• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't put it past someone to take the time and resources to fake Google Theory, but I'm also of the mind that it could easily be Nintendo doing weird stuff.

Content holders often will do things that make no sense in terms of advertisements, videos, and online content. And I've seen speculation over them go rampant before its finally revealed to be nothing. This could easily be Nintendo literally tagging those advertisements to a selection of characters .... and for reasons OUTSIDE of smash dlc.

I brought up an idea of them tagging those characters because perhaps they're getting Switch content soon ... and they figured attaching Smash DLC ads might convince gamers to give Smash a try ... Perhaps they'll be in the Nintendo Direct at E3. Or maybe there's other reasons we don't know about.

I think it's a big leap to say that because these ads show up for these characters = they're in the DLC.

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
Dang so based on Grants comments no Threeie at E3 this year? Not that I expected it. I'll be satisfied with a Smash appearance.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That was purposely structured to get the reaction it did. lol

We all know the expression when pigs fly. He outright said a pig was flying. Implying that a pig flying moment was going to happen. Just to go "lol thats not what I meant!" Even thought its obvious what he meant. I'm sure it gave him a quick laugh but it's still kinda mean. The classic brit-snark

Last edited:
Dang so based on Grants comments no Threeie at E3 this year? Not that I expected it. I'll be satisfied with a Smash appearance.
Not that he knows of, anyway. It could still happen (who knows how likely it actually is though). I feel like they’d have to make the announcement first before they get people like Grant on board. Keep it top secret and then make the announcement

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
He worded it 100% the opposite way of what he meant to say. How does one **** up so badly? lmao
Either way he can't avoid or stop expectations being risen already for E3.

D

Deleted member

Hey instead of bugging grant more how about you guys check out my Nintendo e3 bingo card!
5C726609-46CB-4CE7-ACC6-EA17AD9ED632.jpeg

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
How does one misconstrue the expression ‘when pigs fly’ so badly lmfao? It’s a pretty commonly known expression even with how weirdly Grant worded it plus his past statements on the future of Banjo-Kazooie. But I suppose that’s to be expected at this point, we’re all so desperate to latch onto any hope we can get from leaks and statements that we’ll jump onto anything even remotely hinting at a possible return for the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies. At this point I really just want and hope for both Banjo & Kazooie in Smash and Rare Replay with Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and possibly even Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge, Banjo-Pilot, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n’ Bolts on the Switch (although I’m not expecting any of these, I at least want the first three games on the Nintendo Switch and of course them in Smash).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Banjo is popular enough to get in to Smash without a new game to promote right? It's not like K. Rool was promoting any new, upcoming title when he was added.

Well that and Rare Replay coming to Switch (or at least that was the rumor at some point). That could be an incentive for Nintendo to choose Banjo over Steve potentially since Minecraft is already on the Switch, not even accounting for Banjo's massive Smash popularity.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
What's the status on the ads? Are they still there, or did Google take them down? It won't confirm the theory, but at least we'll know if nintendo made them.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Phil Spencer: "I think I'll get Rare to start work on Banjo Threeie... WHEN PIGS FLY"

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Supposedly people have gotten it to work with Sora?
Mmm no I'm in the discord and I haven't seen anything like that. Still the same 5 names, though they have gotten certain DLC names to work. Specifically from Dark Souls, maybe others. Still only the 5 characters.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Banjo is popular enough to get in to Smash without a new game to promote right? It's not like K. Rool was promoting any new, upcoming title when he was added.

Well that and Rare Replay coming to Switch (or at least that was the rumor at some point). That could be an incentive for Nintendo to choose Banjo over Steve potentially since Minecraft is already on the Switch, not even accounting for Banjo's massive Smash popularity.
Joker didn't promote a new game, and he's a far less known character than Banjo.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Has anyone cheacked to see if mii costume/character DLC triggers the adds ? I don't live there so I cant check !

BC maybe some of those characters are Mii costumes & not playble characters we need to check

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I fought MTP in Smash WiiU a few times on for glory 4P he only ever used Dr.Mario & spam very bad nicknames at me & would only agressivly attack me only B/C I decided to only use Rosalina & kept winning matches LOL he then stalked me on miiverse for a bit witch was fun as I just sent him rosalina pictures

to bad when the update happend I lost all my replays of me beating him up as rosalina XD HAHAHA so much fun

YOU HERE THAT MTP ! 1V1 ME IN ULTIMATE ! I don't even use rosalina anymore ! but I could still beat you again ! LOL

what a sad little strange man he is

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 7.10.37 PM.png

Does anyone know how long Xbox had this specific pic for their Twitter profile? I'm sure it's 100% nothing, but I just find the theme of it...interesting.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
View attachment 219358

Does anyone know how long Xbox had this specific pic for their Twitter profile? I'm sure it's 100% nothing, but I just find the theme of it...interesting.
It's just a tie-in to Game of Thrones I believe, but I too raised an eyebrow at that. It's pretty coincidental how similar it looks to the Smash logo all flamed up in the first teaser for Ultimate lol

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Has anyone cheacked to see if mii costume/character DLC triggers the adds ? I don't live there so I cant check !

BC maybe some of those characters are Mii costumes & not playble characters we need to check
So then we would have to check
-Tails Smash Bros Ultimate
-Knuckles Smash Bros Ultimate
-Morgana Smash Bros Ultimate
-Persona 4 Protagonist Smash Bros Ultimate
-Teddie Smash Bros Ultimate
-Persona 3 Protagonist Smash Bros Ultimate
As they are out current mii dlc. I don't think the old outfits would work anyways since some people tried names like Monster Hunter, Heihachi and Geno already.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Joker didn't promote a new game, and he's a far less known character than Banjo.
Ehh, IDK if I would say that. Joker does have more exposure to this generation of Smash fans and is probably more popular in Japan. But yeah I get the sentiment, Banjo is a really popular character requested since the days of Melee. It's a long time coming for him.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
According to everyone in Papagenos discord, ads are starting to stop working for the 4 mystery characters. Some key words are still showing the ad, but only if you include dlc in your search according to the duckmeat guy. Id link to it but i dont know how doscord works (just made one), but its all there

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Update from the discord... apparently the adds are being changed but not being taken down.. according to the duck guy this is huge in favor of the google theory because that could mean Nintendo is altering the adverts. If they were fake they would be removed completely. It's looking good for Google theory at the moment..

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Update from the discord... apparently the adds are being changed but not being taken down.. according to the duck guy this is huge in favor of the google theory because that could mean Nintendo is altering the adverts. If they were fake they would be removed completely. It's looking good for Google theory at the moment..
Oh gosh oh frick Erdrick has airpods in he can't hear the Google theory approaching. Oh gosh oh frick
1557626415736.png

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Dunno guys n gals.. it's looking like Nintendo screwed up and we know the remaining DLC the discord is hyping responsibly but it's looking pretty legit right now.. Banjo is looking real

Top Bottom