• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If banjo makes it in and I’ve been wondering this If we manage to get Erdrick as well, do you guys think banjo will be top tier in the tourney with his moveset speculation or would he probably wound up mid tier?
There's really no way to tell. Tiers aren't decided by moveset, they're decided by frames. We could be spot on with the moveset and yet the frames and weight we guessed at are completely wrong. I'd like to say high-tier just becaus I love the character and would like fo see him in Tourneys but there's no way I can even make an educated guess.

SKX31

Smash Master
If banjo makes it in and I’ve been wondering this If we manage to get Erdrick as well, do you guys think banjo will be top tier in the tourney with his moveset speculation or would he probably wound up mid tier?
Well, there are several questions still to be asked about the moveset. How well depends on several factors, and it's too early to tell like NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said. But if I had to make a guess:

(*Note, I know, gameplay stuff. It may not be that important on a casual level, but that still affects the image of a character such as how :foxmelee: is seen. I'm also basing this on the current tiers. Based on this compilation of tier lists.)

The most important question kind of revolves around the animations: how much start up / end lag do the attacks have? If Kazooie comes out / gets back into the backpack fast, that's a major plus in Ultimate's aerial heavy competitive scene. The opposite is true if Kazooie takes her time to get back, then that could spell trouble if the B-K player whiffs an attack. The reason I'm asking this is that the moveset implies that B-K's attacks will be heavily commital. The Rat-at-Tat Rap (the one where Kazooie pecks forward three times in the air) takes a bit of time to do before the attack ends for example. Once you do it, you have to wait until the attack is finished / you get hurt before doing something else.

That said, if I'm going with the moveset as is, I could see them doing at least decent or pretty well versus :ultpichu: and :ultjoker: if the B-K player can consistently outrange the two. The B-K main will have to watch for Pichu's deadly knockback and Joker's Guard / Arsene, as well as the mixup games. However, :ultpalutena: and :ultwolf: could easily spell trouble even for casual B-K mains. Palutena and Wolf have pretty good range, annoying projectiles (Auto Aim and Explosive Flame could nullify / beat the eggs, Wolf's Laser can effectively double damage up close) and strong combo games / finishers. Sure, you're not likely going to go up against combo machines Online, but both Palutena and Wolf have strong and fast aerials.

And then, when you get to tourneys... you've seen what people like Nairo and Zackray have been able to do with Palu and Wolf respectively already? And then, other top tiers like :ultolimar: and :ultlucina: also have fast and strong aerials. If B-K hopes to get into the top tiers, I feel that they need little start up / end lag on their attacks. Something I'm not sure of given that Kazooie needs to come out in the first place for many attacks.

Of course, I'm saying this knowing that tiers are far from everything in the game. Yes, many people in the competitive scene have already done a lot with characters outside the top tier. That said, the tiers do impact the absolute top: 10 out of 16 who were in Winners Round 1 at Pound played top tiers, with the rest playing high tiers.

My other questions are not only weight (a heavy weight is more likely to be combo-food, that's why you don't see a lot of :ultganondorf: in tourneys at the moment) but also how easily B-K can reposition (are they able to turn around mid-flap - thus improving on spacing?).

I reserve final judgement, of course, but my point still stands.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Tiers don't mean jack to me. I'm able to able to kick ass with K. Rool, and I've gotten 2nd place with Kano in MK9 at a low key tournament. I find the fun to be more rewarding than the prize anyhow.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What makes Xenother credible? I've only heard his name, like, once before.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I THINK he is the Granblue fighting game guy. And thats it. And one of the two guys outright claiming Steve is basically confirmed.
I think the Granblue fighting game was either Hitagi or a 5chan leak (or both).

All I know about Xenother is that he claimed Steve, as did Hitagi, but also said Steve was playable in a test build back in September (or August?) which doesn't make sense with what we know, and a person who claimed to be a playtester said he's wrong.

stop messing with my head you random internet leaker-person.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think the Granblue fighting game was either Hitagi or a 5chan leak (or both).

All I know about Xenother is that he claimed Steve, as did Hitagi, but also said Steve was playable in a test build back in September (or August?) which doesn't make sense with what we know, and a person who claimed to be a playtester said he's wrong.

stop messing with my head you random internet leaker-person.
So let me get this straight. His only claim to fame is literally just saying Steve is in with no proof and no track record? Why are we humoring this guy again?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Banjo & Kazooie have potential to be top tier, but I could also see them being mid tier as well. We'll see when they get in. Honestly though, it will be awesome if they're top tier.

Is this a contest for "who fails the most embarassingly" or something? Next thing you know, it'll be Hitagi's turn.
And Verge's. :joyful:

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So let me get this straight. His only claim to fame is literally just saying Steve is in with no proof and no track record? Why are we humoring this guy again?
Because of the whole "hear what you want to hear" syndrome.

Or because he's going into the treaded territory that everyone else has already done, so naturally everyone assumes he's correct.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Wow, we haven't even gotten to May and we are already on the roller coaster of leaker credibility. E3 is still so far away...

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Seems pretty confident now that Verge is back and doubling down on "Minecraft content". You'd think he'd have some concrete source to show for it since he's so confident.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Seems pretty confident now that Verge is back and doubling down on "Minecraft content". You'd think he'd have some concrete source to show for it since he's so confident.
Wouldn't surprise me if they are the same person since they both brought this stuff up so close to each other after being silent for several months now. :4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually that post wasent recent it was last wendsday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anything new added to the conversation alleviates people just spinning their wheels indefinitely; if leakers are active between now and E3, I think it makes things more interesting. Not that I'm speaking specifically towards Xenother, because I'm unaware of past claims they were actually correct about. Of course, with more people murmuring things, the chances someone is correct increases, which can ruin surprises. But the alternative of this quiet interim is cyclical and played out.

Of course this thread has a penchant for lashing out at practically any character not made by Rare, as if there's only one DLC spot remaining, but I suspect the average speculator's reflex to potential (if unreliable) claims isn't hostility. Though there is the widespread habit of people getting over-invested.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are the same person since they both brought this stuff up so close to each other after being silent for several months now. :4pacman:
There is no Pepe Silvia.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Anything new added to the conversation alleviates people just spinning their wheels indefinitely; if leakers are active between now and E3, I think it makes things more interesting. Not that I'm speaking specifically towards Xenother, because I'm unaware of past claims they were actually correct about. Of course, with more people murmuring things, the chances someone is correct increases, which can ruin surprises. But the alternative of this quiet interim is cyclical and played out.

Of course this thread has a penchant for lashing out at practically any character not made by Rare, as if there's only one DLC spot remaining, but I suspect the average speculator's reflex to potential (if unreliable) claims isn't hostility. Though there is the widespread habit of people getting over-invested.
I mean literally the only Microsoft character I will have problems with getting in is Steve. Master Chief, Cuphead, Forza Racer. I will be completely content with all of them. I know I will get pretty emotional if it is Steve. So I will step away from the thread for awhile till I get my emotions in check.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's like I'm in the twilight zone... it's the same stuff Verge and this Xeno guy said before..

Verge says Minecraft "content" post his Ender Dragon boss is coming in the update fiasco.

This Xeno guy with zero cred just says "steves coming"

It's a replay of a few months ago... meanwhile we have other leakers saying Banjo the difference is, there's been actual visual evidence of MS and Nintendo collaborating with Cuphead on Switch, Hellblade, etc. This was post IGC saying there was talking between MS and Nintendo.

Even IF Verge is right and Steve is there none of them are shooting down Banjo I don't see how a we get both scenario can't happen. I can totally see both characters getting in

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's like I'm in the twilight zone... it's the same stuff Verge and this Xeno guy said before..

Verge says Minecraft "content" post his Ender Dragon boss is coming in the update fiasco.

This Xeno guy with zero cred just says "steves coming"

It's a replay of a few months ago... meanwhile we have other leakers saying Banjo the difference is, there's been actual visual evidence of MS and Nintendo collaborating with Cuphead on Switch, Hellblade, etc. This was post IGC saying there was talking between MS and Nintendo.

Even IF Verge is right and Steve is there none of them are shooting down Banjo I don't see how a we get both scenario can't happen. I can totally see both characters getting in
Yeah, it's like the board's a school of goldfish. The people that remember everything that's been said by various sources must be getting a headache from this nonsense.

In any case, we'll see what happens.

Mr. Stagg

Yeah, it's like the board's a school of goldfish. The people that remember everything that's been said by various sources must be getting a headache from this nonsense.

In any case, we'll see what happens.
The big difference between then and now is that we got more support from a few insiders, more info that makes Banjo-kazooie more likely, and that Verge's credibility has taken some big hits. Not to mention the soft deconfirm thanks to Aubry, the other worker, and Sabi's journalist. Xen-other-then-right, is a total non-issue so that fool is to be discarded. Verge has nothing new to say about DLC and is just doubling down on his lies to gaslight his bootlickers. For all we know, the "Minecraft content" is just the Mii costume.

Edit: Cant forget the Loot-Crate fiasco. That's a big one for me.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Plus no matter what characters come be it Banjo or not, any characters who aren't Steve or Eldrick is just going to keep them going... they'll say the same things until the final character reveal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Um, for the Loot Crate thing, someone told me they ordered one and got something that said the B-K thing was delayed.

Don't ask me why Loot Crate didn't just out-right say this online, though, I don't know. I still feel confident with the other stuff going for them, however. And to be fair, Loot Crate might not know about them in Smash if they are in, since they flat-out asked people about B-K in Smash.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The big difference between then and now is that we got more support from a few insiders, more info that makes Banjo-kazooie more likely, and that Verge's credibility has taken some big hits. Not to mention the soft deconfirm thanks to Aubry, the other worker, and Sabi's journalist. Xen-other-then-right, is a total non-issue so that fool is to be discarded. Verge has nothing new to say about DLC and is just doubling down on his lies to gaslight his bootlickers. For all we know, the "Minecraft content" is just the Mii costume.

Edit: Cant forget the Loot-Crate fiasco. That's a big one for me.
The loot crate thing still bothers me. For what reason would they have to remove it so late into the advertising period. So close to being packed up and shipped out. Let's not forget the "Banjo for Smash" tweet that lootcrate tweeted and deleted.

Mr. Stagg

Um, for the Loot Crate thing, someone told me they ordered one and got something that said the B-K thing was delayed.

Don't ask me why Loot Crate didn't just out-right say this online, though, I don't know. I still feel confident with the other stuff going for them, however. And to be fair, Loot Crate might not know about them in Smash if they are in, since they flat-out asked people about B-K in Smash.
Usually they would detail why it was delayed. I'm still certain that this item was somewhat related to Banjo in Smash and is being delayed. Possibly until E3. Did they say it would be released later?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Usually they would detail why it was delayed. I'm still certain that this item was somewhat related to Banjo in Smash and is being delayed. Possibly until E3. Did they say it would be released later?
Well I forgot exactly what they said, but I found their post and:

"Actually the item got delayed and shipped at a later date due to a manufacturing error.
I know this because I got that crate specifically for it."

Given what they said, it's weird how Loot Crate acted online if this is true...everything about it, I don't know. You'd think they would've put the stuff back up / explained stuff if they kept having errors...

(I initially had a direct link to the user's post, but I feel uncomfortable sharing directly from another user tbh...if you want a link, though, I can send a message)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well I forgot exactly what they said, but I found their post and:

"Actually the item got delayed and shipped at a later date due to a manufacturing error.
I know this because I got that crate specifically for it."

Given what they said, it's weird how Loot Crate acted online if this is true...everything about it, I don't know. You'd think they would've put the stuff back up / explained stuff if they kept having errors...

(I initially had a direct link to the user's post, but I feel uncomfortable sharing directly from another user tbh...if you want a link, though, I can send a message)
Even if this was the case. It is super weird how vague they are being about it. All we know is it existed at one point. Why so much secrecy about an item that may not even be worth $5-$10?

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Looking at the loot crate thing at face value it almost seems like LC expected a Banjo Kazooie Smash announcement to happen before the crate went live and it didn't so they pulled the item. That whole thing is all too strange....

I saw posts on reddit about it, someone said they called customer service and we're given vague answers about the item in question, someone else said that Loot Crate claimed they didn't have the license which makes no sense because they've featured Banjo stuff in LC before. Seems to me that the item may have been in reference to Smash hence that tweet and hence why the item was removed. I bet it was something like Banjo & Kazooie reaching for a Smash ball pin or something. Maybe March was planned to have a Banjo reveal but they chose to wait? It could all mean absolutely nothing or it could go deeper than we think.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Banjo has so many little things that could mean something, or absolutely nothing. I used to reject the idea, out of pure pessimism, but maybe microsoft does want to revive the series. They might be looking at all the other games that are getting revived (crash, spyro, psyconauts, oddworld ect.) and go: "Hey, we got one of those. Let's do something with it. We want a piece of that 90's nostalgia pie too."

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At face value, nothing about the LC screams Smash. A product's release got deferred. It happens. It's possible it's Smash-related, sure, but you'd certainly have to be working with an agenda to see Smash as the Occam's Razor. Most of the time something like this happens, if it's not just shuffled around to better accommodate an otherwise lacking release window it's a holdup with the licensor, manufacturer, or distributor.

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
I’ve seen xenother post on gamefaqs back when he first showed up. He was backing up hitagi about Steve and specifically stated multiple times that banjo is not coming.

He then claimed that Erdrick is 100% happening.

Top Bottom