• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
no offense but is English your first language? Because every one of your posts reads like a 12 year old’s ramblings
It's great to see someone as passionate as Banjo-Kazooie as we are, But I would be lying if I didn't say that a lot of his posts can get kind of obnoxiously annoying when it looks like constant ranting and the caps are always on and off for every other word.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Last Smash Direct doesn't mean last release of Smash information. Sakurai could make us question the Grinch leak by announcing all but one character and announce them at the game awards, for example. That would make people wonder about what's going on at least.
I still don't buy that, considering the Game Awards comes the day right before the game is released. That doesn't make sense to me. As for anything that gets revealed after the Direct, the only thing I can think of is confirmation of DLC. Otherwise, Sakurai has stated that we'll know of every character in the game before it releases, and holding off one character for the Game Awards (which, again, occurs right before the game releases)...I just don't see Sakurai doing that. If he's going to reveal every character in the game beforehand, he's going to end it with the final Smash Direct. Otherwise, there's no reason to keep one more character secret unless it was DLC.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
So one concern I keep hearing about is that there wouldn't be enough time to show off the characters in the Grinch Leak but I still think it's possible.
I've notice that all the unique 1st party character trailers just have the trailer that's it, no explanations about the character (King K. Rool, Ridey, Isabelle, Inkling) and are no more then 2 minutes long.
Meanwhile 3rd party characters like Simon and Richter get a trailer and in-depth look at there characters and stage which took about 7 minutes combined.
And finally echos seem to get about 30 seconds
So for the Grinch Leak we have 3 1st party characters, 2 3rd party characters, and 2 echos (potentially echos)
So we could be looking at most 21 minutes out the supposed 40 minutes of the direct showing the characters (I have a feeling it will be even less since Banjo and Geno wouldn't have an echo fighter to talk about or show in their trailer)
That can leave the other half of the direct talking about the story mode (which would take up most of the time), online, some game modes (game modes I imagine wouldn't take that long to talk about in the first place), items/assist trophies. and other small little details.

But this is all speculations and patterns aren't really a thing you should completely trust. I'm still hoping for the leak to be real.

Edit: One thing I forgot is that the tree house is going to be playing the game after the direct so the tree house could cover small details leaving even more time to concentrate on bigger things in the direct.
I think it is possible that they will reveal all the characters in the same trailer and then Sakurai may give a 2 minute description of each of the newcomers. In reality there isn't that much left to reveal other than the remaining newcomers, the hidden mode, and the remaining Assist trophies.

D

Deleted member

So the last one revealed 2 uniques and 3 echos in a 27 min direct so since this is a 40 min one and a treehouse after that.....yep it’s real he’s coming home bois

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think it is possible that they will reveal all the characters in the same trailer and then Sakurai may give a 2 minute description of each of the newcomers. In reality there isn't that much left to reveal other than the remaining newcomers, the hidden mode, and the remaining Assist trophies.
I would certainly hope Issac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Geno, and Banjo & Kazooie would all get their own cinematic trailers like everyone else before them!

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to swing by and wish you all good luck and such for Banjo and Kazooie! They would be an amazing addition and is one of my current top hopefuls, here is hoping!

Dobbygoob

Smash Rookie
I have been lurking here for a long while but I decided to finally say something on here. Banjo and Kazooie have been my number 1 wanted fighter since sm4sh was announced and I can't believe how close we are to getting him now! Banjo-tooie (and Ocarina Of Time) pretty much made up my childhood, I would just swim around atlantis in jolly rogers lagoon cause I loved the music SO MUCH. If the bear and bird make it during this next direct I will breakdown in class or wherever I am cause I have wanted them SO BAD, and the prospect of all the things that could happen this thursday, ESPECIALLY a banjo-kazooie announcement, is making me sick but I'm ready. Add me to the Banjo Kazooie support list! And Of course keep expectations low and hopes high, but man oh man am I REALLY hoping for banjo and kazooie to make their comeback!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like I need to come in here and say this now.

I know I haven't been as active in this thread as I would like, partly because of my mod duties, but I will say that I have actively supported Banjo-Kazooie even before Brawl when I lurked the boards, and since 2014, alongside JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , as an active member on here. And I gotta say, if there's a character in here that rivals my love for Snake it's gotta be Banjo.

I grew up on the N64. Diddy's Kong Racing was the first game I ever played, and I always preferred Banjo-Kazooie, and even Tooie and DK64, over Super Mario 64, I know unpopular opinion. So, seeing the Grinch leak could actually be true puts me over the moon.

However, if the Grinch Leak IS true, please, be civil to the fans that DIDN'T get their character. And if it's fake, don't be so disheartened. This is the best chance he's ever had and giving up on him after all this would be a disservice.

Anyways, I look forward to the upcoming Smash Direct and I hope you all are too!

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
However, if the Grinch Leak IS true, please, be civil to the fans that DIDN'T get their character. And if it's fake, don't be so disheartened. This is the best chance he's ever had and giving up on him after all this would be a disservice.
Thanks for that part. The Incineroar and Steve hate has been huge as of late with even music videos with mocking the fans.

I want and like Incineroar and hope he crushes the haters soon. I don't have any care in the world for Steve, but I'd rather not see and hear people mock him constantly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What ever happened to the hot dog banjo leak?

VexTheHex VexTheHex i feel like those 2 were leak bait because Steve isn’t playable just in a non playable form that’s all and inceniroar was most likely pushed back to dlc to work on banjo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If you are one of the people who trolls other threads for characters who didn't get in that you don't like, please stop. How are you gonna feel if Banjo & Kazooie or whoever don't get in Thursday and Steve or Incineroar do and the Steve and Incineroar fanbases come here and make fun of us for getting our hopes up? We're all in the same boat and hoping for our favorite characters to make it in. I may not like certain characters (looking at you, Fire Emblem in general), but I'm not gonna go over and troll their threads and harass the threads of characters just cuz I don't like them. Let's be civil and mature here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you are one of the people who trolls other threads for characters who didn't get in that you don't like, please stop. How are you gonna feel if Banjo & Kazooie or whoever don't get in Thursday and Steve or Incineroar do and the Steve and Incineroar fanbases come here and make fun of us for getting our hopes up? We're all in the same boat and hoping for our favorite characters to make it in. I may not like certain characters (looking at you, Fire Emblem in general), but I'm not gonna go over and troll their threads and harass the threads of characters just cuz I don't like them. Let's be civil and mature here.
Agreed

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
If our lovable bird and bear make it, what music from the BK franchise do you want in Ultimate?

1 -Main theme from BK is guaranteed.
2 - Mumbo Mountain or Freezeezy Peak for the BK representative level
3 - Glitter Gulch Mine or Cloud Cuckooland for BT (i'd choose so, so many from that game!)
4 - I'd love to hear a remix featuring both ice and fire sides of Hailfire Peaks
5 - Guntilda or Mumbo Jumbo theme

I feel like if they do make it into the game, we'll get only a handful of songs and trophies since Microsoft would behave like Square Enix did with Cloud. Hopefully i'm wrong on this since I adore the BK and especially BT's soundtracks. What about you guys?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Bit of a minor update, but I just checked the official Smash Blog, and while it's been updated with a profile for Rosalina and Luma, there isn't any music update, even though tomorrow is Wednesday, i.e. the day that music posts are generally put up. Methinks they're saving it for Thursday when the Direct happens, which possibly means that we'll be getting a new universe introduced, with a new piece of music to go with it...

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Sry for double post but,
WHO IS HYPED FOR THAT DIRECT ON THURSDAY?!?!?

What are you looking forward to the most aside from characters? (items, stages, music, single player etc.)

For me personally it is the music and the single player, with a little bit of assist trophy on the side.
Well I mean, if Banjo got in, I really couldn’t wait to hear the music adaptions and a possible stage alongside them.
I’m mostly excited to end all the theories that sparked from harsh speculating with no significant news since August. I feel like people forget that the new mode technically is not confirmed to be called “Spirits”, nor is it implied to be a boss mode or story mode. We simply know nothing about it.
That said, I am excited to know about the new mode finally. I hope Break the Targets and Board the Platforms come back. I hope Smash Run shows up in this game. I hope for the original Classic Mode (unlike Wii U). I hope Crazy Orders comes back. I hope for a specialized single player (much like story mode, a boss mode).
Really though, I have been a part of speculation for so long at this point that I’m satisfied with anything game changing announcements. I’m sure anything Sakurai shows up will be surprising.

D

Deleted member

I’ll just leave this here
2F84CEAA-DD4A-46EA-A028-A8A61580D8BE.jpeg

And this
94853F84-FCFC-4002-8C9B-D34D0BD7BB6E.jpeg

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
So the last one revealed 2 uniques and 3 echos in a 27 min direct so since this is a 40 min one and a treehouse after that.....yep it’s real he’s coming home bois
So just some math for you guys (don't worry it is for the smash direct)

The first smash direct was 27 min. long with 5 characters
That is 27 (min.) divided my the number of fighters which is 5 which gives you an answer of 5.4

THIS smash direct is at least 40 min. long with possibly 7 characters.
So 40 divided by our previous answer (5.4) we get 7.4 ohh look at that is the leak is real we get 7 characters!

It is entirely possible, we have enough time. I don't think there is any reason to worry.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
If he is referring to the render that has the back of the Grinch's head then it is this
Grinch Music Video

Which was posted on the day of the Grinch leak.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I just realized something personal. When I was a little kid I only really played games that were about cartoons that I watched as a kid, or Mario, and Mario had a cartoon that helped. I just never wanted to take a chance on anything I didn't recognize. Smash Brothers helped me out in that regard a lot by introducing me to so many different characters. But banjo is one of the first that I played without the being introduced by Smash. granted there is a very loose association with Mario, on account of Diddy Kong Racing , but I never would have made that connection as a kid.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I was watching D1's stream for a bit and someone mentioned that Vergeben made a new post claiming that the Grinch leak is fake and Isaac is an Assist Trophy again.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it and look back at my gaming history, What's kind of funny is that growing up I was always a fan of Rareware, I just didn't realize it. (Being a kid you don't really pay attention to company's or developers that much)

I grew up with the N64 as it was my first console and my first exposure of Rare was Diddy Kong Racing at a cousin's house back in 1998 and a couple of years later played Goldeneye 007 and a ton of Donkey Kong 64, Around the early 2000's I also knew a lot of people and cousins who had SNES's and played my share of Donkey Kong Country and DKC3, Didn't get to really play DKC2 that much and played a good amount of Killer Instinct as well.

Unfortunately for me (Though I don't regret it), I remember I chose Mario Kart 64 over Banjo-Kazooie back in '98 because all I really knew at the time was Mario and Pokemon (Hey I was only 5) I will always love Mario Kart 64 ,But I wish BK was a game that I should have kept on my radar to rent or buy in the future and other than playing Banjo-Tooie at a store demo that's all I really had growing up with the bear and bird ,But at least I was able to grow up in the era that they were in their prime and was somewhat aware of who they were.

It wasn't until 2011 that I really got nostalgic and got back to really playing my N64, To revisit some old favorites and play a couple of games I missed out on and the one game that I owe to getting me back into the N64 is Banjo-Kazooie , got it for $10 at a retro video game store and always wanted to play it, Just never really got the oppurtunity to and had an idea what I was getting into since I grew up playing DK 64 and was aware of Rareware and platformers are my favorite genre (2D and 3D), Long story short I fell in love with the game and the characters picked up Banjo-Tooie shortly after and have wanted them in Super Smash Bros since and that's why I am here campaigning for the Bear and the Bird.

D

Deleted member

I was watching D1's stream for a bit and someone mentioned that Vergeben made a new post claiming that the Grinch leak is fake and Isaac is an Assist Trophy again.
E10A4049-38C3-4DF1-AF0A-9E2CB909717C.jpeg

I hate verge just as much I hate waiting in a very long line to get a copy of smash ultimate.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
At this point I'm just going to sit back and wait for the Direct. Whatever happens I'll always support the bear and bird. And you guys have been great to chat with.:4pacman:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
At this point I'm just going to sit back and wait for the Direct. Whatever happens I'll always support the bear and bird. And you guys have been great to chat with.:4pacman:
Same.

Never was big into Verge, but I’ve always been excited for the definitive announcement that would lay all of the arguing to rest.

Our answer comes November 1.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Verges source could be confusing Isaac for Matthew as an AT.

Also, bit late to just drop an AT reveal as your 'leak' under 48 hours away from the direct.

He's saving face. He's wrong. Incineroar was cut content/leak bait all along. He was only correct about his information up to a point, which was E3.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I hate that Vergben waited till now to say anything. Where was he during the drought month but no he has to interject right before the direct
He didn't say anything because the only legit info he may have had was around E3. After that he's been bull****ing and guessing the whole time and now it finally caught up to him.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of whether or not Verge is right, he needs to be banned from "leaking" stuff after this. He causes nothing but trouble.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
He didn't say anything because the only legit info he may have had was around E3. After that he's been bull****ing and guessing the whole time and now it finally caught up to him.
God I hope he's wrong. I'm tired of how smug he seems to be about the Smash stuff

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's kind of funny how mostly everyone was on his side and were giving him credit for the E3 leaks and now here comes "The Grinch" dropping a bombshell of a leak and trying to steal the show and now he's saying the leak is fake and now everyone is turning against him, I also got sick of Verge too and thinks he's the only one with legit sources, I hope Grinch shuts him up, ruins his reputation and ends this arguement once and for all.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
God I hope he's wrong. I'm tired of how smug he seems to be about the Smash stuff
Yeah, he got a bit smug, but he still hasn't been wrong yet. He'll probably be wrong about the Grinch leak being an actual fake, if that's even what he said., but I'm willing to wait for DLC and the rest of the assist trophies to label him as a good guesser. Matthew does appear to look a lot like Isaac, so depending on what his source has gathered, saying "Isaac is an assist trophy" is a logical mistake, as ProjectDream ProjectDream said. I do believe the evidence behind this leak more than his claims right now, but don't talk like he's never done anything for us.

Regardless of whether or not Verge is right, he needs to be banned from "leaking" stuff after this. He causes nothing but trouble.
I disagree. I think people looking for the first chance to crucify him is what causes trouble.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to ignore all leakers, predictions, and stuff. No need to cloud my mind, when in a day we'll have answers. So much conflicting info and so little time to try and put any effort into making sense of any of it.

On a related note, anybody having trouble sleeping? I am trying to fill my mind with distractions but i am so excited my hands won't stop shaking every once in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when verge said that sc6 is coming to switch after bamco stated they have no plans for switch version?

Top Bottom