• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean people talking about them often would trigger probably more than 5 characters. And why wouldn't Erdrick or Steve be there considering they're practically all that gets talked about nowadays?

I'm sure this isn't legit but I think there's more to it than "people talking about the often"
Erdrick is a virtual unknown to most outside of Japan. Leaks don't spread everywhere.

Steve is still a highly popular character, but many don't think of him as DLC material regardless of that.

This matches up a bit. Artorias is the weird one among the rest, but that further gives the idea of the fake Ad stuff too. Besides that, a lot of people aren't getting the same results, further debunking the idea it isn't a universal thing. It's far more likely the person who gave the leak out is a huge fan of Artorias. The rest are all pretty large requests as is and make sense enough to show up. You see a lot of them everywhere, really.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The rabbit hole only sinks further: Turns out someone "leaked" Artorias back in February, and just like the first Piranha Plant leak it went completely unnoticed

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451188924/#q451188924

1557591044012.png

This is literally the first time I've ever heard of anyone mentioning Artorias before Google Theory. Well, if it's true we'll know in a month since they claim he's the next DLC

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The rabbit hole only sinks further: Turns out someone "leaked" Artorias back in February, and just like the first Piranha Plant leak it went completely unnoticed

View attachment 218933

This is literally the first time I've ever heard of anyone mentioning Artorias before Google Theory. Well, if it's true we'll know in a month since they claim he's the next DLC
Would this give the Goggle theory credibility if this goes down this way?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Erdrick is a virtual unknown to most outside of Japan. Leaks don't spread everywhere.

Steve is still a highly popular character, but many don't think of him as DLC material regardless of that.

This matches up a bit. Artorias is the weird one among the rest, but that further gives the idea of the fake Ad stuff too. Besides that, a lot of people aren't getting the same results, further debunking the idea it isn't a universal thing. It's far more likely the person who gave the leak out is a huge fan of Artorias. The rest are all pretty large requests as is and make sense enough to show up. You see a lot of them everywhere, really.
But Erdrick is everywhere right now, and people hardly discussed anyone but Minecraft or Erdrick in Europe because of leaks and rumours.

Why doesn't it work for Waluigi? People went bat**** when he was an assist trophy. If it was just a case of googling with Smash then he'd be a lot higher than Ryu Hayabusa and Doom who only had any notoriety because of the fake 5chan leak. Or Bandanna Dee or Isaac? They're widely talked about. Hell even Shantae is talked about more than Ryu or Doom. Erdrick was on that leak too, and he's survived it because of Tansut and Vergeben doubling down on him. He'd 100% be googled a lot. You can find hundreds of Smash videos relating to Erdrick on youtube, far more than Ryu or Doom.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
More importantly, does Artorias have Brave's attributes? If Artorias gets revealed this E3, this will be great news for us! Maybe.

What if Erdrick is in the second character pass? :crazy:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But Erdrick is everywhere right now, and people hardly discussed anyone but Minecraft or Erdrick in Europe because of leaks and rumours.

Why doesn't it work for Waluigi? People went bat**** when he was an assist trophy. If it was just a case of googling with Smash then he'd be a lot higher than Ryu Hayabusa and Doom who only had any notoriety because of the fake 5chan leak. Or Bandanna Dee or Isaac? They're widely talked about. Hell even Shantae is talked about more than Ryu or Doom. Erdrick was on that leak too, and he's survived it because of Tansut and Vergeben doubling down on him. He'd 100% be googled a lot. You can find hundreds of Smash videos relating to Erdrick on youtube, far more than Ryu or Doom.
Erdrick isn't as everywhere as you think. He's still a virtual unknown outside of Japan, honestly. He's only gotten a bit more attention due to what you said, Tansut and Vergeben speaking of him. That doesn't mean leaks reach everywhere. There's thousands of different websites online.

Youtube isn't the only website that exists. It's not an indicator of much as is. It's just one source. It also doesn't work for a lot of those characters cause people think Spirits disconfirm. It makes a lot of sense that those who have no role in the game are considered "more possible". Never mind that a lot of people think Square-Enix is unlikely to get a character due to how little it gave in Smash Ultimate as well.

D

Deleted member

I have made my statement about the goggle theory
Hey guys it’s me I would like to make a statement regarding this goggle theory.

I’ve seen some not putting stock into this and that’s good I don’t want y’all even putting stock into it because if we do erdrick is just gonna act like :ultincineroar: during the grinch leak. So I’m just gonna expect erdrick until e3 comes around. but if somehow that dark souls guy gets revealed instead I’ll believe it. But right now nah I don’t wanna be disappointed again. but I can say this...even if that theory is false I still highly believe banjo is part of the fighters pass with all the stuff going for him.

GUH-HUH!

Violante

Smash Apprentice
My only apprehension is the circumstances of this theory are way too close to the Grinch Leak for my comfort. It's elevated however because official Google ads cropping up are ostensibly more reputable than some blurry images, and a set of four characters is more believable that the 6 or 7 we were promised one month before release.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

View attachment 218933

A stopped clock is right twice a day, and I'm pretty sure that every single video game character with a name (and many without) has been "leaked" at some point.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Erdrick isn't as everywhere as you think. He's still a virtual unknown outside of Japan, honestly. He's only gotten a bit more attention due to what you said, Tansut and Vergeben speaking of him. That doesn't mean leaks reach everywhere. There's thousands of different websites online.

Youtube isn't the only website that exists. It's not an indicator of much as is. It's just one source. It also doesn't work for a lot of those characters cause people think Spirits disconfirm. It makes a lot of sense that those who have no role in the game are considered "more possible". Never mind that a lot of people think Square-Enix is unlikely to get a character due to how little it gave in Smash Ultimate as well.
Look at google's automaticly predicted search results.

At least 6 of the 10 Erdrick results are directly Smash. None of Doom Slayer's are. People are talking about Erdrick in Smash because he's heavily believed to be in. Doom only was when he was riding on the 5chan leak which was believed BECAUSE of Joker and by extension Erdrick.

If this was just about search results and people taking, then Erdrick is 100% being talked about more than Doom, Ryu and Artorias. It's not even a contest.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Look at google's automaticly predicted search results.

At least 6 of the 10 Erdrick results are directly Smash. None of Doom Slayer's are. People are talking about Erdrick in Smash because he's heavily believed to be in. Doom only was when he was riding on the 5chan leak which was believed BECAUSE of Joker and by extension Erdrick.

If this was just about search results and people taking, then Erdrick is 100% being talked about more than Doom, Ryu and Artorias. It's not even a contest.
Did you do a clean search logged out and with no cookies? Google results are heavily influenced by your account history and cookies. That's what makes this Google theory interesting is because it only happens on completely clean searches with no influence.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Did you do a clean search logged out and with no cookies? Google results are heavily influenced by your account history and cookies. That's what makes this Google theory interesting is because it only happens on completely clean searches with no influence.
Yup, and I don't even use google as my default search engine in the first place.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
This is interesting, but this could easily be a coincidence or the same guy made this leak and the ad to make both seem more credible. I know its pessimistic as hell, but im not letting my guard down. But if we do see Artorias as the 2nd character, then I will start to consider this as legitimate since Artorias is just so out there. I do want to see this develop more, because this is more fun than expecting the same characters to show up at E3 over and over.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This is interesting, but this could easily be a coincidence or the same guy made this leak and the ad to make both seem more credible. I know its pessimistic as hell, but im not letting my guard down. But if we do see Artorias as the 2nd character, then I will start to consider this as legitimate since Artorias is just so out there. I do want to see this develop more, because this is more fun than expecting the same characters to show up at E3 over and over.
It actually gives us something to talk about now finally. Better then complete Radio silence till E3.

I am leaning on it having some truth to it since it only happens on clean searches and without anything influencing the search like putting DLC in the search bar. And some stuff that has come out saying Google wouldn't run the ads unless it came from Nintendo themselves.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It actually gives us something to talk about now finally. Better then complete Radio silence till E3.

I am leaning on it having some truth to it since it only happens on clean searches and without anything influencing the search like putting DLC in the search bar. And some stuff that has come out saying Google wouldn't run the ads unless it came from Nintendo themselves.
You mean this?

1557607651497.png

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Gonna be real, don’t think the google thing is worth investing time in
It most likely isn't, but I'm totally down to finally have something NEW to talk about. I'm so fed up with screaming about Banjo and Steve

And in the spirit of that... IF (and that's a big if) this is legit, what if Artorias is Brave?

1557608518371.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
It most likely isn't, but I'm totally down to finally have something NEW to talk about. I'm so fed up with screaming about Banjo and Steve
I hear that

I’d be cool with either option, but I’m sick and tired of the rampant ****posting that comes from these characters.

I hope one or both is either confirmed or disconfirm don’t at E3, just let this end.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Highly suspect that the /v/ leak comes out days before the Google theory crops up. I still think there's a good chance we're being conned once again.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
At least it won't take too long to find out if this is real or not. Hoping it is for obvious reasons

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Why would Nintendo use Adwords to advertise smash fighters? Has does this yield results for other fighters?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So um, some interesting developments have popped up courtesy of Papagenos Discord, specifically a user by the name of DuckMeat

There was a problem fetching the tweet

1557617774139.png

1557617781599.png

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Even so could they be adds for not just characters but also mii costumes ? see if the persona & tail/knuckes mii costumes also bring up an add for smash ultimate DLC

they could be DLC characters or DLC Mii costumes ???

just good to make sure could some one in the UK was it ? check this theory out Plz thanks <3
1557511282393.jpg
Strange to think these are the DLC Characters ?
Joker: Was cool
Banjo Kazooie: NO DUH BEST THING EVER
the other 3 never played there games could absolutly care less ! Rather have sora, crash, spyro & the like other then BK this would be dissapointing DLC to as a Nintendo & Smash fan

like even during the Smash WiiU time I never played FF7 but was hyped for cloud B/C the smash community actually wanted that character for YEARS ! Ryu & doomguy only recently got "popular" for smash due to "rumors" otherwise I NEVER really heard anyone talking about them Come on sakurai you had the ballot votes, but if it means banjo kazooie I am all for it despite the dissapointment for other character :D *IF ITS TRUE*

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Honestly, I’m not mad about this lineup if true. Ryu Hayabusa would be a cool representation for the retro genre, Doom Slayer comes from an iconic (WESTERN) series, Artorias is someone I’ve never even heard of but seems distinct, especially design wise, and Banjo-Kazooie speak for themselves. Not willing to go all in just yet, but it seems more concrete than the Grinch leak imo.

Wonder how people who thought Sakurai hated western devs will respond to not one but two reps not created in Japan. Certainly has potential to be interesting.

Top Bottom