• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChrisNonyminus

Smash Rookie
Ok, how do we know if the person who made that tweet is actually legit? The account was made a month ago and that mementos "datamine" is his first tweet.

AFAIK, this could be a fake.

Yes, I know he's apparently a well-known Smash 4 modder, but that just raises the possibility of this being fake too; either he faked it just for fun, or someone is impersonating him.

Last edited:
Ok, how do we know if the person who made that tweet is actually legit? The account was made a month ago and that mementos "datamine" is his first tweet.

AFAIK, this could be a fake.

Yes, I know he's apparently a well-known Smash 4 modder, but that just raises the possibility of this being fake too; either he faked it just for fun, or someone is impersonating him.
Good point

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There's another 5chan leak that only mentioned Joker and Erdrick and what came with them, Mementos helps that leak more than the other one because it also mentioned P5R and P5U or something.

However, I think it came after the Ryu/Steve/Doomguy leak, but it's more-likely to be real than that one since it doesn't list every single fighter and already seems to have at least something going for it.

Anyway, my suggestion for a Banjo-Kazooie Mash-Up Pack in Minecraft has been "approved," so people can see it now. Please vote :)

https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/e...Mash-Up-Pack-Banjo-Kazooie-Get-Jiggy-With-It-

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Like I said last page. Just because a "leak" mentioned a stage everyone guessed the moment of Joker's reveal means nothing. We really shouldn't freak out just because someone makes a leak leak that involves Steve.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like I said last page. Just because a "leak" mentioned a stage everyone guessed the moment of Joker's reveal means nothing.
Hyperbole aside, making a claim that can be proven and a claim that can't are very different.

This could be easily corroborated once some else dives into the data.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like I said last page. Just because a "leak" mentioned a stage everyone guessed the moment of Joker's reveal means nothing. We really shouldn't freak out just because someone makes a leak leak that involves Steve.
Devil's Advocate and all, but Mementos wasn't unanimously agreed to be the stage though. One of the potential options, yes, but far from the only one.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Devil's Advocate and all, but Mementos wasn't unanimously agreed to be the stage though. One of the potential options, yes, but far from the only one.
Yes it was one of a few stages people thought it was. But it was still a pretty common guess. Super easy to just stick into a fake leak.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think the "leaker" had a crazy night with a character map and out came the leak. It looks like he just went nuts on Notepad. There's no datamining context or software with the image, so I'm thinking it's fakeroo.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
There's another 5chan leak that only mentioned Joker and Erdrick and what came with them, Mementos helps that leak more than the other one because it also mentioned P5R and P5U or something.

However, I think it came after the Ryu/Steve/Doomguy leak, but it's more-likely to be real than that one since it doesn't list every single fighter and already seems to have at least something going for it.

Anyway, my suggestion for a Banjo-Kazooie Mash-Up Pack in Minecraft has been "approved," so people can see it now. Please vote :)

https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/e...Mash-Up-Pack-Banjo-Kazooie-Get-Jiggy-With-It-
Wasn't Ryu debunked because the DOA Dev's that own his rights said that Nintendo or Sakurai never talked to them for Smash bros?

Mr. Stagg

idk, maybe so.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the leak that only had Joker, Erdrick, and P5R (and P5U?) as the more-likely one.
I know that. The bigger 5ch leak that had Ryu, Doomguy and Steve was supposedly taken from Reddit once the first leak you mentioned went up. Still not going to stop trolls from drudging up the larger leak to say they are confirmed IF Edrick is revealed.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I know that. The bigger 5ch leak that had Ryu, Doomguy and Steve was supposedly taken from Reddit once the first leak you mentioned went up. Still not going to stop trolls from drudging up the larger leak to say they are confirmed IF Edrick is revealed.
I think it’s fake by the simple fact it claims everyone would be known by E3.

Only things I’d genuinely accept are Steve but Doom Guy moreso just to see his nature in Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it’s fake by the simple fact it claims everyone would be known by E3.

Only things I’d genuinely accept are Steve but Doom Guy moreso just to see his nature in Smash.
I still heavily doubt that they'd be able to get two Western third parties in one go when just one is hard to get as it is.

Throughout Ultimate's run? Yes. For the same pass? No way.

Thank goodness for that killswitch though. At this stage it'd be hella hard to reveal everyone when Joker won't be released until at least April.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
But here’s the difference between Banjo and the others. Isaac: is he popular? Sure, but his series is undeniably niche. Geno: is he popular? Yes, but he is also undeniably obscure seeing as he’s a side character in one spinoff game. There’s honestly no reason to make him anything more than just a Mii costume (sorry Geno fans). K Rool and Ridley eventually made it in because they’re actually important characters from important franchises. Which is exactly what Banjo is. Sure, he isn’t really relevant anymore, but there’s no denying how popular and influential he was during his time on the N64. And you really can’t say that about Isaac or Geno. Which is why I say, again, that they’ve gotta know how upset fans would be if they did Banjo dirty like that.
What? As much as I want Banjo in Smash (my second most wanted) I wouldn’t put him on the same level as Ridley or K. Rool. The difference between them is those two are part of major Nintendo franchises that are still going strong today. Banjo has been dead since 2006? Even longer in the Nintendo sense.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If the rumors about Nintendo really hating Rare in the past is true. I wonder if Nintendo is trying to make amends with them now? They sure have been trying to work over relations with SE. So It doesn't seem so far out of the picture to try and be friends with Rare again.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

from what she says, and the replies, it makes me wonder if Nintendo wanted to take Banjo-Kazooie or if their words aren't entirely true, since they were pushing them as mascots.
It should say a lot that they put them on the N64 box with Mario, DK, and Pikachu. Can't forget all the commercials and promos that used the duo.

DywAARJXQAAWvMC.jpg large.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I also thought Nintendo helped Rare advertise Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I only heard this on an old Youtube video so it may be false; I think the video was by Did You Know Gaming.

Of course, NoA, NoE and whoever else may have been more friendly with Rare.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Christ, and I thought Steveposting was finally going away. It's going to be even worse on /v/ now
You made me go look. Someone is trying to pull a Grinch leak again haha
1550716558610.jpg

They say Joker and Steve are on the left. But it's so blurry I can't even make them out if they are there. I'm just kinda curious who that mii looking guy holding a knife is over box boy.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

View attachment 193720

They say Joker and Steve are on the left. But it's so blurry I can't even make them out if they are there. I'm just kinda curious who that mii looking guy holding a knife is over box boy.
Mii looking guy is to be Frisk from Undertale. I cannot for the life of me see what that cloud looking thing under Frisk is supposed to be.

I am incredibly nervous now. Should I be?
Don't be. These trolls will do anything to whip up a ****-posting storm.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't understand how this tweet saying Joker's stage deconfirms Banjo in anyway? Not like his stage was hard to guess. People keep saying it does but I don't understand why outside some obviously fake text leaks that mention Joker's stage.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 193720

Actually after analyzing it further, it’s 100% fake. That render on the upper right? It’s a photoshopped Mii Brawler.

68F3EBBA-B974-43A9-8E14-48E9ED01CFC2.png

On top of that, the cube thing underneath it? Literally a creation from the general thread on this forum. That, and something like that was a mod in Minecraft itself. If Steve were to get in, there’s not going to be any sort of mods at all!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know why the tweet being real would suddenly make Banjo a mii costume, when there's another 5chan leak that's much more believable and it only mentions Joker, Erdrick, and the stuff they come with, along with P5R and whatever.

Regarding that image, I thought the white cube was Boxboy/Qbby? The only similar thing I remember from the General thread was a re-textured Minecraft pig, making it all white and replacing its face with JoJo's or whatever character's. I can't tell who the character on the left is.

Last edited:

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
View attachment 193720

The Grinch one at least LOOKED good. I think this one is a little more obvious to be fake. That's just my opinion.

I don't understand how this tweet saying Joker's stage deconfirms Banjo in anyway? Not like his stage was hard to guess. People keep saying it does but I don't understand why outside some obviously fake text leaks that mention Joker's stage.
It’s funny how one second people are like “cmon guys, nobody knows the dlc!” and then something like this happens and suddenly it’s “OMG DOES THIS MEAN THAT LEAK WAS TRUE?!”

Smh

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't know why the tweet being real would suddenly make Banjo a mii costume, when there's another 5chan leak that's much more believable and it only mentions Joker, Erdrick, and the stuff they come with, along with P5R and whatever.

Regarding that image, I thought the white cube was Boxboy/Qbby? The only similar thing I remember from the General thread was a re-textured Minecraft pig, making it all white and replacing its face with JoJo's or whatever character. I can't tell who the character on the left is.
You have to zoom out to really see it, but it looks like the retextured pig.

The Mii Brawler thing is just something I noticed.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You have to zoom out to really see it, but it looks like the retextured pig.

The Mii Brawler thing is just something I noticed.
I guess so, it's just the eyes make me think it's more-likely Qbby.

I thought it was ugly Steveposting at first, but yeah it does look like Frisk.

Who's on the far-left, though?

Top Bottom