• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My point exactly. And like I said, I have a hard time believing it was just a mistake when it’s never “accidentally” happened in any other Smash game. Why suddenly now, in a time where a Rare character is extremely highly requested?
Banjo has been one of the highest requests for 20 years, people are just being slightly louder than before now because his competition (Ridley/K. Rool/Megaman) have all already been included and Nintendo have an official working relationship with Microsoft so it seems like an obtainable goal.

I find it very hard to believe that they'd accidently include rare spirits from JFG and Blast Corps. Firstly, because both were just included in Rare Replay a couple years ago and secondly because there's never been any confusion over who owns what. It'd be a bit different if someone found some Diddy Kong Racing spirits in Smash, I could see how a Nintendo employee would get confused and think that Wizpig or Timber is under Nintendo ownership.

I'm not sure we'll ever know what the Rare spirits were about unless they end up being DLC. I'm almost positive Nintendo will never ever say "Just to clarify the results found by illegal datamining, we thought be owned these Rare games but we totally didn't, lol, and we decided to leave the text references to be found by hex editors!"

So yeah, unless they end up being DLC, we'll never know what their deal was.
At the very least, I feel like they’d remove them completely from the game now that it’s public knowledge if they were only there by mistake. If they were accidentally there without Rare/Microsoft’s permission and it’s out in the public, I’m sure that’s not a good look for Nintendo

D

Deleted member

I just wanna mention at this point that out of all the characters that i wanted or im interesed, Banjo is the only one im rooting for now. Everybody else has been confirmed (K.Rool, Simon, Ridley) Decomfirmed (Shadow, Isaac, Waluigi) or are in Spirit Limbo (Bandanna Dee, Paper Mario, Geno) which i consider a "Soft" decomfirm until proven otherwise. That Spirit datamine is a small glimmer of hope for me, but it's not conclusive enough for me to say "Oh yeah, he's coming".

Last edited by a moderator:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
As much as I want the Rare spirits to hint to something more, it might very well just be some data that was left unused. Smash Bros does have a history of keeping unused data in their games.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Been a long time banjo buddys

I was waiting to film my reaction during the game awards just incase we got a smash revile (witch I didn't think was gunna happen)
it was getting late near midnight & I hade to go pick up my aunt to go get are midnight release of smash ultimate.
so I head over to her house & when I get there my other aunt is freaking out screaming "I heard him scream OH MY GOD ! go check on him he might be hurt" so I go to check on my cousin who IS SCREAMING & FLIPPING HIS **** ! & says joker is in smash ! & I'm like WHAT!?!?!?

turns out I missed the revile by like a minute ! & didn't get my reaction (wish I got my cousin's reaction tho GOLD)

I never played persona (had friends in highschool obsessed with persona 4 tho ) & my cousin almost or did 100% P5 so he said I could barrow it one day to try it out

over all seams like a cool character & no one saw it coming especially when the stars fell into place for a banjo revile AGAIN lol

can't wait to see what he plays like

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Brave metrics reminded me a little of Sora. I can see Sora being "brave" based on how he moved. Still it is wide open.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I know I am letting my guard down on this. But it's kinda scary how perfect Brave's stats fit Banjo. The rare spirits being found adds more credibility and an awful lot of ballot picks have been added. If Banjo isn't added as DLC I will be flabbergasted.

ESPECIALLY if it's Steve instead.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know I am letting my guard down on this. But it's kinda scary how perfect Brave's stats fit Banjo. The rare spirits being found adds more credibility and an awful lot of ballot picks have been added. If Banjo isn't added as DLC I will be flabbergasted.
OMG don't give me false hope please! I don't need to end up disappointed.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
OMG don't give me false hope please! I don't need to end up disappointed.
Think about it. Sakurai said he had no work done on Joker when he was asked to reveal Joker at the game awards. So isn't it kinda suspicious how we have another character in the game files that has been worked on? If we take into consideration Joker wasn't the first one to be worked on. Who was the first one to be worked on? Probably brave. Maybe brave was supposed to be shown off at the game awards. And you know who else was at the game awards? Microsoft. So basically my theory is
1. Brave was being worked on first
2. Brave was supposed to be announced first
3. Brave stats match Banjo almost perfectly
4. Brave is supposed to be Banjo

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Think about it. Sakurai said he had no work done on Joker when he was asked to reveal Joker at the game awards. So isn't it kinda suspicious how we have another character in the game files that has been worked on? If we take into consideration Joker wasn't the first one to be worked on. Who was the first one to be worked on? Probably brave. Maybe brave was supposed to be shown off at the game awards. And you know who else was at the game awards? Microsoft
I mean people thought that Isaac (Rathalos picture, herb item, absence of assist trophy), Skull Kid (Chairs and pillows, moon assist and absence of assist trophy) and Shadow (Knuckles being shown and absence of assist trophy) were locks due to supporting evidence and look how that turned out...

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean people thought that Isaac (Rathalos picture, herb item, absence of assist trophy), Skull Kid (Chairs and pillows, moon assist and absence of assist trophy) and Shadow (Knuckles being shown and absence of assist trophy) were locks due to supporting evidence and look how that turned out...
Yeah I wouldn't necessarily say I have evidence for my claims. But it is just a theory based around circumstances. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that the CEO of Xbox said he had a meeting with Nintendo at E3. I wonder for what? Nothing has come out about that meeting yet. And If I am right about Brave being supposed to be shown off first at an event that Microsoft was also attending...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah I wouldn't necessarily say I have evidence for my claims. But it is just a theory based around circumstances. Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that the CEO of Xbox said he had a meeting with Nintendo at E3. I wonder for what? Nothing has come out about that meeting yet. And I am right about Brave being supposed to be shown off first at an event that Microsoft was also attending...
Orrrr its probably just a coincidence and simply something else. Ever thought about that?

You're looking too deep into this honestly and those three shows we should had learned from it.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
At least Skull Kid and Isaac got Mii Costumes and Skull Kid's looks just like him so I'm happy for that. Plus that means they could easily add him since a 3D model seems to be the brunt of the work. Real bummer that they weren't officially playable though yet.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
At the very least, I feel like they’d remove them completely from the game now that it’s public knowledge if they were only there by mistake. If they were accidentally there without Rare/Microsoft’s permission and it’s out in the public, I’m sure that’s not a good look for Nintendo
But it's not "in the game", it's barely in the code. Outside of the very small community of people who follow that kind of information it's definitely not "public knowledge" in the sense that the larger Smash community has any idea. The fact of the matter is that most likely this small error is so insignificant that it's there because the developers just don't care, it's not worth taking the time to patch it out because it shouldn't matter at all. If it were any other game, or a game that shared a different developer people wouldn't care (based on the fact that no one cares that Devil's Third is also there).

I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything, I think Banjo has a great shot at the DLC I just don't think you should be trying to look for conspiracy theories to prove that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo has been one of the highest requests for 20 years, people are just being slightly louder than before now because his competition (Ridley/K. Rool/Megaman) have all already been included and Nintendo have an official working relationship with Microsoft so it seems like an obtainable goal.

I find it very hard to believe that they'd accidently include rare spirits from JFG and Blast Corps. Firstly, because both were just included in Rare Replay a couple years ago and secondly because there's never been any confusion over who owns what. It'd be a bit different if someone found some Diddy Kong Racing spirits in Smash, I could see how a Nintendo employee would get confused and think that Wizpig or Timber is under Nintendo ownership.
So you don't consider (Steve/Crash/Rayman/Battletoads) as competition for Banjo & Kazooie? Because in my opinion, if we get one of those four before Banjo & Kazooie, his chances will really drop.

Think about it. Sakurai said he had no work done on Joker when he was asked to reveal Joker at the game awards. So isn't it kinda suspicious how we have another character in the game files that has been worked on? If we take into consideration Joker wasn't the first one to be worked on. Who was the first one to be worked on? Probably brave. Maybe brave was supposed to be shown off at the game awards. And you know who else was at the game awards? Microsoft. So basically my theory is
1. Brave was being worked on first
2. Brave was supposed to be announced first
3. Brave stats match Banjo almost perfectly
4. Brave is supposed to be Banjo
I really hope it is Banjo & Kazooie, but I doubt it. Also, wouldn't Banjo & Kazooie be the same height as Mario or a little taller? Brave is shorter than Mario after all, so that would lean me to think it's not Banjo & Kazooie because of that.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really hope it is Banjo & Kazooie, but I doubt it. Also, wouldn't Banjo & Kazooie be the same height as Mario or a little taller? Brave is shorter than Mario after all, so that would lean me to think it's not Banjo & Kazooie because of that.
Well. I've never considered Banjo that big of a bear. I mean, Kazooie is about as big as Banjo is.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
well acording to diddy kong racing banjo is just a bit taller then diddy kong so he would be around mario hight

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think Brave is Banjo for a variety of reasons, but I still hope that Banjo and Kazooie make it into Smash. I don't know how likely it is, but between Nintendo and Microsoft cooperating (Microsoft characters as Minecraft DLC on Nintendo consoles, crossplay) and the leftover data for Blast Corps. and Jet Force Gemini content (maybe they weren't aware that Microsoft owned those franchises, but it seems like some oddly specific references), I have some hope.

Banjo-Kazooie was the first Nintendo 64 game that I played - when we got our N64, it came with Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of Time, and it really says something that my brother and I got much more playtime out of B-K. If we got Banjo and Kazooie, then I'd have no complaints about anything else that we get out of the fighter's pass, even if it's nothing but characters that I don't want or have no familiarity with.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think Brave is Banjo for a variety of reasons, but I still hope that Banjo and Kazooie make it into Smash. I don't know how likely it is, but between Nintendo and Microsoft cooperating (Microsoft characters as Minecraft DLC on Nintendo consoles, crossplay) and the leftover data for Blast Corps. and Jet Force Gemini content (maybe they weren't aware that Microsoft owned those franchises, but it seems like some oddly specific references), I have some hope.

Banjo-Kazooie was the first Nintendo 64 game that I played - when we got our N64, it came with Banjo-Kazooie and Ocarina of Time, and it really says something that my brother and I got much more playtime out of B-K. If we got Banjo and Kazooie, then I'd have no complaints about anything else that we get out of the fighter's pass, even if it's nothing but characters that I don't want or have no familiarity with.
I really want Goemon and Porky. But if I can get Banjo & Kazooie, I'll be completely satisfied with the DLC because I will have 3 out of the 8 of my most wanted characters confirmed in Ultimate. The others that are already confirmed are :ultkrool: and :ultridley:.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wait, why would Brave be Banjo? Courage isn't really a major theme of his series.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Banjo is the character for me to where if we get him. They can make the rest of the fighter pass be Steve, Dragon Quest, and a Fire Emblem rep and I wouldn't mind one bit.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I actually have an answer to that that I think a lot of people have been ignoring the possibility of.

Namely, that the codename "Brave" is referring to their status as a character developed and owned by Americans, because America is the "land of the free, home of the Brave."
Rareware is British, though...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah. Me having no confidence in him being the next DLC character doesn't mean that I don't still hold hope for him being on the list. Banjo deserves this more than anyone and, with the traction he gained in the run up to the game's release, I think it's safe to say that he'd bring the excitement, too.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1087124989239734272

Some possible good news here. This confirms from a recent Sakurai interview that the big newcomers were decided by the ballot. Nintendo is good at keeping their ear to the ground and based on the reception of Riddles, K.Rool, and the Belmonts I am confident it will influence the DLC too.
Optimistic me says Nintendo looked at the ballot and made their list based off that. Pessimistic me says they made the list based off upcoming releases to promote them.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Some possible good news here. This confirms from a recent Sakurai interview that the big newcomers were decided by the ballot. Nintendo is good at keeping their ear to the ground and based on the reception of Riddles, K.Rool, and the Belmonts I am confident it will influence the DLC too.
I very nearly read that as Piddles, and I was imagining a timeline where Nuts & Bolts' Piddles got into Smash before the actual dynamic duo.

... That is a very scary timeline.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

That's pretty awesome! It demonstrates even more that the fans themselves were the ones to finally get their requested characters in Smash Ultimate. Now hopefully the same will happen with Banjo-Kazooie.

Top Bottom