• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Why's it looking legit?
Each region is being changed one at a time, if they were fake Google would have removed them at the same time all at once..it''s still not 100% but it's looking really really good. Don't take it as a 100% confirm but it's looking good so far

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lol. I hope no one is serious about thinking that google theory has something to it.
If so, i'll be disappointed in people.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lol. I hope no one is serious about thinking that google theory has something to it.
If so, i'll be disappointed in people.
Don't know how much you post here, but though your potential following arguments may have good points, you aren't here to rain on our parade, are ya?

Each region is being changed one at a time, if they were fake Google would have removed them at the same time all at once..it''s still not 100% but it's looking really really good. Don't take it as a 100% confirm but it's looking good so far
You have a link to this, by the way? I mean any evidence?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Don't know how much you post here, but though your potential following arguments may have good points, you aren't here to rain on our parade, are ya?

You have a link to this, by the way? I mean any evidence?
There's just so much flexibility with ads, and nothing can point to being from nintendo's doing.
It also just doesnt make sense from the side of marketing, they wouldn't do it like that.

It might be worth putting the links to what people are talking about, but it makes me want to facepalm even just thinking that some people think it could mean something.

And actually, I dont post here, I just had to say at least one thing. Investigate reasonably :)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There's just so much flexibility with ads, and nothing can point to being from nintendo's doing.
It also just doesnt make sense from the side of marketing, they wouldn't do it like that.

It might be worth putting the links to what people are talking about, but it makes me want to facepalm even just thinking that some people think it could mean something.

And actually, I dont post here, I just had to say at least one thing. Investigate reasonably :)
There are so many ways you could have worded the initial post to where you could still say "don't put much faith into this" without calling people who think it has credibility dumb.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There are so many ways you could have worded the initial post to where you could still say "don't put much faith into this" without calling people who think it has credibility dumb.
True. But it was an emotional reaction to seeing people entertain it and put more into it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That Google leak just... naw. I don't think anyone is dumb for believing it by any means, but in my eyes, that thing is definitely not real. Absolutely not. I personally don't have hope in that. I'll find hope in something more solid, but this ain't it, chief.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Not Google theory but Google related

Thanks to someone on the Twitter group chat for finding this; apparently according to Google's image search, Microsoft JUST updated the store page for Rare Replay 3 days ago

1557710824452.png

Go look for yourselves, it's legit

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can dislike a theory all you want(or a leak, etc.), but try to be respectful to other members. Going for emotional overreactions isn't cool. Let's be reasonable with our points, alright?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't understand how Nintendo purposely targeting keywords related to those characters means nothing to some people. :V

And they are removing those keywords when people found out. It's that not even a little bit suspicious?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That Google leak just... naw. I don't think anyone is dumb for believing it by any means, but in my eyes, that thing is definitely not real. Absolutely not. I personally don't have hope in that. I'll find hope in something more solid, but this ain't it, chief.
I'll try to be a bit more understanding, lol.

It's normal to have emotions, and I never said people are dumb, so lemme have my overreactions :p
(edit: hope that didnt sound directed at you oval)

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Are people still taking this seriously? Didn’t Duckmeat also use numbers for the Bllg Theory too?

I mean.....I’d be overall cool with this DLC lineup if only a smidge disappointed with the non-Banjo characters (well Doom Slayer does seem possibly fun)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I ain't believing anything until Banjo & Kazooie are officially revealed in a Smash trailer by Sakurai in a Nintendo Direct, preferably at E3. The Grinch leak made me realize just how crazy people are in making really convincing leaks. I'm not gonna be disappointed and jerked around again. Been burned one time too many. Hype and 'GUH-HUH' responsibly, Banjo-Roos.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I ain't believing anything until Banjo & Kazooie are officially revealed in a Smash trailer by Sakurai in a Nintendo Direct, preferably at E3. The Grinch leak made me realize just how crazy people are in making really convincing leaks. I'm not gonna be disappointed and jerked around again. Been burned one time too many. Hype and 'GUH-HUH' responsibly, Banjo-Roos.
I must say, that's the spirit!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Are people still taking this seriously? Didn’t Duckmeat also use numbers for the Bllg Theory too?

I mean.....I’d be overall cool with this DLC lineup if only a smidge disappointed with the non-Banjo characters (well Doom Slayer does seem possibly fun)
Don't believe this "leak" personally. It just doesn't sound convincing to me and it reads like a low-rent Grinch Leak.

Although i'm still hopeful for Banjo along with Rare Replay on the Switch.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright fellas strap in, It's getting interesting.

So one thing that's been going around is that the ads suddenly aren't appearing anymore, that Google (Or whoever is faking this) took down the keywords so they no longer appear
1557714769184.png

So the ads aren't showing up anymore, that means its dead right? Actually no... because not only are the ads for Banjo, Hayabusa, Artorias, and Doomslayer vanishing but now JOKER'S ad has vanished

1557714832225.png

Several other users reported the same thing. Joker's being gone is an interesting variable here because Joker's ads have been sitting up way before the Google Theory first came to be. Sure, some faker could just be wiping the keywords for the other four but wiping out Joker could ONLY come from Nintendo themselves

Running theory (assuming this is real) is that Nintendo caught wind and started yanking everything and took Joker down with the rest

1557714955732.png

Even if you're on the fence about this (and I still am) you have to admit this is interesting

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wasn't originally going to post here, but since I did, I'll just say hi and hope you guys enjoy the e3 hype and all. ;)

If a microsoft character does end up in, I dont have much of a preference, so all i can say is that there's more people here who like banjo than steve so I'd say that could maybe root a bit more for banjo, dunno ;p

hf y'all.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sounds like we need some more investigating regarding the "Google Theory" and I know a certain electric rodent that can get to the bottom of this case.

landing_detective-pikachu_header_mobile.jpg

For anyone who has seen the movie, He can feel it in his "Jellies".

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sounds like we need some more investigating regarding the "Google Theory" and I know a certain electric rodent that can get to the bottom of this case.

View attachment 219395
For anyone who has seen the movie, He can feel it in his "Jellies".
That reminds me, I need to see this movie.

We really need to get Holmes, The Scooby Gang, and Pierre Touché (Activision Game Private Eye) on the case.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
So, what Discord is all this news coming out of? I'm in Sabi's but I'm not seeing some of this news there. (also, the ****posts and spam in the Leaks and Speculation channel make it a pain to read)

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Either way it's a roller coaster I'll say that... now they're trying to find out if the original guy who posted about the leak is a possible master mind. If he isn't then I guess it's looking good for it lol. I'll be honest I don't think they're any further than they were before at first it looked good when the adds were being edited.. bow they got yanked completely which could be Nintendo OR it could be Google yanking them for possible false advertising.. either way it's interesting

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Either way it's a roller coaster I'll say that... now they're trying to find out if the original guy who posted about the leak is a possible master mind. If he isn't then I guess it's looking good for it lol. I'll be honest I don't think they're any further than they were before at first it looked good when the adds were being edited.. bow they got yanked completely which could be Nintendo OR it could be Google yanking them for possible false advertising.. either way it's interesting
Hopefully, it's not MarioTehPlumber who is behind this. :troll:

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The lack of a SE rep is really strange through. Maybe Nintendo really was so fed up with them about Cloud they didn't want to do that **** again with another character. :V

It also makes Tansuit and/or his source a liar. Unless they're working off of really old information and negotiations failed.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The lack of a SE rep is really strange through. Maybe Nintendo really was so fed up with them about Cloud they didn't want to do that **** again with another character. :V

It also makes Tansuit and/or his source a liar. Unless they're working off of really old information and negotiations failed.
Ooooooh this'll be good if that's the case. Everyone was so set on Edrick.

StormC

Smash Hero

Tansut doesn't give me the impression that he would lie. Bad information is always possible though.

I'm leaning towards the Google leak being fake, but I'm still optimistic about Banjo either way.

D

Deleted member

Tansut doesn't give me the impression that he would lie. Bad information is always possible though.

I'm leaning towards the Google leak being fake, but I'm still optimistic about Banjo either way.
I’m with you

I honestly think this theory is false

But I do know who’s gonna survive from it.
Guh-huh!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Banjo and Doomguy would make the entire fighter pass worth it.

I also have some friends that would kill for Dark Souls representation in Smash. I want to see them happy.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Or a more likely possibility is Joker was one of the fake ads as well. I'm seeing conflicting accounts as to what works/when certain things worked. And without being able to test it myself, I see very little reason to get worked up over what other people claim is happening, especially since there's too many conflicting reports from users. It was unlikely to begin with, and this doesn't change anything.

That being said, regardless of the veracity of the leak, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get an SE rep/Erdrick. SE was likely the company that was the biggest pain to work with to get a veteran back, and so I could see it going either way. Right now we only have one guy claiming Erdrick, and Verge's past claims, with circumstantial evidence surrounding him. While I definitely think Erdrick has the highest chance of any character getting it, it is far from a guarantee at this point.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, Mariotehplumber sold all his Rosalina amiibos so he can run fake ad space on Google.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'll have to push a couple of these out before they age and become irreverent.
yetanotherbanjomeme.png Leaked.png from the start.png
You know. I need to find a better use for my time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom