• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If you guys have any questions for me specifically or want me to address stuff, just point it out and I'll do it. In the meantime, I'm really hungry and haven't eaten all day. I'll be back in a bit.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Gheb, you are talking too much and no one wants to read the flow of the austrian salt.
Let's try to avoid silencing people here, eh Bard?

I agree that Gheb's being in a rather suspicious rush to get votes on you, but I for one WANT to see people talk. More talk makes it easier to gather reads, no?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
True, the problem though is that Gheb can be overbearing and, be it advertent or not, ends up suffocating the thread until it goes his way, i.e. shutting down zaixl and telling him that his sucks, or dismissing what I had to say about Orboknown in a rather cheeky way.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You're voting for sneakytako just because he pointed out how you refuted Gheb with insults?
No, haha. I'm voting for him because he chalked up my rationale to be an OMGUS without addressing the legitimate point I made against him.

The point I made: in his initial list of opinions, he seemed to find Rake to be disconcerting. However he immediately marked me down as being suspicious for also finding Rake to be disconcerting, it seems? It just seemed hypocritical and didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If Person A finds Person C to be suspicious, but finds Person B to be suspicious for finding Person C to be suspicious, that just seems very peculiar and backwards since by that logic it would make Person A out to be suspicious.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Am I not allowed to be concerned about more than one person at once bardull? Or is looking at multiple people more scummy than town in your eyes?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
No, haha. I'm voting for him because he chalked up my rationale to be an OMGUS without addressing the legitimate point I made against him.

The point I made: in his initial list of opinions, he seemed to find Rake to be disconcerting. However he immediately marked me down as being suspicious for also finding Rake to be disconcerting, it seems? It just seemed hypocritical and didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If Person A finds Person C to be suspicious, but finds Person B to be suspicious for finding Person C to be suspicious, that just seems very peculiar and backwards since by that logic it would make Person A out to be suspicious.
What do you think of Orbo then?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Am I not allowed to be concerned about more than one person at once bardull? Or is looking at multiple people more scummy than town in your eyes?
Multiple people is fine, but the reasons you outlined for finding me to be suspicious seem to be contradictory of your stance on Rake, whom you felt to be disconcerting for the exact reasons I felt he was disconcerting. It's not that you found multiple people to be scummy that's the problem, the real problem is that you find me suspicious for finding Rake to be suspicious when you yourself found Rake's or general approach disconcerting. I'm referring to this post here:

But my thoughts so far.

Rake: Most of his rebuttals have made sense, but his tone is disconcerting. His aggressive tone leads me to believe that he wants to make Moosy feel blastphemous to challenge him. That being said, I think his focus on the other people on his bandwagon rather than focus on moosey makes the most sense - lean town

Bardull: Do not like. His patience for Moosey and his vote on rake seem fishy when considered together. Although I can understand trying to apply pressure to rake and his subsequent questions, his blind support of moosey is highly suspicious and seems like he's trying to earn a friend. Moosey do not trust this man - lean scum

Gheb - I really like his 141. He notes orbo defending rake, and the correlation between moosey and bardull. - my hero

Others - Null
Imagine if I told you that I thought you were suspicious for liking tacos when I myself like tacos. I know it says here you lean town on him, but you still felt his tone was disconcerting. Perhaps we aren't seeing things eye to eye, but it's odd that you aren't respecting my approach when the evidence is there.

Regarding moosy: I've addressed this already, but I see merit in giving Moosy stock at this juncture. What exactly is weird about my interaction with the two slots that made you lean scum? I actually do not have blind support for anyone at this point, mind you.

What do you think of Orbo then?
Orbo's initial dismissal of Rake is not at all surprising, his general handling of everything has been fairly null otherwise. I'm willing to work with him if necessary, but it goes without saying that I don't approve of him giving Gheb a pass to do as he pleases with this Day phase.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
"So many of you I wish to squish, but soon I shall find out who will be vanquished!"

~Day 1 Votecount 1.2~

1. Gheb_01 (0)
2. Orboknown (0)
3. Zaixl (0)
4. BarDicuLous
(3) Maven, Gheb, Sneaky
5. RadicalRat (0)
6. TheKingofKoopas (0)
7. sneakytako
(1) Bardull
8. Maven89
(1) Orboknown
9. *GenericHandle* (0)
10. MoosyDoosy
(1) Generic
11. Shun Goku Satsu Rake (0)

No Lynch
(1) Zaixl

Not Voting: (4) KingKoopa, MoosyDoosy, Rake, RadRat

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline is Thursday 9/25 at 5:00pm MT!

Last edited:

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I say we feed Gheb a lunch and if he turns out to be townie give Bard some leftovers.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I say we feed Gheb a lunch and if he turns out to be townie give Bard some leftovers.
I'd be open to that, but Gheb being town would not automatically make Bard scum. It'd be a strike against him that warrants investigation, but a town gheb could be, y'know, wrong. But otherwise I'd be alright with this.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Gheb first cause he's irritating tbh
And it would make Bard our biggest target day two at the very least. Consideration for role claims and other stuff of course but for now I feel like this is safest

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Gheb and Bard both look pretty suspicious to me.

I don't like Gheb's rush to lynch, and his attempts at control.

Meanwhile, Bard's barely posted, one of those posts being an attempt to just shut Gheb up.

I'd say us lynching either one of them, RIGHT NOW( Which I do NOT suggest, but humor my logic for a moment ), before any new developments, resulting in a Town flip would boost the other's investigation/lynch priority exponentially.

Alternatively, a mafia flip leads us to the WIFOM game of "Were they just bussing each other?"

As such... With both of them suspicious, I'm voting on who I find just slightly more likely to be Town, since we learn more from a Town flip than we do from a Mafia flip.

Disclaimer/TL;DR: I'm not voting on someone with a Town lean, but rather a Mafia lean that's just a touch less strong than another Mafia lean, on the grounds that we get better info if I'm wrong.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I will stand by this vote until either Gheb !@#$s up, or Bard does something I really like.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
How is my stance contradictory bardull?

The fact that I have an issue with rake's tone has 0 correlation to one another. This and the fact that you keep repeating my lexicon of 'disconcerting' tells me that your argument is just that weak, and you have nothing else to go on and you're grasping at straws.

I'm willing to admit I'm somewhat parroting gheb, but that's because I feel that his post in 141 is spot on.

Kill bardul plz.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
EBWOP: The fact that I have an issue with rake's tone has 0 correlation to the fact that I don't like the way you defended moosy

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
EBWOP( Admittedly unnecessary, can be skipped over )

Well, now he done went and changed his name. Sorry for thread clogging but this is going to bother me if I don't...

Vote: BarDulL

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Lots of voting, but I'm going to focus on Sneaky for now.

Sneaky, the rationale for your argument is that Rake's approach combined with Moosy's is what makes my support of moosy scummy. You have not shown at all why it was scummy though; it's as though you're expecting the roster to understand the assertions of your push on my slot, but no one's really getting it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Regardless of whether or not MY rational is solid, YOUR rational that there is a contradiction between me doubting you and rake is an issue bardul.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Regardless of whether or not MY rational is solid, YOUR rational that there is a contradiction between me doubting you and rake is an issue bardul.
"My rationale isn't solid, I'm going to continue trying to parrot Gheb."

You're not really trying to work with me and your more interested in constructing my lynch. Am I the only one seeing this?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not sure if Gheb flipping Town is a strike against me either, as I'm not advocating his lynch as of yet. Me telling him to shush isn't anywhere near as condemning as the people voting for him if he flips Town. Remember that and be careful with your vote, I'm not a scapegoat for anyone's lynch regardless of alignment.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys vote me because I'm in a rush to lynch, I see.

Yet you guys are the only ones to ever talk about a lynch in the first place. Nowhere did I say that I want to lynch Bardull here and now. Stop assuming things that aren't said. All I said is that you should vote Bardull if you think he's scummy. If you have a problem with that then your future in dGames isn't gonna look bright once you end up in a shark pool with the likes of Ryker or Laundry.

:059:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Gheb first cause he's irritating tbh
And it would make Bard our biggest target day two at the very least. Consideration for role claims and other stuff of course but for now I feel like this is safest
What is this post?

Do you seriously think Gheb is Mafia?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
"My rationale isn't solid, I'm going to continue trying to parrot Gheb."

You're not really trying to work with me and your more interested in constructing my lynch. Am I the only one seeing this?
I'm not the one who has to play defense, my post was my thoughts on how this game opened, while your actions of defending moosey is suspicious.

As the old idiom dictates, actions speak louder than words.

Also, who's not working with whom? Ally you've done is try and shift the focus on me, while not explaining the how my posts seemed scummy. The only person you've seemed to convince is yourself.

@moosey how do you view zaixl and generic atm?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
nononono, this is a bad post. You haven't given any thoughts on Gheb at all and now you're voting for him? On top of that you're not going for the person who you said you had a gut feel as Mafia.

Your language is bad too. Voting for Gheb because he's irritating is not a reason. Using "safest" makes me think that you're looking to set up a mislynch that can't go wrong. This just makes me think that you're killing the person who looks town to set up a lynch on Bard for Day 2.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Not quite, Moosy. I think EITHER Bard OR Gheb is Mafia, so we need to lunch one of em. I say we lunch Gheb FIRST cause he's an a**hole and makes this less fun for me. If you guys prefer I can switch to Bard, it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's one of them.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Not quite, Moosy. I think EITHER Bard OR Gheb is Mafia, so we need to lunch one of em. I say we lunch Gheb FIRST cause he's an a**hole and makes this less fun for me. If you guys prefer I can switch to Bard, it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's one of them.
I agree. And, personally, Gheb seems more scummy than Bardul. I'd rather lynch a scum and clear Bardul than mislynch someone else and deal with that mess.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tell me what you make of Bardull hating on Rake and supporting Moosey. These stances seem pretty contradictory to yours. You ain't got any issue with that? None at all?
I care less about his moosey [...]
Digging out 'old' stuff but are you still of that opinion? Orboknown Orboknown
As of this page I can't agree with you.

Also, what do you think of Bardull's attack on sneaky?

:059:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
So you didn't give any opinion on Gheb but vote for him on the basis that he's annoying to deal with? That just does not work.

Top Bottom