• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, all I'd need for satisfaction would be Rayman, Banjo & Dixie Kong.
I'd gladly take Crash too, but he's not really my top priority atm.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
The four I want are Geno, Banjo, Chosen Undead and Doomslayer, and other than Geno (who I've given up on because it's going to be Erdrick) I think they've got good shots. Banjo's a given, but Chosen Undead is from one of Japan's most iconic new franchises of the last decade and Doomslayer is the father of the FPS.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
My prediction is:

- Edrick
- Banjo
- Heihachi
- Rayman (if spirits don't deconfirm)

Banjo and Rayman are all I need for smash to be truly ultimate <3

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I also debated including Lloyd Irving and an Undertale rep in my prediction, but I decided against it because:
-Shovel Knight is the poster boy of indie characters and without a doubt the most requested, so the fact that he only got an assist trophy and a couple of spirits should tell you the chances of Undertale representation
-I excluded Lloyd because the Smash Bros site accidentally leaked that Mii costume DLC would be returning a while back and I don’t know why 3rd party costumes from before wouldn’t return, and Lloyd is one of them

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I also debated including Lloyd Irving and an Undertale rep in my prediction, but I decided against it because:
-Shovel Knight is the poster boy of indie characters and without a doubt the most requested, so the fact that he only got an assist trophy and a couple of spirits should tell you the chances of Undertale representation
-I excluded Lloyd because the Smash Bros site accidentally leaked that Mii costume DLC would be returning a while back and I don’t know why 3rd party costumes from before wouldn’t return, and Lloyd is one of them
Finally someone with some sense over Undertale getting in. I love Undertale, but there's no way a character from it is getting in as a fighter. Sans is just a meme pick

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My Fighter Pass Prediction atm is something along the lines of:
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

What do you guys think? Realistic? Do you like it?
Honestly, I would not be surprised if Crash makes it in. I should pick up the Crash N' Sane Trilogy for the Switch.
This should be talked about more. Ryce is one of the most trustworthy voices/insiders of the whole FGC. He's not explicitly leaking anything here, but he's always been very credible.

Also note that he said "I'm more certain about Banjo being DLC than any other character", if that includes Erdrick then this is even more interesting. Because IIRC he backed Erdrick too.

If he's backing Banjo, we should be very excited guys.
This sounds very encouraging. If he is that confident in Banjo, I just hope it isn't for naught.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
I think Crash is actually quite possible. Huge name back in the day, was the second character to rival Mario after Sonic, and now he's back with another new game for Switch in just a few month and is a household name again. I'd assume Activision would be easy to deal with as well. I think he's got every check mark ticked. I gotta agree though, it would be great to see him get in alongside Banjo and Kazooie!
Ya know, I wonder... Could they use Duck Hunt to model Crash? I mean, if Aku-Aku was a part of him, could that not be the repurposed duck? (Although as I type this, I think Rosalina & Luma would be better for that...)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My Fighter Pass Prediction atm is something along the lines of:
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

What do you guys think? Realistic? Do you like it?
I'd be pretty darn satisfied. I get Banjo and Crash would be icing on cake. If I had to predict who'd they would be revealed in order.

April: Erdrick (Releases June)
E3/June: Banjo-Kazooie (Releases August-September)
August-September: Crash Bandicoot (Releases December)
VGA/December: Leon Kennedy (Releases February 2020)

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Ya know, I wonder... Could they use Duck Hunt to model Crash? I mean, if Aku-Aku was a part of him, could that not be the repurposed duck? (Although as I type this, I think Rosalina & Luma would be better for that...)
Funny you should mention that... made this a few pages back

Whoa.png

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
For the remaining DLC I want:

-Banjo and Kazooie
-Crash Bandicoot
-Square Enix rep (Sora, Lara, or Geno)
-Ehhh idk, Shantae

At the end I should feel blessed if we get Crash and Banjo. Anyone else is just more icing on the cake.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
My personal want DLC list:

Banjo
Dixie
Spyro
Crash

Who I think we will get

Banjo
Square character
Dovakhiin
Lloyd Erving

I'm still hung up on that interview Bethesda did a while back when they were super coy about talking to Nintendo about Smash, and at this point I think a Namco character is a given for DLC... I think Haihachi is out the only character I think has a shot aside from Nightmare is Lloyd who I believe would get in as a result of the ballot. I mean he did get a Mii costume and he's always been a popular request..

I'm not sure how much stock I take in the Dragon Quest character stuff... even if insiders are getting real info about DLC the Square stuff seems hard to pinpoint and it could be anyone from Chrono to Geno.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If we're posting predictions for the fighter pass, I'd probably say some of my predictions for the final product would be...
Joker
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Ryu Hayabusa
A new Capcom character of some kind, be it Resident Evil in Leon, or Ace Attorney through Phoenix Wright.

It's heavily based on third-parties, but if the "Spirits deconfirm for Fighter Pass 1" head canon is what's going on so far, then I could imagine more Nintendo characters coming in future Fighter Passes.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we're posting predictions for the fighter pass, I'd probably say some of my predictions for the final product would be...
Joker
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Ryu Hayabusa
A new Capcom character of some kind, be it Resident Evil in Leon, or Ace Attorney through Phoenix Wright.

It's heavily based on third-parties, but if the "Spirits deconfirm for Fighter Pass 1" head canon is what's going on so far, then I could imagine more Nintendo characters coming in future Fighter Passes.
That's my ideal Fighters Pass to be honest. Throw in a Doom Slayer in there with the Capcom characters as an either/or and I'll be happy as **** with this pass.

Think about it. All legacy characters, Joker and P5's cult classic phenomenon, Erdrick and Dragin Quest's ridiculous Japanese appeal, Banjo-Kazooie filling roles as a fan favorite, Microsoft, AND Nintendo centric character, Hayabusa as THE Video Game Ninja, and Doom Slayer as the granddaddy of FPS games. Just seems so perfect.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
This should be talked about more. Ryce is one of the most trustworthy voices/insiders of the whole FGC. He's not explicitly leaking anything here, but he's always been very credible.

Also note that he said "I'm more certain about Banjo being DLC than any other character", if that includes Erdrick then this is even more interesting. Because IIRC he backed Erdrick too.

If he's backing Banjo, we should be very excited guys.
Has this guy been known for being cryptic in his leaks? I know this isn't an "official" one but his enthusiasm for Banjo shows that the duo are picking up steam with the insiders if Polarpanda is to be believed in the 100% Steve not happening leak. Aside from those two, have any other insiders and leakers backed the Bear and Bird? I wonder how Papagenos' stance is currently when it comes to the integrity of his source that backed Banjo.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Has this guy been known for being cryptic in his leaks? I know this isn't an "official" one but his enthusiasm for Banjo shows that the duo are picking up steam with the insiders if Polarpanda is to be believed in the 100% Steve not happening leak. Aside from those two, have any other insiders and leakers backed the Bear and Bird? I wonder how Papagenos' stance is currently when it comes to the integrity of his source that backed Banjo.
From what I understand with Polar Panda's rumor, their source originally stated with certainty Steve wasn't in, and then clarified that they were rumors. But I was curious as well other insider's thoughts, even as speculation, given Ryce has been the first insider I've heard speak positively about Banjo's chances. Everyone else either hasn't said much, or are doubtful, even those that are hopeful of his inclusion. But that's back when I was keeping track, prior to Ultimate's release, and curious if the mood has changed since.

Mr. Stagg

From what I understand with Polar Panda's rumor, their source originally stated with certainty Steve wasn't in, and then clarified that they were rumors. But I was curious as well other insider's thoughts, even as speculation, given Ryce has been the first insider I've heard speak positively about Banjo's chances. Everyone else either hasn't said much, or are doubtful, even those that are hopeful of his inclusion. But that's back when I was keeping track, prior to Ultimate's release, and curious if the mood has changed since.
Regarding the Polarpanda rumor, I have a feeling that this journalist dude was intentionally backtracking to save his butt from the effects of breaking NDA. Im not about to fully believe Panda or this dude, but it would stand to reason that he would go public in his statements that they are rumors. Saying Steve is 100% out wouldn't really break NDA, but saying that Banjo's in would. For all we know he could be completely right, and just backtracked to mount a legal defense if Nintendo Ninja's or Microsoft Mercenaries appear to slap legal punishments.

For the sake of my theory, lets assume Banjo's in. This would have to involve a broad NDA agreement slapped on all parties that know or are trusted with the info of Banjo's inclusion as DLC. Anyone, be it company, or person that knows Banjo's in would be covered by the NDA and would be subjected to punishment if they leak any info out. This includes Nintendo, Microsoft, and any other company involved. This is why the Banjo-Kazooie loot-crate event looked so weird. From what I know about current Banjo-Kazooie merch, it's possible that the item was Smash related since Loot Crate often distributes exclusive items. The item being taken out could've just been standard Loot Crate shenanigans. It looks suspect when the item was taken down at the same time as the Banjo for Smash meme tweet was taken down. I suspect that dev time for Joker took longer than expected and that the supposed Banjo for Smash reveal would have to be pushed back. It's fair to theorize that these agreements take months and months of prep time to go down, meaning that Nintendo and/or Microsoft shared the Banjo info and commissioned Loot Crate to showcase an item related to Banjo as a Smash bros fighter. It's not the best theory, but it's possible that Loot Crate would've broken NDA if the item was released.

Again, this isn't me claiming that the Panda or Lootcrate event is 100% true. For all we know this crap could've just been one massive coincidence. This is just a theory I have that might explain why the events unfolded the way they did. I do wonder what the pulled item was. Some anon on 4chan claimed it was some beer coozy, but when I pressed for a source he got surprisingly quiet so claim discarded.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Again, this isn't me claiming that the Panda or Lootcrate event is 100% true. For all we know this crap could've just been one massive coincidence. This is just a theory I have that might explain why the events unfolded the way they did. I do wonder what the pulled item was. Some anon on 4chan claimed it was some beer coozy, but when I pressed for a source he got surprisingly quiet so claim discarded.
Nothing like celebrating Banjo in smash then cracking open a cold one with the boys. Am I right fellas?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm very glad we're all getting excited for their possible inclusion in Smash, but I'm gonna keep a healthy dose of skepticism on hand. As I've said in the past, getting burned on their 20th anniversary with E3 and the Game Awards, and the floundering of the Grinch leak, was too much for me to handle. Until Sakurai officially shows us the bear and bird rejoining the Nintendo family and in their N64 glory, I'm gonna remain skeptical but open-minded. Rather not get my hopes up than be disappointed again. Hopefully we'll hear wonderful news in the future, though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm very glad we're all getting excited for their possible inclusion in Smash, but I'm gonna keep a healthy dose of skepticism on hand. As I've said in the past, getting burned on their 20th anniversary with E3 and the Game Awards, and the floundering of the Grinch leak, was too much for me to handle. Until Sakurai officially shows us the bear and bird rejoining the Nintendo family and in their N64 glory, I'm gonna remain skeptical but open-minded. Rather not get my hopes up than be disappointed again. Hopefully we'll hear wonderful news in the future, though.
I barely even brought myself to use their icon again, but it's just in case.

For now, let's just assume they're not in the pass.

Last edited:
This amazing crossover video happened to pop up in my recommended watch list:

Epic!

Some more BK related Grant gems, he seems like a genuine, likable and witty fellow:

Always love hearing what Grant, David Wise and Koji Kondo are up to these days. Living legends.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Really happy with the Ryce thing. Hope he's right!

Current prediction: Banjo-Kazooie, Doom Slayer, Erdrick, Leon. Would be a pretty amazing DLC selection if you ask me.

Joker along with Banjo-Kazooie and Doom Slayer were all in my top 5 most wanted. So I'd be pretty happy.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know guys, after seeing Cuphead come to the Switch, I have had a gut feeling that Banjo & Kazooie are coming to Smash. I Know that could also mean it could be Steve instead, but for some reason my gut tells me it's Banjo & Kazooie. I had this same feeling about K. Rool's chances after seeing Ridley get announced.

Banjo
Mumbo
Grunty
And kazooie

There’s your dlc
I wish.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Holy crap. Reading your post made me realize something. I’ve gone and hyped myself up for this. I said I wasn’t going to do this again!!! God damnit he better get in I don’t need another heartbreak

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
As we’re doing predictions:

- Erdrick (hate to parrot leaks but this does make sense)

- Banjo & Kazooie (most likely other than Erdrick imo, we’re absolutely getting a Microsoft character and it ain’t Master Chief, Cuphead or Steve so...)

- Phoenix Wright (really loyal series to Nintendo and popular, think this is also very likely)

- Rayman (Ubisoft and Nintendo are tighter than ever, spirits be damned I think a jpeg don’t kill his chances)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
If anything, if they wanted a manga/anime character, it would screw over the people that asked for Doraemon back in the Melee days. That is their Banjo.
Does Nintendo still own Captain N? The cartoon did the videogame crossover before Smash Bros was around, and Nintendo could make good use of Captain N in modern day.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
While we're doing predictions, I might as well join in:

1. Joker

2. Banjo-Kazooie. The evidence stacks up and Brave's stats have me convinced that they're the next ones in line instead of Erdrick.

3. Leon Kennedy. Resident Evil is and has been quite a popular series, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the big Smash announcement at E3.

4. Rabbid. I dont really have a reason for this, I just feel like it's going to happen.

5. Scout. There are so many TF2 characters to choose from, but I think Scout fits the bill the best. It'd be cool if he had a personalized insult toward each character as a taunt, for example, (vs. Ganondorf) "What's the point of being strong if you can't even hit me?"

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why does Team Fortress 2 seem to be such a popular choice? It just seems like one of the least connected to Nintendo things ever and I really do not see how you can possibly put any of those characters in before Gordon Freeman if you’re putting in a Valve rep...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why does Team Fortress 2 seem to be such a popular choice? It just seems like one of the least connected to Nintendo things ever and I really do not see how you can possibly put any of those characters in before Gordon Freeman if you’re putting in a Valve rep...
Probably based on the art style being cartoony.

Though if any Valve character gets in, it is probably gonna be Chell. She technically appeared in a LEGO crossover game on the Wii U.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I agree, I'm baffled as to why TF2 keeps showing up. Though with that being said, if somehow that DID happen I would NOT be opposed to Heavy Weapons Guy getting in. TF2 is so cartoony it'd fit perfectly in Smash

Mr. Stagg

Well this wasn't the first time the Heavy crossed over with something.

pokerposter.jpg

Can't forget the TF2 classes making an appearance in the PC version of Sonic and Sega All stars racing Transformed. I can see the heavy working as a fighter, though I don't think the minigun would be allowed due to their stance on guns. I know the minigun isn't realistic, but you can magic up the gun like Bayo's pistols.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

The final shot of his reveal trailer is a recreation of the scene where he stands on the hill firing his gun over the chaos, only this time the Inkling is next to him and firing the Splatling Gun

"WHAAAAA-WHAAAAAAA"
"WHOOMY-!"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The TF2 characters were in Sonic Transformed.

Next y'all be supporting Danica Patrick and Yogscast

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Since everyone else was posting their Fighter Pass predictions...

Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep
Pokemon Sword and Shield Rep

I think we're all putting a little too much stock in it all being third party characters, this is still Nintendo's game. While we all got a boost of confidence from Joker being picked, let's be real, there is absolutely going to be 'Nintendo Promo Picks' and Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the most likely candidates for it

Also I'm gonna make a really out there prediction because why not? I think we could potentially get a Goku Mii Costume, as a nod to Akira Toriyama should Erdrick get in. Kind of like how Geno got a costume in Smash 4.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
As much as this may seem unlikely to some, I have a feeling we're getting a new Mother character just based on the fact that the series is turning 30 this year. Mother is a series that pretty much everyone has at least heard of, and the fact that the trilogy gets multiple VC releases on top of EarthBound being on the SNES Classic proves it isn't a super obscure franchise anymore. I'd say Ninten or Porky or someone else has a fair shot.

Top Bottom