• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can see Steve happening, and I can also see Banjo happening, it all depends on what direction Sakurai wants to take. However, there are a pretty good bit of conflicting sources on this one so I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I don't find it likely that it's ABSOLUTELY Steve if this is really the only thing Xenother has really claimed. I'll keep an eye on stuff though, for sure.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The different routes:
Steve: We need to represent the most popular game of all time
Banjo: History with Nintendo and Smash Ballot
Both: Woke

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I’ve seen xenother post on gamefaqs back when he first showed up. He was backing up hitagi about Steve and specifically stated multiple times that banjo is not coming.

He then claimed that Erdrick is 100% happening.
I can bet money that they latched onto Tansuit to appear credible and then back each other up to further cement it. Hitagi's a hack and Xenother is basically a nobody with nothing to his name. It would be like me claiming Edrick is in and then getting Sabi to shill for me when I say Banjo is in. Me and Xenother have the same credibility, which is no credibility.

Edit: Remembered I had this. Most likely from Gamefaqs, should prove further how much of a hack Xenother is.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hitagi was BTFO, and Xenother isn't a leaker. He only bandwagonned off of Hitagi.

Vergeben has credibility but his Minecraft claims are dubious as he previously said that it'd be a boss (and prior to that made no mention of DLC). It feels like he's moving the goal posts to save face as a MSoft character is heavily rumoured/speculated upon. But still, he's the only credible leaker mentioning Minecraft at all. He's also still not on board with Steve as a character (saying it's MC content in general). That could easily mean a handful of Mii costumes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can bet money that they latched onto Tansuit to appear credible and then back each other up to further cement it. Hitagi's a hack and Xenother is basically a nobody with nothing to his name. It would be like me claiming Edrick is in and then getting Sabi to shill for me when I say Banjo is in. Me and Xenother have the same credibility, which is no credibility.

Edit: Remembered I had this. Most likely from Gamefaqs, should prove further how much of a hack Xenother is.
Furthermore, Tansut's only claim to fame is Cloud, and his source didn't try to correct him (or, more accurately, said nothing, iirc) when he asked about Erdrick, so it's doubtful whether Tansut won't make a mistake either.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Anything new added to the conversation alleviates people just spinning their wheels indefinitely; if leakers are active between now and E3, I think it makes things more interesting. Not that I'm speaking specifically towards Xenother, because I'm unaware of past claims they were actually correct about. Of course, with more people murmuring things, the chances someone is correct increases, which can ruin surprises. But the alternative of this quiet interim is cyclical and played out.

Of course this thread has a penchant for lashing out at practically any character not made by Rare, as if there's only one DLC spot remaining, but I suspect the average speculator's reflex to potential (if unreliable) claims isn't hostility. Though there is the widespread habit of people getting over-invested.

There is no Pepe Silvia.
I think a lot of folks here liked the idea of Jane Valentine

D

Deleted member

I'm tellin' ya, all these insiders are being fed leakbait.

Because they are the ones who will actually be DLC.

D

Deleted member

So who do you think will be high tier, Xenother or Hitagi?
LeakyPandy will actually be high tier

Hitagi and xenother will be mid tiers and echo fighters of each other

Vergeben will be low tier

And Polar will be S tier

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

And Polar will be S tier
I think verge is a solid mid tier. He was getting good results when the game dropped, but got nerfed when dlc started to come out. Hitagi and xeno are low tier. They had a nice little run, but were quickly nerfed before anyone had a chance to try them out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Polar will be S tier
Actual xeno is a bottom tier now
D5A59953-2DBF-4629-B824-1F3F75705C8E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
How cool would it be if microsoft gave banjo the "n.sane" treatment? A complete remake of kazooie and tooie.

Don't think it'll happen, but a man can dream

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
How cool would it be if microsoft gave banjo the "n.sane" treatment? A complete remake of kazooie and tooie.

Don't think it'll happen, but a man can dream
I would die for a remaster of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on the Switch. Everything plays the same for both games, but it’s all spiffed up with animations and graphics. That would be a dream come true. Wouldn’t want voice acting though, unless they got some really good voices for each character lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would die for a remaster of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on the Switch. Everything plays the same for both games, but it’s all spiffed up with animations and graphics. That would be a dream come true. Wouldn’t want voice acting though, unless they got some really good voices for each character lol.
Some folks involved with Gears For Breakfast would be nice. Xander Mobus as Jamjars would be sweet.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Didn’t Rare already deconfirm the idea of a Banjo-Kazooie remake recently.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Can we compromise and get the characters voiced with the same 2-4 syllables as before but in the correct intonation for each specific line of dialogue?

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
They’d be insane to turn down such an easy opportunity
Given how fixated they are on their pirate game, I imagine they would. However that’s not to say it’s impossible since Rare properties like KI, Battletoads, and Conker were handed to different devs before. So if a Banjo duology remake were to exist, it’d probably not be made by Rare.

However, I believe Rare employee posted an image that teased a new project alongside their games which included Sea of Thieves and Battletoads 2019. Honestly, I think this new project could just be the Rare Replay Switch port but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm telling you, banjo is absolutely wasted on current rare. Nowadays, when 90's nostalgia is rampant, there's so much potential for a grand revival. But no, they wanna focus on their underwhelming "no-man's sky: pirate edition". I wish they at least sell the ip to a more deserving, more competent company.

If banjo does get into smash, nintendo will do more good for the ip in the 4-5 months, it takes to make the character, than rare has done in the last decade.

D

Deleted member

And Polar will be S tier
Best Buy is OP please nerf. It has Simon's projectile game, Villager's recovery, Cloud's Limit AND Joker's Persona (although instead of Arsene it's called "La Cultura de la Basura"), has some of the best frame data in the game (down aerial which is a spike comes at frame 1, dash attack comes at frame 2, etc) I don't know what was in Sakurai's head when thought this was okay.

I'm telling you, banjo is absolutely wasted on current rare. Nowadays, when 90's nostalgia is rampant, there's so much potential for a grand revival. But no, they wanna focus on their underwhelming "no-man's sky: pirate edition". I wish they at least sell the ip to a more deserving, more competent company.

If banjo does get into smash, nintendo will do more good for the ip in the 4-5 months, it takes to make the character, than rare has done in the last decade.
They could very well have another studio working on a new game/remake as we speak. I mean, nobody expected that new Battletoads game to be announced last year

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet

I agree with you on Xenother, I just wanted to point out that he always specifically shoots down banjo. I should’ve been clearer, I don’t post often.

Mr. Stagg

I agree with you on Xenother, I just wanted to point out that he always specifically shoots down banjo. I should’ve been clearer, I don’t post often.
I know, I got no animosity toward you if that's what you are thinking. These pricks just infuriate me with how people believe them when they have absolutely nothing to their name.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Didn't hitagi say something along the lines of "banjo wasn't even considered"?
I think Hitagi said Banjo ain't likely, no Atlus or Bethesda rep, and the following list wasn't heard at all:

Sora, Geno, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Rex/Pyra, Professor Layton, Zack Fair, any other Final Fantasy character, Lloyd Irving, Prince of All Cosmos, and any other Bamco rep.

Hitagi also was the behind the whole "Katalina" thingie.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, the fact that people are still giving Hitagi any attention shows how people get clung to past ideas, it is almost religious.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I think Hitagi said Banjo ain't likely, no Atlus or Bethesda rep, and the following list wasn't heard at all:

Sora, Geno, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Rex/Pyra, Professor Layton, Zack Fair, any other Final Fantasy character, Lloyd Irving, Prince of All Cosmos, and any other Bamco rep.

I could have sworn he said "Banjo didn't even have a chance." Which I find hard to believe. With all the fan demand, and Phil himself advocating for the duo, he wasn't even considered? Not that it matters much

Mr. Stagg

Wasn't Hitagi shilled by Verge? Yet he claims Steve is in before he got soft deconfirmed. Didn't he also quit the leaking scene? I'm pretty sure Steve was leak bait and the big bosses found him or his source out.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I could have sworn he said "Banjo didn't even have a chance." Which I find hard to believe. With all the fan demand, and Phil himself advocating for the duo, he wasn't even considered? Not that it matters much
For reference I dug up the original post:

- Yes, Steve is in. "Get excited my dude" was something he wrote twice in his remarks to Minecraft fans who wanted to know anything about Steve's inclusion.

- Katalina still has a good shot. When asked about Katalina being added, he said "I actually don't know if Katalina is in or not, but things seemed to be good with negotiations", but noted "for all I know, it could not have gone through and they made other negotiations."

- Hitagi has heard other character names. However, when pressed for details, he stated that "I can't disclose rn" and added that the characters were from "all over the spectrum" of video games instead of just being potential Square-Enix reps. He hinted at another Western-made character.

- The Square-Enix character may be a Dragon Quest rep. "I have heard about DQ characters but can't confirm if it's true or not". Whomever it is, fans will recognize the character.

- There might not be an announcement at TGA. When asked about if there's an announcement planned for TGA, which will be held the night before SSBU is released, Hitagi said "Who knows actually. Like i said, a lot of false info gets thrown on purpose so people don't find out. It's a higher kind of info that we are not allowed to know."

- Banjo and Kazooie aren't likely. Per Hitagi, "Banjo is looking grim. And tbh, he never really had good chance to begin with", and "as far as I know, he was never a character choice". Not really all that surprising, given that Nintendo came up with the DLC list for Masahiro Sakurai to work with.

- Don't expect an Atlus or Bethesda rep. When he was asked about if he's heard of any Shin Megami Tensei or Persona characters being discussed, Hitagi simply replied that "none" were brought up. Same with Doomslayer.

- Who he hasn't heard about. Sora, Geno, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Rex/Pyra, Professor Layton, Zack Fair, any other Final Fantasy character, Lloyd Irving, Prince of All Cosmos, and any other Bamco rep. These don't directly deconfirm characters, but they don't bode well for their chances. However, Paper Mario and Advance Wars were explicitly deconfirmed.

- Hitagi still thinks fans will be satisfied with the characters that Nintendo will pick. When asked if fans will be happy with the characters, Hitagi said "Definitely. They all seem pretty cool in their respective ways." Although he also notes that half of the names he's heard aren't 100% confirmed.
I like how two of the points were explicitly thrown out with the reveal at DLC 1.

Right now, Hitagi has given up trying to predict the DLC (though they are still adamant about Steve coming).

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
For reference I dug up the original post:

I like how two of the points were explicitly thrown out with the reveal at DLC 1.

Right now, Hitagi has given up trying to predict the DLC (though they are still adamant about Steve coming).
Steve, no banjo, no big fan favorites, and a character from gacha mobil game? Yikes! Don't think I agree with the "fans being satisfied with the roster" statement if this was the case.

BZocky

Smash Ace
If the next character reveal is at E3 I wouldn’t be surprised if we got 2 reveals in one. We’ve only gotten 1 Fighter Pass character reveal since December... 7 months when E3 rolls around, with the final fighter being revealed 9 months after that which likely means the rest after will be more tightly packed together. Perhaps this spacing between fighters was to reveal the 2nd and 3rd challengers in the same presentation.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Steve, no banjo, no big fan favorites, and a character from gacha mobil game? Yikes! Don't think I agree with the "fans being satisfied with the roster" statement if this was the case.
To be fair, Hitagi did retract most of these claims (Steve is the only one their going all in on)

Also, two of them were directly proven false so I think Hitagi is a never was.

Top Bottom