• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
You have to zoom out to really see it, but it looks like the retextured pig.

The Mii Brawler thing is just something I noticed.
Plus the Box boy next to villager looks to be copy-pasted right over Pokemon trainer. I think the far left is supposed to be Slime, again just copy-pasted over Clouds sword. Yeh this thing looks like complete garbage. Totally out of focus too. At least the Grinch leak was justifiably blurry due to the distance. This looked to be taken very close but is still blurry. This reeks of troll, and no mistake.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I guess so, it's just the eyes make me think it's more-likely Qbby.

I thought it was ugly Steveposting at first, but yeah it does look like Frisk.

Who's on the far-left, though?
I honestly couldn’t tell at first. The image is waaaay tooo blurry to the point zooming in genuinely hurts my eyes.

So I tried zooming out.

It honestly looks like Bloo from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends but that could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Edit: Ninja’d and it was Slime! Guess all that time in Fortune Street wasn’t for naught!

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why the tweet being real would suddenly make Banjo a mii costume, when there's another 5chan leak that's much more believable and it only mentions Joker, Erdrick, and the stuff they come with, along with P5R and whatever.

Regarding that image, I thought the white cube was Boxboy/Qbby? The only similar thing I remember from the General thread was a re-textured Minecraft pig, making it all white and replacing its face with JoJo's or whatever character's. I can't tell who the character on the left is.
According to people in Resetera, the tweet does only align with the 5 chan leak that only mentions Joker and Erdrick and their stages. Not the one with Doomguy/Ryu etc.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
As long as creepy Steve doesn’t end up here, we should be fine.
I see that creepy Steve in my dreams

You made me go look. Someone is trying to pull a Grinch leak again haha
View attachment 193720

They say Joker and Steve are on the left. But it's so blurry I can't even make them out if they are there. I'm just kinda curious who that mii looking guy holding a knife is over box boy.
Wow that's somehow worse quality than the Grinch leak

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
With so many leaks happening at once it's hard to keep track of them all. Is the one that predicts joker's stage the same one saying banjo's a mii costume? Or are they both conveniently saying the same thing?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
With so many leaks happening at once it's hard to keep track of them all. Is the one that predicts joker's stage the same one saying banjo's a mii costume? Or are they both conveniently saying the same thing?
This is seriously the only leak I can find mentioning Joker's stage. I still can't get a source from where this "Banjo is a mii costume" thing is coming from.
chrome_2019-02-20_22-09-25.png

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Mii looking guy is to be Frisk from Undertale. I cannot for the life of me see what that cloud looking thing under Frisk is supposed to be.
I've got it: The cube is supposed to be Cube Boy, who's getting a Switch port, and the blue thing on the left looks to be a DQ slime.
This "leak" would be an awful roster.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Cosmetically having a static Kazooie on the Mii fighter's back would make no sense. Besides, there already was a Banjo costume:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I've got it: The cube is supposed to be Cube Boy, who's getting a Switch port, and the blue thing on the left looks to be a DQ slime.
This "leak" would be an awful roster.
I honestly would prefer DQ Slime to Erdrick

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So this is very tinfoil hat conspiracy theory of me lol, but given all of the speculation and news about Microsoft and Nintendo teaming up floating around the internet these days I was wondering. What if, given that they don't seem to consider themselves direct competitors at the moment, Microsoft is allowing Nintendo to develop a new Banjo Kazooie game. You know, since Microsoft clearly doesn't know what to do with the IP. Or for that matter other RARE IPs Microsoft isn't currently using.

Could Nintendo develop those games to be released on both the Switch and XBox One? And if Microsoft were to be open to something like that, would that create legal issues with the IP? Not really sure how that works, and like I said it is definitely a tinfoil hat kind of idea. But it seems like something that could make sense as a sort of team up to bolster both of their catalogues and hopefully pose more of a threat to the PS4 and its current dominance. And of course, this could also work into a deal for the N64 Classic as so many have brought up before.

I'm sure this probably doesn't work for so many reasons. It would be so cool to see though.

Either way, I really hope that this supposed new camaraderie between the big N leads to something with Banjo and the other Rare IPs. Whether that just means an N64 Classic, Rare replay on the Switch, or something more. Would also love to see some Microsoft Indies on Nintendo platforms for that matter (Cuphead and Ori). Those and the Rare catalogue are literally the only appealing games that I can think of off the top of my head from Microsoft, so buying an XBox One makes no sense for me. But man do I want to play Rare Replay and Cuphead. -_-

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
With the most recent developments, I'm even more convinced that Brave is Erdrick. That's fine though. I never expected Brave to be Banjo. If Banjo is in the fighter pass, I expect him to be revealed at E3 or some Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration event.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I bought those Banjo and Conker figures today, and they're great, but every time I look at them I have the powerful urge to rip them off their bases and instead glue them to a Smash amiibo base. xP

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_h_a_m_m_e_r_or_scalebound_making_a_comeback

If Scalebound does come back at all, it seems it just wouldn't be the same anymore, if it's to run on Switch.

With the most recent developments, I'm even more convinced that Brave is Erdrick. That's fine though. I never expected Brave to be Banjo. If Banjo is in the fighter pass, I expect him to be revealed at E3 or some Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration event.
I'm still confused as to what height he's supposed to have. He's tall, he's chibi. Which is it!? :dizzy:

That said, if he does come I don't expect the old 5Chan claim of him coming with Luminary/Anlucia alts to come true, when Anlucia's own game has never been brought over.

And I don't want the Geno thread to cry a river if he does come. He can be physical proof that SE allows characters other than Cloud, that's promising enough.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Having Steve as a playable character and Banjo as a Mii costume would be akin to having Monster Hunter as a playable character and Mega Man as a Mii costume.

Mr. Stagg

I'm still not convinced until I see it with my own eyes. For the sake of argument if Edrick is the next DLC to be announced then I bet he'll drop around E3 with a Banjo-Kazooie reveal. It's pretty glaring for the bigger 5CH leak to say that all 5 characters will be revealed at E3. The best way to space these reveals out would be a final reveal either in November or December so they could drop on February.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm still not convinced until I see it with my own eyes. For the sake of argument if Edrick is the next DLC to be announced then I bet he'll drop around E3 with a Banjo-Kazooie reveal. It's pretty glaring for the bigger 5CH leak to say that all 5 characters will be revealed at E3. The best way to space these reveals out would be a final reveal either in November or December so they could drop on February.
Same here as well, they'd essentially have over six months of dead air and people growing impatient. Especially considering how things went last time I'd be very surprised if Nintendo & Sakurai's team were to be this foolish.

I myself don't think Brave is Erdrick for a couple of reasons, but wouldn't be surprised if it was him anyway.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It’s weird because so many signs are pointing towards Erdrick, but the Brave stats don’t match up. Floaty jump and sliding does not equal a Dragon Quest sword user

osby

Smash Obsessed
It’s weird because so many signs are pointing towards Erdrick, but the Brave stats don’t match up. Floaty jump and sliding does not equal a Dragon Quest sword user
It's hard to say how a Smash character will exactly play, unless they are ripped straight from their games like Belmonts or Mega Man. Look at Bowser Jr.

Mr. Stagg

A lot of things pointed to the Grinch leak and look how that turned out. For all we know we could be getting the Protag from Dragon Quest Builders. I wouldn't mind that since it would demolish all leaks and cater to a western market.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
This. THIS is what kicks me in the hope. A while ago, someone shared gifs of Ike using Brave's stats next to a gif of Banjo's movements in his own game. It just looks TOO PERFECT. I've been holding back on the hoping since the Grinch leak, since everything just felt too good and then we were smacked down. Then came the Game Awards "leak" and once again, words made us believe lies. But this time? Indiegirlgamer is tweeting, Verg is failing, Nintendy and MS are plotting things, the fan-loved juggernauts Ridley and K. Rool have been added to the roster, and BRAVE SLIDES LIKE BANJO. THIS attribute is what does it for me. I am hoping like never before, and I'm SO worried I'm just going to be disappointed.
All I can do is wait until the next reveal...

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I think it’s possible
This. THIS is what kicks me in the hope. A while ago, someone shared gifs of Ike using Brave's stats next to a gif of Banjo's movements in his own game. It just looks TOO PERFECT. I've been holding back on the hoping since the Grinch leak, since everything just felt too good and then we were smacked down. Then came the Game Awards "leak" and once again, words made us believe lies. But this time? Indiegirlgamer is tweeting, Verg is failing, Nintendy and MS are plotting things, the fan-loved juggernauts Ridley and K. Rool have been added to the roster, and BRAVE SLIDES LIKE BANJO. THIS attribute is what does it for me. I am hoping like never before, and I'm SO worried I'm just going to be disappointed.
I think it’s very possible that Brave is Erdrick, Crono or Spyro, but Banjo? If it is Banjo, he won’t get revealed until E3. So if we get a character reveal in the Smash Direct in April (very likely) then I doubt Brave is Banjo. Not only that, but Banjo has no connection to the code name either, so...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the thing. I have no bloody idea what Eddy height will be picked due to the stats. Somehow we're supposed to meet a middle ground between this:

Hero3male.png

and that:

DQIII_Hero_Famicom.png

Yet one leaker claim we'd get non-chibi, when the stats say otherwise. I have no idea what to even make of the whole situation beyond at least one person messing up the info somewhere, somehow.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Brave’s stats, it sorta reminded me of a zoner style character.

I know we’ve been thinking Banjo would use Duck Hunt as a base due to mammal and bird partner, but I’m curious as to how Banjo would define a zoner style character, assuming Brave would be a zoner.

Then I remembered... eggs.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let's please not turn this thread into Erdrick 3.0, The SE list thread already became Erdrick 2.0, lol.

I bought those Banjo and Conker figures today, and they're great, but every time I look at them I have the powerful urge to rip them off their bases and instead glue them to a Smash amiibo base. xP
Doooo iiiit, I dare ya. :EvilBub:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's please not turn this thread into Erdrick 3.0, The SE list thread already became Erdrick 2.0, lol.

Doooo iiiit, I dare ya. :EvilBub:
Well there's not much that can even be done, we're all stalling waiting for actual frigging news to happen beyond "my friend's grandma's uncle's cousin's brother's father's sister's daughter's pet hamster that works at Nintendo told me that this would be the DLC roster".

And a part of me still thinks the second character probably won't be Eddy anyway.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well there's not much that can even be done, we're all stalling waiting for actual frigging news to happen beyond "my friend's grandma's uncle's cousin's brother's father's sister's daughter's pet hamster that works at Nintendo told me that this would be the DLC roster".

And a part of me still thinks the second character probably won't be Eddy anyway.
That's still no reason to bring off topic talk to a very specific thread such as a Banjo support thread. There is an Erdrick thread, and the SE thread, to talk about that particular stuff. I just hate seeing every single non erdrick thread become an erdrick thread lately.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's still no reason to bring off topic talk to a very specific thread such as a Banjo support thread. There is an Erdrick thread, and the SE thread, to talk about that particular stuff. I just hate seeing every single non erdrick thread become an erdrick thread lately.
Yeah well not too many people care about being off-topic right now, it can't be helped. It'll remain this way until Joker is released, if even then.

Even more annoying is the fact that news outlets unironically report on rumored leaks with the assumption they're 99% real.

Also, at least some threads aren't talking about Erdrick right now, though they usually don't have much activity anyway...

Last edited:
I think it’s possible

I think it’s very possible that Brave is Erdrick, Crono or Spyro, but Banjo? If it is Banjo, he won’t get revealed until E3. So if we get a character reveal in the Smash Direct in April (very likely) then I doubt Brave is Banjo. Not only that, but Banjo has no connection to the code name either, so...
I’ve said it before, but now that we know Joker is coming in April, that’s only 2 months off from E3 anyway. Maybe they’re planning on dropping 2 characters at E3? Which could easily be Erdrick and Banjo

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I've brought it up before but I'm going to say it again.

The previous codenames both had a theme, in that the first letter matched up with their character.

Packun = Piranha Plant
Jack = Joker

But Brave doesn't line up with Erdrick in that regard, while it would for Banjo-Kazooie. I also feel that making Brave Erdrick just sounds SUPER obvious and ruins the point of a codename in the first place. Never mind the Kirby producer tweeting the DQ shield with Brave in the caption and how well Brave's stats match up with Banjo's.

It's minor things to be speculative over, but I still can't help feeling this way.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
One thing that got to me when playing in the Adventure Mode of Spirits was the references to Nintendo consoles scattered throughout, and one of the cities on the World of Light map has an N64 symbol as a building! Just seeing that was enough to make me think, man I hope we get some good representation of that console in this game. And the best way for that to happen would be to have a pair of characters who made so much money and critical acclaim for Nintendo at the time of the N64 era.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've brought it up before but I'm going to say it again.

The previous codenames both had a theme, in that the first letter matched up with their character.

Packun = Piranha Plant
Jack = Joker

But Brave doesn't line up with Erdrick in that regard, while it would for Banjo-Kazooie. I also feel that making Brave Erdrick just sounds SUPER obvious and ruins the point of a codename in the first place. Never mind the Kirby producer tweeting the DQ shield with Brave in the caption and how well Brave's stats match up with Banjo's.

It's minor things to be speculative over, but I still can't help feeling this way.
Which just raises chances for my boy Bub. :bubblebobble: Just sayin'.

Top Bottom