• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Rake: Obviously trying to feel out the newbies. First post was aimed at the people who confirmed in thread; aka Moose.
Second post was questions aimed at me but by the time I saw them he was focused on Moose, so I let him forget about them and observed. Seeing as he's feeling out alignments he's either town or trying to act the part. Null.
Bardiculous: Seems to be posting but not quite contributing. Got nothing but gut feeling for him right now, and it's leaning towards Mafia. But based on pure facts, Null.
MooseyDoosey: Impulsive. Hotheaded. Downright stupid at times. But the strongest town read I have. Or a darn good Mafia. Town.
RadicalRat: Fairly good player from what I've seen and unreadable. Null.
Orboknown: Also a very middle of the road Switzerland player. Don't trust him at all. Null.
Generichandle: See RadicalRat.
Gheb_01,Thekingofkoopas,Maven89, SneakyTako: Fairly inactive. Null.
Zaixl: Confirmed Mafia kill him in the face

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Rake: Obviously trying to feel out the newbies. First post was aimed at the people who confirmed in thread; aka Moose.
Second post was questions aimed at me but by the time I saw them he was focused on Moose, so I let him forget about them and observed. Seeing as he's feeling out alignments he's either town or trying to act the part. Null.
Bardiculous: Seems to be posting but not quite contributing. Got nothing but gut feeling for him right now, and it's leaning towards Mafia. But based on pure facts, Null.
MooseyDoosey: Impulsive. Hotheaded. Downright stupid at times. But the strongest town read I have. Or a darn good Mafia. Town.
RadicalRat: Fairly good player from what I've seen and unreadable. Null.
Orboknown: Also a very middle of the road Switzerland player. Don't trust him at all. Null.
Generichandle: See RadicalRat.
Gheb_01,Thekingofkoopas,Maven89, SneakyTako: Fairly inactive. Null.
Zaixl: Confirmed Mafia kill him in the face
This seems pretty spot on. Town read on you, even if you are confirmed scum.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
May I ask what leads you to have a Town Read on Moosy?

I've got him as a null read myself, but a lot of what he's doing is just stirring up confusion, which lines up with Mafia goals. Of course, he also does come across as just speaking whatever's on his mind with no filter, which while isn't ideal is Town... is just plain idiotic as Mafia.

Have you caught a pattern I'm missing?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
May I ask what leads you to have a Town Read on Moosy?

I've got him as a null read myself, but a lot of what he's doing is just stirring up confusion, which lines up with Mafia goals. Of course, he also does come across as just speaking whatever's on his mind with no filter, which while isn't ideal is Town... is just plain idiotic as Mafia.

Have you caught a pattern I'm missing?
Nope. It's just very simple. If someone is free to say what he thinks that means he's relaxed. Mafia tends to care a lot about how they present themselves and construct their posts a ton which is why their posts turn out mechanical. On the other hand, townies don't have this pressure and their posts feel a lot more natural.

-poke-

Part of the reason why I'm suspicious of you.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Nope. It's just very simple. If someone is free to say what he thinks that means he's relaxed. Mafia tends to care a lot about how they present themselves and construct their posts a ton which is why their posts turn out mechanical. On the other hand, townies don't have this pressure and their posts feel a lot more natural.

-poke-

His posts sound mechanical when he's town, if the mini game is any indication.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman

-poke-

You do have a solid point. But the Town has a lot to benefit from carefully constructing their own posts as well. That way we don't make slips that were really just !@#$-ups( Of which I made LOTS last game ), for the scum to jump on.

Motivation is everything. You have to be able to tell if this is a carefully manufactured TOWN post, or a carefully manufactured SCUM post. Same goes for super-natural posts.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Will start posting tomorrow when I have access to a notepad. Writing down thoughts just makes the game 10x easier instead of trying to keep it all in your head, then try to reply at 4 in the morning with your iPhone.:4iggy:

Orboknown

Smash Hero

-poke-

but mechanical isnt scummy. What makes radrats posts scummy besides the mechanical aspect, because thats just how some people play this?

10 points to whoever realizes why the reasoning behind this null read on me is bad.
How do you think he should be reading you?

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Moosy seems town cause he lacks any coordination whatsoever. If he were Mafia his teammates would be able to guide him in their chat. Ergo, quite town.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Also, my gut's with gheb about Bard, but staying with a null until evidence.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Or really bad mafia. Are there any other inexperienced players?

Gheb, I don't like your rush to attack Bardul and get him lynched so quickly. It'd be fine if we were closer to the deadline, but we're not. Let the Day play out -- unless you're afraid of something being revealed with time?

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
If he were really bad Mafia other two teammates would guide him. And I'm new to your Mafia but not inexperienced in general. I'm about as close to a 'bad' player as we have right now, other than moose.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Or really bad mafia. Are there any other inexperienced players?

Gheb, I don't like your rush to attack Bardul and get him lynched so quickly. It'd be fine if we were closer to the deadline, but we're not. Let the Day play out -- unless you're afraid of something being revealed with time?
This and:

but mechanical isnt scummy. What makes radrats posts scummy besides the mechanical aspect, because thats just how some people play this?

How do you think he should be reading you?
I'm not talking about how he should be reading me. -.- I'm trying to point out that his reasoning behind his null read on me is bad.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Moosy seems town cause he lacks any coordination whatsoever. If he were Mafia his teammates would be able to guide him in their chat. Ergo, quite town.
1.) What does "lack of coordination" even mean in this context?
2.) How does Moosy come across as such?
3.) Why would mafia want to come across as such?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're not gonna win the game as town if you make things more complicated than they have to be. Bardull has exhibited suspicious behavior, therefore it's OK to vote him.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
-sigh- No one seems to get it.

This was Rake's reasoning for the -1:
However, you get a -1 for failing to see my intent to bait you into a reaction. And failing to see why i'd say you were reactionary, which is basically the most base opinion I can have.
When I asked him what he got out of his "bait" Rake claimed I was mad:
you got mad and voted me coz of it
But I had repeatedly said that I wasn’t serious. If I wasn’t serious then there was no way I was mad at his post or taking it seriously.

Meh, overall it’s a weak reason to -1 someone. There was no way anyone wouldn’t see it as the joke it was and respond in kind. Also, it shows Rake isn’t exactly paying close attention to the thread if he didn’t catch the 3 or so times I said my post wasn’t serious.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Moosy has been swinging on whoever's closest and making himself a target. Mafia would tell him cut that out in the Mafia only thread if he were Mafia. Mafia does not want to come across as such, he's a town read.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too many assumptions. Take his play for what it is - nothing more, nothing less.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Moosy has been swinging on whoever's closest and making himself a target. Mafia would tell him cut that out in the Mafia only thread if he were Mafia. Mafia does not want to come across as such, he's a town read.
hey hey buddy. 2 things:
1. Nice profile pic FFVII remake hype and Advent Children was hype too.
2. That's just how I play. I spot things I don't like and pressure on those points.

And a question.
1. Thoughts on Gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You obviously don't understand what I'm doing.

Just wait until Zai answers.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're asking why Mafia would try and be all over the place which is what I'm doing. Hence, you're implying I'm Mafia.
Also, this makes absolutely no sense. Because I'm questioning his logic of what a mafioso would do ... I'm implying you're mafia?

Yeah that makes no sense. Just wait until he answers my question.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Gheb: I did answer. #181 bruh
Moosy: Gheb seems to be willing to point fingers but not back it up. Leaning scum.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Now, there IS the possibility that he just isn't listening to his mafia buddies. This would match the stubbornness he's showing in here.

However, at this point we don't have enough to determine that. I'll go ahead and give him a Town Lean, but I'm not gonna Read him just yet...

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Moosy is wildly swinging at anything that moves. This could be interpreted positively or negatively. Slight town lean, but that could change.

Gheb seems desperate to cut the Day short... Slight scum lean.

Rake is janky. Null.

Bardull... I don't see the scum, but I don't see the town, either. Null.

Zaixl puts out solid town content. Town.

Anyone want to hear my thoughts on another given player?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Moosy is wildly swinging at anything that moves. This could be interpreted positively or negatively. Slight town lean, but that could change.

Gheb seems desperate to cut the Day short... Slight scum lean.

Rake is janky. Null.

Bardull... I don't see the scum, but I don't see the town, either. Null.

Zaixl puts out solid town content. Town.

Anyone want to hear my thoughts on another given player?
Rat

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Rat is hard to read imo. Last game he was town, and his posts sound really similar/he makes similar content, but idk. Mostly null. I'd like to observe him more, however.

Top Bottom