• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The thing is we have no idea how much each 4 DLC character sold, especially since they ALL came back, so we don't have a metric to go on from.

In any case, we'll be seeing Jokers more than anything, since globally-popular Japanese franchise options are starting to run dry.

He said nothing about that on Twitter
The approximate translation is posted on Twitter by a fan, rather. IIRC, someone from Source Gaming had said Sakurai wrote a new column, and it revealed that the FP ain't getting PGs.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah Just look at smash 4's DLC Roy & Lucas 2 cut characters who's games where ONLY released in japan but broght back due to fan demand casuals wont know or care about then yet here they are.

Bayonetta barely anyone even knew who she was yet she was DLC

Corrin NO ONE knew who Corrin was as there game was not out yet BUT they where added as a character you had to buy

Mewtwo a very reconizable pokemon

Ryu I say he is recanizable

Cloud recanizable but i would say obscure to casueals (espesally due to his game being playstation only) not really something casuals would really know

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
So an April-ish Smash Direct, probably, and we'll see Joker and the next DLC fighter... But I still don't expect Banjo-Kazooie then, I'm still believing in either E3 or VGAs '19, I just don't see a Dragon Quest character being at E3 or VGAs given the franchise isn't big in the west (and I do think a Dragon Quest character is likely as well, and I feel April is the perfect time for it, and could be used to lead into the release of DQ11S on Switch too).

But either E3 or VGAs, both are the perfect venue for Nintendo and Xbox to team up, and VGAs on a stage in front of a live audience no less, that was pretty awesome for Joker, could be great for Banjo too. Buuuuut, E3!! At E3 it's just Microsoft and Nintendo, no Sony, that's the most perfect opportunity for a crossover right there!

If it's up to me for announcements, I'd say, Erdrick in April, Banjo-Kazooie in June (E3), a new Capcom fighter perhaps in the Fall (Leon or Monster Hunter maybe?), and the final reveal at the VGAs should be... Sans from Undertale, heheheh.

Really, as long as we get Banjo-Kazooie I don't care who the other newcomers are. Whatever, whoever, they could all be Fire Emblem characters for all I care as long as we get Banjo-Kazooie.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Does anyone know what Nintendo and Rare's relationship has been ever since the buyout? Like have they ever publicly communicated again or have they been giving each other the cold shoulder the last couple of decades?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Does anyone know what Nintendo and Rare's relationship has been ever since the buyout? Like have they ever publicly communicated again or have they been giving each other the cold shoulder the last couple of decades?
Rare re-tweeted K. Rools reveal trailer and said how happy they were one of their old creation's got into Smash, it's the only thing I've seen of them agknowledging one another

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
There's a reference to their relationship as "enduring" in Hey Pikmin.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In any case, we'll be seeing Jokers more than anything, since globally-popular Japanese franchise options are starting to run dry.
At this point, there is no reason not to include western 3rd party characters in Smash. Almost all the big Japanese names are in Smash, and almost anybody left that isn't in yet that's on their level is western:

Banjo & Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Steve
Lora Croft (Even though she is owned by Square-Enix, she is a western character in origin just like :ultdiddy:, :ultkrool:, and :ultdarksamus:.)
Kratos
Ezio Auditore

Hmm... who else am I missing?

Really, as long as we get Banjo-Kazooie I don't care who the other newcomers are. Whatever, whoever, they could all be Fire Emblem characters for all I care as long as we get Banjo-Kazooie.
I would love to get Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, and Porky in the Season Pass. But if we just get Banjo, I'm calling it a day because I already got :ultkrool: and :ultridley: so just one more of my wants, notably Goemon or Banjo & Kazooie would satisfied me completely for the roster for this game.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
With all the evidence stacked up for B-K, I can't help but consider the possibility that the Duck Hunt base could be used as another potential newcomer. B-K is the one that makes the most sense, but others it could be are Spyro, the dog thing from Okami, another Pokemon, or even Crash Bandicoot if you consider the whole "Duck Hunt standing up" thing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With all the evidence stacked up for B-K, I can't help but consider the possibility that the Duck Hunt base could be used as another potential newcomer. B-K is the one that makes the most sense, but others it could be are Spyro, the dog thing from Okami, another Pokemon, or even Crash Bandicoot if you consider the whole "Duck Hunt standing up" thing.
Duck Hunt is a animal duo, so Banjo & Kazooie would be the only logical characters that would be made from a Duck Hunt base since they're a animal duo as well.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Duck Hunt is a animal duo, so Banjo & Kazooie would be the only logical characters that would made from a Duck Hunt base
True, yet I’ve seen suggestions that Joker is using Duck Hunt as a base solely because of the Persona summons being similar to DH’s Gunman move.

However, a counter to this would be :4myfriends: and :4cloud:.

:4myfriends: does not have a wall jump yet :4cloud:does.

On a more extreme example: :4zss: can crawl yet :4bayonetta: can’t (:4bayonetta: can wall cling though)

My point with these comparisons is that stats can change.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
True, yet I’ve seen suggestions that Joker is using Duck Hunt as a base solely because of the Persona summons being similar to DH’s Gunman move.

However, a counter to this would be :4myfriends: and :4cloud:.

:4myfriends: does not have a wall jump yet :4cloud:does.

On a more extreme example: :4zss: can crawl yet :4bayonetta: can’t (:4bayonetta: can wall cling though)

My point with these comparisons is that stats can change.
I thought them using a current character as a base was just because they have a similar body type to the new character they are creating.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, there is no reason not to include western 3rd party characters in Smash. Almost all the big Japanese names are in Smash, and almost anybody left that isn't in yet that's on their level is western:

Banjo & Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Steve
Lora Croft (Even though she is owned by Square-Enix, she is a western character in origin just like :ultdiddy:, :ultkrool:, and :ultdarksamus:.)
Kratos
Ezio Auditore

I would love to get Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, and Porky in the Season Pass. But if we just get Banjo, I'm calling it a day because I already got :ultkrool: and :ultridley: so just one more of my wants, notably Goemon or Banjo & Kazooie would satisfied me completely for the roster for this game.
Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Not sure if Earthworm Jim counts, since he's a formerly-big mascot like B-K are.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
That’s how it works.

That said, we should be cautious lest this turns into a Red Herring.
It is getting a little hard to not get hype for them now that a lot of the leakers against us were just destroyed.

Rare follow Nintendo on Twitter. They’ve had a handful of games on the GBA and Nintendo DS that happened after the buyout. I’d say there’s never been any bad blood between the companies

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Everyone just remember that nobody knows dlc that polar said 3 months ago. Nobody including people who say banjos leakbait and found Steve in a test build that’s just boggus not trying to bash Steve or anything
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/post-22757637
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/post-22781771
Exactly, which is why I find the idea of Erdrick being passed over for the previous Direct ludicrous. If they postponed his reveal and didn't want to overshadow the Direct, why would they not even reveal him in Japan, in which DQ is a Much Bigger Deal there?

My opinion is that everyone is still in the dark and they don't realise it. The complete opposite of the base roster leaks.

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Banjo & Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Master Chief
Steve
Kratos
Ezio Auditore

Spyro, but chances of him getting in before Crash is slim. Also Doomguy due to his historical significance.

If we're adding Sony characters in the mix, I would add Nathan Drake and Ratchet and Clank. Maybe Sackboy. Personally, I would want Sly Cooper more than any of them though.

EDIT: Doh! You said Spyro. Silly old me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom