• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Why would voting for Gheb be "safest" when you haven't given an opinion on him?

I'm fairly certain that Gheb is just misguided town beginning to tunnel on Bard and you're just voting him to get rid of a big town presence.

If the Gheb lynch does go through, you can just re-direct it at Bard and get two easy lynches while sliding over the fact that you started the Gheb wagon in the first place. When both flip town, all you need to do is say you were certain Mafia was in one of them.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
So you didn't give any opinion on Gheb but vote for him on the basis that he's annoying to deal with? That just does not work.
Actually, it does.

Annoying to work with, be Gheb Town or Mafia, makes him a hinderance to discussion.

I personally am not irritated by Gheb, but if Zaixl is being pissed off by him, it WILL make discussions where those two are involved more tedious to get through.

Therefore, as long as other people have him as scummy too, and taking into account his willingness to change, I see nothing wrong with Zaixl's vote.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me

I'm fairly certain that Gheb is just misguided town beginning to tunnel on Bard and you're just voting him to get rid of a big town presence.

If the Gheb lynch does go through, you can just re-direct it at Bard and get two easy lynches while sliding over the fact that you started the Gheb wagon in the first place. When both flip town, all you need to do is say you were certain Mafia was in one of them.
I had considered this. If Zax (Zax is easy to type on mobile. Ima call him Zax.) exhibits some sort of scummy behavior AND gheb flips town, he'd be higher on my lynch list than Bardul.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Then if that happens you can lynch me and feel stupid. Gheb seems scummy for several reasons:
-His initial jump on Bard with no prior explanation
-The fact that he's trying to rush votes
-As far as I can see(could be wrong) he still hasn't provided reasoning for Bard yet still pushes the vote
-And the mustache in his avatar looks sinister.
Zax is fine. ^_^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Or maybe - y'know - Bardull is just actually scummy and voting him is a good thing? Perhaps I'm just actually right. Ever considered that? I'm gonna say this only one time because I don't like to brag about my player skill. But I have more games under my belt than the rest of this game's roster added together. I'm certainly not the one who's "misguided" or doesn't know what he's doing.

Also, I'm not tunneling. All I'm saying is that more people should start voting Bard if they think he's scummy. 3 votes is a decent start but I'd like to see more.

Annoying to work with, be Gheb Town or Mafia, makes him a hinderance to discussion.

I personally am not irritated by Gheb, but if Zaixl is being pissed off by him, it WILL make discussions where those two are involved more tedious to get through.
Emphasis mine.

When has Zaix actually tried to 'work' with me? All he did was assume that I must be scum for trying to actually get this game moving forward and not stagnate the whole Day. He's basically confusing 'scummy' with 'not liking the way I play mafia'. That is certainly his problem and you can't blame me for his inability to deal with that.

:059:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Then if that happens you can lynch me and feel stupid. Gheb seems scummy for several reasons:
-As far as I can see(could be wrong) he still hasn't provided reasoning for Bard yet still pushes the vote
Zax is fine. ^_^
I definitely agree with this.

BUT

Assume you're scum for a sec. If you have your way, D1 town lynch. Assuming you have a night kill and the doc guesses wrong, N1 kill. 9 left 4 to lynch. D2 mislynch N2 kill. 7 left. 4-3 townie to mafia. See how good that'd be for you? With that in mind, if you do something scummy, ima guess you're scum. You aren't right now, but there's a line and you could cross it.

But for now, lets take Gheb out to lunch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I had considered this. If Zax (Zax is easy to type on mobile. Ima call him Zax.) exhibits some sort of scummy behavior AND gheb flips town, he'd be higher on my lynch list than Bardul.
Don't do that. Just don't.

Zax is fine. ^_^
1.) What's the problem with attacking Bardull? Am I the only one doing it?
2.) Asking people to vote a player is not 'rushing' votes and it's not scummy anywy
3.) Post 141

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
1) With no prior explanation
2) You started the Bard jump when he wasn't all that scummy from my perspective and you were trying to up the votes when we still had plenty of daytime left.
3) 141 barely mentions Bard

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1) With no prior explanation
2) You started the Bard jump when he wasn't all that scummy from my perspective and you were trying to up the votes when we still had plenty of daytime left.
3) 141 barely mentions Bard
141 barely mentions Bardull? The whole first part is entirely about him, about how his push against Rake was bollox and how his support of Moosey reeks.

There's nothing wrong or suspicious about 'upping votes'. In fact that's exactly how mafia works.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Actually, it does.

Therefore, as long as other people have him as scummy too, and taking into account his willingness to change, I see nothing wrong with Zaixl's vote.
Okay, then where are you parking your vote. Looks like you're with Zaixl so are you going to sheep him?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Gheb, your vote on Bard is weak.

Your intial argument was that his reads contradicted each other which isn't even a big deal in the first place. It's much easier to just pick out people who look scummy D1 and work from there. Building alignments straight away always turns out wrong.

The ONLY thing against Bard right now is that he didn't respond to your initial argument with reasoning but used personal attacks to do so. Also he hasn't contributed much. All he's done is parked a vote on tako with literally the same reasoning that Gheb used and then disappeared.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
GenericHandle is like the lurkiest town that never says what he thinks unless others say it first or he's scum.

Maven and Koopa don't exist.

I am confident Gheb is town but he needs to be worked with. I feel that Bard is town in this dilemma although I want him to look over his sneakytako vote because it was terrible. (If he doesn't, I'm willing to lynch him)

RadicalRat, Shun Goku, and Orboknown need to decide who to vote on rather than staying on the sidelines

Zaixl's take on Gheb/Bard is terrible. Even if Gheb is annoying to deal with, you find ways to work with him rather than trying to lynch him straight away. His recent posts are also bad and just look like a set-up with weird language.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I'm leaving my vote on Zaixl.

I want thoughts from Orbo, ShunGoku, RadicalRat, tako.

I want Bard to re-evaluate his vote on tako. If he doesn't come up with stronger reasoning, I'm all up for a Bard lynch.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
GenericHandle is like the lurkiest town that never says what he thinks unless others say it first or he's scum.

Maven and Koopa don't exist.

I am confident Gheb is town but he needs to be worked with. I feel that Bard is town in this dilemma although I want him to look over his sneakytako vote because it was terrible. (If he doesn't, I'm willing to lynch him)

RadicalRat, Shun Goku, and Orboknown need to decide who to vote on rather than staying on the sidelines

Zaixl's take on Gheb/Bard is terrible. Even if Gheb is annoying to deal with, you find ways to work with him rather than trying to lynch him straight away. His recent posts are also bad and just look like a set-up with weird language.
This is a good post. +1 town point. *Mario 1-up sound effect*

I'm fairly busy irl for the next few days. I'm not going to produce any super original content until late wednesday/early thursday unless I see something that can't be skipped. Otherwise I'm just observing and evaluating. I'm also waiting for the inactives to actually do something.

I like Zax's take on gheb/bard.

Other than that this post is pretty spot-on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your intial argument was that his reads contradicted each other
No.

What I said was that his reads regarding your slot and Rake's stand in contradiction to Orbo's. So I asked Orbo how he feels about that - to which he replied he only takes issue with Bardull's read on Rake. Me, I was ... and still am bothered with both reads of his.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Gheb: First half of 141 was asking orbo what he thought of Bard as their arguments conflicted with each other. It was addressing orbo, not Bard. And upping votes on a fairly null player on D1 with plenty of time to spare is how you play Mafia badly. Why did you only answer part of 2) in post 288?
Moosy: I feel like you're ignoring the parts where I established that Gheb/Bard were acting scummiest imo and the annoying Gheb thing was why I wanted to lunch Gheb over Bard, not why I was lunching him at all. Also if you could point out the posts that have weird language/seem like setups/are bad I will try to clarify.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Okay, just saw Gheb's post and that's a defense more solid than Bard, so
##unvote
##vote BardulL

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm at school but just want to throw in that Gheb is clearly in the right in this, Bard is acting weird and Gheb never called for lynch but pressure to be directed at the slot that was being strange. someome needs to explain the Gheb push outside of "he's playing the game and telling me to do the same" cause that doesn't make him scum

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I interpret this is a push for a quicklynch D1.
Did I already tell you that you assume too much?

When I say "could people kindly start voting Bardull" I'm asking people to starting voting for Bardull. Not to quicklynch him without any further comments or questions. Not to just finish the Day right on the spot. Not anything that I - y'know - didn't ever actually say.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Gheb: First half of 141 was asking orbo what he thought of Bard as their arguments conflicted with each other. It was addressing orbo, not Bard. And upping votes on a fairly null player on D1 with plenty of time to spare is how you play Mafia badly. Why did you only answer part of 2) in post 288?
Moosy: I feel like you're ignoring the parts where I established that Gheb/Bard were acting scummiest imo and the annoying Gheb thing was why I wanted to lunch Gheb over Bard, not why I was lunching him at all. Also if you could point out the posts that have weird language/seem like setups/are bad I will try to clarify.
In response, this was the post I found weird:
Gheb first cause he's irritating tbh
And it would make Bard our biggest target day two at the very least. Consideration for role claims and other stuff of course but for now I feel like this is safest
My following posts explained why I disliked them:
nononono, this is a bad post. You haven't given any thoughts on Gheb at all and now you're voting for him? On top of that you're not going for the person who you said you had a gut feel as Mafia.

Your language is bad too. Voting for Gheb because he's irritating is not a reason. Using "safest" makes me think that you're looking to set up a mislynch that can't go wrong. This just makes me think that you're killing the person who looks town to set up a lynch on Bard for Day 2.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I'm at school but just want to throw in that Gheb is clearly in the right in this, Bard is acting weird and Gheb never called for lynch but pressure to be directed at the slot that was being strange. someome needs to explain the Gheb push outside of "he's playing the game and telling me to do the same" cause that doesn't make him scum
Wow it's a Maven! This is basically what I'm asking Zaixl to explain. There is no reason to vote for Gheb at the moment.

Maven89

Smash Master
I interpret this is a push for a quicklynch D1.
I can see that but I'll point out such a quicklynch would never actually happen in dgames and gheb would be aware of this, so if this was pushing for a quicklynch you have to account for why he would push for that knowing what I said above

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
I was avoiding my gut feeling because logic>instinct
Previous to post 295 I considered them both logically even threats.
My thoughts on Gheb were explained and resolved most clearly at 284 and onward.
Does this cover it or am I missing something?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One last word on the whole "quicklynching" nonsense: whoever actually drops the hammer on a quicklynch might as well put a rope around his next because he's surely gonna be the next in line. No townie would actually do that and I'd gladly trade a townie for a scumbag.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Emphasis mine.

When has Zaix actually tried to 'work' with me? All he did was assume that I must be scum for trying to actually get this game moving forward and not stagnate the whole Day. He's basically confusing 'scummy' with 'not liking the way I play mafia'. That is certainly his problem and you can't blame me for his inability to deal with that.

I'm not blaming you. I'm simply saying that it's not surprising that given two people he finds scummy he picks the one he dislikes first. Ultimately, it all comes down to who flips what how I feel about Zaixl, but I can't really fault him for picking you over Bard.

Unless of course... We lynch Bard and he flips mafia. In which case, Zaixl may be cleverly bussing and saving simultaneously by pushing your lynch first.

However, I'm in no great hurry to lynch anyone just yet, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Okay, then where are you parking your vote. Looks like you're with Zaixl so are you going to sheep him?
My vote has been on Bard for a while now.

I think this makes 5 with Zaixl added in, so the next Bard Vote hammers.

Careful undecided folks...

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So we gonna quicklynch Bard? I'd hammer, but I'd like to hear his defense first.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
EBWOP. Didn't mean to post that yet. Moosy, why did you quote my post?

Yolo 10 seconds

Maven89

Smash Master
You guys need to put the brakes on for a second, we're not even halfway through the time we have for day 1, unless someone accidentally posts their mafia role pm you don't lynch them in the first half of day 1

Maven89

Smash Master
Someone's going to get lynched at the end of the day, so focus less on that and more on what discussion you can make before it happens

Top Bottom