't get to play the original until the 360 re-release, go figure) and even played Nuts & Bolts back in the day, so suffice to say I love the bird and bear. Heck, I even backed the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter, so I've put my money where my mouth is. I've never really expected the pair to be in Smash, but I know I'd be very excited to see them, so here's hoping we'll be seeing a reveal tomorrow!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I just thougt of something ? did geno ever have a voice ? what will he sound like in smash ?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What's up Banjobros! Isaacbro here to wish you all the best of luck! While my favorite Rare game (and favorite game of all time) was Jet Force Gemini, Banjo&Kazooie make SO much sense to not only be in Smash, but to finally have Rare in among Nintendo again after so many years! Like a lost sheep has been found!

I am also 95% real on the Grinch leak. With that said, The Grinch Crew shall rise victorious and save Smash hype!

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I got my alarm set. I'm not saying the leak is real because clearly the 100 pages of debate on the general discussion thread proves people see evidence for both sides. I just hope Banjo is in, or at least we get a bunch of characters people want and we don't just get a hard deconfirmation for DLC. Otherwise i will be depressed all day at work tomorrow.

So far though all characters have been fan favorites, so i expect nothing but excellence tomorrow in some form

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Good luck my fellow Banjobros. Remember, if the Bear and Bird are a no-show tomorrow, there's always DLC. Never lose hope.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
On the topic of Banjo-Kazooie vs Banjo-Tooie, I actually preferred Banjo-Tooie in the long run. BK was obviously the foundation that inspired so many games alongside OoT, SM64 and a few other games and I loved it, but Tooie just felt more rugged and unrefined and is the one I play when I think of Banjo from time to time, and I liked it for the same reason I liked Donkey Kong 64... If that makes any sense. There was a lot of open-ended stuff in Tooie, and it wasn't linear in the slightest, and I tend to really like games like that, even though many people do not. I also liked Tooie's darker tone and how some of the returning characters got fleshed out even more (except for poor Bottles, lol).

Anywho, less than 12 hours to go... This is surreal to think that all the madness and BS is nearly over.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
We're so close to the end everyone. Let's hope for the big day to bring us the bear and bird!

Top Bottom