• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Good luck from the Isaac Army! I loved Banjo-Kazooie even though I was no good at it when I was a kid! All the best, I hope we all get our wishes!

D

Deleted member

Good luck from the Isaac Army! I loved Banjo-Kazooie even though I was no good at it when I was a kid! All the best, I hope we all get our wishes!
Good luck to you as well! and screw vergeben! Because he is wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

grizby2

Smash Lord
hello Banjo thread! I know I don't post here often, but.. seeing how the final day approaches, i feel formalities are in order.

my dear friends. I truly hope your Bird N' Bear duo gets announced. i'll be away from smash boards until I watch the direct, but i'll be celebrating with you guys in spirit! hes been a dream for most of us ever since the hay days of yore.

just because we frequent different threads, doesn't mean we're not in this together, because we ARE in this together! we're less than a day away from all of our hopes and dreams. good luck my bois!

LETS GO!!!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I meant to post in here a loooong time ago, but I guess now is better than never. I totally support Banjo, and with the Grinch on his side, I think he's probably in. I'm rooting for ya!

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Best of luck from the Issac thread! If our Golden Boi won't make it, then it's all up to the Bear and Bird to take us to victory!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just popping in from the Isaac thread to wish the Bird and Bear all the best. I don't really post here, but Banjo and Kazooie have been a long-time dream wish of mine since Phil said it would be possible back in Smash 4's Ballot. Here's to crossing the finish line with you all come the conclusion of the Final Direct!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Sup Banjo & Kazooie supporters,

I'm just dropping by from the Geno and the Skull Kid threads to wish you all good luck for the direct!

Nothing is set in stone, anything is possible!

Have a good one!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well this is it. The day is finally upon us. A dream may finally come true for me and a lot of you. Banjo & Kazooie have been a long-awaited newcomer pick for years and years. I have dreaming about this for a long long time. I won't able to watch the direct live since I'll be at work so I won't able to see it until tomorrow night because I'll be busy after work with martial arts classes.

Fellow B-K fans, it has been a pleasure to be with you all during this speculation period of Smash. I will actually cry tears of joy if they are officially confirmed.
20181031_224409.jpg

This is a Banjo & Kazooie plush that I've had since I was a kid. I am so eager with anticipation. I'm ready. This is their time. I repeat. THIS IS THEIR TIME!!! May the fortunes smile over the chosen ones. Good luck to all of the support groups!

LET'S GO!!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I gotta stop checking my phone at 3 am.

I don't care about the N64 mini, but i know its one of Nintendo's only financial reasons to promote Banjo in Smash, thus i know if it is true that it increases his chances.

Not sure if its true, but the fact that list includes Puyo Puyo Sun 64 makes it more believable than most N64 mini lists. Puyo 64 was Japan's first N64 puzzle game, 17 months after the consoles launch in the country. This puzzle drought resulted in it being a decently high seller along with Puyo's inherent popularity. Most people don't know this fact as they know nothing of the N64 library, and since Sega owns Puyo now it would be an easy game to negotiate for the Japanese N64 mini.

Anyway, i pray for Banjo. Gotta try to sleep now damnit

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
One last reminder to never make assumptions, even if the N64 mini is indeed happening, even with Rare games, it doesn't 100% mean Banjo in Smash.

With that out of the way...

Holy ****ing ****. If Banjo gets in, I might actually cry. Tomorrow, the bear and bird might just come home. Let us pray that tomorrow delivers good news, but don't be too down if it doesn't - DLC will always be a possibility.

Last edited:

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Just wanted to drop by from the Geno thread to give you guys my support for Banjo. I truly do believe all of us will get what we want tomorrow.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Right now my current feelings is that how ACL-PLV have responded to this leak is the kicker. It's the one thing that really stands up for this leak being real. I don't care what their current situation is or whether they have a spokesperson or what have you, not attempting to make some kind of statement defending themselves is just bad business practice. Why are they letting other people control the narrative surrounding them? Other people have said similar things, their silence makes them suspicious....and if people are suspicious they'll end up assuming they're guilty of breaking NDA.

I mean excuse me if I'm ignorant but wasn't the Marina statement posted on Facebook? Facebook doesn't exactly have a high barrier to entry, everyone and their mom can set up an account in a couple of minutes. You don't need to have a "spokesperson" to be motivated to dismiss completely unsubstantiated claims against you and your business.

You're telling me their name has been dragged through the mud and they're not going to say anything for themselves? Even though they know they're innocent because they haven't been working on Smash Bros material? (if this leak is fake the likelihood that they haven't been working with Nintendo goes up by a lot)

On top of that they removed their office tour video from Youtube on a Sunday, having to contact a bank to do so on a day that it's presumably not even open. People have suggested that maybe they just decided the video was out of date and decided to remove it but what are the chances of them deciding to that on that weekend of all weekends......and on a weekend at all for that matter. It would be more sensible to have the video taken down on a weekday, it's not a life or death situation after all to want to remove an out of date video.

ACP-PLV reacted silently to the leak last Sunday, the big question is why?

I'm not saying this to be like "Yes look I've found proof!" but I do think this is the one thing about the leak being real that stands out.

Edit: I was going to post this in the Isaac thread but posted it here. I guess it's still relevant! :p

Last edited:

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Well, folks? Six hours from now and we'll have the final answer. The fightin' lads of Custom Robo hope that we'll all be getting jiggy with it come 7PM PST!

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
I'm so excited but as usual i'm taking it with a huge grain of salt... but the hype is there undoubtedly! Only 6 hours left!

Btw, what are your picks for trophies from the B-K series?

I'd like Grunty and Mumbo obviously, Bottles, Humba Wumba, Jamjars, Gobi, Dragon Kazooie and Klungo. Those are the most iconic characters from the franchise imo. Perhaps Brentilda and Tooty as well.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I am so goddamn nervous its insane.

I'm tempering expectations for nothing as Banjo fans have since 2000.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Good luck today Bears and Birds! Let's hope there is a space in the Smash Jigsaw that your Bear and Bird has the missing piece for!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
According to Gaming Intel, Banjo & Kazooie won't be included on release. I doubt this piece of information is accurate, but don't panic if they really don't show up. They could just be a bit late and appear as (free?) DLC a bit later. They're on the banner after all.
Anyway, time to play some more video games to get my eyes off the clock.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
According to Gaming Intel, Banjo & Kazooie won't be included on release. I doubt this piece of information is accurate, but don't panic if they really don't show up. They could just be a bit late and appear as (free?) DLC a bit later. They're on the banner after all.
I think they're going to be a free day one update and that's why they're included on the Grinch leak + promotional material. I think Banjo & Kazooie are another Sonic type situation. Except dlc means the game doesn't need to be delayed to include them.

Also this is just a personal impression but I think Sakurai has given off the vibe throughout this whole release cycle that he's rushing to get something done. I don't have an exact reference but if you go back over the things Sakurai has been saying it does give off the vibe that he was very worried about getting the game ready in time.

That's just my take on it though. Don't get carried away. :p

(By the way, part of the reason I believe this is because of another rumour that the N64 mini is going to be announced after the direct, including the game Banjo Kazooie. If that turns out to be true, it's hard to believe that announcement isn't related to the Smash direct in some way.)

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'll reiterate what I said in the Isaac thread

I think that article from Gaming Intel mostly further confirms that all these people with insider connections have contradictory information. I really feel like something very weird is happening behind the scenes and I don't trust any of them. The Grinch leak is the only rumor that has enough tangible evidence at least for me to believe so at this point it's just a waiting game until the direct

ZelDan

Smash Master
I think they're going to be a free day one update and that's why they're included on the Grinch leak + promotional material. I think Banjo & Kazooie are another Sonic type situation. Except dlc means the game doesn't need to be delayed to include them.

Also this is just a personal impression but I think Sakurai has given off the vibe throughout this whole release cycle that he's rushing to get something done. I don't have an exact reference but if you go back over the things Sakurai has been saying it does give off the vibe that he was very worried about getting the game ready in time.

That's just my take on it though. Don't get carried away. :p

(By the way, part of the reason I believe this is because of another rumour that the N64 mini is going to be announced after the direct, including the game Banjo Kazooie. If that turns out to be true, it's hard to believe that announcement isn't related to the Smash direct in some way.)
Now that I think about it, didn't PapaGeno's and his sources kind of speculate this?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This feels unreal man. I can't believe that something that I thought from my childhood would happen perhaps one day before the Rare Buyout deemed it impossible, might be knocking at the door...

I still think that despite DLC being a possibility, this might be Banjo's and Kazooie's best chance yet to really explode themselves into our vicinity again. My siblings have also been informed about the leak, and they're hoping the bear and the breegull are shown. Hoo boy...

This really feels now or never.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Here we go everyone! Like with K. Rool, I'm with the Bear and Bird until the very end!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, didn't PapaGeno's and his sources kind of speculate this?
Yeah.

I also think it's pretty odd that the tipster who said Banjo & Kazooie wouldn't be in the base game was the same tipster who said the N64 Mini (with Banjo Kazooie included) would be announced after the Smash direct.

Something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
From the Shadow Thread here, Good Luck with getting your Bear and Bird, that's all

GruntyFurnace.png

Welcome all, Sakurai's the name, Banjo and friends are here to get into my game!

My work is done and there they stand, through all the leaks and rumours and plans!

The prizes on this stand bring glee, from playable character to DLC!

So step on up to the plate, tune into the Direct where I confirm your fate!

Good luck all, hope you enjoy it regardless of the results and that you get something out of it.

Fingers crossed for bear and bird!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I know I was just asleep a moment ago. Please tell me I'm not still dreaming.

If our bear and bird make it to Ultimate I would love for the reveal to be similar to what's going on in this picture. Banjo is trying to sleep and Kazooie starts pecking his head and trying to tell him that they just got an invitation for Smash. They definitely deserve a new adventure.

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
So that whole game Intel leak says no banjo but an N64 classic reveal with rare games that seems strange doesn't it?

Top Bottom