• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Again, the fact that there is datamining on a character with a move set that lines up with Banjo and Kazooie including a height similar to a standing Duck Hunt coupled with the Duck Hunt glitched occuring in the game makes me fairly confident in Banjo
Wait... I had no idea this was a thing. It is a true?

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wait... I had no idea this was a thing. It is a true?
Apparently "brave" has a slide similar to banjo. Duck hunt has some pretty funky shenanigans going on with glitches. We're speculating that he's being worked on as a base for someone.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Hey look, it's our human accent friend Rayla.
I Like That Icon of yours.
lol Thanks. I really got into The Dragon Prince recently and Rayla is my favorite character. Also my first non-Persona waifu.

Anyway, to keep on topic, Banjo-Kazooie will probably be the fourth or fifth character in the Fighter Pass I think. Though I bet a good chunk of us share that opinion.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
lol Thanks. I really got into Dragon Prince recently and Rayla is my favorite character. Also first non-Persona waifu.

Anyway, Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie both seem super likely to me atm. Erdrick will likely be next and Banjo-Kazooie will probably be the fourth or fifth character in the pass I think.
I feel like Banjo would HAVE to be revealed at E3, a big event kind of situation, you know? Kinda hoping there's a point where they'll reveal 2 characters instead of 1, then save the final character for an end of year announcement or something. But that's mostly just me not wanting to wait on more reveals for too long, heh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bad news Banjoroos:

It was in one of his Famitsu column, give me a sec and I will find it.

Edit: https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ate-jokers-reveal-getting-some-rest-and-more/

"Nintendo had first approached me with a request: “We want you to reveal that Joker’s in development at The Game Awards 2018.” The timing wasn’t bad at all, it really was what made the flower that was Ultimate’s release bloom. Of course, I hadn’t even started on development at that point, so there wasn’t any gameplay we could show off.

To that end, I thought that we could reveal him through an animated cutscene.

After seeing The Game Awards’ venue, I thought about how I could make the reveal interesting. I’d eventually reach the idea that Joker would infiltrate the venue and steal its “treasure” – an invitation to Smash.

I’m familiar with P5, so writing dialogue that suited the character wasn’t much of an issue. Scheduling with Joker’s voice actor – who’s quite popular – was a different story. We had fun recording the lines, though; the atmosphere in the recording studio was pretty cheerful. We only ended up with a few lines of dialogue, though… What a waste…

I’m not sure about whether or not we’ll do reveal movies for the other DLC fighters, but I’d like to do what I can (within the realm of possibility) to make sure you all enjoy them."
If Nonno read this right, no one from Microsoft will get any big, fancy trailers like Joker did, not even Steve.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bad news Banjoroos:

If Nonno read this right, no one from Microsoft will get any big, fancy trailers like Joker did, not even Steve.
Sorta disappointing that they may not get an animated trailer, but if they're in, it won't make much of a difference to me tbh.

Would've liked a cool video like what the base-game characters got, though.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
To be fair, they may still get reveal trailers; they just would be similar to Piranha Plants's reveal and the reveals for DLC characters in Smash 4. Namely, they only used gameplay footage; no special animations like with the base roster or Joker (who could still get a regular DLC trailer as well).

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Listen... if they gave Banjo and Kazooie quality animations and expressions like the ones K. Rool has... I wouldn't care about anything else.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering Ryu, Cloud and Bayo didn't get cool cinematic trailers either. Makes Joker all the more special, and I'm cool with that. Sakurai didn't specifically say "not happening" though, so... who knows? ;)

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Apparently "brave" has a slide similar to banjo. Duck hunt has some pretty funky shenanigans going on with glitches. We're speculating that he's being worked on as a base for someone.
Looked up "Brave"'s Stats, jesus christ they all line up to Banjo and Kazooie's

- Has Stats of a Zoner
- somewhat floaty in the air
- Medium Sized
- Slightly smaller than Luigi
- Cannot walljump
- Cannot Crawl
- Distinctive Slide

oh please god let it be Banjo

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Good points. Going off his moves in BFD, it doesn't seem like they've had to tone him down for Smash Bros. If Nintendo and Microsoft wanted it bad enough, Conker could happen.

This point here is the only thing that keeps doubts in my mind for him. Smash Ultimate is E+10 and tons of kids pick these games up. I still am unsure if Nintendo would allow Conker in Smash Bros. Then again, there's Bayonetta.

That's a good theory. I always theorized Diddy's trophy was Diddy Kong Racing related, and had to be cut and wasn't replaced. Wish we still had a way to ask Leigh Loveday about this.
I can completely understand why you have your doubts. The only reason I don't is because Bayonetta comes from a game where she can cause enemies to explode into realistic bloody chunks (which happens in Conker, though in an animated cutesy way) and she also flat out tortures people, which Conker never does. We'll see what happens, but I do believe the possibility is there. Conker fans just have to show Nintendo the demand for it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Bad news Banjoroos:

While disappointing, It's not surprising since they did the same thing with Smash 4 DLC, Only base game newcomers got fancy trailers not DLC ones, Only gameplay trailers like Piranha Plant's reveal and while it would have been nice to get a CGI cinematic reveal of Banjo-Kazooie, But at the end of the day as long as they make it in that's all that really matters.

Honestly I was expecting worser news at first, But this is the least of our problems, We are still in this thing.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Looked up "Brave"'s Stats, jesus christ they all line up to Banjo and Kazooie's

- Has Stats of a Zoner
- somewhat floaty in the air
- Medium Sized
- Slightly smaller than Luigi
- Cannot walljump
- Cannot Crawl
- Distinctive Slide

oh please god let it be Banjo
I hope. As much as a believe in "save the best for last" it'd be nice to have banjo revealed already and save us months of speculation. It still could be eddy, but "brave" seems like a super obvious code name for a dq character.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
While disappointing, It's not surprising since they did the same thing with Smash 4 DLC, Only base game newcomers got fancy trailers not DLC ones, Only gameplay trailers like Piranha Plant's reveal and while it would have been nice to get a CGI cinematic reveal of Banjo-Kazooie, But at the end of the day as long as they make it in that's all that really matters.
Banjo could still get something related to the N64. You see Mario, Young Link, and Fox on Peach's Castle, Great Bay, and Corneria respectively, and then...Guh-huh!

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
I hope. As much as a believe in "save the best for last" it'd be nice to have banjo revealed already and save us months of speculation. It still could be eddy, but "brave" seems like a super obvious code name for a dq character.
To be fair, they haven't taken that approach with smash. Ridley and K. Rool were revealed early, and they left.... Ken and Incineroar for last. Ryu and Cloud, followed by.... Bayo and Corrin.

But it makes sense to me. Showing off bigger characters first has more people paying attention earlier. And in this case, that means selling more fighter passes sooner rather than later.

Of course, there's the unfortunate possibility of Banjo not being in the game at all, and us having to wait until the end to find out. But I'd rather be optimistic here!

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
To be fair, they haven't taken that approach with smash. Ridley and K. Rool were revealed early, and they left.... Ken and Incineroar for last. Ryu and Cloud, followed by.... Bayo and Corrin.

But it makes sense to me. Showing off bigger characters first has more people paying attention earlier. And in this case, that means selling more fighter passes sooner rather than later.

Of course, there's the unfortunate possibility of Banjo not being in the game at all, and us having to wait until the end to find out. But I'd rather be optimistic here!
That's what I hope. Joker could be nintendo's way of saying "don't worry, we aren't going with shill picks". Banjo would get people get excited and buy the pass. Then bring in the ho-hum characters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, fairly sure the last won't necessarily be the best. Seriously, I thought this was obvious by now. :ultpiranha:

Also, I have serious doubts we'll even have an SE character at all.

That's what I hope. Joker could be nintendo's way of saying "don't worry, we aren't going with shill picks". Banjo would get people get excited and buy the pass. Then bring in the ho-hum characters
The usual pattern I see (which is never broken) is that hype characters come first, then somewhat less exciting ones everyone knows, and finally at least one darkhorse that barely anyone would have asked for or saw coming.

Also, I find something inherently funny about the animated trailer coming FIRST rather than LAST this time, it's like a reverse of 4's situation. :ultbayonetta:

Sorta disappointing that they may not get an animated trailer, but if they're in, it won't make much of a difference to me tbh.

Would've liked a cool video like what the base-game characters got, though.
Yeah. It gets me that PP fans won't get to see him in fully-rendered CGI until 10 years later at most.

Last edited:

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Bad news Banjoroos:

Had a feeling this was coming. I noticed Smash 4's DLC character trailers either had very little CG or none at all, mainly making the trailers in-game. Guessing they want to save money and only pay for trailers for the base game newcomers, as DLC is a little less important. Figured Ultimate's DLC cast would have the same treatment after Piranha Plant's trailer.

(Joker's probably an exception because his trailer didn't use CG, so it was cheaper.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Had a feeling this was coming. I noticed Smash 4's DLC character trailers either had very little CG or none at all, mainly making the trailers in-game. Guessing they want to save money and only pay for trailers for the base game newcomers, as DLC is a little less important. Figured Ultimate's DLC cast would have the same treatment after Piranha Plant's trailer.

(Joker's probably an exception because his trailer didn't use CG, so it was cheaper.)
I thought it was confirmed that the DLC budget was smaller, along with the team too?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Bad news Banjoroos:

I don't think so on this end. Sakurai's answer was very open ended so it is still possible there will be a big CGI movie to announce a fighter. He didn't seem confident enough to take a solid stand on yes or no, so the possibility is still there. We could possibly still see this as proof that the reveals will have a theme built around them. Joker had the interesting reveal where he snuck into the theater. Ridley and K.Rool were during maximum hype due to E3, and Isabelle's reveal was before a reveal of the upcoming Animal Crossing switch game. I think we may get a reveal of Pack 2 once pack 1 is dropped in April. Since multiple DLC's are being worked on we can be a little loose in when they are revealed and dropped.

I think just the team is smaller. I don;t remember anything stating the budget would be smaller.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It would suck if we get Banjo and he is just kinda revealed like "yup here he is. Enjoy!" When Joker gets this animated reveal trailer with the original voice cast. All in the style of Persona 5.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It would suck if we get Banjo and he is just kinda revealed like "yup here he is. Enjoy!" When Joker gets this animated reveal trailer with the original voice cast. All in the style of Persona 5.
At this point, I’ll be satisfied with just a gameplay video with a possible nod or two to the original Banjo-Kazooie games! As long as they got confirmed, I’d be happy. A badass CGI trailer a la Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon/Richter Belmont, Ken, and Incineroar would’ve been nice, but I figured the DLC characters would be announced similarly to Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
At this point, I’ll be satisfied with just a gameplay video with a possible nod or two to the original Banjo-Kazooie games! As long as they got confirmed, I’d be happy. A badass CGI trailer a la Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon/Richter Belmont, Ken, and Incineroar would’ve been nice, but I figured the DLC characters would be announced similarly to Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta.
I just feel like it would be down playing the achievement it would be getting a character from Microsoft when they seem to make a big deal about Joker.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Neither of them were “planned but scrapped due to time constraints.” They were only considered.
Well... either way, had Melee been in development longer than it did, Banjo & Kazooie would have probably made it into the game.
I feel like Banjo would HAVE to be revealed at E3, a big event kind of situation, you know? Kinda hoping there's a point where they'll reveal 2 characters instead of 1, then save the final character for an end of year announcement or something. But that's mostly just me not wanting to wait on more reveals for too long, heh.
I swear if Banjo get's revealed and released at E3, I won't be worrying at all about the rest of the DLC what so ever.
Bad news Banjoroos:

It's Smash 4 DLC trailers all over again, which is kind of a bummer. But it's what I was expecting.
But Brave's stats though line up more with Banjo & Kazooie than it does with Erdrick.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Well Smash 4 DLC ended with the most sour picks you can imagine especially Corrin. But if Banjo and Kazooie get revealed next then there are other characters that I think could end the DLC on a high note like Sora, Crash Bandicoot, or Geno.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I choose to believe the fun we take from gloating and laughing at all the haters that doubted us would be all the more sweeter than a CGI trailer.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't expect the DLC to end on a high note, Smash rarely does. Olimar for Brawl, Shulk for Smash For, Corrin/Bayo for Smash For DLC and Kenciniroar for Ultimate.

I wouldn't be surprised if our final DLC character is just a Gen 8 starter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I choose to believe the fun we take from gloating and laughing at all the haters that doubted us would be all the more sweeter than a CGI trailer.
The salt from the haters would be so delicious. It would be K. Rool all over again and I would love it.
I don't expect the DLC to end on a high note, Smash rarely does. Olimar for Brawl, Shulk for Smash For, Corrin/Bayo for Smash For DLC and Kenciniroar for Ultimate.

Actually it was :wolf: for Brawl and :4duckhunt:for Smash 4's base. Those two were the last fighters developed and revealed for Brawl and Smash 4's base

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't want much in terms of CG for banjo, actually, all I want is him knocking on the screen and going "Guh-huh"

Also can someone tell me more about this unique slide? What do you mean by it? Like a down tilt? How does it relate to Banjo?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually it was :wolf: for Brawl and :4duckhunt:for Smash 4's base. Those two were the last fighters developed and revealed for Brawl and Smash 4's base
The last character revealed was Shulk before the 3DS version launched. Duck Hunt wasn't revealed before 4 overall launched.

Likewise, Olimar was the last character revealed before Brawl released. Wolf got revealed after its launch. That's what people meant by "final base roster" reveal, that is, before launch. Which is the equivalent to Kencineroar. In previous Smash games before Ultimate, it was common practice to reveal a few characters after launch. Ultimate changed that entirely, a specific thing Sakurai wanted to do. Mostly to avoid leaks(didn't succeed that well).

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I really hope if Banjo-Kazooie make it in it's an E3 announcement I really don't want to wait and find out until February of next year, Going from the last March (Announcement) to December (Launch) was torture waiting to find out who made the cut, We got a 2nd chance when DLC announced 5 more roster slots the only problem is more waiting.

1st fighter is in April and it looks like the 2nd fighter is in line for June so if history tells us anything is that big name characters get revealed early-mid cycle.

I really, really hope Banjo-Kazooie is Challenger Pack #2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Finally, someone else that gets it! Fans treat the series like it's supposed to be a Tekken/Soul Calibur big kind of deal for every reveal, when Sakurai just isn't prone to doing that constantly, simply doing his own thing, much like Nintendo itself. Also, you forgot about ROB.

On a more positive note, it appears that it's hinted that something BESIDES characters is coming, since Source Gaming recently heard about dataminers uncovering possible data for Home Run Contest and the Stage Builder.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I don't want much in terms of CG for banjo, actually, all I want is him knocking on the screen and going "Guh-huh"

Also can someone tell me more about this unique slide? What do you mean by it? Like a down tilt? How does it relate to Banjo?
Think of the slide like when Luigi turns around really quickly and he slides across the ground before stopping. Banjo has something similar to that in his games and he doesn't have much traction in his movements in the first place.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I suppose they could go the :ultpacman: route, his trailer didn't have much CGI in it.
And Pac-Man’s trailer was hype AF!

On a more positive note, it appears that it's hinted that something BESIDES characters is coming, since Source Gaming recently heard about dataminers uncovering possible data for Home Run Contest and the Stage Builder.
Yesssss, I really hope we eventually get every mode that’s ever been in a Smash game to make a return in this. It’d be so cool to have things like Board the Platforms, Race to the Finish, Stage Builder, and even Smash Run and Smash Tour (even though I know a lot of people wouldn’t want the latter back lol) make a return. How can we call this game Ultimate if it doesn’t have everything make a return? I’d also love to see the rest of the stages that couldn’t make it to base return as well, how can we have stages like PAC-Land and Hanenbow make a return but not PAC-Maze and Poke Floats?! I’d even love to see them make ‘stage skins’ for Battlefield and Final Destination that make the stages look like their 64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U, & 3DS styles graphically updated and of your choice to play with!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I really hope that update 3.0 let's us select fighters after every match online, It's annoying to have someone get all cocky just because they beat you, But you only lost because you were practicing or having fun with a new fighter that you don't normally use.

Kind of puzzling that Smash 4 had that option, But Ultimate doesn't.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I really hope that update 3.0 let's us select fighters after every match online, It's annoying to have someone get all cocky just because they beat you, But you only lost because you were practicing or having fun with a new fighter that you don't normally use.

Kind of puzzling that Smash 4 had that option, But Ultimate doesn't.
My reasoning for that is because of the new GSP system being individualized for each fighter and Elite Smash being a thing.

Because Elite and Regular Quickplay have separate queues

Top Bottom