• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Now, then. Obviously everyone should be pressured at some point, but as of right now my investigation priority is as follows:
Moosy
Bardul
Gheb
Rake
Rat.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
EBWOP didn't mean to post that yet. I'm going to re-read through the thread, then draw some conclusions about Moosy and company.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb: I did answer. #181 bruh
No. I mean actual answers.

Not half-assed bull**** to get me off your your case.

So once again, answer this:

1.) What does "lack of coordination" even mean in this context?
2.) How does Moosy come across as such?
3.) Why would mafia want to come across as such?
Because if that's what makes you read Moosy as town you gotta give me more than one-liners.

:059:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care what you think, so yeah. I'm more concerned with finding actual scum.
OBJECTION!

If you really are more concerned with finding actual scum than what you're being read as...

Why make a respononse like this? Why not just ignore that comment?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
OBJECTION!

If you really are more concerned with finding actual scum than what you're being read as...

Why make a respononse like this? Why not just ignore that comment?
...Really?

Moosy made that statement to evoke a reaction/get me to change my read on you/etc, obviously. The point was that a "hmm. seems leik skum to meh" statement isn't going to phase me, because it has no actual substance and does not merit an actual defense that could be spent on scum hunting.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I can't give a solid answer as I can't get a solid read. All my reads are shaky right now, it's RVS. What do you want me to do, hack his account and get his role pm?
As for question 3, I said Moosy was town and therefore that would mean town would want to come across as such. Tbh this question makes me feel like I'm missing something, so could you restate it differently?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
...Really?

Moosy made that statement to evoke a reaction/get me to change my read on you/etc, obviously. The point was that a "hmm. seems leik skum to meh" statement isn't going to phase me, because it has no actual substance and does not merit an actual defense that could be spent on scum hunting.
Mmm... Alright. Wording just seems a bit odd there...

But that makes sense, I suppose.

MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy would you like to elaborate on what about Generic's thoughts on yours truly seems scummy? Or are you just going to leave it at "I don't like it."?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Mmm... Alright. Wording just seems a bit odd there...

But that makes sense, I suppose.

MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy would you like to elaborate on what about Generic's thoughts on yours truly seems scummy? Or are you just going to leave it at "I don't like it."?
Lurks, regurgitates reads others said, posts list posts that make it seem like he's doing something useful. But then again, this is D1.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Especially Maven, he's quite a capable player from what I saw last game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Gheb is being a stubborn wiener because he isn't getting his way, just ignore him.

The only player I actually dislike is Sneaky. The foundation for his vote seems off. Rake has been doing better since my initial point of contention I guess (since everyone seems to be town reading him), and there's no point in pushing it. By sneaky's own admission though, his initial reaction to Rake was that Rake's posts were 'disconcerting.' I don't really get why he didn't understand my vote under those circumstances, (seems contradictory) and his vote seems opportunistic/sheepish. No bueno.

I'll voice my other opinion on slots later, only have time for quick hits.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can't give a solid answer as I can't get a solid read. All my reads are shaky right now, it's RVS. What do you want me to do, hack his account and get his role pm?
As for question 3, I said Moosy was town and therefore that would mean town would want to come across as such. Tbh this question makes me feel like I'm missing something, so could you restate it differently?
So basically what I'm asking is: if mafia wants to coordinate their play as you would call it. Why would they have any interest in coming across as playing that way? If coordinated play is typical for mafia, then exhibiting behavior that comes across as "coordinated" is the exact opposite of what they would do.

Ultimately, my point was that your reasoning for leaning town on Moosey is faulty. You assume too much - you assume that you understand how the mafiosi work and what they do. You assume that there's a fundamental "pattern" or "approach" that mafiosi follow that they can be identified by. You assume that Moosey is town for not following that approach. Get rid of those ideas please. The sooner you realize that there's no such thing as a "scum tell" [the way a less experienced player expects it], the better.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Gheb, you are talking too much and no one wants to read the flow of the austrian salt. Your attempt at getting thread control is poop and all your doing is shutting zaixl down for the wrong reasons.

Love,
Bard

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I repeat; RVS. All leans/tells are assumption, which I addressed in like my second post by attempting to push a no lynch.
That being said I'm also taking into consideration Moosy's newness. Based upon what I have, I believe he's town. Doesn't mean my mind can't be changed, doesn't mean it's a particularly strong feeling, doesn't mean I'm right. But it does mean that is my current thoughts. Give me a reason to lean scum or move on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not saying you should read him as scum.

I'm saying your reasoning sucks.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Omgus much bard?

Also attacking gheb and saying 'no one wants to read your Australian salt' even though he has no reason to be salty is stupid.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Gheb is being a stubborn wiener because he isn't getting his way, just ignore him.

The only player I actually dislike is Sneaky. The foundation for his vote seems off. Rake has been doing better since my initial point of contention I guess (since everyone seems to be town reading him), and there's no point in pushing it. By sneaky's own admission though, his initial reaction to Rake was that Rake's posts were 'disconcerting.' I don't really get why he didn't understand my vote under those circumstances, (seems contradictory) and his vote seems opportunistic/sheepish. No bueno.

I'll voice my other opinion on slots later, only have time for quick hits.
I'll hold you to your promise on reads.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Okay. You're right. Moosy is null read.

Now that we have plenty of information, thoughts on Gheb everyone?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People who think Bardull is suspicious should start voting him btw.

We're not getting anywhere if we just wait for RVS to end -.-

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Um. No. We factually have nothing to go on and statistically it's 8:3 so that's just plain stupid.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I'd like to hear a proper defense from Bardul before I make any conclusions about Gheb v. Bardul.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Um. No. We factually have nothing to go on [...]
And it's gonna stay that way if you guys just insist on continuing to not do ****.

If you wanna gain stuff to go on ... then you have to lay your vote down. Waiting for something to happen isn't gonna win the game for anybody ... scum won't just pop up and tell them where they are. You have to make it happen.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think I already responded to assertions made towards my slot. Gheb is being a weenie and I'm not really sure why he's pushing my slot except perhaps he feels threatened by me? We're at an impasse in that accord, it seems.

Sneaky is quick to call my assertion an OMGUS as an attempt to discredit my argument, but he's not actually dismantling what I've said. That isn't to mention that Gheb and a couple other slots have looked in my direction, but my knee-jerk reaction wasn't immediately to OMGUS them, which means that there is a rhyme and a reason to what I'm saying. That being said, this vote is justified:

Vote: Sneakytako

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I think I already responded to assertions made towards my slot. Gheb is being a weenie and I'm not really sure why he's pushing my slot except perhaps he feels threatened by me? We're at an impasse in that accord, it seems.

Sneaky is quick to call my assertion an OMGUS as an attempt to discredit my argument, but he's not actually dismantling what I've said. That isn't to mention that Gheb and a couple other slots have looked in my direction, but my knee-jerk reaction wasn't immediately to OMGUS them, which means that there is a rhyme and a reason to what I'm saying. That being said, this vote is justified:

Vote: Sneakytako
No, I honestly don't think the vote is justified. o.O

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ok, look, it's DAY 1. I'm doing what I can to progress the game, and calling people out on contradictory stuff. That's what D1 is about. If we all clam up like turtles then nothing's going to get done. That's why I'm going out of my way with these votes.

How I'm feeling about this game right now:

Top Bottom