• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Having to wait till E3 to find out is going to be a pain. When the 2nd DLC character might not be announced till around March or around when Joker releases.
At least Yoshi's Crafted World is around the corner, so March won't feel too empty. It helps that there's plenty of nook and crannies to search through, from the looks of it.

I mean, the leak is clearly fake as hell, but I want Banjo.
At least these new guys aren't beating around the bush, they got an entire website! Sure beats the usual text leak. :4pacman:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
E3 2001: Donkey Kong Racing (Debut Trailer)
https://youtu.be/0ThbbN3o5yw

It's a longshot ,But if Nintendo was going to revive a game from their list of officialy cancelled titles, Then my choice would be Donkey Kong Racing for the Gamecube, It sucks that this game never saw the light of day because of the Microsoft buyout of Rare and would be nice to have another racing alternative to Mario Kart just like on the N64 with Diddy Kong Racing, But this project would likely have to be restarted from the ground up with a new developer if it were to be revived.

It's a longshot ,But if Nintendo was going to revive a game from their list of officialy cancelled titles, Then my choice would be Donkey Kong Racing for the Gamecube, It sucks that this game never saw the light of day because of the Microsoft buyout of Rare and would be nice to have another racing alternative to Mario Kart just like on the N64 with Diddy Kong Racing, But this project would likely have to be restarted from the ground up with a new developer if it were to be revived.
How cool would it be if Rare remade Donkey Kong Racing for the Switch from the ground up as a symbol of this supposed reunion they’ll be having

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Given Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship, how much love would the franchise get if banjo gets in? Do you think they'll one up konami and give us like 50 songs?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

These should be the ones to be in Banjos home reunion when he gets in. ones who were in the n64 days
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultmegaman::ultpacman:

*animal crossing debuted on the n64 exclusively to japan
*you'll get the reason why I put sonic there

The others will be all like....who this?
:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultmetaknight::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultolimar::ultrob::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultsimon::ultrichter:

WHAT THE ****?!?! THEY SURVIVED?!?!
:ultincineroar::ultken:

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Make Diddy Kong the star and add Banjo, Conker, the rest of Diddy Kong Racing cast, and I would buy a hundred copies!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
These should be the ones to be in Banjos home reunion when he gets in. ones who were in the n64 days
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultness::ultfalcon::ultwario::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultvillagerf::ultmegaman::ultpacman:

:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultmetaknight::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultolimar::ultrob::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultsimon::ultrichter:

I believe if we're to get a Banjo-Kazooie trailer then DK and Diddy would be perfect candidates to appear in it since they are part of the same world after all. Though it would be nice to have other characters appear in it too.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Is it generally agreed upon that Banjo's stage would most likely be Spiral Mountain? Although it's the most obvious, there's some other places I'd like to see as Banjo stages. Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak, just to name a few.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So... do we think this 4chan leak is true? As I said in the Reimu thread, I believe it has a 90% chance of being fake with me being generous enough to say it has a 10% chance of being real. But honestly, I really don't know for sure as the only way we'll know is if Chrono gets announced as the next fighter or the original poster comes out to show how they made that image, which would confirm it as being fake instead.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Is it generally agreed upon that Banjo's stage would most likely be Spiral Mountain? Although it's the most obvious, there's some other places I'd like to see as Banjo stages. Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak, just to name a few.
No, I am very much against Spiral Mountain. Grunty’s Tower Top is much better

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Grunty's Furnace Fun. Complete with Grunty asking questions about games the players are from in the background. Who ever guesses right first gets a buff ala Warioware.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Grunty's Furnace Fun. Complete with Grunty asking questions about games the players are from in the background. Who ever guesses right first gets a buff ala Warioware.
How are they going to answer the question??

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It could be Grunty's Lair. Although I'd love a travelling stage that hit multiple different worlds.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/former_platinumgames_producer_pooh-poohs_scalebound_rumour

Well, that was fast. Back at square one, yet again. :chrono:

So... do we think this 4chan leak is true? As I said in the Reimu thread, I believe it has a 90% chance of being fake with me being generous enough to say it has a 10% chance of being real. But honestly, I really don't know for sure as the only way we'll know is if Chrono gets announced as the next fighter or the original poster comes out to show how they made that image, which would confirm it as being fake instead.
It's Schrodinger's Leak until further notice. Would be nice if it's not yet another case of crying wolf, lord knows that happens often enough.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Maybe the answers spawn in like Smash Balls and float around for a bit? IDK I'm no Sakurai..
Sounds more like the Summons from Midgar (Final Fantasy VII)! I'd be cool with that.

Personally, though, I'd love Spiral Mountain. It'd be a good traveling stage and have lots of different terrain like the house, the vegetable garden, the quarry, the bridge in front of the waterfall, the waterfall with the platforms, the stumps, the entrance to Gruntilda's Lair, and then could end at the top of Gruntilda's castle where Gruntilda's waiting to fight you! But I'd be open to any Banjo-Kazooie stage honestly.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I muuuuuuuch rather get Mega man legends 3. It also helps that Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi teased in December that they are working on a title that will make fans go like "wow they are making that game?" (producer's words, btw).
If we get Mega Man Legends 3, than I hope we get Tron Bonne as DLC in Smash later down the road. #TronBonneForSmash

D

Deleted member

Even if that leak is fake which I believe it is there’s still a lot going for banjo to be a fighter

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Nintendo could let Retro make it.

:ultcloud:, :ultsnake:, :ultsimon:, :ultryu:, and :ultken: probably knew who Banjo & Kazooie was because they were on the rivalling console to the N64 the PS1 at the time. If you say :ultsonic: knows them, than those guys would know them too.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Nintendo could let Retro make it.

:ultcloud:, :ultsnake:, :ultsimon:, :ultryu:, and :ultken: probably knew who Banjo & Kazooie was because they were on the rivalling console to the N64 the PS1 at the time. If you say :ultsonic: knows them, than those guys would know them too.
Retro Studios would naturally be my first developer of choice since they revived the Donkey Kong franchise with Returns and Tropical Freeze, But they are currently tasked with developing Metroid Prime 4 now and I hope I'm wrong ,But I don't think Retro has 2 teams or the man power to develop 2 games at the same time which is bittersweet for me because while I am a fan of the Metroid Prime series and I am looking forward to Prime 4 , I am a bigger fan of Donkey Kong and hope that the series doesn't get forgotten or mishandled like during the Gamecube and early Wii era when the franchise lost it's dedicated studio in Rareware also known as the "Buyout Era"(2002-2009)

Last edited:
So I just thought of an interesting theory. Probably nothing, but I’ll throw it out there anyway.

Remember on Banjo’s 20th anniversary Rare said they had a power outage and didn’t really post anything? Well, remember also when Joker was announced at the Game Awards how there was also a power outage, followed by Joker supposedly “stealing” an invitation? I wonder if these two things were very sneakily meant to be related? The whole “power outage on Banjo’s anniversary” thing always seemed so strange to me.

Like I said, it’s probably nothing but I just thought it was an interesting theory

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So I just thought of an interesting theory. Probably nothing, but I’ll throw it out there anyway.

Remember on Banjo’s 20th anniversary Rare said they had a power outage and didn’t really post anything? Well, remember also when Joker was announced at the Game Awards how there was also a power outage, followed by Joker supposedly “stealing” an invitation? I wonder if these two things were very sneakily meant to be related? The whole “power outage on Banjo’s anniversary” thing always seemed so strange to me.

Like I said, it’s probably nothing but I just thought it was an interesting theory
We would have never seen it coming.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be cool to see every Smash character proficient with a musical instrument join in on playing the B-K theme for their reveal trailer, if they get one. For example:

Banjo-Kazooie: Banjo and Kazoo, obviously
DK: Bongos
Link/Zelda/Young Link: Ocarina
Shiek: Harp
Ganondorf: Organ
Diddy Kong: Electric Guitar (he plays that in DK64, doesnt he?)
Olimar: Pikmin Choir
Toon Link: Conducting the music

I dont know any other characters that play musical instruments. I thought of this idea while watching the new animation of the B-K theme.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How are they going to answer the question??
Playstation All-Stars had a LittleBigPlanet stage that had crossover elements with the Buzz series, and I think they did it rather well. Basically, when the question popped up, little "zones" for each answer appeared throughout the stage, and if you stood in the correct zone when the timer ran out, you'd get the answer right.

Essentially it becomes a sort of king-of-the-hill minigame.

Fakol

Smash Cadet
They should also try to add and/or remix music from other Rareware games, too.
DKR being a prime example.
Many music's from Banjo-Kazooie series, one or some music's from Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Viva Pinata, Battletoads.
Would be great.
It will be more hard to get music's from Conker's and 007, I think. Maybe music's from Conker Pocket Tales.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Retro Studios would naturally be my first developer of choice since they revived the Donkey Kong franchise with Returns and Tropical Freeze, But they are currently tasked with developing Metroid Prime 4 now and I hope I'm wrong ,But I don't think Retro has 2 teams or the man power to develop 2 games at the same time which is bittersweet for me because while I am a fan of the Metroid Prime series and I am looking forward to Prime 4 , I am a bigger fan of Donkey Kong and hope that the series doesn't get forgotten or mishandled like during the Gamecube and early Wii era when the franchise lost it's dedicated studio in Rareware also known as the "Buyout Era"(2002-2009)
Miyamoto said that Retro can work on 2 games at the same time if they wanted too. If they ever do it, the time is now.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Miyamoto said that Retro can work on 2 games at the same time if they wanted too. If they ever do it, the time is now.
It would basically be Nintendo and Microsoft's answer to the Crash and Spyro remakes. Both of those games sold pretty well, yet considering the janky history of Banjo-kazooie, a revival of that franchise would be the comeback story of the year!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So is this Xbox live on switch thing confirmed to be happening or is it just a strong rumor?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So is this Xbox live on switch thing confirmed to be happening or is it just a strong rumor?
It's supposed to be announced at the Game Developers Conference, which starts on March 18th and goes until March 22nd. We'll find out for sure then.

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session...tch-xbox-and-pc-presented-by-microsoft/865429

From the sounds of it, they're talking about making it easier for developers to make it so their games can have cross-play between Xbox and Switch consoles, but it's hard to be sure when we only have a title of a presentation to go on.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
It's supposed to be announced at the Game Developers Conference, which starts on March 18th and goes until March 22nd. We'll find out for sure then.

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session...tch-xbox-and-pc-presented-by-microsoft/865429

From the sounds of it, they're talking about making it easier for developers to make it so their games can have cross-play between Xbox and Switch consoles, but it's hard to be sure when we only have a title of a presentation to go on.
March, huh? That sounds like a good time to reveal the next DLC character...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
March, huh? That sounds like a good time to reveal the next DLC character...
According to the leak, Crono will be the next DLC character. BK will be revealed next, followed by Reimu, and then finally Agumon. This leak may be fake so don't count on it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
According to the leak, Crono will be the next DLC character. BK will be revealed next, followed by Reimu, and then finally Agumon. This leak may be fake so don't count on it.
The leak in question seems like it could be made in half an hour, at best, with Photoshop. It's definitely fake, seeing as (unlike the ESRB leak for Smash 4, which had a lot of accompanying pictures and videos) there's nothing else supporting it.

Top Bottom