• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I doubt this was one person if it was Nintendo. It was the entire marketing department at Nintendo of Europe. I'm sure these ads see several levels of approval before they are sent out.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, because if it's real then it was Nintendo mess up.
Sorry, but I am going with Chinderblock with this one. Plus, according to him, it seems there are some things you may not realize about this whole thing, and Chinder seems to more know on the subject, no offense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Figured. So basically, whoever did this is in big trouble either way, provided that they find out who it is that did this.
Of course, it depends the context too. Somebody starting the ads way sooner than they should be would be in trouble. It's not a "Nintendo" mess-up at all in that regard.

It's not that it's Dark Souls.

It's that it's a boss over the main dudes.
And also a very important character in the story. He's the Nightmare(Soul Calibur) of the game, a very iconic and popular character. He also does everything the "main" character can do but more. It's like choosing Robin over Chrom. A logical choice because of better moveset potential. If he wasn't an important character, sure. It really doesn't matter inherently if they're a player character or just a single main character. Remember, Artorias is literally the face of the Definitive Edition. They are treating him as a main character of the series overall. He's a very viable option for many reasons.

There's better reasons to doubt this one, but this one isn't it. A lot don't realize his impact, but people aren't used to someone other than a main hero(or mascot) getting in first, so I can see why people think this. Problem is that's just a pattern, not a rule.

Sorry, but I am going with Chinderblock with this one. Plus, according to him, it seems there are some things you may not realize about this whole thing, and Chinder seems to more know on the subject, no offense.
I'm female. >.<

Thanks, though~

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And also a very important character in the story. He's the Nightmare(Soul Calibur) of the game, a very iconic and popular character. He also does everything the "main" character can do but more. It's like choosing Robin over Chrom. A logical choice because of better moveset potential. If he wasn't an important character, sure. It really doesn't matter inherently if they're a player character or just a single main character. Remember, Artorias is literally the face of the Definitive Edition. They are treating him as a main character of the series overall. He's a very viable option for many reasons.

There's better reasons to doubt this one, but this one isn't it. A lot don't realize his impact, but people aren't used to someone other than a main hero(or mascot) getting in first, so I can see why people think this. Problem is that's just a pattern, not a rule.
Alright, I doubt it less now. I knew he had some deep lore after reading some stuffs, but since he was DLC I thought he was just some cool boss with some story, and I didn't know how important they considered him. I can see Sakurai choosing him, then.

Still not going all-in on Google Theory of course, but I can see it happening.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So it would basically be another Galaga Tears situation?

While were on the topic, I wonder how many repercussions the person who leaked Ken faced...
Yeah pretty much.

That's fine but Chinder is very mistaken about the severity of the situation. She keeps equating it to ROM selling which directly causes Nintendo financial harm. While the ads actually give Nintendo financial gain and actually have no official Nintendo logos on them or anything so it's not impersonation and they aren't using the IP themselves so it in no way could cause Nintendo to lose their IP. Really this is like people spreading information by word of mouth. This person if faking the ads isn't causing any financial harm to Nintendo nor are they misrepresenting the IP so her examples are wrong.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
A friend on Twitter raised an interesting point about Steve

1557803011070.png

Which to me kind of pivots back to that guy on Discord way back when

DamageControl.png

We all dismissed RaddestBro for not knowing anything since he was low ranking employee... but what if..

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A friend on Twitter raised an interesting point about Steve

View attachment 219747

Which to me kind of pivots back to that guy on Discord way back when

View attachment 219748

We all dismissed RaddestBro for not knowing anything since he was low ranking employee... but what if..
I don't expect Steve on the 17th if at all, but at this point I don't think we can safely say for sure who would know or that he's disconfirmed since Aubrey and Rad just said it was their opinion/view. Rad even seemed to act like he wouldn't know about his game characters getting in, as if he heard the Maxwell rumor and waited to see if it would happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OH GREAT! That's the second time I had such a mix up about gender happen, the other one happening on another site. Man, I suck at determining genders.

You're welcome, though.
The username and avatar is admittedly hard to tell. No biggie~

Alright, I doubt it less now. I knew he had some deep lore after reading some stuffs, but since he was DLC I thought he was just some cool boss with some story, and I didn't know how important they considered him. I can see Sakurai choosing him, then.
I was skeptical till I actually read the important factors, at least. But I'm more skeptical of the leak in itself. It feels to Grinchy to me. At least the characters feel all plausible, respectively.

With the possibility of major impersonation issues(which is always the case if you create fake ads for something you don't own. False advertising is illegal too for a reason, which is a severe misuse of the IP as well, of course), as there's too many jerks/trolls who will gladly spend money to illegally create stuff to hurt others, you've got quite a serious crime on our hands. Let's just say this is far bigger than the romsite too, as that one was just selling stuff illegally, but not impersonating(a serious crime) or false advertising(another criminal act). To say the least, I don't feel sorry for this troll to begin with. Once they're found out(assuming this is fake), they're as good as bankrupt. Misusing multiple IP's not just from Nintendo, but other companies, to falsely advertise things is just a hilariously stupid idea it hurts(...which is why the idea of it being from MarioTehPlumber fits the bill).

-------------------

As for the Steve thing, no way Minecon will reveal him anyway unless a Nintendo employee is there to oversee it. It's still not their particular thing to show off. It's a Nintendo-specific event of sorts. I doubt we'll see anything at Minecon either way. Best I could see is maybe some SSB-related costumes added. Which would be a funny twist, especially if Steve becomes playable, heh.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Aside from the leak talk, if Banjo-Kazooie in, who would like to see Gruntilda as a stage hazard in the home stage, like the witches in the Gerudo Valley stage?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The username and avatar is admittedly hard to tell. No biggie~
You know, I believe you once described yourself as a vampire hunter in some way. I guess based on your last post about your gender, that makes you a female vampire hunter, which is very cool if you ask me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, I believe you once described yourself as a vampire hunter in some way. I guess based on your last post about your gender, that makes you a female vampire hunter, which is very cool if you ask me.
That was a joke on how I'm using an avatar and username based upon Simon Belmont.

I'm a bit more of a vampire myself in some ways. I'm a night owl, effectively have fangs now thanks to the implants I have for my fake teeth, and somehow don't mind the taste of my own blood. Kind of weird, but I am weird. Being born on Halloween just doesn't feel like a coincidence, really.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That was a joke on how I'm using an avatar and username based upon Simon Belmont.

I'm a bit more of a vampire myself in some ways. I'm a night owl, effectively have fangs now thanks to the implants I have for my fake teeth, and somehow don't mind the taste of my own blood. Kind of weird, but I am weird. Being born on Halloween just doesn't feel like a coincidence, really.
Oh, okay. Still, female vampires are cool. Which means you are, too.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
User was warned for this post
Is this like a good thing or a bad thing for us? I’m confused
Think of this as a logical paradox against Blockheads. Either they accept the truth that Steve isn't in based on what Raddestbro and Aubry said, or they dismiss them and give up the claim that Steve's in and will be announced on the 17th. I say helped us because it'll be fun to watch them squirm around an excuse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Think of this as a logical paradox against Blockheads. Either they accept the truth that Steve isn't in based on what Raddestbro said, or they dismiss him and give up the claim that Steve's in and will be announced on the 17th. I say helped us because it'll be fun to watch them squirm around an excuse.
Now I get it. thanks for telling me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still don't think what RaddestBro or Aubrey said disconfirmed Steve; just hurt his chances at best, but personally after some thought I think it meant nothing, or else they would've just been more clear about it (seriously why lie? just say it and ignore all the annoying people, it's the dang internet. I see no point in assuming 100% they meant more than what they said/are hiding something, they could've just made a mistake like people normally do).

I really don't see the need to bring this back up, some of the people on twitter seem like excited fans moreso than trolls who just want to annoy others.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Is this like a good thing or a bad thing for us? I’m confused
If true, it would be good. I've believed from the beginning that Aubrey and Radbro had VERY sudden and suspicious changes of heart once they started getting lots of attention. Always seemed odd to me, but whatever.

To be honest, I dont think that anyone involved in serious fighter pass discussion/speculation ever thought that Steve would be revealed on the 17th by Mojang. It actually hurts his chances more than anything else if you ask me.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I love it when smash fans are like:

"Artorias? Pffffft! There's no way sakurai would prioritize a boss over the player's character. But Solaire tho! He's more likely! It totally makes sense that sakurai would prioritize a npc over the player's character."

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I love it when smash fans are like:

"Artorias? Pffffft! There's no way sakurai would put boss in over the player's character. But Solaire tho! He's more likely! It totally makes sense that sakurai would put a npc over the player's character."
I figured Solaire was a main character but I don't really know.

If Artorias is important, however, then yeah I can see him possibly getting in before the other two. Sakurai could also be going for an idea similar to what he talked about in regards to Piranha Plant or something, and the player character seems to be different in the other Dark Souls games anyway so it wouldn't be like Ridley getting in before Samus.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

If Artorias is important, however, then yeah I can see him possibly getting in before the other two. Sakurai could also be going for an idea similar to what he talked about in regards to Piranha Plant or something, and the player character seems to be different in the other Dark Souls games anyway so it wouldn't be like Ridley getting in before Samus.
I feel like Dark souls is similar to Monster hunter in that the player character isn't the main focus. The hard boss battles and dour atmosphere are the main attraction to them. Giving it thought I believe Artorias fits this perfectly since his battle is so hard and his lore is dark and depressing.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Solaire is a very popular, and likeable, npc in the first game. Definitely iconic in his own right, but he doesn't quite match the significance that artorias does.

The only thing that has me scratching my head is how they would implement artorias' busted arm.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Solaire is a very popular, and likeable, npc in the first game. Definitely iconic in his own right, he doesn't quite matches the significance that artorias does.

The only thing that has me scratching my head is how they would implement artorias' busted arm.
There are some possibilities:

-He hangs from a ledge with his working arm and uses his strength to pull himself back up, not requiring his other arm

-He puts his sword away when grabbing an item, and quickly pulls it back out after using the item

-He grabs opponents by stabbing his sword through them (not sure if they'd actually do this or if it'd make sense but y'know) or lunges his arm and sword around them

They could also go for a past version of him where his broken arm is still good, I guess.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
-He puts his sword away when grabbing an item, and quickly pulls it back out after using the item
Even if it's supposed to be busted, I can sort of see them cheating a bit by having him hold an item in his other hand and doing an underhanded throw, though that makes the melee items questionable

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Even if it's supposed to be busted, I can sort of see them cheating a bit by having him hold an item in his other hand and doing an underhanded throw, though that makes the melee items questionable
Simple. Just have him grab **** with his mouth. I mean, he's based on Guts for a reason:4pacman:
20190514_005144.png

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
That's a case where a cease and desist is fine.

Impersonation is well beyond that type of thing.

This is a very serious crime if a person is creating the ads. Also, selling a console with roms is a unique case too. I also don't know the details behind it either. But that can also be a quick cease and desist because it's a literal single console and was already sold. Best they can do is quickly take ahold of the item and maybe sue the person if they need to. They're still taking action however via requisition. They actually did try go after Youtubers before, actually. They changed their policy later on to avoid losing their IP's by allowing people to use it for revenue, fixing the issue. The important part is they have to take action in some way, which can include changing policies to get around losing their IP's. Impersonating is not something remotely like a single one of those cases. This is way more like the romsites which was used to make tons of money. Which they did take down because they lost millions of dollars in potential sales(if the person was distributing free roms, or a single console one time with roms, it's not nearly as serious as a crime. Especially since one can literally just save all their game data on a memory card, which is very similar to the console rom situation, sell it, and there's little to be done about it. There's actually a lot of official old game console variations that are sold worldwide. It's not as easy to go against, but they're also legal enough they can't take action. Soulja Boy is in a muddy enough area where Nintendo won't lose their IP's either. It was a lucky break for them, so they aren't forced to go against it).

You're still comparing apples to oranges, however. Once again, the only comparable situation thusfar that they've gone after is the romsite, which actually sold roms(instead of letting people download them for free, which in the case of "free", Nintendo isn't forced to go after them, but still can legally tell them to cease and desist). It's a hefty money situation, and constantly has tons of ads that affect potentially billions of people. It's far more serious than people seem to realize. This is a huge deal if it's fake. This is ignoring the factor that a lot of companies have their own IP's being messed with too. It's a big deal for them as well. Besides that, these are ads for the Fighter's Pass, which directly is affecting Nintendo money-wise. Of course, that's if this is fake. If it's not fake, sweet. If it's fake, that person pretty much is going to be so far in debt they'll be bankrupt.
You are thinking of trademark dilution which is not the same as a copyright infringement, If someone makes a game, advertises in google it as a Mario game, and enough people call it a "Mario game", then they would probably lose the 'Mario' trademark, but not the character, games, music etc. Under no circumstances could Nintendo lose the rights to their IPs through a Google ad.

If IP holders had to enforce copyrights like they do trademarks fan art, fan fiction, fan anything wouldn't exist. The whole "Nintendo has to protect their IPs or else they'll go public domain!" is an old internet myth. Otherwise, companies like SEGA and Valve would have 0 IP at this point as they are very loose in their IP use,

Nintendo also considers emulators (which soulja boy was profiting from) to be the most damaging thing to their IP

How Does Nintendo Feel About the Emergence of Video Game Emulators?

The introduction of emulators created to play illegally copied Nintendo software represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers. As is the case with any business or industry, when its products become available for free, the revenue stream supporting that industry is threatened. Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $15 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs.
Nintendo is absolutely not going to take this guy to court when Artorias inevitebly isn't a DLC character.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You are thinking of trademark dilution which is not the same as a copyright infringement, If someone makes a game, advertises in google it as a Mario game, and enough people call it a "Mario game", then they would probably lose the 'Mario' trademark, but not the character, games, music etc. Under no circumstances could Nintendo lose the rights to their IPs through a Google ad.

If IP holders had to enforce copyrights like they do trademarks fan art, fan fiction, fan anything wouldn't exist. The whole "Nintendo has to protect their IPs or else they'll go public domain!" is an old internet myth. Otherwise, companies like SEGA and Valve would have 0 IP at this point as they are very loose in their IP use,

Nintendo also considers emulators (which soulja boy was profiting from) to be the most damaging thing to their IP

Nintendo is absolutely not going to take this guy to court when Artorias inevitebly isn't a DLC character.
Thank you for explaining it. I couldn't seem to get that point across adequately.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Yall talking about Artorias and now me learning that he has a busted arm is making me really want him more.

that **** is cool

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ryu Hayabusa: An interview revealed that the team hadn't talked with Sakurai about Smash, but if they did their first pick would be Kasumi anyway
Just to clarify this: the team that was interviewed when asked about Smash was the Dead or Alive development team. The team doesn't have anything to do with other projects that the Ninja Gaiden team has done. Not since Itagaki left. For the Ninja Gaiden side you're going to be looking for a quote from Fumihiko Yasuda who has led the recent Ninja Gaiden games, Nioh, and presumably Nioh 2. If anyone would know about a deal with Sakurai or Smash it's him.

Yosei Shimbori. The director of Dead or Alive 6 actually recently stepped down as director of that title due to controversy so, it's unlikely he would be informed of any such deal...

Anyways! This is a Banjo thread so back to Banjo! Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Yall talking about Artorias and now me learning that he has a busted arm is making me really want him more.

that **** is cool
What's even cooler, is that artorias is left-handed. Not only is his arm broken, but he's also fighting with his off hand.

Edit: inb4 this turns into an artorias support thread. Which I'm not opposed to.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What's even cooler, is that artorias is left-handed. Not only is his arm broken, but he's also fighting with his off hand.

Edit: inb4 this turns into an artorias support thread. Which I'm not opposed to.
Thats pretty badass. He has my support.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Find it hilarious that we're about to support the hell outta Artorias because, if he's announced at E3 and Banjo isn't, it means the rumor is right and we're guaranteed to get Banjo before February. And that's a good feeling.

And hell, as a SoulsBorne fanatic, that couldn't make me happier.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Find it hilarious that we're about to support the hell outta Artorias because, if he's announced at E3 and Banjo isn't, it means the rumor is right and we're guaranteed to get Banjo before February. And that's a good feeling.

And hell, as a SoulsBorne fanatic, that couldn't make me happier.
Thanks for giving me an idea.
yet another infinity war meme.png

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
I still get the google ad for banjo in Germany.

As much as I want it to be true, I somehow doubt that NoE would already know the dlc cast...

Top Bottom