• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Would be cool if the talon trot if banjos side special instead. You can maybe even cycle through the different boots/shoes by pressing A while in shield. The wading boots could bury opponents and the speed shoes will do damage when you run into opponents. Even without the boots, banjo can claw at the opponents while riding kazooie, he won’t be able to with the speed shoes because he is covering his eyes.
B2ACE40B-D119-4C29-B8D0-9D92BD3F8F17.jpeg

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Would be cool if the talon trot if banjos side special instead. You can maybe even cycle through the different boots/shoes by pressing A while in shield. The wading boots could bury opponents and the speed shoes will do damage when you run into opponents. Even without the boots, banjo can claw at the opponents while riding kazooie, he won’t be able to with the speed shoes because he is covering his eyes.
View attachment 250373
None of the shoes are an offensive move, while the Wonderwing is.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Too many eggs would complicate what is otherwise a great moveset, and if you took away their Wonderwing attack then you’d rob Banjo and Kazooie of their best move and weaken their great dash speed.
The only thing I would have changed is their forward air also being ratta tap tap

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Trying to find a link, but everyone even Sabi has this rumor listed! 10 games to be revealed at the Game Awards next week just leaked! Reason I bring it up! BANJO-REDOOIE, a remake! It was listed! And I want to believe it as it also lists BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 as being shown! I am not trying to get anyone hopes up, sorry if I do. I will be turning into the Game Awards next week to see if it's real (also to see Fighter Pack 5, which this leak lists it's Pheonix Wright). I will let you know if it's real!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Too many eggs would complicate what is otherwise a great moveset, and if you took away their Wonderwing attack then you’d rob Banjo and Kazooie of their best move and weaken their great dash speed.
The only thing I would have changed is their forward air also being ratta tap tap
I like characters that have chargeable projectiles like Samus and Pac-Man, I think they could find a way to make it not too complicated for Banjo & Kazooie. Heck, even just a simple charge would be enough for me instead of a more complicated selection system a la Shulk. I just wish their up aerial wasn't so weak, I love being able to juggle opponents and send them flying upwards, but thankfully their repurposed Bill Drill is an awesome Up Smash lol

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
Trying to find a link, but everyone even Sabi has this rumor listed! 10 games to be revealed at the Game Awards next week just leaked! Reason I bring it up! BANJO-REDOOIE, a remake! It was listed! And I want to believe it as it also lists BOTW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 as being shown! I am not trying to get anyone hopes up, sorry if I do. I will be turning into the Game Awards next week to see if it's real (also to see Fighter Pack 5, which this leak lists it's Pheonix Wright). I will let you know if it's real!
That would be welcome news and if you find the link to an article or something, please share it.

Regardless, like you said with any 'leaks' and 'rumors', take them with a grain of salt. There are many 'insiders' who are looking to stretch their 15 minutes of fame/or and play silly buggers for clicks and internet points. Many insular speculators lap it up and get carried away. The 'insiders' backtrack and/or things don't come to frutition, people get mad and the circlejerk continues. Part of the reason why I don't bother being involved in speculating much anymore, it can get tedious.

However, the increased mainstream interest Banjo and Kazooie have received over the past few years, it's all positive and does no harm at all. Who knows, look at Killer instinct and Battletoads, new games both eventually happened after being rumoured on and off for the best part of a decade. Yooka Laylee exist, which may be a stumbling block, but I'm just enjoying bear and bird in Smash, being positively recieved and continuing to be in conversations. At this point in time, that's all you can ask for.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
That would be welcome news and if you find the link to an article or something, please share it.

Regardless, like you said with any 'leaks' and 'rumors', take them with a grain of salt. There are many 'insiders' who are looking to stretch their 15 minutes of fame/or and play silly buggers for clicks and internet points. Many insular speculators lap it up and get carried away. The 'insiders' backtrack and/or things don't come to frutition, people get mad and the circlejerk continues. Part of the reason why I don't bother being involved in speculating much anymore, it can get tedious.

However, the increased mainstream interest Banjo and Kazooie have received over the past few years, it's all positive and does no harm at all. Who knows, look at Killer instinct and Battletoads, new games both eventually happened after being rumoured on and off for the best part of a decade. Yooka Laylee exist, which may be a stumbling block, but I'm just enjoying bear and bird in Smash, being positively recieved and continuing to be in conversations. At this point in time, that's all you can ask for.
Right. Once I find the link, I shall share it!Y

I still couldn't find it. But I have memorized all 10 reveals that were leaked in this rumor. One game will probably kill the credibility for it, but here it goes!

Rumored/Leaked reveals

Batman Arkham Legacy
Crash Bash Remake
Banjo-Redooie (Still hoping it's real...)
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal 2 (The credibility killer probably)
Sly Cooper 5
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch (Sorry, thought it was Prime 4)
BOTW 2 Gameplay
GTA 6
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 Switch remakes
Phoenix Wright Reveal for Smash Bros. Ultimate

There. As I said, two of these probably kill the credibility, but for me, if GTA 6, Sly, Tony Hawk and Batman show up, then it will be true we're getting our duo back again! If none, then sorry I got your hopes up everyone. See you all after the Game Awards Livestream on December 12th!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Right. Once I find the link, I shall share it!Y

I still couldn't find it. But I have memorized all 10 reveals that were leaked in this rumor. One game will probably kill the credibility for it, but here it goes!

Rumored/Leaked reveals

Batman Arkham Legacy
Crash Bash Remake
Banjo-Redooie (Still hoping it's real...)
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal 2 (The credibility killer probably)
Sly Cooper 5
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch (Sorry, thought it was Prime 4)
BOTW 2 Gameplay
GTA 6
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 Switch remakes
Phoenix Wright Reveal for Smash Bros. Ultimate

There. As I said, two of these probably kill the credibility, but for me, if GTA 6, Sly, Tony Hawk and Batman show up, then it will be true we're getting our duo back again! If none, then sorry I got your hopes up everyone. See you all after the Game Awards Livestream on December 12th!
Banjo-Redooie: If it's real and if it's coming to the Switch, then HELL YES!
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch: I'll actually be able to play those games if this is real.
Phoenix Wright for Smash: I'm of two minds about this: 1. I'd personally prefer someone like Sora or Spyro. but on the other hand, 2. At least Phoenix is a character I'm relatively familiar with and enjoy, so if Sakurai can make him work, I'm all for him. Plus, if this is true, we could get some pretty cool Ace Attorney remixes!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Banjo-Redooie: If it's real and if it's coming to the Switch, then HELL YES!
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch: I'll actually be able to play those games if this is real.
Phoenix Wright for Smash: I'm of two minds about this: 1. I'd personally prefer someone like Sora or Spyro. but on the other hand, 2. At least Phoenix is a character I'm relatively familiar with and enjoy, so if Sakurai can make him work, I'm all for him. Plus, if this is true, we could get some pretty cool Ace Attorney remixes!
I am sorry if I get your hopes up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, with all these supposed deconfirmations going on regarding Fighter #5, am I the only one who feels that DLC talk right now isn't really that fun anymore and is just kind of depressing?

KingEzra123

Smash Cadet
I'm stuck on 2 jiggies in the Banjo Kazooie universe
1. The engine room jiggy at Rusty Bucket Bay
2 the Canary Mary Rematch at Cloud Cuckooland
if anyone has advice on those jiggies i'd appreciate it

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So, with all these supposed deconfirmations going on regarding Fighter #5, am I the only one who feels that DLC talk right now isn't really that fun anymore and is just kind of depressing?
I would feel that way if Banjo & Kazooie were still on the line, because if they weren't announced before this last pass, I would've feared for their very livelihood. It was either E3 or bust for them and if they weren't revealed then, I would've called their inclusion dead in the water and they would probably remain in video game obscurity for the rest of eternity. Thankfully though, we live in a good timeline with their inclusion at long last. That said, I hope people don't end up disappointed and whoever gets chosen for the Fighter Pass and future DLC will be crowd pleasers. Me personally, I'm okay with whoever at this point, but I'd be super happy for one more cartoony platformer. It seems silly that Banjo & Kazooie are the only cartoony animal characters in the Fighter Pass while everyone else are stylized humans. But at least if they have a unique and interesting moveset and history with video gaming, I'll be satisfied, moreso if they're a character people have been waiting for. We'll see come this Thursday!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would feel that way if Banjo & Kazooie were still on the line, because if they weren't announced before this last pass, I would've feared for their very livelihood. It was either E3 or bust for them and if they weren't revealed then, I would've called their inclusion dead in the water and they would probably remain in video game obscurity for the rest of eternity. Thankfully though, we live in a good timeline with their inclusion at long last. That said, I hope people don't end up disappointed and whoever gets chosen for the Fighter Pass and future DLC will be crowd pleasers. Me personally, I'm okay with whoever at this point, but I'd be super happy for one more cartoony platformer. It seems silly that Banjo & Kazooie are the only cartoony animal characters in the Fighter Pass while everyone else are stylized humans. But at least if they have a unique and interesting moveset and history with video gaming, I'll be satisfied, moreso if they're a character people have been waiting for. We'll see come this Thursday!
I also want another "Cartoony Platformer Mascot" to compliment Banjo-Kazooie on the fighter pass as it looks very lopsided, There's not a lot of "Star Power" left in that genre characters wise seeing how all the big ones are already in the game, But there is a few left.

-Crash Bandicoot (Activision)

Probably the most obvious choice that many would agree that is left is Crash Bandicoot who is a gaming icon and was Sony's de facto mascot during the late 90's and early 2000's era of the original Playstation, He also just so happens to be my most wanted 3rd Party Character after Banjo-Kazooie and want to see him throw down with Mario and Sonic.

-Spyro the Dragon (Activision)

Spyro the Dragon is another great option and Playstation icon, But he likely won't get in before Crash as they are both under Activision and Crash is the bigger name.

-Rayman (Ubisoft)

Rayman is another bigger/significant name too in that field who many thought would be a shoe in by now, But for whatever reason despite Nintendo and Ubisoft having a good relationship together they have yet to pull the trigger on that front.

I believe from these Top 3 choices left in the platformer genre here it will ultimately come down to Crash Bandicoot or Rayman, Rayman would be cool, But Crash joining Super Smash Bros would be a much bigger deal.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555

Probably the most obvious choice that many would agree that is left is Crash Bandicoot who is a gaming icon and was Sony's de facto mascot during the late 90's and early 2000's era of the original Playstation, He also just so happens to be my most wanted 3rd Party Character after Banjo-Kazooie and want to see him throw down with Mario and Sonic.
Same here man, I grew up with Both an N64 and a PS1 so Banjo and Crash are special to me. Plus I've got a friend of mine who doesn't care for smash but told me if Crash got in he'd want to play it Competitively so I'd have to teach him everything from the ground up lol but It'd be nice to have another friend playing smash alongside me. I just really hope Crash makes it in, Fighter #5 or Extra down the road.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I also want another "Cartoony Platformer Mascot" to compliment Banjo-Kazooie on the fighter pass as it looks very lopsided, There's not a lot of "Star Power" left in that genre characters wise seeing how all the big ones are already in the game, But there is a few left.

-Spyro the Dragon (Activision)

Spyro the Dragon is another great option and Playstation icon, But he likely won't get in before Crash as they are both under Activision and Crash is the bigger name.

-Rayman (Ubisoft)

Rayman is another bigger/significant name too in that field who many thought would be a shoe in by now, But for whatever reason despite Nintendo and Ubisoft having a good relationship together they have yet to pull the trigger on that front.

I believe from these Top 3 choices left in the platformer genre here it will ultimately come down to Crash Bandicoot or Rayman, Rayman would be cool, But Crash joining Super Smash Bros would be a much bigger deal.
You forgot someone
76b60b19808d98ac30371e86d7c852c020cac949r1-2048-1152v2_00.jpg

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
As much as it sucks to say, But If were being "Realistic" Conker unfortunately doesn't really stand a chance in the fighter ballot, His franchise from a legacy stand point isn't even in the same league as other 3rd Party's such as Crash Bandicoot which was huge back in the day and Sony's flagship series at the time that rivaled Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Conker doesn't have as big of a name/status or fan demand to rally around and also had to compete with fellow Rare series in Banjo-Kazooie which is also a bigger more successful franchise that was pretty much the studio's de facto mascot and more mainstream during the N64 era, There's a reason Banjo-Kazooie was so much more heavily demanded, If any character/franchise was gonna represent Rare without a doubt it was going to be Banjo-Kazooie.

While I am a much bigger fan of Banjo-Kazooie I am still fan of Conker ,But the chances of him joining are very slim to none, While Bad Fur Day is a cult classic and I enjoyed it, It sold very poorly and sort of went under the radar and didn't catch a somewhat wider audience until many years later, Unfortunately Bad Fur Day was Conker's only "Major" game in it' series that never really got a real sequel and I don't think Microsoft really has any interest to invest in the franchise in the future.

Again nothing against Conker, If it was up to me I would definitely put him in Smash, But this is Sakurai's game not mine so he calls the shots and is probably pretty satisfied with Banjo-Kazooie already representing Microsoft/Rare, Now that doesn't mean that Conker still can't join, But I wouldn't bet my money against it when there's bigger platforming mascots out there such as Crash Bandicoot and to a lesser extent Spyro the Dragon and Rayman.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
As much as it sucks to say, But If were being "Realistic" Conker unfortunately doesn't really stand a chance in the fighter ballot, His franchise from a legacy stand point isn't even in the same league as other 3rd Party's such as Crash Bandicoot which was huge back in the day and Sony's flagship series at the time that rivaled Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Conker doesn't have as big of a name/status or fan demand to rally around and also had to compete with fellow Rare series in Banjo-Kazooie which is also a bigger more successful franchise that was pretty much the studio's de facto mascot and more mainstream during the N64 era, There's a reason Banjo-Kazooie was so much more heavily demanded, If any character/franchise was gonna represent Rare without a doubt it was going to be Banjo-Kazooie.

While I am a much bigger fan of Banjo-Kazooie I am still fan of Conker ,But the chances of him joining are very slim to none, While Bad Fur Day is a cult classic and I enjoyed it, It sold very poorly and sort of went under the radar and didn't catch a somewhat wider audience until many years later, Unfortunately Bad Fur Day was Conker's only "Major" game in it' series that never really got a real sequel and I don't think Microsoft really has any interest to invest in the franchise in the future.

Again nothing against Conker, If it was up to me I would definitely put him in Smash, But this is Sakurai's game not mine so he calls the shots and is probably pretty satisfied with Banjo-Kazooie already representing Microsoft/Rare, Now that doesn't mean that Conker still can't join, But I wouldn't bet my money against it when there's bigger platforming mascots out there such as Crash Bandicoot and to a lesser extent Spyro the Dragon and Rayman.
Didn’t Phil say he’s willing to let other rare characters in? I don’t think sales have to do anything of a character being in smash. Earthbound flunked in sales and we have ness.
Conker is starting to get more demand, there was a poll for what character you would like to see get a smash speculation video, and conker won and characters like Sora and Spyro were in it. The same YouTuber made a video on Rayman and conkers video got more views. I don’t think fan demand necessarily means a character can get in, because we have joker.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Didn’t Phil say he’s willing to let other rare characters in? I don’t think sales have to do anything of a character being in smash. Earthbound flunked in sales and we have ness.
Conker is starting to get more demand, there was a poll for what character you would like to see get a smash speculation video, and conker won and characters like Sora and Spyro were in it. The same YouTuber made a video on Rayman and conkers video got more views. I don’t think fan demand necessarily means a character can get in, because we have joker.
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

- I can't recall if Phil Spencer ever mentioned that he's cool with other Microsoft/Rare characters, But at the same time it's pretty much already "Implied" that with Microsoft on board with Banjo-Kazooie joining Super Smash Bros that "Probably" any character/franchise under their ownership is possible or fair game, even the face of the Xbox brand... Halo/Master Chief.

- Of course sales aren't everything, But it certainly helps a characters case a lot more if an established franchise that can at least sell a couple of million and have wider recognition, I mean theres more bigger/established characters/franchises than there are smaller/obscure ones as one would expect from video games biggest crossover.

-The bar is much lower for Nintendo 1st/2nd Party Characters joining Super Smash Bros than 3rd Party that's why we still got characters from smaller/dormant franchises like:

Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
R.O.B (Gyromite)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
etc...

It's an easy legal free way for Nintendo to add more characters to the roster while promoting or keeping their smaller/dormant series relevant, It's a win/win/win situation.

- Earthbound/Ness is a 2nd Party franchise from Nintendo and it's SNES game (1995) was still recent only a few years removed from the release of the original Super Smash Bros (1999) they also probably needed an extra character/franchise to pad out the roster at the time.

- If you look at all the 3rd Party characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate they are either video game icons or at least made at least a significant impact with Nintendo, Japan or gaming in general, Bayonetta is the only questionable character from a status point, But since Nintendo has been working with Platinum Games closely the last several of years I guess they wanted to promote her for her exclusive games on the Wii U/Switch.

- While the demand for Joker wasn't as big in the West, I'm sure he had solid demand in Japan and also had the benefit of being a "Sakurai pick" He mentioned before a huge fan of Persona 5 and how the main menu system and the character face slash/swipe screens before they perform Final Smash's were influenced from that very game, characters or franchises that don't seem as big of a deal to us in the west, But are big and popular in Japan will more times than not take priority which is also why Dragon Quest got in and to a much lesser extent Terry Bogart which is also a "Sakurai Pick" because King of Fighters which I would imagine has at least a solid precense in Japan and said he was a big fan of as well inspired him to start Super Smash Bros.

- Conker's demand may have increased, But I wouldn't say by that much, It's no where near the heavily demanded levels of King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie which took years and years to establish, Conker was always overshadowed by Banjo-Kazooie and with them being out of the way Conker seems like the next obvious inclusion as a Rare rep other than Dixie Kong, But then again there is always the possibility that Microsoft could push Master Chief as the next possible Microsoft rep as it certainly seems like a possibility now and a historic one too.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

- I can't recall if Phil Spencer ever mentioned that he's cool with other Microsoft/Rare characters, But at the same time it's pretty much already "Implied" that with Microsoft on board with Banjo-Kazooie joining Super Smash Bros that "Probably" any character/franchise under their ownership is possible or fair game, even the face of the Xbox brand... Halo/Master Chief.

- Of course sales aren't everything, But it certainly helps a characters case a lot more if an established franchise that can at least sell a couple of million and have wider recognition, I mean theres more bigger/established characters/franchises than there are smaller/obscure ones as one would expect from video games biggest crossover.

-The bar is much lower for Nintendo 1st/2nd Party Characters joining Super Smash Bros than 3rd Party that's why we still got characters from smaller/dormant franchises like:

Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
R.O.B (Gyromite)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
etc...

It's an easy legal free way for Nintendo to add more characters to the roster while promoting or keeping their smaller/dormant series relevant, It's a win/win/win situation.

- Earthbound/Ness is a 2nd Party franchise from Nintendo and it's SNES game (1995) was still recent only a few years removed from the release of the original Super Smash Bros (1999) they also probably needed an extra character/franchise to pad out the roster at the time.

- If you look at all the 3rd Party characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate they are either video game icons or at least made at least a significant impact with Nintendo, Japan or gaming in general, Bayonetta is the only questionable character from a status point, But since Nintendo has been working with Platinum Games closely the last several of years I guess they wanted to promote her for her exclusive games on the Wii U/Switch.

- While the demand for Joker wasn't as big in the West, I'm sure he had solid demand in Japan and also had the benefit of being a "Sakurai pick" He mentioned before a huge fan of Persona 5 and how the main menu system and the character face slash/swipe screens before they perform Final Smash's were influenced from that very game, characters or franchises that don't seem as big of a deal to us in the west, But are big and popular in Japan will more times than not take priority which is also why Dragon Quest got in and to a much lesser extent Terry Bogart which is also a "Sakurai Pick" because King of Fighters which I would imagine has at least a solid precense in Japan and said he was a big fan of as well inspired him to start Super Smash Bros.

- Conker's demand may have increased, But I wouldn't say by that much, It's no where near the heavily demanded levels of King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie which took years and years to establish, Conker was always overshadowed by Banjo-Kazooie and with them being out of the way Conker seems like the next obvious inclusion as a Rare rep other than Dixie Kong, But then again there is always the possibility that Microsoft could push Master Chief as the next possible Microsoft rep as it certainly seems like a possibility now and a historic one too.
Master chief can’t even get in because he doesn’t have a game on a nintendo console. Dixie Kong is part of the donkey Kong franchise, which means they could add her at any time. Nintendo owns the rights to donkey Kong which is how K. Rool got in. If there doing a Microsoft rep, it’s probably gonna be conker.
Sakurai even said that moveset is more important then them being recognizable, which increased conkers chances because he has context sensitive. I’m sure conkers bad fur day inspired some games and it did push the limits of the Nintendo 64.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Master chief can’t even get in because he doesn’t have a game on a nintendo console. Dixie Kong is part of the donkey Kong franchise, which means they could add her at any time. Nintendo owns the rights to donkey Kong which is how K. Rool got in. If there doing a Microsoft rep, it’s probably gonna be conker.
Sakurai even said that moveset is more important then them being recognizable, which increased conkers chances because he has context sensitive. I’m sure conkers bad fur day inspired some games and it did push the limits of the Nintendo 64.
-I'm aware that Nintendo owns the rights to everything DK related, They obviously can add anyone from that franchise as they have full ownership, But it took heavy demand to show fans actually give a damn about King K. Rool and for Sakurai to take notice.

-Any video game character is capable of having moveset potential if you think hard enough, Some are just more easier and obvious than others.

- Just because Master Chief hasn't been on a Nintendo platform doesn't mean he can't join Super Smash Bros, It's up to Nintendo and Microsoft to decide if they want to pull off something historic and the unthinkable, There was even a Halo game in development for the Nintendo DS at one point and who's to say they can't revisit this concept or crossover in the future? If we thought Banjo-Kazooie was impossible, Having one of the most iconic video game characters in the history of gaming and the face of Microsoft's Xbox brand would be a absolutely insane seeing him face off against Mario.

Microsoft is slso credited on the copyright screen, Not Rare, If Master Chief joins they don't have to credit 343 Industries (Halo Developer) at the end of the day Banjo-Kazooie and Master Chief are Xbox characters and both developers are under the corporate umbrella from their parent company Microsoft.

The modern gaming landscape is changing Microsoft doesn't see Nintendo as a threat and have a healthy working relationship with them and to a lesser extent even Sony, They have their sights set on Google and possibly Amazon because they view game streaming as a service and the future and that's who they will be up against, Halo also got released on Steam and will have launch title for the next Xbox in holiday 2020 and even though it was a while ago and who knows if it's even true ,But did had those rumors of Xbox Game Pass and Halo possibly coming to Switch too.

If we get a 2nd Microsoft rep I have my money on Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie already helped Microsoft get a seat at the table and I doubt they will reach back and go for a 2nd Rare character when Banjo-Kazooie was already the biggest character from that bunch and any other Rare character wouldn't be able to top it, But if Microsoft wants to top Banjo-Kazooie then they would go with one of the most iconic video game franchises of all time and the biggest IP in their arsenal and that is Halo.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
-I'm aware that Nintendo owns the rights to everything DK related, They obviously can add anyone from that franchise as they have full ownership, But it took heavy demand to show fans actually give a damn about King K. Rool and for Sakurai to take notice.

-Any video game character is capable of having moveset potential if you think hard enough, Some are just more easier and obvious than others.

- Just because Master Chief hasn't been on a Nintendo platform doesn't mean he can't join Super Smash Bros, It's up to Nintendo and Microsoft to decide if they want to pull off something historic and the unthinkable, There was even a Halo game in development for the Nintendo DS at one point and who's to say they can't revisit this concept or crossover in the future? If we thought Banjo-Kazooie was impossible, Having one of the most iconic video game characters in the history of gaming and the face of Microsoft's Xbox brand would be a absolutely insane seeing him face off against Mario.

Microsoft is slso credited on the copyright screen, Not Rare, If Master Chief joins they don't have to credit 343 Industries (Halo Developer) at the end of the day Banjo-Kazooie and Master Chief are Xbox characters and both developers are under the corporate umbrella from their parent company Microsoft.

The modern gaming landscape is changing Microsoft doesn't see Nintendo as a threat and have a healthy working relationship with them and to a lesser extent even Sony, They have their sights set on Google and possibly Amazon because they view game streaming as a service and the future and that's who they will be up against, Halo also got released on Steam and will have launch title for the next Xbox in holiday 2020 and even though it was a while ago and who knows if it's even true ,But did had those rumors of Xbox Game Pass and Halo possibly coming to Switch too.

If we get a 2nd Microsoft rep I have my money on Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie already helped Microsoft get a seat at the table and I doubt they will reach back and go for a 2nd Rare character when Banjo-Kazooie was already the biggest character from that bunch and any other Rare character wouldn't be able to top it, But if Microsoft wants to top Banjo-Kazooie then they would go with one of the most iconic video game franchises of all time and the biggest IP in their arsenal and that is Halo.
It never got released, which means halo never had a game on a Nintendo console which means Master Chief doesn’t qualify. Every character even Joker and Cloud appeared on a Nintendo console prior their releases on smash.
Sakurai said it’s more important for a character to have a good moveset then be recognizable and I think he said it’s better that their moveset is from their games and not made up.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Anyone read about the banjo redooie rumor?
If a banjo kazooie remake ever came to be I hope it looks like this but even better
87A930EB-71F7-40CC-AEA1-F9741DC33546.png

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It never got released, which means halo never had a game on a Nintendo console which means Master Chief doesn’t qualify. Every character even Joker and Cloud appeared on a Nintendo console prior their releases on smash.
Sakurai said it’s more important for a character to have a good moveset then be recognizable and I think he said it’s better that their moveset is from their games and not made up.
Dude, That cancelled game was meant to show that Nintendo and Microsoft have negotiated before on the IP potentially going on Nintendo consoles and don't be surprised if they revisit the idea again and it actually does come to Nintendo consoles in the near future.

So you saying a character can't be recognizable and have a good moveset at the same time? Because like I mentioned before any video game character is capable of having a moveset if you think hard enough.

Master Chief is a video game character, Where else would his moveset come from?

All Sakurai said is that a newcomer has to have originated from a video game and he said himself that he is a student of the video game industry and is a fan of many different kind of games on different platforms.

Is it very likely that Master Chief makes it in? Ptobably not. Is it impossible ? Absolutely not.

Bottom Line: Microsoft is already on board so Master Chief is technically fair game, Who's to say that he wasn't negotiated along side Banjo-Kazooie with Phil Spencer?

I can definitely see scenario where Microsoft allowed Nintendo the rights to use Banjo-Kazooie on the condition that Master Chief also gets to join Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Dude, That cancelled game was meant to show that Nintendo and Microsoft have negotiated before on the IP potentially going on Nintendo consoles and don't be surprised if they revisit the idea again and it actually does come to Nintendo consoles in the near future.

So you saying a character can't be recognizable and have a good moveset at the same time? Because like I mentioned before any video game character is capable of having a moveset if you think hard enough.

Master Chief is a video game character, Where else would his moveset come from?

All Sakurai said is that a newcomer has to have originated from a video game and he said himself that he is a student of the video game industry and is a fan of many different kind of games on different platforms.

Is it very likely that Master Chief makes it in? Ptobably not. Is it impossible ? Absolutely not.

Bottom Line: Microsoft is already on board so Master Chief is technically fair game, Who's to say that he wasn't negotiated along side Banjo-Kazooie with Phil Spencer?

I can definitely see scenario where Microsoft allowed Nintendo the rights to use Banjo-Kazooie on the condition that Master Chief also gets to join Super Smash Bros.
Conker has better moveset potential then Crash, Spyro, Rayman, and master chief and Sakurai said moveset is more important

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
I admit I never believe rumors for a new banjo game whenever those come around but since platformer remake are becoming a real trend with spongebob, spyro and, crash Bandicoot in on it. I got a tiny bit of hope. It would be great if they added more content like the rest of the stop n swap items and finished the last world in tooie. Also it would be cool if they interweave the 2 games together, imagine after beating kazooie you can start the tooie story and it will still let you go back to the kazooie worlds through the caves to collect some missing jiggies and stop n swap items while using tooie moves

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Conker has better moveset potential then Crash, Spyro, Rayman, and master chief and Sakurai said moveset is more important
Even when Sakurai said that, It doesn't change that fact and can't be a coincidence that pretty much all 3rd Party Characters he added in Super Smash Bros are significant names or icons regardless of their movesets.

He also stated that his goal with Super Smash Bros Ultimate is to not only make it the best smash game ever, But he also believes that he won't have another opportunity like this to crossover so many "Major" game franchises because of negotiation and licensing issues so he's treating this almost as his final smash game and doing his damnest to truly make it "Ultimate" and to do that you more times than not have to go after the "Big Fish".

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Even when Sakurai said that, It doesn't change that fact and can't be a coincidence that pretty much all 3rd Party Characters he added in Super Smash Bros are significant names or icons regardless of their movesets.

He also stated that his goal with Super Smash Bros Ultimate is to not only make it the best smash game ever, But he also believes that he won't have another opportunity like this to crossover so many "Major" game franchises because of negotiation and licensing issues so he's treating this almost as his final smash game and doing his damnest to truly make it "Ultimate" and to do that you more times than not have to go after the "Big Fish".
I wouldn’t think joker is a gaming icon and all dlc characters have some sort of gimmick, Joker has arsene, Hero has MP, Banjo has wondering, terry have GO! So that means Sakurai put more work into these characters then most other characters. You don’t need to be a gaming icon to make it into smash if we have characters like pit, ice climbers, Wii fit trainer,etc. Conker is a gaming icon, his game pushed the limits of the n64 and I’m sure he inspired some games. How come Microsoft put conker in project spark and that vr game instead of banjo?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
BanjoRedooie.jpeg

As much as I'd like to believe Banjo-Redooie is a real thing, it seems all that the 4chan post it comes from has going for it is RE3 at State of Play, which isn't a very difficult thing to guess at considering the only two venues for a reveal like that were State of Play or TGAs. Everything else listed also seems pretty safe as far as predictions go: Bayonetta 3, FP5, new Crash stuff, GTA6. So I'm calling bull**** on this, though I hope I'm wrong. A Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remake would be the sickest ****.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Imo the next Microsoft owned characters that I could see as DLC after Banjo & Kazooie would have to be between Master Chief, Steve, Fulgore, and Rash (Master Chief and Steve being more likely) before we see Conker.

View attachment 252169
As much as I'd like to believe Banjo-Redooie is a real thing, it seems all that the 4chan post it comes from has going for it is RE3 at State of Play, which isn't a very difficult thing to guess at considering the only two venues for a reveal like that were State of Play or TGAs. Everything else listed also seems pretty safe as far as predictions go: Bayonetta 3, FP5, new Crash stuff, GTA6. So I'm calling bull**** on this, though I hope I'm wrong. A Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remake would be the sickest ****.
If Banjo-Redooie, THPS Remake and Rayman 2 Remake are real then I hope they're all going to be developed by the right team of people.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If Banjo-Redooie, THPS Remake and Rayman 2 Remake are real than I hope they're all going to be developed by the right team of people.
I wouldn't doubt that'd be the case. I mean, I don't think it was lost on anyone that the N-Sane Trilogy did as well as it did because of how faithful of a remake it was. If they're doing a Redooie, they'd want to do it right.

Top Bottom