• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
View attachment 252169
As much as I'd like to believe Banjo-Redooie is a real thing, it seems all that the 4chan post it comes from has going for it is RE3 at State of Play, which isn't a very difficult thing to guess at considering the only two venues for a reveal like that were State of Play or TGAs. Everything else listed also seems pretty safe as far as predictions go: Bayonetta 3, FP5, new Crash stuff, GTA6. So I'm calling bull**** on this, though I hope I'm wrong. A Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remake would be the sickest ****.
Hey! Some of those are the ones I listed before! Tony Hawk, GTA, Fighter Pack 5, Banjo. Those are the ones I listed!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Voe

Smash Journeyman

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t think joker is a gaming icon and all dlc characters have some sort of gimmick, Joker has arsene, Hero has MP, Banjo has wondering, terry have GO! So that means Sakurai put more work into these characters then most other characters. You don’t need to be a gaming icon to make it into smash if we have characters like pit, ice climbers, Wii fit trainer,etc. Conker is a gaming icon, his game pushed the limits of the n64 and I’m sure he inspired some games. How come Microsoft put conker in project spark and that vr game instead of banjo?
(Sigh) I get the feeling that your not "Clearly" reading some of my previous post before as you didn't really have an answer or response for "Most" of my counter responses to your reasons and I am getting tired of repeating myself so this is probably the last time I'm going to say it.

- I already told you in a previous post that the bar is much lower for 1st/2nd Party Nintendo Characters and that they have a much easier time making it the roster despite their "Status" It's an easy, legal and cost efficeient way for Nintendo to add more characters to the roster while promoting or keeping their smaller/dormant series relevant, It's a win/win situation.

- I don't know much about Persona, But I imagine it was pretty popular and succesful in Japan and as I've stated before more times than not Japanese characters take priority, Joker is also had the benefit of being a "Sakurai Pick" because he is a big fan of the series, Not to mention Persona has ties and was spun off from another series called Shin Megami Tensei that is a long running series that I imagine had some sort of significant impact in Japan.

- You mentioned Wii Fit trainer and even though I don't give a damn about her, One could argue that she represents the "Wii" era and everyone knows that the Wii was huge in it's prime and was a phenomenon.

- I like Conker and Bad Fur Day was a fun and interesting game, But calling him an "Gaming Icon" is definitely pushing it when at most he's somewhat a significant name, Even Banjo-Kazooie in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of an icon especially compared to the likes of Sonic and Pac Man, Conker definitely is one of Rare's biggest names and Smash worthy, But you seem to constantly think he's bigger than Halo and Master Chief at times, Even Banjo-Kazooie can't compare.

- I always see Project Spark and that VR demo brought up as reason by some Conker fans and treat them as the "AAA" games or view them as achievements in comparison to Banjo-Kazooie's legacy, No one is gonna remember Conker over a DLC expansion for Project Spark when Microsoft prematurely canned that game's support and that VR demo took Conker and turned him into an abomination that looked and played nothing like him and Conker fans viewed it as a hot garbage.

-I feel like Microsoft at times see's Conker as a guinea pig or an expendable character/series and just test him on weird side projects that don't require a lot of resources or commitment.

-Conker's legacy isn't too much to write about compared Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Pocket Tales is a small GBC game that fly's under the radar and even though Bad Fur Day is a great game that fans of Rare should give a try, It came and the end of the N64's lifespan and even though it's Conker's biggest accomplishment it's still flopped sales wise and still isn't as widely known as some think it is and Live & Reloaded didn't fair much better either. At least Banjo-Kazooie was more succesful enough to get 2 more sequels in it's series and even though Nut's & Bolts is controversial it still managed to outsell Bad Fur Day or possibly even the entire Conker franchise.

Banjo-Kazooie is still for the most part a dead IP, But it definitely has a way better chance of making a comeback whether it's a remaster, reboot or sequel and thanks to Smash and high demand for the franchise it's bound to happen sometime in the near future.

Unfortunately I wish I can say the same thing for Conker, But I don't see it happening. Like I said many times before I'm fan of Conker and would like him in Smash, But I feel like some fans truly get blinded by how really big he actually is.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
(Sigh) I get the feeling that your not "Clearly" reading some of my previous post before as you didn't really have an answer or response for "Most" of my counter responses to your reasons and I am getting tired of repeating myself so this is probably the last time I'm going to say it.

- I already told you in a previous post that the bar is much lower for 1st/2nd Party Nintendo Characters and that they have a much easier time making it the roster despite their "Status" It's an easy, legal and cost efficeient way for Nintendo to add more characters to the roster while promoting or keeping their smaller/dormant series relevant, It's a win/win situation.

- I don't know much about Persona, But I imagine it was pretty popular and succesful in Japan and as I've stated before more times than not Japanese characters take priority, Joker is also had the benefit of being a "Sakurai Pick" because he is a big fan of the series, Not to mention Persona has ties and was spun off from another series called Shin Megami Tensei that is a long running series that I imagine had some sort of significant impact in Japan.

- You mentioned Wii Fit trainer and even though I don't give a damn about her, One could argue that she represents the "Wii" era and everyone knows that the Wii was huge in it's prime and was a phenomenon.

- I like Conker and Bad Fur Day was a fun and interesting game, But calling him an "Gaming Icon" is definitely pushing it when at most he's somewhat a significant name, Even Banjo-Kazooie in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of an icon especially compared to the likes of Sonic and Pac Man, Conker definitely is one of Rare's biggest names and Smash worthy, But you seem to constantly think he's bigger than Halo and Master Chief at times, Even Banjo-Kazooie can't compare.

- I always see Project Spark and that VR demo brought up as reason by some Conker fans and treat them as the "AAA" games or view them as achievements in comparison to Banjo-Kazooie's legacy, No one is gonna remember Conker over a DLC expansion for Project Spark when Microsoft prematurely canned that game's support and that VR demo took Conker and turned him into an abomination that looked and played nothing like him and Conker fans viewed it as a hot garbage.

-I feel like Microsoft at times see's Conker as a guinea pig or an expendable character/series and just test him on weird side projects that don't require a lot of resources or commitment.

-Conker's legacy isn't too much to write about compared Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Pocket Tales is a small GBC game that fly's under the radar and even though Bad Fur Day is a great game that fans of Rare should give a try, It came and the end of the N64's lifespan and even though it's Conker's biggest accomplishment it's still flopped sales wise and still isn't as widely known as some think it is and Live & Reloaded didn't fair much better either. At least Banjo-Kazooie was more succesful enough to get 2 more sequels in it's series and even though Nut's & Bolts is controversial it still managed to outsell Bad Fur Day or possibly even the entire Conker franchise.

Banjo-Kazooie is still for the most part a dead IP, But it definitely has a way better chance of making a comeback whether it's a remaster, reboot or sequel and thanks to Smash and high demand for the franchise it's bound to happen sometime in the near future.

Unfortunately I wish I can say the same thing for Conker, But I don't see it happening. Like I said many times before I'm fan of Conker and would like him in Smash, But I feel like some fans truly get blinded by how really big
-What are you saying?

-I don’t think a character needs to be popular in japan to get in. Banjo has voice lines from his GB games and sakurai said to go play banjo on the Xbox.

-I don’t think she represents the Wii I self. There are no spirits that have anything to do with the Wii console, just things from the Wii fit games. The stage is from the Wii fit games too and all of her moves are from her games

- I don’t think that conker is bigger then halo

-It’s brought up because Microsoft could’ve chosen banjo instead of conker, but they chose conker instead. Why wouldn’t they choose the more popular and bigger character?

-It flopped in sales because it came out at the end of the n64 and it had bad marketing mainly because it’s rated M. It was going to get a sequel but microsoft cancelled it.

I think it’s better if we stop arguing and just move on. I still think conker has a chance, because Chris was credited on the credits for voice acting grunty and he even wants conker in smash bros and Phil said he’s willing to let other rare characters in to smash.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
-What are you saying?

-I don’t think a character needs to be popular in japan to get in. Banjo has voice lines from his GB games and sakurai said to go play banjo on the Xbox.

-I don’t think she represents the Wii I self. There are no spirits that have anything to do with the Wii console, just things from the Wii fit games. The stage is from the Wii fit games too and all of her moves are from her games

- I don’t think that conker is bigger then halo

-It’s brought up because Microsoft could’ve chosen banjo instead of conker, but they chose conker instead. Why wouldn’t they choose the more popular and bigger character?

-It flopped in sales because it came out at the end of the n64 and it had bad marketing mainly because it’s rated M. It was going to get a sequel but microsoft cancelled it.

I think it’s better if we stop arguing and just move on. I still think conker has a chance, because Chris was credited on the credits for voice acting grunty and he even wants conker in smash bros and Phil said he’s willing to let other rare characters in to smash.
Just wanted to have friendly arguement and wanted to state my points so I will end it on this:

Like I said before Conker would be sweet in Super Smash Bros, But I honestly believe his chances are very slim compared to other bigger western 3rd Party platform mascots in Crash Bandicoot and to a lesser extent Rayman.

Regarding a 2nd Microsoft rep and as incredibly insane as it sounds to some people, I truly believe Master Chief is the most likeliest as a potential newcomer coming from that company.

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Imo the next Microsoft owned characters that I could see as DLC after Banjo & Kazooie would have to be between Master Chief, Steve, Fulgore, and Rash (Master Chief and Steve being more likely) before we see Conker.
Im all for the battletoads being the next Rare and also retro character. Donkey kongs house is coming down!

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Kinda of a stupid question, but who will win in an arm wrestle Mario or Banjo?
If a human arm wrestled a bear I think the bear would always win. I guess if we use Mario 64 and BK as reference to their strength Mario has a fairly strong arm Being able to hurl Bombs at least a couple of meters though his punch attack also sends enemies flying through the air. In comparison Banjo's most useless move (claw swipe) generally turns enemies straight into honeycombs. I guess its hard to compare when Mario enemies don't get harder through the game but Banjo's enemies do.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
If a human arm wrestled a bear I think the bear would always win. I guess if we use Mario 64 and BK as reference to their strength Mario has a fairly strong arm Being able to hurl Bombs at least a couple of meters though his punch attack also sends enemies flying through the air. In comparison Banjo's most useless move (claw swipe) generally turns enemies straight into honeycombs. I guess its hard to compare when Mario enemies don't get harder through the game but Banjo's enemies do.
I think Mario lifted a castle and kicked it miles away. What is the strongest thing banjo did?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I think Mario lifted a castle and kicked it miles away. What is the strongest thing banjo did?
He lifted goldbars above his head. Most of the heavy lifting is done by Kazooie.

edit: In Tooie he does transport a dinosaur in his backpack

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
He lifted goldbars above his head. Most of the heavy lifting is done by Kazooie.

edit: In Tooie he does transport a dinosaur in his backpack
That’s 164.022 pounds. The dinosaur can’t weigh that much if it fits in his backs pack... right? What do you mean that kazooie does the heavy lifting?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
That’s 164.022 pounds. The dinosaur can’t weigh that much if it fits in his backs pack... right? What do you mean that kazooie does the heavy lifting?
I just meant she does all the work so its hard to find instances of Banjo showing off his strength. I guess Banjo is strong enough to carry Kazooie, 235 eggs in his backpack and 120 Jiggies. Thats got to add up to weigh a lot.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I just meant she does all the work so its hard to find instances of Banjo showing off his strength. I guess Banjo is strong enough to carry Kazooie, 235 eggs in his backpack and 120 Jiggies. Thats got to add up to weigh a lot.
Kazooie does a lot of the work, But Banjo is the one that puts his weight and muscle behind many of their attacks, I imagine a lot of their attacks wouldn't be as powerful without using his bear strength.

- Bregull Bash
- Beak Buster
- Bill Drill
- Beak Barge
- Beak Bayonet
- Roll attack

I would imagine Banjo is the one that takes most of the damage when they get attack since too Kazooie is his backpack most of the time that's not to say she gets hurt too, But Banjo probably gets the brunt of it.

Banjo is the Weight/Tank and Muscle.

Kazooie is the Swiss Army knife/Versatility and Speed.

And thus nature presents us with the beautiful tag team between a bear and bird.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I think all those eggs and jiggies are out of hammerspace. I think he’s really only carrying kazooie, who probably doesn’t weigh that much because she is a bird and birds aren’t supposed to weigh much because they fly.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think it's no question Nintendo will be at the VGAs, so them tweeting about it doesn't tell us much--it still could be nothing Smash related. Since the character would have to be out by February, this seems like the perfect time to announce a new character, but Nintendo is also weird and never does what is perfect/expected. We'll find out soon enough!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Well, Nintendo didn't show anything DLC, AGAIN. Why are they doing this?! Sakurai said the 5th fighter is ready! WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW IT?!? WHY KEEP MAKING US WAIT?!?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well...that was underwhelming. Not even just because no Smash reveal, but for me, it felt like there was a lot of NOTHING. Honestly, the highlight of the show was the Muppets bit.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Well...that was underwhelming. Not even just because no Smash reveal, but for me, it felt like there was a lot of NOTHING. Honestly, the highlight of the show was the Muppets bit.
I agree, the Muppet were hilarious but the rest had much to be desired. I thought some of the announcements where cool but unless I see gameplay I don't know if I want the game.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think it's no question Nintendo will be at the VGAs, so them tweeting about it doesn't tell us much--it still could be nothing Smash related. Since the character would have to be out by February, this seems like the perfect time to announce a new character, but Nintendo is also weird and never does what is perfect/expected. We'll find out soon enough!
Yep....Nintendo does have a habit of missing that last strike for a 300 game with the gutters full, the pins made of paper towel cardboard rolls and the bowling ball the size of Jupiter.

I was interested if Banjo's Smash resurgence would have them announce something Banjo related like a new game or something. Or at least his amiibo.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Yep....Nintendo does have a habit of missing that last strike for a 300 game with the gutters full, the pins made of paper towel cardboard rolls and the bowling ball the size of Jupiter.

I was interested if Banjo's Smash resurgence would have them announce something Banjo related like a new game or something. Or at least his amiibo.
Or ANYTHING at least! I didn't expect BOTW 2, they're probably not ready to show it yet, but a Smash Bros. reveal would've at least been enough!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Honestly I kinda wasn't expecting a smash reveal. Mostly because it makes too much sense. Everyone and their mother was anticipating it. I'm sure we'll get something in January tho.

Unpopular opinion: I was actually more excited for Wolf among us 2, than a hypothetical smash trailer. I already know we're getting a fighter soon, and everyone that I wanted is in. But I've given up hope for a WAU sequel ever since telltale shut down. It was a surprise...but a very welcome one.

Edit: Btw, it's been a while since I last visited this thread. How's everyone doing?

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Luckliy I didn't waste my time watching it since I'm at work, But was keeping a tab just in case anything did happen, So my expectations were low, But at the very least was expecting a Fighter #5.

Looks like it's going to be announced during the January direct and release in February.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Luckliy I didn't waste my time watching it since I'm at work, But was keeping a tab just in case anything did happen, So my expectations were low, But at the very least was expecting a Fighter #5.

Looks like it's going to be announced during the January direct and release in February.
But why wait till next month?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Best I can guess is that there're still some finishing touches they want to make or something. At least this way, odds are good that we'll be getting actual gameplay with the reveal instead of just the character.
Don't care about gameplay, just wanted a reveal. I can guess that with this backlash, Nintendo will give a Direct soon about Smash. That will make up for leaving us hanging at the Game Awards last night.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I can guess that with this backlash, Nintendo will give a Direct soon about Smash. That will make up for leaving us hanging at the Game Awards last night.
To be completely fair Nintendo and Sakurai never officially stated there was going to be a new fighter, or any new Smash content to be revealed at the Game Awards.

Firox

Smash Master
To be completely fair Nintendo and Sakurai never officially stated there was going to be a new fighter, or any new Smash content to be revealed at the Game Awards.
Absolutely right, however, in light of Nintendo's apparent apathy and the severely underwhelming experience of last night's show, I can proudly say I'll never watch another VGA again. It's a total waste of 3 hours and you're better off reading the highlights the following morning.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They never stated it, but they did say on Twitter to tune in, which seems rather misleading considering that we got nothing from Nintendo themselves. (the only Switch content was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC, a No More Heroes 3 trailer, and Bravely Default 2 - all of those are third party, and Bravely Default 2 was the only thing that hadn't already been announced)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely right, however, in light of Nintendo's apparent apathy and the severely underwhelming experience of last night's show, I can proudly say I'll never watch another VGA again. It's a total waste of 3 hours and you're better off reading the highlights the following morning.
They never stated it, but they did say on Twitter to tune in, which seems rather misleading considering that we got nothing from Nintendo themselves. (the only Switch content was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC, a No More Heroes 3 trailer, and Bravely Default 2 - all of those are third party, and Bravely Default 2 was the only thing that hadn't already been announced)
That's a good point. It makes me wonder what Nintendo has in store for us early next year in a Direct, I guess some of their big titles they chose not to show at the Game Awards?

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I didn’t expect any character announcement. Good thing is that we can expect a direct soon cause of that and there was a nindie one too

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Uh so? This is Nintendo. They love to surprise their fans. They could've at least done that! I learned others are theorizing Nintendo didn't show anything at the Game Awards because of them delaying Metroid Prime 4 earlier in the year. You know, so Retro Studios can develop it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom