• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You can't deny that this one has some "teeth" to it. For it to be consistent in it's results shows that there is something to this one, plus it deals with AD's, an integral part of all businesses. Text Leaks and Picture leaks seem small time compared to the supposed money behind this one. One thing I want to know is when these ad results were put out there. Until we get some hard proof this was just faked results, this monster seems to be getting bigger and bigger.
Here's a pertinent question.

Has Nintendo of Europe ever used Google ads prior to this?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I got a question about this "google" leak

We know it works with these 5 dlc characters, but what about the other 77 characters?

Holy **** I believe I just said other 77 characters, I hope we reach triple digits

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I got a question about this "google" leak

We know it works with these 5 dlc characters, but what about the other 77 characters?

Holy **** I believe I just said other 77 characters, I hope we reach triple digits
The current 78 + 4 DLC + 7 Koopalings + Alph = 90!

So close!

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Even so could they be adds for not just characters but also mii costumes ? see if the persona & tail/knuckes mii costumes also bring up an add for smash ultimate DLC

they could be DLC characters or DLC Mii costumes ???

just good to make sure could some one in the UK was it ? check this theory out Plz thanks <3View attachment 219075 Strange to think these are the DLC Characters ?
Joker: Was cool
Banjo Kazooie: NO DUH BEST THING EVER
the other 3 never played there games could absolutly care less ! Rather have sora, crash, spyro & the like other then BK this would be dissapointing DLC to as a Nintendo & Smash fan

like even during the Smash WiiU time I never played FF7 but was hyped for cloud B/C the smash community actually wanted that character for YEARS ! Ryu & doomguy only recently got "popular" for smash due to "rumors" otherwise I NEVER really heard anyone talking about them Come on sakurai you had the ballot votes, but if it means banjo kazooie I am all for it despite the dissapointment for other character :D *IF ITS TRUE*
And what's worse about the last three characters is that Ryu AND Dark Souls guy will have a down B counter. Dark Souls guy doesn't have enough to offer in terms of moveset potential(this is NOT the cosen undead) and Dark Souls is counter attack heavy. Ryu has the same problem, and Doom Guy will just be neutered like Snake is, ie next to nothing from his game just some weird slapped together moveset that makes you ask WHY!

I will never ever understand why Sakurai insists on choosing characters that offer nothing in terms of moveset potential and ignoring ones that offer a LOT.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo is one of five characters that displays a SSB:Ultimate DLC advertisement when you search a european based google site as an anonymous user (logged out). Hundreds of characters were checked, and only five (including Joker) displays the ad.

Theory is that someone in Nintendo set the advertisements and the search terms they're linked to too early.

That's how I understand.
Oh thank you! You described that very clearly and succinctly ^^ That is interesting then. I don’t know how much faith I have in that as a legit leak, but it is enough to raise an eyebrow at. Hopefully at least Banjo & Kazooie make it in even if the leak is false or fake. Then I can be truly happy with Smash Bros. as series and my favorite characters can finally be vindicated after years of obscurity and forced retirement!

Nartic

Smash Cadet
And what's worse about the last three characters is that Ryu AND Dark Souls guy will have a down B counter. Dark Souls guy doesn't have enough to offer in terms of moveset potential(this is NOT the cosen undead) and Dark Souls is counter attack heavy. Ryu has the same problem, and Doom Guy will just be neutered like Snake is, ie next to nothing from his game just some weird slapped together moveset that makes you ask WHY!

I will never ever understand why Sakurai insists on choosing characters that offer nothing in terms of moveset potential and ignoring ones that offer a LOT.
Well If BK and Doomguy in, at least the baseless bull****("Sakurai hates Western characters") will disappear.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Because if he had to stick to characters with moveset potential, we would have a much limited character pool. Zelda probably wouldn't get in to Melee and characters like Captain Falcon would have no chance.

Also your post really reads like "Banjo-Kazooie would be a Duck Hunt clone".

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Translation: "I know literally nothing about these characters, but I'm gonna assume they have no moveset potential because swords."

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
People thought the Grinch leak was pretty concrete. There was so many fights over that one because of how convincing it was. I think we should all be cautious over these things from now on.
Exactly why I said that my post was my own opinion. I only really thought the Grinch leak had credibility when it had the green pixels supposedly from Isaac’s vine in the existing image. That was disproven rather quick, but this one had many layers that I don’t think that the Grinch leak had.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
We are officially less than a month away from E3.

This "Google Theory" is the "Grinch Leak" all over again before the final Smash direct back in November, But will we get burned again this time?

Being fans of the series has gotten us used to dissapointment over and over again based on past experiences, But the good news is Banjo-Kazooie have a lot of momentum going for them at the moment, if not the most for any character based on evidence, But only time will tell.

The road to E3 has been brutal, But get ready for one more long last month.

Last edited:

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
I feel like there is a rough comparison of the Grinch Leak to Google Theory. Both had layers of intrigue that make both seem real.

Grinch Leak caught on not solely on the characters themselves, but because of the various details the faker included. The background of the office, the designs templates for a store "light shade", the promotional material for the Grinch movie ... etc etc. Most fake leaks are just badly rendered pictures or blurry pictures .... but this time the leaker included OTHER noise to trick people into its legitimacy. I don't blame people who believed in the Grinch Leak. I understand what happened and why they believed.

With Google Theory there's a similar thing happening (but as of yet we don't know if there's a mastermind behind it or if its legit). This theory has provided us with a four-character roster. But it's the discussion about everything AROUND it that's keeps it going. How do Google Ads work? How many other characters can we check? How hard would it be to fake this? etc. etc.

A good theory or leak are the ones that have such tantalizing backgrounds. You could have a leak about Carmen Sandiego, Agumon, Trevor Philips, and Q-Bert ... and it could be talked to death if it came with an intriguing background of details that lends credibility. (maybe those four are a tad ridiculous, but I wanted to provide a ridiculous example).

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The google theory and grinch leak are completely different.

One was a fake leak, the other's a theory random people happened to stumble across and piece together. The most likely scenario here is that google's algorithm is weird and it's just a coincidence it happens to work with those 4 characters.

Rather different to someone intentionally deceiving people, and a lot of circumstantial evidence backing it up.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
To me the difference between the Grinch Leak and Google Theory, is the Grinch leak was actually believable. Too many things supported it's veracity, and we really only had the "expertise" of insiders to debunk it. Outside of an appeal to authority, there was not much against the Grinch leak. And it was still wrong.

Google Theory has the opposite issues--there's so many ways that it could be false, and the story concocted for it is unbelievable on the face of it. NOE knows the DLC characters and are using them for advertisements several months in advance from their release? The better explanations are a) it's a coincidence of Google's weird algorithm, b) someone easily faked it.

And as for Google's weird algorithm, when searching vaguely for Mario characters, in the Mario series it included "official" characters such as Bowsette and a henchmen from the live-action Mario movie.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
We can’t deny it : there is a lot of human swordfighters
While we're at it, looks like there's a lot of furry and animal like characters in Smash that play the same :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:.

It's probably for the best that Banjo-Kazooie don't make it into Ultimate, seeing as how Sakurai will just design them like all the other furries .:4pacman:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
While we're at it, looks like there's a lot of furry and animal like characters in Smash that play the same :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:.

It's probably for the best that Banjo-Kazooie don't make it into Ultimate, seeing as how Sakurai will just design them like all the other furries .:4pacman:
Yeah that sorta thing is only funny if it's true.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice

That... doesn't work at all. It also doesnt help that you included alt costumes that are obviously going to play the same.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I said "roughly" for a reason. I would say that both provide a rich background for speculation to latch on to. Which is my point.

But outside that there are key differences in how they're portrayed, where they come from, who they discuss about, what evidence is produced, and the fact that one is a Leak the other is a Theory.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. I said "roughly" for a reason. I would say that both provide a rich background for speculation to latch on to. Which is my point.

But outside that there are key differences in how they're portrayed, where they come from, who they discuss about, what evidence is produced, and the fact that one is a Leak the other is a Theory.
Actually, a person leaked the Google Theory in a Discord, who is likely behind the hoax(if it is a hoax), and then it became mainstream. It's still a leak by all means.

It's just presented as a theory.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Actually, a person leaked the Google Theory in a Discord, who is likely behind the hoax(if it is a hoax), and then it became mainstream. It's still a leak by all means.

It's just presented as a theory.
It's very unlikely to be a hoax. It's far more likely that it's google's algorithm being weird.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's very unlikely to be a hoax. It's far more likely that it's google's algorithm being weird.
It's not unlikely at all. People are willing to shell out money for tons of fake stuff. That's how the Grinch leak even worked. Somebody was willing to use money to work with the ads, spending a huge amount. Never mind MarioTehPlumber spending well over 1000 for those Rosalina amiibo. Never doubt how much money people are willing to spend to troll others. There's only a limit based upon how much money that person has possible, which with how rich people can get, is very very high.

Hoax or Google being dumb are both likely scenarios if it's fake. If not the only possible "why it's fake" scenarios.

Though I doubt it's Google being dumb either. It's more than likely real or just a hoax instead. Both have a lot more logic behind it than some weird algorithms, especially since it can't base it upon your own sites visited. It's why fresh searches are quite interesting at times(I don't like deleting my cookies, so I don't bother doing this, but eh).

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I don't want to put too much stock into this thing, I just find it hard to believe, but man, my top 6 most wanted before the Game Awards was Gordon Freeman, Banjo-Kazooie, Chosen Undead, Joker, Dante, and Doom Slayer. If I end up with three of my top six most wanted and Artorias (who's a good substitute for Chosen Undead), it would be a pretty incredible lineup for me if it were legit.

I just can't put too much stock into it though. Something just seems real off to me about this.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
The more I think about it, the more I think Artorias kills this theory.

Why on earth wouldn't a Dark Souls character be Chosen Undead or Solaire? As someone who's never played Dark Souls, those are two characters that I've actually heard of.
I keep hearing that Artorias is popular. That's nice, but so is Chun Li. There was never a chance, not even a little, of her getting into Smash before or instead of Ryu. Or Zero over Mega Man. Or Shadow over Sonic.

There has been a clear pattern of Sakurai putting the face of a series in before anyone else. Why would Dark Souls be any different?
This character choice just screams "obligatory left-field choice" that hoaxers like to put in their rosters.

I'd love to be wrong, but until someone who has intimate knowledge of how Google ads weighs in and says these ads have to be from Nintendo themselves, I'm thinking this is the Grinch Leak 2.0.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The more I think about it, the more I think Artorias kills this theory.

Why on earth wouldn't a Dark Souls character be Chosen Undead or Solaire? As someone who's never played Dark Souls, those are two characters that I've actually heard of.
I keep hearing that Artorias is popular. That's nice, but so is Chun Li. There was never a chance, not even a little, of her getting into Smash before or instead of Ryu. Or Zero over Mega Man. Or Shadow over Sonic. This character choice just screams "obligatory left-field choice" that hoaxers like to put in their rosters.

I'd love to be wrong, but until someone who has intimate knowledge of how Google ads weighs in and says these ads have to be from Nintendo themselves, I'm thinking this is the Grinch Leak 2.0.
The thing is, your player avatar is very much a non-character in Dark Souls where there are a lot of defined characters. And Artorias is literally the face of the definitive version of the first game.

A "Pikachu over Pokemon Trainer" situation isn't impossible.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The thing is, your player avatar is very much a non-character in Dark Souls where there are a lot of defined characters. And Artorias is literally the face of the definitive version of the first game.

I'm not well versed in Dark Souls at all, but my understanding is that Artorias is a popular character, important to the lore and embodies the game's key feature (difficult boss battles).

Similar to how Monster Hunter is represented solely by the bosses, I wouldn't rule it out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Besides that, Ryu is actually the mascot of Street Fighter. This is what made PIkachu an easier option(besides who was easier to implement as well). Sometims that can win out in the end.

Another example is if you look at Killer Instinct or Soul Calibur, the mascots aren't the main hero, but some of the "lesser" villains. Fulgore and Nightmare respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if they used once of the "bosses" if they are more like the mascot, but generally if they can also represent the gameplay of the series well. Pikachu also did this, but so can Artorias, as he can do what the Chosen Undead can do, being a past hero and all. So it's actually a pretty good option in that regard. He has the abilities, lore, and easily shows off the gameplay while doing even more. In a twist, Pikachu doesn't entirely represent Pokemon's core gameplay, but still does it well enough to get the gist of the actual Pokemon battling(plus, the anime helped inspire its moveset).

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Pikachu would very clearly be the first choice if a Pokemon rep was being considered for the first time. When someone thinks of the Pokemon series, they're going to think of Pikachu, not Pokemon Trainer. Which is exactly my point, faces of the series are the first priority.

As far as player avatars go, Inkling and Villager have been the sole representatives of there series before. Again, I'm not seeing why Dark Souls would be any different.

Besides that, Ryu is actually the mascot of Street Fighter. This is what made PIkachu an easier option(besides who was easier to implement as well). Sometims that can win out in the end.

Another example is if you look at Killer Instinct or Soul Calibur, the mascots aren't the main hero, but some of the "lesser" villains. Fulgore and Nightmare respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if they used once of the "bosses" if they are more like the mascot, but generally if they can also represent the gameplay of the series well. Pikachu also did this, but so can Artorias, as he can do what the Chosen Undead can do, being a past hero and all. So it's actually a pretty good option in that regard. He has the abilities, lore, and easily shows off the gameplay while doing even more. In a twist, Pikachu doesn't entirely represent Pokemon's core gameplay, but still does it well enough to get the gist of the actual Pokemon battling(plus, the anime helped inspire its moveset).
He can do those things, but why would he be chosen to do so when there are two more iconic and marketable characters in Chosen Undead or Solaire available? It still doesn't add up for me.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He can do those things, but why would he be chosen to do so when there are two more iconic and marketable characters in Chosen Undead or Solaire available? It still doesn't add up for me.
There's a reason one is on the Definite edition and the other isn't.

He's the Fulgore/Nightmare, an extremely popular and iconic character. It's no surprise they'd go for the more popular option, as long as they can represent the gameplay well(which is what is really what made Pikachu workable, besides the anime factor. Being the mascot wasn't the whole picture. Otherwise we'd have Tom Nook over Villager, but we don't).

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I think the reason people are so desperate to find the "mastermind" behind the Google Theory is because we don't want to face the reality that we MIGHT be getting our hopes up due to Google's Algorithm being weird, so we want somebody to point fingers at.

After all, we never did find out who was behind the Grinch Leak

People are willing to shell out money for tons of fake stuff. That's how the Grinch leak even worked. Somebody was willing to use money to work with the ads, spending a huge amount. Never mind MarioTehPlumber spending well over 1000 for those Rosalina amiibo. Never doubt how much money people are willing to spend to troll others. There's only a limit based upon how much money that person has possible, which with how rich people can get, is very very high.
See, people keep bringing this up and I get where you're coming from... but I feel like MTP is the exception rather than the rule

People are pointing fingers at DuckMeat being behind some 5D chess trolling maneuver, but from what I've seen he's a pretty respectable member of the community so I'm willing to give the dude the benefit of the doubt

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think the reason people are so desperate to find the "mastermind" behind the Google Theory is because we don't want to face the reality that we MIGHT be getting our hopes up due to Google's Algorithm being weird, so we want somebody to point fingers at.

See, people keep bringing this up and I get where you're coming from... but I feel like MTP is the exception rather than the rule

People are pointing fingers at DuckMeat being behind some 5D chess trolling maneuver, but from what I've seen he's a pretty respectable member of the community so I'm willing to give the dude the benefit of the doubt
DuckMeat didn't even discover the theory he's just been testing it out a load.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Depends if you believe MTP when he says he's behind it or not. He did outright admit to it, and we know he has the money and audacity to pull it off.

MTP is definitely not the exception at all. Trolls exist everywhere and are more than willing to piss people off. The thing is, being a respectable member doesn't mean they can't pull it off at all. For all we know, he simply brought the leak up first but it was still a hoax, one he didn't know was a hoax. It's easily possible the leak only gained traction because he mentioned it first, but it doesn't make it any less likely to be a hoax.

Never mind we have tons of respected Youtubers and people who eventually we learned were horrible people as is. There's a difference between being a credible leaker and a respected member of the community. The latter doesn't stop you from trolling people at all. In fact, a credible leaker can still troll others too.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
People won't even say how much it costs to run stuff like this. Just "oh anyone can pay for ads!!!"

With everything DuckMeat found out. It would cost way more then a couple hundred or even thousands of dollars to run ads like this. Actual company money. You either don't know the value of money or you are just plain stupid if you spend $10,000-100,000+ on Smash ads just to **** with the smash fanbase.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People won't even say how much it costs to run stuff like this. Just "oh anyone can pay for ads!!!"

With everything DuckMeat found out. It would cost way more then a couple hundred or even thousands of dollers to run ads like this. Actual company money. You either don't know the value of money or you are just plain stupid if you spend $10,000-100,000 on Smash ads just to **** with the smash fanbase.
Welcome to trolls. They're stupid enough to do this entirely. Some are that rich where 20,000 is a drop in the bucket. Let's not underestimate how far they're willing to go. Human malice has no limitations. It's quite possible it's a hoax at this point(it's far less likely Google is being weird as well). It being real is still possible, of course.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Welcome to trolls. They're stupid enough to do this entirely. Some are that rich where 20,000 is a drop in the bucket. Let's not underestimate how far they're willing to go. Human malice has no limitations. It's quite possible it's a hoax at this point(it's far less likely Google is being weird as well). It being real is still possible, of course.
I wouldn't even be mad at that point. I would just feel sorry for the guy for having the need to spend that much on laughing at the smash fanbase for 5 minutes before the smash fanbase moves on to the next credible sounding thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't even be mad at that point. I would just feel sorry for the guy for having the need to spend that much on laughing at the smash fanbase for 5 minutes before the smash fanbase moves on to the next credible sounding thing.
This is more or less why I wouldn't be surprised if MTP set this one up too. He's that adamant in torturing us with his stupidity.

Considering he got himself banned from multiple areas, yet suffered no real consequences(though to be fair, him buying the Rosalina amiibo is not illegal in any way. Stores can make their own policies of a limit of an item per person, but legally you can buy as much as you want if you have the money) beyond that, I don't think he even cares that much. If he's really the one behind the Grinch leak(which is very possible), then he went out of his way to impersonate people. The thing is, a lot of people are willing to do that kind of stuff too. Which is why it's all the more believable that it could easily be a hoax. MTP, in this particular example, is just a common troll who is super rich. He's nothing special overall.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Monkey D Lenny pretty much hit the nail on the head. Im personally not trying to paint the Duckmeat guy as evil or something, but I just gotta be suspisious of him since hes been so close to all of this. Its just as likely that hes just the best at figuring this stuff out, but im trying to consider all options, since, really, many of the options seem just as likely at this moment.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If we do get artorias and gywn's theme ISN'T one of his songs, I'm selling my copy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom