• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
I'm with you guys when it comes to getting nervous about them being in or not. Even though there really is no reason for doubt with all this evidence around. I shouldn't let those people's thoughts and lies get to me.

Or as Gruntilda would say:
Grunty_Speaking.gif

"They're horrible, those calling the leak fake,
if Banjo isn't in, even my heart will break!"

By the way, today is Halloween, which is the perfect moment to continue my Banjo Kazooie playthrough which I last ended before Mad Monster Mansion.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm with you guys when it comes to getting nervous about them being in or not. Even though there really is no reason for doubt with all this evidence around. I shouldn't let those people's thoughts and lies get to me.

View attachment 173954

By the way, today is Halloween, which is the perfect moment to continue my Banjo Kazooie playthrough which I last ended before Mad Monster Mansion.
That's funny and coincidence, I just beat Banjo-Kazooie this past Saturday and started playing Banjo-Tooie on Monday and I'm about to enter the the 3rd world (Witchy World)

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
It's kind of funny how mostly everyone was on his side and were giving him credit for the E3 leaks and now here comes "The Grinch" dropping a bombshell of a leak and trying to steal the show and now he's saying the leak is fake and now everyone is turning against him, I also got sick of Verge too and thinks he's the only one with legit sources, I hope Grinch shuts him up, ruins his reputation and ends this arguement once and for all.
Dude, I’ve been sick of him.

His predictions may have been correct before, but people really have blown his credibility way out of proportion. Not saying he could not possibly have sources, but we have nothing to go off of other than his word. Those are not leaks I waste my time thinking about. I certainly do not use those leaks to alter my predictions.

Let us not forget there was a period in discussion where people were literally convinced that the final roster reveals were Incineroar, Ken, and a square representative, which were courtesy of having far too much faith in Verge.

So really, Vergeben himself never bothered me so much—- he was just another leaker in my eyes. It was mostly his following that I feel jumped to too many conclusions at some points in speculation.

I stand by the Grinch leak personally. It looks convincing—- with actual graphical evidence. Vergeben writes posts like every other 4chan/reddit leaker with the same ingenuine vague sourcing. Does he know anything? Does he not know anything? I don’t know, and I will never know until these final reveals take place.

I always made it a point to wait it out. This is where it comes full circle. This is my one and only mini-Verge rant.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

His predictions may have been correct before, but people really have blown his credibility way out of proportion. Not saying he could not possibly have sources, but we have nothing to go off of other than his word. Those are not leaks I waste my time thinking about. I certainly do not use those leaks to alter my predictions.

Let us not forget there was a period in discussion where people were literally convinced that the final roster reveals were Incineroar, Ken, and a square representative, which were courtesy of having far too much faith in Verge.

So really, Vergeben himself never bothered me so much—- he was just another leaker in my eyes. It was mostly his following that I feel jumped to too many conclusions at some points in speculation.

I stand by the Grinch leak personally. It looks convincing—- with actual graphical evidence. Vergeben writes posts like every other 4chan/reddit leaker with the same ingenuine vague sourcing. Does he know anything? Does he not know anything? I don’t know, and I will never know until these final reveals take place.

I always made it a point to wait it out. This is where it comes full circle. This is my one and only mini-Verge rant.
I completely understand. Heck, there's a guy on Deviantart who's convinced the Grinch Leak is fake, and has stated the big reason why is because Incineroar is missing from the image.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I think I'll just take a break today from all the speculation. Tomorrow we will know anyways!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Also, Happy Halloween, everyone! Hopefully the bear and bird are confirmed tomorrow morning!

Happy Halloween Banjo Kazooie fans,

here is a new remix, which is quite grand.

It's quite fitting, considering the upcoming special day,

Let's hope this Thursday, bear and bird come out to play!

Ive just finished Tooie, it's ridiculously detailed and deep. Enjoyed every bit of it, though I missed out on one dynamite stick and clinker in those egg shooting challenges a few times, which was annoying.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Same.

Never was big into Verge, but I’ve always been excited for the definitive announcement that would lay all of the arguing to rest.

Our answer comes November 1.
Verges source could be confusing Isaac for Matthew as an AT.

Also, bit late to just drop an AT reveal as your 'leak' under 48 hours away from the direct.

He's saving face. He's wrong. Incineroar was cut content/leak bait all along. He was only correct about his information up to a point, which was E3.
I hate that Vergben waited till now to say anything. Where was he during the drought month but no he has to interject right before the direct
He didn't say anything because the only legit info he may have had was around E3. After that he's been bull****ing and guessing the whole time and now it finally caught up to him.
Regardless of whether or not Verge is right, he needs to be banned from "leaking" stuff after this. He causes nothing but trouble.
God I hope he's wrong. I'm tired of how smug he seems to be about the Smash stuff
It's kind of funny how mostly everyone was on his side and were giving him credit for the E3 leaks and now here comes "The Grinch" dropping a bombshell of a leak and trying to steal the show and now he's saying the leak is fake and now everyone is turning against him, I also got sick of Verge too and thinks he's the only one with legit sources, I hope Grinch shuts him up, ruins his reputation and ends this arguement once and for all.
This is Vergeben right now:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey Banjo supporters! I know it is scary right now. How the world is out against you and want your dreams crushed. Don't let them get under your skin.

You, Isaac and Geno have been wanted for so many years. We have stuck together in our beliefs that they will be in. Don't let them be for naught.

If they don't make it, let us continue our hopes and dreams onto the next road. This bus keeps on riding until one day they get off to enter Smash.

Let no-one deter you from your beliefs. Let your faith be your shield.

Good luck tomorrow!
-Isaac supporter

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hey Banjo supporters! I know it is scary right now. How the world is out against you and want your dreams crushed. Don't let them get under your skin.

You, Isaac and Geno have been wanted for so many years. We have stuck together in our beliefs that they will be in. Don't let them be for naught.

If they don't make it, let us continue our hopes and dreams onto the next road. This bus keeps on riding until one day they get off to enter Smash.

Let no-one deter you from your beliefs. Let your faith be your shield.

Good luck tomorrow!
-Isaac supporter
We'll be rooting for you guys as well! If Issac and Geno and the others are getting in, hopefully Banjo & Kazooie shan't be far behind!

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it and look back at my gaming history, What's kind of funny is that growing up I was always a fan of Rareware, I just didn't realize it. (Being a kid you don't really pay attention to company's or developers that much)
Same here. N64 was my very first console, although I got used to the SNES since my cousin had it and we lived in the same neighborhood so we always played DKC2, DKC3 and Mario World together. Therefore, I wanted a Donkey Kong game for myself so bad, so when my mom finally decided to buy me a console we had the option to choose between a PS1 or a N64, I chose the latter since they had Donkey Kong 64 on the shelves (circa early 2000). That was my very first game and I still have it and treasure it. Then I got several others including Rare-produced games such as Conker, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct Gold.

Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie) were actually the last of the acclaimed Rare games that I got to play! I think I was like 17 or 18 at the time (2007) and It never got my full attention before that time despite being featured on the back of my N64 console box (it featured a handful of critics' choice games i.e. OOT, B-K, etc). I've always enjoyed collect-a-thons, so obviously I absolutely enjoyed B-K but moreso the characters, Kazooie is still my favorite female character because of her sassiness, sarcasm and sense of humor. Then I discovered Banjo Tooie which is my favorite game of all time. The deeper complexity, new abilites, levels, amazing OST and many other aspects are what make it so perfect for me. Banjo and Kazooie appearing in Smash would be my gaming dream come true, as i'd be able to play with my two all-time favorite characters (Banjo&Kazooie and Greninja).

As for the leaks discussion I won't lose my mind by reading all these "e-celebs" desperate attempts to get more followers. Gladly it all will end by tomorrow... until DLC discussion comes up (which makes B-K even more likely since if we gon't get them tomorrow we'll SURELY get them as DLC because they're the most requested characters as of now)

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

100% this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bit of a side topic but do you think Banjo Kazooie will be on the N64 mini?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I would love the leak to be real because it would mean my beloved backpacking bear & bird would finally return to Nintendo in the coolest most unexpected way possible, as part of the BASE roster for Smash, after YEARS of telling myself it was impossible. That their ship had sailed. That Duck Hunt would be the only mammal & bird combination I would ever get to play as in Super Smash Bros.. I can't guarantee that unfortunately despite wanting it more than anything. But I'm gonna keep my expectations low, my hopes high, and hold my breath all throughout today and tomorrow morning leading up to the Direct. I hope if anything the Issac fans, the Geno fans, the Chorus Kids and Mach Rider fans, even the Shadow and Ken fans will get what they want. The bear and bird are a dream and I will go absolutely nuts if they are included, finally, after all these years. The absolute ONLY characters I could ever truly want in Super Smash Bros. I hope tomorrow is a good day. But I will stay positive even if they don't make it in. Maybe DLC will be more promising. It would just be nice if they actually managed to be part of the base roster, defying all odds.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 173954

That's funny and coincidence, I just beat Banjo-Kazooie this past Saturday and started playing Banjo-Tooie on Monday and I'm about to enter the the 3rd world (Witchy World)
I just finished replaying Banjo-Kazooie last week and Banjo-Tooie this past Monday. So I'm all ready for Ultimate.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Bit of a side topic but do you think Banjo Kazooie will be on the N64 mini?
It's interesting how so many factors are adding up on their anniversary. Possibly being in Smash, rumors of an N64 classic (though never any mention of Rare involved), and speculation of a Banjo game at the XO18 conference. I'd be happy with at least getting one, but if I could only choose one, I choose Smash--I can play the games whenever I want, and I have more confidence in Sakurai than Rare to get Banjo & Kazooie right.

I'm still confident in the leak at 75% as all the evidence seems to be lining up despite the consensus of insiders--it's possible Bandai Namco has spread information that playable characters were ATs as a means to avoid giving any potential leaks credibility, and Verge confirmed my predictions by saying Isaac was an assist. That being said, it's very possible that the banner is not real, as all the evidence is circumstantial and explainable (it's a lot to have to explain, though). And one worry is that at this point I would think media insiders would have surely gotten their full press materials this close to the Direct.

Who knows! We'll know, in about a day. Whether real or fake, 40 minutes is a lot of Smash and will no doubt have many surprises and be an awesome presentation. I'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst--but I do home this is the time Banjo & Kazooie come back home to their Nintendo family.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Same here. N64 was my very first console, although I got used to the SNES since my cousin had it and we lived in the same neighborhood so we always played DKC2, DKC3 and Mario World together. Therefore, I wanted a Donkey Kong game for myself so bad, so when my mom finally decided to buy me a console we had the option to choose between a PS1 or a N64, I chose the latter since they had Donkey Kong 64 on the shelves (circa early 2000). That was my very first game and I still have it and treasure it. Then I got several others including Rare-produced games such as Conker, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct Gold.

Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie) were actually the last of the acclaimed Rare games that I got to play! I think I was like 17 or 18 at the time (2007) and It never got my full attention before that time despite being featured on the back of my N64 console box (it featured a handful of critics' choice games i.e. OOT, B-K, etc). I've always enjoyed collect-a-thons, so obviously I absolutely enjoyed B-K but moreso the characters, Kazooie is still my favorite female character because of her sassiness, sarcasm and sense of humor. Then I discovered Banjo Tooie which is my favorite game of all time. The deeper complexity, new abilites, levels, amazing OST and many other aspects are what make it so perfect for me. Banjo and Kazooie appearing in Smash would be my gaming dream come true, as i'd be able to play with my two all-time favorite characters (Banjo&Kazooie and Greninja).

As for the leaks discussion I won't lose my mind by reading all these "e-celebs" desperate attempts to get more followers. Gladly it all will end by tomorrow... until DLC discussion comes up (which makes B-K even more likely since if we gon't get them tomorrow we'll SURELY get them as DLC because they're the most requested characters as of now)
Great to see another Greninja player, He was the main newcomer I added to my arsenal on Wii U and was really able to master him too, Plan on still being part of my core in Ultimate.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Great to see another Greninja player, He was the main newcomer I added to my arsenal on Wii U and was really able to master him too, Plan on still being part of my core in Ultimate.
I've prided myself on trying to master every playable character in every version of Smash to date, so I've never truly had a main. The closest would be Mario in every version of Smash to date. That being said, if Banjo & Kazooie are truly in this game, for the first time ever, I would be maining the **** out of them.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
My Squad Strike team will be Banjo, Isaac, Geno, K.rool & Ridley ! the dream team !

Also Serebii Joe said this :
"Leak - A confirmed bit of information that was released early.
Rumour - Something with questionable authenticity.
Fake - Something not true."

why was everyone calling verge a leaker ? he never leaked anything he just spread TXT rumours of things he "heard"

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder all of these """"insiders"""" can't come to a single consensus on what the final roster is despite the direct being 24 hours away, these people claim they have sources, they never say anything explicitly despite the information they're given, they make ambiguous statements that have sufficient wording to backpedal on if wrong, they're in connections with each other for the most part in some capacity to discuss this information. Previous leakers with credibility such as Loz have vanished, the ones that have stayed like Vergeben are just hedging their bets at this point and haven't dropped anything meaningful thats been proven since.

Its been over a week and this leak still hasn't been debunked properly, including the circumstances around it would have to mean its the most ridiculously elaborate fake ever.

Whether real or not, I think these literal who's on twitter have been nothing more than a disturbance, not in any service to people rather than to just net themselves attention to spoil rosters for a fighting game for some weird post-announcement clout on social media. It'd be a bonus to the leak being real to watch these pretenders squirm. They've been lying about their evidence or misled since E3, Namco-Bandai has been more than clear about misleading insider information to trap leakers.

I guarantee thats been done to most of them.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My Squad Strike team will be Banjo, Isaac, Geno, K.rool & Ridley ! the dream team !
I've established that if the leak is real, my Squad Strike will consist of one member of each playable roster from each game. So, that would consist of:

• Mario (Super Smash Bros. 64)
  • Mewtwo (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
  • King Dedede (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Little Mac (Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Nintendo 3DS)
  • Banjo & Kazooie (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)
Provided the leak is real, of course, which I pray it is. This would be my dream team!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
TheZoologist TheZoologist

That sounds like a fun made up "Game Mode" to play. you heve to have one fighter from eatch smash game on your team
I've been coming up with quite a few game ideas for Ultimate that sound fun, kind of like Event Matches, if you will.

One particular one I would like to try is a 4 - 8 player timed match where one person is Dr. Mario and everyone else chooses their character of choice. Only items allowed are healing items, so Heart Containers, Maxim Tomatoes, Food, Fairy Bottles, Healing Fields, and, if Team Battles are on, Team Healers. No one can hurt Dr. Mario, he's the field medic, and his job is to 'heal' as many people as possible before the time runs out. He can protect healing items and point them out to players so they can heal themselves, and the Fairy Bottle in particular is one Dr. Mario can use to heal others with since he can pick it up and throw at anyone in need of it.

Just an idea.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
As someone who recently played and beat Banjo-Kazooie for the first time a little while ago, and a firm believer that the leak has a ton of credibility behind it, I just wanna say I'm rooting for you guys. I never thought BK would be in this game as base. DLC, maybe, but not base. But I hope everything comes true and you guys get the duo pair you're rooting for.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW YOU GUYS, I HOPE YOUR LOVABLE DUO GETS IN!
View attachment 174014
-Chorus Kids supporter
As someone who recently played and beat Banjo-Kazooie for the first time a little while ago, and a firm believer that the leak has a ton of credibility behind it, I just wanna say I'm rooting for you guys. I never thought BK would be in this game as base. DLC, maybe, but not base. But I hope everything comes true and you guys get the duo pair you're rooting for.
Thank you guys!!!! I'm very interested in the Chorus Kids now after people pointed out the Conductor in the Grinch leak. After realizing that, and them being one of the first characters I spotted in the leak, I was rooting for them! I love the idea of you controlling them through the Conductor like the Pokemon Trainer controls their Pokemon!

And yes, I never imagined the possibility of them being included in the base game of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Maybe DLC, but not this. If this leak is true, my (our) dreams will finally have come true and Banjo & Kazooie can finally come home to Nintendo in the coolest reunion ever! To be able to play with them upon unlocking them in the base game (they'll be the very last characters I unlock, save the best for last) as soon as I retrieve my game... that will be amazing!

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Remember: No matter how credible a leak is or sounds, it will never be real unless everything in it comes true. Do not expect Banjo; hope for him instead. Because it's when you start to expect that someone's in based on things that may or may not be true that you truly lose sight of your goals and dreams.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Remember: No matter how credible a leak is or sounds, it will never be real unless everything in it comes true. Do not expect Banjo; hope for him instead. Because it's when you start to expect that someone's in based on things that may or may not be true that you truly lose sight of your goals and dreams.
That's my whole philosophy right now. I'm Team 'God-I-Hope-It's-Real' but until we see the Direct tomorrow, nothing's confirmed.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Im gonna be late to the party Banjo-roos, turns out I have work tomarrow morning and I don't get off until 2 hours after the direct, Press F to pay respects.

(And Happy Halloween!)

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well, arrived at the Banjo & Kazooie thread. I feel like we are all in this together. Is Grinch real or is Grinch fake? I want to wish you guys lots of luck, and I will cheer for the bear & bird!

-a Chorus Kids supporter

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, arrived at the Banjo & Kazooie thread. I feel like we are all in this together. Is Grinch real or is Grinch fake? I want to wish you guys lots of luck, and I will cheer for the bear & bird!

-a Chorus Kids supporter
Good luck to you as well! We really are all in this together! Issac, Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Ken, Shadow, and Banjo-Kazooie supporters all have a stake in this Direct. We just need to keep our heads cool and try and be supportive of one another, for good or bad! Hopefully everything will work out tomorrow and November 1st will become a day to remember!

Top Bottom