• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Remember everyone, keep expectations low and hopes high. Nothing is confirmed yet. Let’s hope for the best for everyone!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hello Banjo friends from Isaac buddies! If Banjo is in (super rooting for you guys!) I bet he will be the final reveal to blow hype out the roof!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
That said though:

5AD668F4-09FE-41F8-B9A8-215554E50D00.jpeg

Drawn by yours truly back before E3's Smash announcement! Hoping for the best!

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I've been putting all my focus on the Skull Kid thread but Banjo and Kazooie are my most wanted 3rd party characters. Moment of truth is on it's way now. Let's hope for the best.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Coming from the Isaac thread to show some support and wish the best for Banjo Kazooie to return where they belong, I bet when they get revealed people will literally lose their pants and it is going to be the hypest reveal of all times

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Whether or not the leak is real I’m feeling pretty certain of Banjo’s inclusion. Get ready y’all.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I woke up to a Smash Direct on Thursday, and, well, this is it.

It's do or die time.

It also got me thinking: aside from that "Spirits" mode and maybe online, what is there left to talk about aside from any remaining characters? I mean, if the Grinch leak proves true, then I can imagine at the very least Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie coming with new stages that'll be covered alongside them, but aside from that, the remaining characters are the only things I can think of right now that would cover almost 40 minutes of content. Plus, if the leak is real, and Shadow and Ken are Echo Fighters, I imagine they wouldn't take all that much time to cover since they're, well, Echo Fighters. All in all, I'm pretty anxious for this Direct; like I said, it feels like do or die time, especially for the Grinch leak!

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
This is it.

The make or break for the leak is Thursday.

Who else is incredibly nervous?

It’s funny, I started so confident about the leak, but when confronted with a direct date I am composing myself with sheer angst moving forward. Even though I know it’s possible, I have wanted Banjo so bad for so long that it becomes increasingly hard to imagine when the “moment” materializes itself.

No matter what happens, the direct ought to be an incredible experience.

I am excited to find out about some of the game modes and break away from harshly speculative ideas like Kencineroar, Box theory, and Spirits Mode concepts.

What are you guys excited to see? And what characters are you hoping for? Obviously, I truly just want Banjo.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
This is it.

It’s funny, I started so confident about the leak, but when confronted with a direct date I am composing myself with sheer angst moving forward. Even though I know it’s possible, I have wanted Banjo so bad for so long that it becomes increasingly hard to imagine when the “moment” materializes itself.

I am excited to find out about some of the game modes and break away from harshly speculative ideas like Kencineroar, Box theory, and Spirits Mode concepts.

What are you guys excited to see? And what characters are you hoping for? Obviously, I truly just want Banjo.
I actually feel exactly the same. Before knowing the direct was coming I was 100% certain the leak was true but now that the direct is so close I'm getting nervous. Like what if it's just a fake and I went along with the hype. I hope so badly for Banjo and Issac that if it doesn't happen I don't know how I'll feel

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This is it.

I am extremely nervous. Excited that we get a huge final Smash direct all for us, but nervous at what might entail. This is the closest I think we've ever gotten to actually having our beloved backpacking bear and bird in Smash and reunited with all their Nintendo family once again. To be so close only to have it possibly be taken away from us when our hopes are highest. It might be too much to bear (no pun intended). Let's keep our expectations low and our hopes high. We're all in this together. The Issac Adepts, the Geno Star Saviors, and the Banjo-Roos. Plus the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, and Ken fanbases are in this with us as well! Let's hope for the best!

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I am extremely nervous. Excited that we get a huge final Smash direct all for us, but nervous at what might entail. This is the closest I think we've ever gotten to actually having our beloved backpacking bear and bird in Smash and reunited with all their Nintendo family once again. To be so close only to have it possibly be taken away from us when our hopes are highest. It might be too much to bear (no pun intended). Let's keep our expectations low and our hopes high. We're all in this together. The Issac Adepts, the Geno Star Saviors, and the Banjo-Roos. Plus the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, and Ken fanbases are in this with us as well! Let's hope for the best!
I like that.

I can relate, I really have never been so hopeful in my life about Banjo—- even since the Smash 4 cycle (which was really just painful for me as a Banjo fan).

We are all here to support one another, so let us hope for the Grinch leak, but if that turns out not to be true, I think we should continue encouraging other fans to stay confident in their characters. After all, Banjo fans HAVE to in order for a Smash debut to be possible.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
stopping in from the isaac thread to say good luck thursday!
Good luck to you guys as well! Issac deserves to be in after the support you've all given him! I'm looking forward to hopefully learning more about Golden Sun through his inclusion and bringing his universe with him :3

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't both excited for, and at the same time dreading this Smash Direct. I REALLY want this leak to be real, but at the same time, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst-case scenario. Like I said though, it's still possible that the leak is real, especially with the approximate length of the Direct; A well-known youtuber known as WiiDude83 pointed out that the last Smash Direct was 28 minutes, so thing one is at least 12 minutes longer, so I'm wondering what could be covered in all that time, especially considering we're a little over a month until the game's release.

All in all, we'll just have to wait and see...this'll probably feel like the longest wait for a Smash Direct ever.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't both excited for, and at the same time dreading this Smash Direct. I REALLY want this leak to be real, but at the same time, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst-case scenario. Like I said though, it's still possible that the leak is real, especially with the approximate length of the Direct; A well-known youtuber known as WiiDude83 pointed out that the last Smash Direct was 28 minutes, so thing one is at least 12 minutes longer, so I'm wondering what could be covered in all that time, especially considering we're a little over a month until the game's release.

All in all, we'll just have to wait and see...this'll probably feel like the longest wait for a Smash Direct ever.
Haha, I know!

I remember the September Direct (before it was cancelled) feeling like forever even thought the distance between the announcement and the direct was just one day.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

From a Shadow The Hedgehog supporter, I'm really wishing you guys luck. I got first exposed to Banjo & Kazooie through the XBOX 360 version of Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (yeah crazy I know? Didn`t hear about the original Banjo and Kazooie on N64 and Banjo Tooie until years later). Even though I never played their games, they seem such a cool character and I hope the duo makes it in. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL :D !

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

That's the other thing. This Direct coincides with the time the 50-Fact Extravaganza that rounded out the Wii U Smash Bros. details before it came out November of 2014, and THAT direct was 35 minutes long, but only showing one 'new' character (Bowser Jr.) and showing new/returning stages and modes and confirming DLC to be a thing and revealing Mewtwo to be among the first to be brought in.

This on the other hand, could possibly ONLY be new information. New characters, stages, modes (like that mysterious green mode), items, etc. So hopefully we'll all be surprised!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

From a Shadow The Hedgehog supporter, I'm really wishing you guys luck. I got first exposed to Banjo & Kazooie through the XBOX 360 version of Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (yeah crazy I know? Didn`t hear about the original Banjo and Kazooie on N64 and Banjo Tooie until years later). Even though I never played their games, they seem such a cool character and I hope the duo makes it in. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL :D !
Best of luck to you as well! In hoping for Issac, Geno, and, of course, Banjo & Kazooie, I keep forgetting supporters of Shadow the Hedgehog, Ken, the Chorus Kids and even Mach Rider have a lot to gain from this direct. While I would've preferred all third-party representatives to be given only one representative for each franchise, the reveal of Richter Belmont being an Echo for Simon Belmont has left me open to the idea of third-party echoes at least! So I'd love to see Shadow join the roster, not only to validate the leak, but have another cool third-party character that my buddy is sure to love hearing be in Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is still why I'd hate this to be fake in a way, as much as I can't entirely put my claim on both sides fully. It's why I'm on "#Team-I Hope It's-Real".

It certainly has been an insane run with all this, and probably most exciting, involved ever in Smash's history since Brawl.And how it just hits me in the face how some characters I kind of felt crazy to be in Smash despite wanting them deep inside, are now apparently could actually become reality here - namely Banjo and Isaac. Chorus Kids is lovely cherry on top, especially with being RH-fan for a long while too.

Anyway, let's at least hope the leak's real in partial ways. The Direct though is gonna be really damn long, so I'm sure there's plenty of time to see if the Bear and the Breegull finally pop out to our vicinity.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst--always my motto. We've overcame Box Theory, we've overcame the 103 stages hurdle. And now it looks like we're in the final stretch.

Nintendo--I'm ready for you to take all my money. Bring it.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Best of luck to you as well! In hoping for Issac, Geno, and, of course, Banjo & Kazooie, I keep forgetting supporters of Shadow the Hedgehog, Ken, the Chorus Kids and even Mach Rider have a lot to gain from this direct. While I would've preferred all third-party representatives to be given only one representative for each franchise, the reveal of Richter Belmont being an Echo for Simon Belmont has left me open to the idea of third-party echoes at least! So I'd love to see Shadow join the roster, not only to validate the leak, but have another cool third-party character that my buddy is sure to love hearing be in Smash.
Same here. I hope we get Banjo, Isaac and Geno just to please the majority (even though I just need Shadow personally), and if this Direct confirms these 7 characters on the banner, I`m sure the Internet is going to explode out of joy and just be crazy. I have other characters I wanted (being Rayman and Dixie Kong mainly), but I think these two are out of the window for base roster at this point.

Even though I don`t have attachment to these three highly requested characters, I just hope they make it in. Banjo would bring such a unique dynamic to the roster. Isaac would be a different kind of swordsman and Geno is well...Geno. ;)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Same here. I hope we get Banjo, Isaac and Geno just to please the majority (even though I just need Shadow personally), and if this Direct confirms these 7 characters on the banner, I`m sure the Internet is going to explode out of joy and just be crazy. I have other characters I wanted (being Rayman and Dixie Kong mainly), but I think these two are out of the window for base roster at this point.
You should come to Dixie-thread here sometime! We're trying to probably start a loud campaign for her being DLC after making sure she's not NPC'd out in Ultimate.

Also...

:grin:

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Gotta pop in here to wish you all (and B-K) luck! Here's hoping the leak us real, and this dream from so long ago finally comes true!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Even though I don`t have attachment to these three highly requested characters, I just hope they make it in. Banjo would bring such a unique dynamic to the roster. Isaac would be a different kind of swordsman and Geno is well...Geno. ;)
If Banjo & Kazooie make it into the base roster alongside the likes of Issac, Geno, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow and Ken, and we get confirmation of DLC in the near future, I'd literally be happy with any additional characters we might get. I'd love to see Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, Lloyd Irving, Rayman, and Shantae all make it in, mainly to please the fans of those characters, but also I'd really like to see some of these guys eventually make it in. If this leak is true, it'll be hard to really want many other characters with all we've been given.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Gotta pop in here to wish you all (and B-K) luck! Here's hoping the leak us real, and this dream from so long ago finally comes true!
You Geno fans are troopers! To some extent, I believe Geno getting in Smash is more impressive than Banjo due to the sheer dedication you guys displayed all these years.

Here’s to one stary blue boi getting in Smash.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Same to you, Geno Guys! Another Nintendo-originated third party rep is always welcome. With Mega Man & Simon Belmont as the only third-party characters currently to have originated on a Nintendo console, the likes of Geno & Banjo joining the roster can only improve our character selection! Looking forward to hopefully getting to try him out and seeing what made him and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars stand the test of time for so long. A one-time character managing to be so high up in the polls alongside Issac & Banjo has to have something going for him! Good luck!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oh god.. im absolutely sick to my stomach- I can't handle the hype, please Sakurai, please fulfill this board's one wish, put the beloved bear & bird in Smash ultimate.

Guys I just want you to know, whatever happens, whether Banjo is in or not, I'll be back here after the direct to either hug you wonderful people in absolute joy... or mourn in yet another disappointment.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I actually feel exactly the same. Before knowing the direct was coming I was 100% certain the leak was true but now that the direct is so close I'm getting nervous. Like what if it's just a fake and I went along with the hype. I hope so badly for Banjo and Issac that if it doesn't happen I don't know how I'll feel
I feel the same. I really have been tuning out a lot of the points against the Grinch leak. There are plenty of reasons I did that, but one reason is to bask in an incredibly rare feeling that Banjo is in Smash Bros.

I am still confident in the leak, but if it turns out fake, I am not ashamed to have been fooled.

In fact, I’m glad it came, because I really got a genuine jolt of pure satisfaction and happiness at Banjo’s inclusion—- even if it would have been a fake.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
oh god.. im absolutely sick to my stomach- I can't handle the hype, please Sakurai, please fulfill this board's one wish, put the beloved bear & bird in Smash ultimate.

Guys I just want you to know, whatever happens, whether Banjo is in or not, I'll be back here after the direct to either hug you wonderful people in absolute joy... or mourn in yet another disappointment.
I feel the same. I really have been tuning out a lot of the points against the Grinch leak. There are plenty of reasons I did that, but one reason is to bask in an incredibly rare feeling that Banjo is in Smash Bros.

I am still confident in the leak, but if it turns out fake, I am not ashamed to have been fooled.

In fact, I’m glad it came, because I really got a genuine jolt of pure satisfaction and happiness at Banjo’s inclusion—- even if it would have been a fake.
The fact that so many of us are in this together makes me hopeful either way. I love you all and hopefully our dreams and wishes come true.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Oh um, happy 5,100 posts Banjo-Roos and 5,200 posts. Lets go Banjo! Hoping for that miracle shot this Thursday

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Oh, boy, Direct time.
On one hand, I'm super nervous. I want to believe in the Grinch leak 100%, but a part of me sees that very real possibility that Banjo doesn't make it in after all, even after all this optimism. That thought is kind of heartbreaking to me.

On the other hand, I've really enjoyed this roller coaster of hype, and at some point there's a time where we have to put to rest all the rumors and leaks, no matter how painful it could be for hopefuls of eventually-deconfirmed characters. Whether Banjo's in or not, I just want to know the truth.

Here's to a great Direct either way, everyone! We've come this far, and we're not stopping now.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind I'd like to be added to the supporters list, been a Banjo fan and supporter for practically my whole life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the duo on Thursday, regardless if the leak is real or fake.

And hey, if he doesn't get in, then I doubt he'll be included in the base game in any capacity, which leaves a prime spot open for DLC.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Thanks! And I hope Geno gets in as well; he could be pretty fun to play as!
You Geno fans are troopers! To some extent, I believe Geno getting in Smash is more impressive than Banjo due to the sheer dedication you guys displayed all these years.

Here’s to one stary blue boi getting in Smash.
Same to you, Geno Guys! Another Nintendo-originated third party rep is always welcome. With Mega Man & Simon Belmont as the only third-party characters currently to have originated on a Nintendo console, the likes of Geno & Banjo joining the roster can only improve our character selection! Looking forward to hopefully getting to try him out and seeing what made him and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars stand the test of time for so long. A one-time character managing to be so high up in the polls alongside Issac & Banjo has to have something going for him! Good luck!
Thanks so much, guys!

This web of mutual support is a beautiful thing. I think we may actually all actually get what we want in this thing, and that's an exciting thought!

Top Bottom