• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I should order a bust of my likeness so I can get a head of myself like you guys. :p
I'll have you know I can't get ahead of my self since I lost my head years ago.

Ok but really if anyone finds it please give it back to me. It's been so long and I've been so lonely without it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Next question is will Google Theory survive until E3?
Yes! Unless it get's debunked before than which I highly doubt. This is certainly better than just the whole conversation being about two characters aka Steve and Erdrick. I don't have anything against them, I'm just tired of hearing about them all the time in this community.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
se if he had to stick to characters with moveset potential, we would have a much limited character pool. Zelda probably wouldn't get in to Melee and characters like Captain Falcon would have no chance.
lmao really? You're trying to throw that petty excuse at me? Of course the character pool would be shallower if we stuck with just characters with moveset potential, that's obvious. But it doesn't get much more shallow with the removal of characters without a moveset potential(Joker) You're talking like there's no characters out there with moveset potential so there HAS to be a huge focus on these stupid characters. Focusing on characters with no moveset potential is a bad thing. Would you rather have more characters like ROB over ones like Isaac, Crash, Spyro, Sir Daniel, Shante. Shovel Knight, ect?

And it's also sad to see characters like Rob and Joker get so much love, while unique characters with a lot to them are bland or clones - Ganondorf, Samus, Donkey Kong, Toon and Young Link. This is another thing that focusing on characters with no moveset potential gets you.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
lmao really? You're trying to throw that petty excuse at me? Of course the character pool would be shallower if we stuck with just characters with moveset potential, that's obvious. But it doesn't get much more shallow with the removal of characters without a moveset potential(Joker) You're talking like there's no characters out there with moveset potential so there HAS to be a huge focus on these stupid characters. Focusing on characters with no moveset potential is a bad thing. Would you rather have more characters like ROB over ones like Isaac, Crash, Spyro, Sir Daniel, Shante. Shovel Knight, ect?

And it's also sad to see characters like Rob and Joker get so much love, while unique characters with a lot to them are bland or clones - Ganondorf, Samus, Donkey Kong, Toon and Young Link. This is another thing that focusing on characters with no moveset potential gets you.
How the heck is Donkey Kong bland? He has plenty of moves and references to his games, he's one of the most highly expressive and emotive playable characters, and he's big, fast, and powerful. Seems like Donkey Kong to me. And he's gotten a ton of content in Ultimate for his universe, including five new arrangements of his music, an assist trophy from his games for the first time, the best stages from past games returning, a much better and more relevant Final Smash, about 40 individual spirits, and his archnemesis who hasn't been in a game in over ten years finally becoming a playable character after being highly requested. And what exactly is wrong with R.O.B.? He's a unique character too who references a real-world peripheral for the NES! I love weird outside the box character selections like him, Mr. Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt that celebrate the early days of Nintendo. Also kind of surprised to see Sir Daniel Fortesque from MediEvil among your character choices considering I never hear anything about him in Smash speculation, which makes sense since he's had absolutely NO connection with Nintendo, being a solely Sony Playstation exclusive.

osby

Smash Obsessed

You keep saying Joker has no moveset potential, where he uses a knife and gun together with Arsene and casts spells. Regardless of your feelings about his implementation and character himself, saying he has no moveset potential sounds highly biased.

D

Deleted member

Would you rather have more characters like ROB over ones like Isaac, Crash, Spyro, Sir Daniel, Shante. Shovel Knight, ect?
If that were the case...yes I would. even if one of them were steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Shovel Knight doesn't really have much unique moveset potential.

If we had Cranky Kong (or Scrooge McDuck) then Shovel Knight would be practically a clone.

Though I ain't gonna lie Sir Daniel is the one sword guy I'd really love.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Shovel Knight has a TON of moveset potential he has all those relics to use for a moveset

Violante

Smash Apprentice
I have to say the composer for Banjo-Kazooie openly talking about how expecting a new game is a pipe dream one month before E3 isn't a good sign for the Google Theory. Of course including Banjo in Ultimate is wildly more realistic than Banjo-Threeie, but the transparency of discussion over the character's relevancy from key people, still, rubs me the wrong way. Still doesn't kill hope for me unless someone like Gregg Mayles, Rare or Phil Spencer come out and say something negative.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Understood. Just makes me believe he's not involved with a potential Banjo DLC, which would be disappointing, although not a deal breaker.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Understood. Just makes me believe he's not involved with a potential Banjo DLC, which would be disappointing, although not a deal breaker.
Well, if he is not involved, and Banjo is in, who would make some new music for Banjo’s home stage?

domriver

Smash Lord
Banjo Kazooie stage - hummmm - It has to be Spiral Mountain with moving platform showing everything. Gruntilda's Face, That Big Rock that fell on her - that Mechanical Drill that her sisters came in. I dont know what else. Jiggy / bottles and other :)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Well, if he is not involved, and Banjo is in, who would make some new music for Banjo’s home stage?
Anyone from Sakurais group of composers that he had work with this game. Theres plenty to choose from. We didnt get any new music from David Wise when K. Rool got in eother, so even if he was important to the series he doesnt need to know, especially since he isnt with Rare anymore.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Joker only got like 1 or 2 remixed songs so if banjo got in he would have maybe 1 or 2 remixed songs with the rest being original songs AKA grant's songs with out him needing to be involved

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd be perfectly fine with simple ports of banjo's songs. No remixes required.
N&B already had some awesome remixes.
I'm sure with the lengths Sakurai went with the Persona stuff, he would probably have one or two remixed arrangements of a theme or two, maybe even a level medley of some sort. But it really would be unnecessary, like you guys said their music is already so good and catchy, and porting one or two Nuts n' Bolts arrangements would be enough for me ^^

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Getting Banjo in Smash and NOT letting the Smash sound team take a crack at some Kirkhope stuff is a huge waste of potential IMO

Not like every track included would be remixed anyway

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Honestly I'd be pretty hyped if the Google "leak" turned out to be true, Doomguy is awesome and I never knew how cool Artorias would be until this leak, I'm all for him.

I'm "meh" towards Hayabusa.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
If the Google Leak is true that means we're probably gonna get some sick ass music. Especially hype for BFG Division from Doomguy

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think that Grant would certainly not know if Banjo & Kazooie were in Smash, though I have a suspicion if there was a Banjo Threeie, Grant would be heavily involved. To me, it means if there is a Banjo Threeie, it would still be in the conceptual stage. Though, my bet is there's no Banjo Threeie. Mayles has checked out, unless Microsoft got other developers to take it on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not going all-in on Google theory, but people laughing at those who are considering it/find it plausible need to get off their high-horse. It's not like Nintendo hasn't slipped up before, even in obvious cases.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I find google theory intresting but I'll wait for more proof on it B4 i beleve but at least its entertaining

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree, who knows maybe it'll help make the next few weeks til e3 fly by if any new info on it breaks out

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
As fun as this google theory is, I'm more optimistic about the rare replay store page being updated and the banjo games being in the demo machines. When was the last time that was updated like that?

Top Bottom