• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My Fighter Pass Prediction atm is something along the lines of:
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

What do you guys think? Realistic? Do you like it?
Would be so happy with this lineup. Leon and Crash are some of my top picks aside from Banjo. RE4 is one of the greatest games ever made and Crash is another character I deeply cherish from my childhood.

I don't think Sakurai likes me enough to make the pass this awesome though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a leak but insider ryce says banjo is a likely character for dlc
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...the-wild-ride-is-still-on.91979/post-19476825
This should be talked about more. Ryce is one of the most trustworthy voices/insiders of the whole FGC. He's not explicitly leaking anything here, but he's always been very credible.

Also note that he said "I'm more certain about Banjo being DLC than any other character", if that includes Erdrick then this is even more interesting. Because IIRC he backed Erdrick too.

If he's backing Banjo, we should be very excited guys.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
With the Best Buy persona 5 leak I was thinking. It seems like a long time between announcement of joker and when we get him. If this pace keeps up I doubt we will have everyone by feb2020. I was thinking do you guys think maybe joker was delayed because they were working on the persona 5 port and wanted to announce them both at once to drive sales of persona? I’m hoping this is the case but I’m obviously basing it on absolutely nothing but the implication is that they may be working on other characters while waiting to drop joker and announce the next newcomer. What do u guys think? Is this a dumb theory or somewhat feasible?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With the Best Buy persona 5 leak I was thinking. It seems like a long time between announcement of joker and when we get him. If this pace keeps up I doubt we will have everyone by feb2020. I was thinking do you guys think maybe joker was delayed because they were working on the persona 5 port and wanted to announce them both at once to drive sales of persona? I’m hoping this is the case but I’m obviously basing it on absolutely nothing but the implication is that they may be working on other characters while waiting to drop joker and announce the next newcomer. What do u guys think? Is this a dumb theory or somewhat feasible?
I think the theory going around relates to Persona 5 Royal.

In this teaser released earlier, we see a new female character.

A datamine suggested Joker would have an alt with a ponytail.

All other Joker costumes don’t have this...

Enter this new character.

More info to come out April 24 Persona concert.

Tl:dr, Nintendo can’t release Joker until Atlus showcases this new character.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think it was inferred that Sakurai didn't even want to announce anyone at the Game Awards. Meaning Joker would have been announced much later. Closer to when all this Persona news started popping up. But Nintendo kinda forced him to make an announcement anyway.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mewtwo was announced December and released in April.
But Lucas, Ryu and Roy released in June.

There's no consistency. They're working on all 5 characters now, with different levels of progression on each one. My guess is that

Joker releases April
Character 2 releases June
Character 3 releases September (though could also be June to have a big E3 blowout)
Character 4 releases November
Character 5 releases January

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just one thing, please don't bring this up on the Joker thread, someone there is thoroughly convinced that Atlus is an evil company, rather than simply overstepping their bounds.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot
Erdrick is Meh, I like DQ but Erdrick is just meh
Leon would be cool, Resident Evil is a great Series.
Crash Bandicoot would be AMAZING, I grew up playing his games along with Spyro so he would feel very welcome.

Banjo: *Guh-Huh Intensifies*

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

This is pretty much the same as mine just minus Leon. Mainly because I still don't know who to put there. XP

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

Banjo & Kazooie and Crash are my top picks. I'm less certain of Crash now given the base and potential DLC picks, but both are Smash-perfect fighters, in my opinion.

I can't predict these things, so I'll avoid speculating, but my dream pass (including Joker, as it's a franchise I like and my only prediction that came true): Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, Agumon. If I can add echoes to my dream picks, Shadow and Dixie. However, if Banjo's in, I'm getting the fighter pass regardless if I like the picks.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It's absolutely feasible.

I mentioned this a few pages ago, but Atlus seems to love making power moves like this: Remember how they literally tried to THREATEN their own paying customers against streaming Persona 5 past a certain point?

I wish I could find it, but Sakurai said in a tweet that the next DLC fighter will be a full-stop reveal with their stage and everything, so what's going on with Joker is an abnormality; which is making it likely that the drought is Atlus' fault trying to hold onto their reveal. Which, to be fair is in their rights to do... but it hurts from a consumer standpoint.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Phoenix Wright is feeling no love right now. How could all of you.
It's always been like that; you're not one of the heavily popular fan wants, you're not worth talking about. Joker was in this position once.

At least Phoenix gets noticed more than Higgins and Bonk…

It's absolutely feasible.

I mentioned this a few pages ago, but Atlus seems to love making power moves like this: Remember how they literally tried to THREATEN their own paying customers against streaming Persona 5 past a certain point?

I wish I could find it, but Sakurai said in a tweet that the next DLC fighter will be a full-stop reveal with their stage and everything, so what's going on with Joker is an abnormality; which is making it likely that the drought is Atlus' fault trying to hold onto their reveal. Which, to be fair is in their rights to do... but it hurts from a consumer standpoint.
What are the odds that they've noticed Best Buy's slip-up? Atlus has an US branch.

So much for it being like :ultmewtwo:'s case then.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's always been like that; you're not one of the heavily popular fan wants, you're not worth talking about. Joker was in this position once.

At least Phoenix gets noticed more than Higgins and Bonk…

What are the odds that they've noticed Best Buy's slip-up? Atlus has an US branch.
They did notice.

Listings all gone now

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

Banjo & Kazooie and Crash would be the two I would absolutely love; they’re two of my most requested characters.

Not to sound ungrateful or petty, but I don’t really care for Erdrick and Leon. Personally, I’d replace either Erdrick or Leon with Rayman. My trifecta of wanted characters would thus be complete.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Joker’s inclusion does end up having Persona 5 on Switch, then if Banjo & Kazooie get in, they absolutely need to bring Rare Replay or their N64 titles to Switch. Same like what they did with Cloud finally getting Final Fantasy VII on a Nintendo console.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I know this conversation ended last night but I found this interesting enough to throw into the mix.
Likely a coincidence but shows Banjo works nicely at 'mascot' height

measurements.png

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjo & Kazooie and Crash are my top picks. I'm less certain of Crash now given the base and potential DLC picks, but both are Smash-perfect fighters, in my opinion.

I can't predict these things, so I'll avoid speculating, but my dream pass (including Joker, as it's a franchise I like and my only prediction that came true): Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, Agumon. If I can add echoes to my dream picks, Shadow and Dixie. However, if Banjo's in, I'm getting the fighter pass regardless if I like the picks.
I think Crash is actually quite possible. Huge name back in the day, was the second character to rival Mario after Sonic, and now he's back with another new game for Switch in just a few month and is a household name again. I'd assume Activision would be easy to deal with as well. I think he's got every check mark ticked. I gotta agree though, it would be great to see him get in alongside Banjo and Kazooie!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I know this conversation ended last night but I found this interesting enough to throw into the mix.
Likely a coincidence but shows Banjo works nicely at 'mascot' height

View attachment 204295
Exactly what I figured. I personally would want him the same height as Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, with maybe Kazooie adding some overall height to them and make them stand out.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Exactly what I figured. I personally would want him the same height as Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, with maybe Kazooie adding some overall height to them and make them stand out.
Couldn't agree more. If you really look at the artwork, it makes sense.

Banjo_and_Kazooie.jpg

Kazooie is a small bird that fits in a backpack. Look at how tall Banjo is compared to her. He really isn't all that big OR tall himself. Him being the size of the other mascots seems perfect to me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think Crash is actually quite possible. Huge name back in the day, was the second character to rival Mario after Sonic, and now he's back with another new game for Switch in just a few month and is a household name again. I'd assume Activision would be easy to deal with as well. I think he's got every check mark ticked. I gotta agree though, it would be great to see him get in alongside Banjo and Kazooie!
For a while I thought Crash was all but a lock for DLC, he's one of the characters I think people sleep on but if we get Banjo I could see Crash not getting in this time.

We so rarely get platformer icons, I just don't see getting 2 in the same DLC pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For a while I thought Crash was all but a lock for DLC, he's one of the characters I think people sleep on but if we get Banjo I could see Crash not getting in this time.

We so rarely get platformer icons, I just don't see getting 2 in the same DLC pass.
Depends on whether they'll want to use the extra WOL slots or not, really. If so, that's at least two more chances for passes.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Erdrick
Banjo-Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

I like it. Would personally replace Crash with Doomguy though. Or maybe Leon, since they both use firearms.
EDIT: Honestly, the only point I can find against Erdrick is that it would be kinda strange to have two JRPG characters in a row. Then again, the Smash 4 DLC contained 5 JRPG characters.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
While everyone says Doomguy, if any Bethesda character is getting in I think it'd be the Dragonborn

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If I had to make a bet on the final roster:

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Monster Hunter
Rex

THE BEAR'S COMIN' BOYZ

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If I had to make a bet on the final roster:

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Monster Hunter
Rex

THE BEAR'S COMIN' BOYZ
Monster Hunter is a series I'm confident won't get a playable character. We already have the most iconic parts of it, a character just doesn't really work (they had to practically invent one for MvCI) and Rex is deconfirmed.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
My guesses:

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Lloyd
Porky

You know what? Earthbound/Mother is not really my thing, but watching this Smash Moveset video for Porky REALLY wants me to see him make it in. Another villain character is always welcome, especially one that plays pretty differently from his protagonists and another bratty kid character would be fun to see pitted against Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings. I also just really love characters with movesets that are both fun AND incorporate as much of their history in video games as possible. Probably one of the main reasons why not only do I want Banjo & Kazooie in really bad, but why they'd be such a good fit since their entire history can be easily incorporated into their moveset and gameplay in Smash Bros.

My guesses aren't really based on any fact. Just characters I'd really like to see make it into DLC.

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo & Kazooie
Geno
Rayman

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would like to be added to the supporter list by the way, i don't think i have mentioned this before.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not even going to bother guessing, because my guesses have been hilariously wrong before.

As far as what I'd like to see, I'd go with Joker, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Dante from the Devil May Cry series. (honourable mention goes to Doomguy)

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
While everyone says Doomguy, if any Bethesda character is getting in I think it'd be the Dragonborn
I've always found Dragonborn super unlikely because of how much additional effort you'd need to make it an actually decent representation of the whole concept. The Dragonborn isn't just a playable avatar that can switch skins, they're a character that can be drastically different depending on player's choice or be entirely unique species that would need to likely be modeled and made unique. I think that's the problem with really any of the avatar protagonists that aren't more simple like Minecraft. Just doing a generic Nord would be a horribly disappointing way to handle that character idea. I'd also argue that we're just more likely to see the Doomguy because he's got the whole legacy aspect more so than most characters and is arguably a little more iconic on his own than the Dragonborn. I don't think either are super likely though (And also Skyrim certainly gets remembered a lot today for the wrong reasons haha).

My ideal Fighter Pass would probably be Joker, Geno, Banjo Kazooie, Phoenix Wright, and Crash Bandicoot I guess? My wants change a little bit and a few of them are so wholly unlikely for a DLC season that I don't really include them. Like an Excitebiker would be an amazing addition, but I don't think he'd be a DLC character. Maybe a Tetromino could be the left field pick.

As for who I really expect? I don't even know where to begin honestly. Joker alone doesn't give us a ton of indication of where we're going and what to expect, which has been good and bad for speculation. If I have to guess, I'd do something like: Joker, Erdrick, Lloyd Irving, Ryu Hayubusa, and some sort of Microsoft character just because there's clearly been some developments there.

Top Bottom