• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
If B-K makes it in, what kind of stage would you guys want? To me, Spiral Mountain is the obvious choice, but I think the Grunty's Furnace Fun or Tower of Tragedy could be really fun stages, with Grunty showing up and asking quiz questions. It would have a similar effect as the Warioware stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
You know, I’m a pretty imaginative guy, so when anyone brings up a newcomer suggestion I can usually imagine how they would play and look. Well, there are only 2 characters that I can’t inagine for the life of me how they would play: Dixie Kong and Steve. King K. Rool, however, was clear as day, and he ended up getting in and played about how I expected him to. That leaves Banjo-Kazooie. Stay strong banjobois!

You know, I’m a pretty imaginative guy, so when anyone brings up a newcomer suggestion I can usually imagine how they would play and look. Well, there are only 2 characters that I can’t inagine for the life of me how they would play: Dixie Kong and Steve. King K. Rool, however, was clear as day, and he ended up getting in and played about how I expected him to. That leaves Banjo-Kazooie. Stay strong banjobois!
I imagine Dixie would play similar to Diddy, kinda like Isabelle to Villager.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought Flying Dragon was by Culture Brain, though? Mischief Makers was by Treasure.
This makes me feel like a bad n64 fan. XD

I was thinking more of Natsume's involvement. I forgot all about Treasure. Though I will say, both games do have a nice colorful aesthetic? (And obviously the B-K series does too).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh man, I forgot to put the Snowboard Kids games on my list, my bad.

I never played the Goemon games.
Well I highly recommend checking them out when you have the chance because they're the most underrated games on the N64 and their right up there with the classics such as Super Mario 64, the Zeldas, and the Rareware games. Yeah, their that good.

Wait, how many of those are Rareware games? I thought I had them all...
Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
Jetforce Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps

I didn't include DK64 because it's already on the Wii U VC and I didn't include Mickey's Speedway USA because even though is was decent or good depending on your opinion of it, it is unnecessary compared to the Rareware games on my list.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well I highly recommend checking them out when you have the chance because they're the most underrated games on the N64 and their right up there with the classics such as Super Mario 64, the Zeldas, and the Rareware games. Yeah, their that good.
Duly noted.

Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
Jetforce Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps
Technically you forgot to list Banjo-Kazooie separately. XD But yeah, I have 'em all.

I didn't include DK64 because it's already on the Wii U VC and I didn't include Mickey's Speedway USA because even though is was decent or good depending on your opinion of it, it is unnecessary compared to the Rareware games on my list.
Did Rareware literally develop the game? If so, then it's one of I'm missing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Duly noted.
I hope that means you'll look into it lol.

Technically you forgot to list Banjo-Kazooie separately.
Yeah, I was replaying to somebody when I posted that list on here. They already mentioned wanting the first Banjo-Kazooie to come to the Switch and I replayed back saying what other N64 titles that should be on there as well.

Did Rareware literally develop the game? If so, then it's one of I'm missing.
Yeah, they did.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope that means you'll look into lol.
I wish I could rent games again. Or had a way to decently play it on my computer. Action games like that need a real controller~

Yeah, I was replaying to somebody when I posted that list on here. They already mentioned wanting the first Banjo-Kazooie to come to the Switch and I replayed back saying what other N64 titles that should be on there as well.
Fair enough. That was a long set of posts to get to the context. XD

Yeah, they did.
I must pick it up then.

It's a 64 fan thing. >.>

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
If B-K makes it in, what kind of stage would you guys want? To me, Spiral Mountain is the obvious choice, but I think the Grunty's Furnace Fun or Tower of Tragedy could be really fun stages, with Grunty showing up and asking quiz questions. It would have a similar effect as the Warioware stage.
I'd love Click Clock Woods just cause of the different seasonal stuff and the music. But I feel like it kinda has to be Spiral Mountain. It's like the most iconic location. And Spiral Mountain could also have Grunty apperances.

One idea I liked was a stage that started on Spiral Mountain but it does a Pilotwings and goes to all the different worlds of Kazooie.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
i like the idea of the map being similar to the F-zero map in melee where you are on a small platform that goes from location to location. That way we can see a few of the locales of the BK games.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I hate to rain on Conker’s parade but I feel like if we got another Rare character after Banjo it’d definitely be the Battletoads
I'd say nether of those. Conker was never a character Nintendo was fond of once Twelve Tales was retooled. Unlike Banjo, I don't believe Nintendo even had Conker's trademark. As for Battletoads, that series was absent during Rare's heyday with Nintendo. It's mostly known as a third party title for the NES/SNES, Genesis and the arcades. Of course that doesn't prevent his inclusion and admittedly, Rash would be pretty damn cool.

If I had to pick a second Rare rep after Banjo-Kazooie, I'd say Joanna Dark and Fulgore are the two that make the most sense. Both characters were heavily promoted by Nintendo back in the 90's. Fulgore was the face of KI and was all over Nintendo marketing material.

As for Joanna, she already had an item back in Melee. That, plus the Proximity Mine from Goldeneye debuting back in Smash 64 shown Nintendo had big interest in these series.

If I'm being honest though, I'd just take Mumbo Jumbo and Grunty over both. The more Banjo the better.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By the way, I'm a N64 enthusiast that has a collection of over 70 N64 games at the moment. I know a lot about the N64's library and I pretty much know about all the hidden gems and all the trashy games nobody should play on the console.

I wish I could rent games again. Or had a way to decently play it on my computer. Action games like that need a real controller~
If you ever decide to look for them, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon goes for about under $50 and Goemon's Great Adventure goes for over $50 or $60 most of the time. Those games prices are slowly going up as the years go by.

I must pick it up then.

It's a 64 fan thing. >.>
No N64 collector can truly have a perfect N64 collection without having the entire Rareware catalog.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Spiral Mountain would likely have to be the stage since it's the most iconic and all the games in the franchise revolve around it and just like most major video game franchise's they have a main level archetype that is the identity of the franchise/series/IP.

Mario / Mushroom Kingdom
Donkey Kong / Jungle Hijinx
Kirby / Dreamland
Star Fox / Corneria
Sonic / Green Hill Zone
Etc...

As much as lot of us would like a stage that goes around different BK worlds, I do not see it happening and it would probably be too much work and while some might think Spiral Mountain would be boring, I think that it should take place on the bridge/mountain with the Spiral Mountain theme playing and later the platform rises up while the music slowly transitions to the top of Grunty's Tower where Grunty's final boss theme plays and the sky is dark with lightning bolts going off and Grunty being the stage hazard while riding her broom and throwing spells, rhymes and her iconic witch cackling. Then the stage resets after while.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly don't know who I will throw strong support behind once Banjo gets in.
If we are talking about likely characters to support whether than pipedream picks, after Banjo I'm throwing my full support on Krystal.

I would support Goemon since he is my most wanted, but he is truly a pipedream pick I don't consider likely at all. I do support Goemon in the Goemon thread, but if we are talking about a Smash Ballot 2 and Banjo & Kazooie are already in by the time that might happen if it does, than I'm voting for Krystal.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie is the my most wanted overall and if they make it in then I would be fully satisfied and have closure, The only remaining 1st Party Characters that I care about and would like to join Smash is the remaining members of the DK Crew (Chunky, Lanky and Tiny Kong) or Dixie Kong, But that's getting kind of greedy. I would also like Grunty to join as we could still use more bad guys in Smash and she's a great one.

But if I had to choose my next likely candidate if Banjo-Kazooie were to make the roster it would have to be another 3rd Party big name character and that would be "Crash Bandicoot" as platformers are my favorite genre and I'm a big fan of wacky, cartoony animals, Plus he's one of the last big names left when it comes to 90's platforming mascots.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
I'd say nether of those. Conker was never a character Nintendo was fond of once Twelve Tales was retooled. Unlike Banjo, I don't believe Nintendo even had Conker's trademark. As for Battletoads, that series was absent during Rare's heyday with Nintendo. It's mostly known as a third party title for the NES/SNES, Genesis and the arcades. Of course that doesn't prevent his inclusion and admittedly, Rash would be pretty damn cool.

If I had to pick a second Rare rep after Banjo-Kazooie, I'd say Joanna Dark and Fulgore are the two that make the most sense. Both characters were heavily promoted by Nintendo back in the 90's. Fulgore was the face of KI and was all over Nintendo marketing material.

As for Joanna, she already had an item back in Melee. That, plus the Proximity Mine from Goldeneye debuting back in Smash 64 shown Nintendo had big interest in these series.

If I'm being honest though, I'd just take Mumbo Jumbo and Grunty over both. The more Banjo the better.
Wrong, actually. Nintendo was perfectly fine with BFD, going as far as to specially promote it at E3 and assist with marketing materials. Just google "Conker's Bad Fur Day condoms" to see how far they went.

As for the items in Melee, it might have helped Perfect Dark's case in the fact that it came out well over a year before Melee, whereas BFD came out a mere 8 months before.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Wrong, actually. Nintendo was perfectly fine with BFD, going as far as to specially promote it at E3 and assist with marketing materials. Just google "Conker's Bad Fur Day condoms" to see how far they went.

As for the items in Melee, it might have helped Perfect Dark's case in the fact that it came out well over a year before Melee, whereas BFD came out a mere 8 months before.
Oh I'm aware of all that. There was definitely mixed feelings throughout Nintendo as a whole. Rare showcased a scene of Conker pissing on devils to Minoru Arakawa (Nintendo founder) and Howard Lincoln (President). Minoru found it hilarious, while Lincoln didn't like it at all. There's also rumblings of Grabbed by the Ghoulies pissing off Miyamoto back when it was planned for the Gamecube. There's also the tale of Rare presenting an early DK64 to Miyamoto with real guns, which also upset him. There were a lot of things Rare did that certain people within Nintendo questioned, and I've always felt Conker was one the things that led to the break of Rare from Nintendo. That and the Stampers wanting to sell, of course.

Conker's BFD is a super fun game, I love it. I would like him in Smash. I just think he's a very controversial pick. It's not as easy as throwing Banjo in. You can tone down characters like Snake and Bayonetta, but Conker is a bit more crude than that. I can't see certain companies (The Pokemon Company to name specifically) being okay having a character like Pikachu alongside a Squirrel that pisses on his enemies.

Good point on Perfect Dark. I know Nintendo and Rare were wanting to move forward with that series since Zero had a demo showcased at Spaceworld. I wonder if those cut Rare trophies from Melee included Conker. I'm still of the belief Diddy was one of these trophies.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rayman, Spyro, and Earthworm Jim as well.
You da man. I sure wish we knew what the hell Interplay has in mind for Jim and future projects, though.

Banjo-Kazooie is the my most wanted overall and if they make it in then I would be fully satisfied and have closure, The only remaining 1st Party Characters that I care about and would like to join Smash is the remaining members of the DK Crew (Chunky, Lanky and Tiny Kong) or Dixie Kong, But that's getting kind of greedy. I would also like Grunty to join as we could still use more bad guys in Smash and she's a great one.

But if I had to choose my next likely candidate if Banjo-Kazooie were to make the roster it would have to be another 3rd Party big name character and that would be "Crash Bandicoot" as platformers are my favorite genre and I'm a big fan of wacky, cartoony animals, Plus he's one of the last big names left when it comes to 90's platforming mascots.
Greedy? Not at all, given that it's been long overdue for DK to get any service. Grunty would be a bit of a stretch, since other Rare characters would get priority.

Crash is definitely a must though.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
if banjo got in the only character that i'd get excited about would be waluigi but that seems less likely than a goomba at this point.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Just wanted to thank you guys for being supportive of Conker! I say that because I wasn't treated the same way by Banjo fans on other sites. You guys could've said "Conker sucks. He doesn't deserve to be in" but you didn't!
I mean, Conker is a great Character and obviously appeals to a Wider, more "Mature" Audience.

I knew a Girl in High school who wasn't even a Gamer ask me if I knew what "Conkers Bad Fur day" was, it took me by surprise but apparently she heard about it, looked it up, thought it looked hilarious and told lots of people about it, so soon my English-2 Class knew what Conker was, it was pretty awesome.

Anyway, Yeah Conker would be Great, better than a lot of choices you see nowadays

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
If Conker were in Smash, what would his stage be. Personally, I’d like it to take place in the hub world which I refer to it as “Windy.” I can see it taking place ontop of the hill the windmill is where there would be platforms attached to each blade. To make it interesting, the windmill blades and its platforms will move faster, reverse thier rotation, or both. This speed and rotations would be indicated by a sentient wind sock where Mr. Barrel was in the original game.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Conker’s stage would need to be obnoxiously whimsical with subtle crude elements in the background

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Conker's BFD is a super fun game, I love it. I would like him in Smash. I just think he's a very controversial pick. It's not as easy as throwing Banjo in. You can tone down characters like Snake and Bayonetta, but Conker is a bit more crude than that. I can't see certain companies (The Pokemon Company to name specifically) being okay having a character like Pikachu alongside a Squirrel that pisses on his enemies.
Here's the thing. In-game, Conker only gets drunk and pisses on people twice. They are also very brief parts of the game. So it's not like drinking booze is a vital part of Conker's moveset. What are vital parts of Conker's moveset is the weaponry he has thanks to the Context Sensitive buttons found around his levels. TNT, throwing knives, a frying pan, a chainsaw, an anvil, a slingshot, etc. Conker has lots of E-rated moves that he uses in Bad Fur Day. I'm not saying this towards you, but everyone wants to focus on the fact that Conker comes from an M-rated game without realizing that he is actually one of the most innocent characters in the game! Not only does he drink alcohol sparingly, but he also curses very sparingly. It's the other characters that are super raunchy. Yes, Conker may piss on enemies in very brief parts of the game, but that doesn't define who the character is or what he represents at all! Those sections are just meant to be quick funny jokes that Chris Seavor threw in. What Conker himself represents is pure creativity. There ain't nothing M-rated about a greedy (:ultwario:) fast talking (:ultsonic:) squirrel.

If Conker were in Smash, what would his stage be. Personally, I’d like it to take place in the hub world which I refer to it as “Windy.” I can see it taking place ontop of the hill the windmill is where there would be platforms attached to each blade. To make it interesting, the windmill blades and its platforms will move faster, reverse thier rotation, or both. This speed and rotations would be indicated by a sentient wind sock where Mr. Barrel was in the original game.
I feel like anywhere could work in the game except for the Poo Cavern, and Rock Solid (due to rock boobies). There are also lots of awesome tracks Conker can bring with him, including: Windy, Rock Solid, Surf Punks, Heist, the list goes on.

Well it helps that to begin with, Conker is the most used Rare character by Microsoft. Even with Banjo's popularity, that still gives Conker an advantage over 90% of other Rare characters. Plus, Nintendo was fond of Conker. They just obviously weren't going to show his game in Nintendo Power where kids can mistake it for an E-rated game. If Nintendo didn't care, they would not have made special Conker condoms, or held events where people can get Conker henna tattoos.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It would never happen, But if Conker got a stage it would be in a giant mountain of ****.

Even have that lower sewage area were you fight the "Great Mighty Poo" as he can be the stage hazard and would be singing in the background while throwing balls of crap at you.

That would be hilarious.

TheBeastHimself

It would never happen, But if Conker got a stage it would be in a giant mountain of ****.

Even have that lower sewage area were you fight the "Great Mighty Poo" as he can be the stage hazard and would be singing in the background while throwing balls of crap at you.

That would be hilarious.
I would love that to be a stage even though Nintendo would never go with that option. Jeez imagine the Great Mighty Poo as a boss in World of Light lmao.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would love that to be a stage even though Nintendo would never go with that option. Jeez imagine the Great Mighty Poo as a boss in World of Light lmao.
If they wanna keep it more tame, How about the Rock Solid night club ? Who wouldn't want to beat the hell out of each other to that awesome beat?

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
So I figure nobody would want to use it in place of BFD, but does anyone else here remember Conker's Pocket Tales?

TheBeastHimself

If they wanna keep it more tame, How about the Rock Solid night club ? Who wouldn't want to beat the hell out of each other to that awesome beat?
They'd have to make the lady dancers wear a bit more age appropriate outfits, but hell yeah a Smash stage in a club sounds sick especially with all the strobe lights and stuff.

So I figure nobody would want to use it in place of BFD, but does anyone else here remember Conker's Pocket Tales?
I do. Don't know how much material they could pull from, but I guess Honker could be an alt for Conker.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Conker would be a bizarre but hilarious choice for DLC and I'd be down for them. I highly doubt it though. I don't think he has a chance in hell. Banjo-Kazooie has it tough as it is. Dealing with Steve and Master Chief while also being a western character from a competing company. I just want to stick to focusing on Banjo-Kazooie. Since they're the character I want most next to Gordon Freeman.

Recently I have been feeling good about Banjo-Kazooie's chances in the game, however. Based on all the news in regards to Nintendo/Microsoft collaborations recently (even if not all of it is true).

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Again, the fact that there is datamining on a character with a move set that lines up with Banjo and Kazooie including a height similar to a standing Duck Hunt coupled with the Duck Hunt glitched occuring in the game makes me fairly confident in Banjo

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Conker would be a bizarre but hilarious choice for DLC and I'd be down for them. I highly doubt it though. I don't think he has a chance in hell. Banjo-Kazooie has it tough as it is. Dealing with Steve and Master Chief while also being a western character from a competing company. I just want to stick to focusing on Banjo-Kazooie. Since they're the character I want most next to Gordon Freeman.

Recently I have been feeling good about Banjo-Kazooie's chances in the game, however. Based on all the news in regards to Nintendo/Microsoft collaborations recently (even if not all of it is true).
Hey look, it's our human accent friend Rayla.
I Like That Icon of yours.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There were a lot of things Rare did that certain people within Nintendo questioned, and I've always felt Conker was one the things that led to the break of Rare from Nintendo. That and the Stampers wanting to sell, of course.
The buyout would have happened regardless of Conker. But I feel like Nintendo and Rare's decisions during the buyout would have been delayed because of them probably thinking about it more clearly had CBFD never existed. Not to say Conker's Bad Fur Day shouldn't have existed, but it could have been one of the key factors in the decision of Nintendo deciding not to buyout Rare themselves when they had the chance.

I wonder if those cut Rare trophies from Melee included Conker. I'm still of the belief Diddy was one of these trophies.
The was no reason for Diddy not to have a trophy because of Rare in Melee since K. Rool and Dixie had trophies. I believe Diddy was planned to be more than a trophy in Melee, I believe he was planned to be playable. Reason why because in the Japanese poll for the Rare characters, he ranked at number 3 right behind James Bond and Banjo & Kazooie who both were planned for Melee, but were scrapped due to time constraints. James Bond probably for the reason of Nintendo not being able to get the rights to use that actor's likeness.

Last edited:
The buyout would have happened regardless of Conker. But I feel like Nintendo and Rare's decisions during the buyout would have been delayed because of them probably thinking about it more clearly had CBFD never existed. Not to say Conker's Bad Fur Day shouldn't have existed, but it could have been one of the key factors in the decision of Nintendo deciding not to buyout Rare themselves when they had the chance.

The was no reason for Diddy not to have a trophy because of Rare in Melee since K. Rool and Dixie had trophies. I believe Diddy was planned to be more than a trophy in Melee, I believe he was planned to be playable. Reason why because in the Japanese poll for the Rare characters, he ranked at number 3 right behind James Bond and Banjo & Kazooie who both were planned for Melee, but were scrapped due to time constraints. James Bond probably for the reason of Nintendo not being able to get the rights to use that actor's likeness.
Neither of them were “planned but scrapped due to time constraints.” They were only considered.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Here's the thing. In-game, Conker only gets drunk and pisses on people twice. They are also very brief parts of the game. So it's not like drinking booze is a vital part of Conker's moveset. What are vital parts of Conker's moveset is the weaponry he has thanks to the Context Sensitive buttons found around his levels. TNT, throwing knives, a frying pan, a chainsaw, an anvil, a slingshot, etc. Conker has lots of E-rated moves that he uses in Bad Fur Day. I'm not saying this towards you, but everyone wants to focus on the fact that Conker comes from an M-rated game without realizing that he is actually one of the most innocent characters in the game! Not only does he drink alcohol sparingly, but he also curses very sparingly. It's the other characters that are super raunchy. Yes, Conker may piss on enemies in very brief parts of the game, but that doesn't define who the character is or what he represents at all! Those sections are just meant to be quick funny jokes that Chris Seavor threw in. What Conker himself represents is pure creativity. There ain't nothing M-rated about a greedy (:ultwario:) fast talking (:ultsonic:) squirrel.
Good points. Going off his moves in BFD, it doesn't seem like they've had to tone him down for Smash Bros. If Nintendo and Microsoft wanted it bad enough, Conker could happen.

Well it helps that to begin with, Conker is the most used Rare character by Microsoft. Even with Banjo's popularity, that still gives Conker an advantage over 90% of other Rare characters. Plus, Nintendo was fond of Conker. They just obviously weren't going to show his game in Nintendo Power where kids can mistake it for an E-rated game. If Nintendo didn't care, they would not have made special Conker condoms, or held events where people can get Conker henna tattoos.
This point here is the only thing that keeps doubts in my mind for him. Smash Ultimate is E+10 and tons of kids pick these games up. I still am unsure if Nintendo would allow Conker in Smash Bros. Then again, there's Bayonetta.

That's a good theory. I always theorized Diddy's trophy was Diddy Kong Racing related, and had to be cut and wasn't replaced. Wish we still had a way to ask Leigh Loveday about this.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I already got mine in ,But for those of you who haven't voted yet their is still time left !!!

SSBUN is having a big voting poll for most wanted DLC newcomer, Banjo-Kazooie won the previous poll for "Most Wanted Newcomer" Now let's help them retain their title and show everyone who's boss !!!

Super Smash Bros Ultimate News Poll
"Most Wanted Newcomer DLC Edition"

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1102303354582126592

(Google account/Email required)

Last edited:
Top Bottom