• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
"Like, if you were the first, or even second, to vote for him, I wouldn't care at all!"
^ What do you think that line means?
Alright. Stop and think things through before you post, okay?

That's me saying the order DOES matter. If you'd voted earlier, you'd be fine in having a lame reason like that. But because you voted AFTER votes started piling up... it just made it seem like you were trying to rush into a lynch.

However, you've made your noob case quite well, so I can let it go for now. Just... think before you post, please.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I don't think it is.

Voting on someone who already has a few on them this early on... it just doesn't line up with Town motives to me, y'know?

Then again, this is the same sort of thing Orbo warned me NOT to pull this game... Just kinda rubs me the wrong way here...
I'll let it go for now though.

Keeping that vote on you, however.
would his motives be purer to you if he had said "lol this is RVS kill the Rake" ?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
eh might as well reply to this. If we're to find Mafia, I think pushing would the right choice. A townie who has nothing to fear has no reason to be flustered either.
Human nature is to get tripped up and stumble when peoole are misinterpretting something that they think is obvious

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Alright. Stop and think things through before you post, okay?

That's me saying the order DOES matter. If you'd voted earlier, you'd be fine in having a lame reason like that. But because you voted AFTER votes started piling up... it just made it seem like you were trying to rush into a lynch.

However, you've made your noob case quite well, so I can let it go for now. Just... think before you post, please.
So you're saying you intentionally said the opposite of what you meant?

ok...

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying you intentionally said the opposite of what you meant?

ok...
I specifically said if you voted earlier I wouldn't care.

But because you voted later, I did.

Just... PLEASE use your head here. I know you have one or you wouldn't be hanging around DGames.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I specifically said if you voted earlier I wouldn't care.

But because you voted later, I did.

Just... PLEASE use your head here. I know you have one or you wouldn't be hanging around DGames.
I think the same applies to you.

My question explicitly asked you if you thought the votes on Shun Goku before mine were serious.

Your answer says no. So if the votes aren't serious and my vote and tone weren't serious, why are you trying to make something out of it?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
If the votes on Shun Goku aren't serious and don't matter, why are you trying to make something out of it?
It's not the vote that's suspicious. It's WHEN the vote was made.

But I've already said several times, I'm willing to let it go for now.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Also apologies about misreading your post. I thought that you weren't
It's not the vote that's suspicious. It's WHEN the vote was made.

But I've already said several times, I'm willing to let it go for now.
...sure if you say so.

I really don't get it. You're taking something you admit isn't serious and then trying to get something out of it.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Observation: Rake is subtly amassing thread control for himself.

Rake, what is your read on Moosy? What of Orbo?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Ehhhh. It wasn't blatant. The point is that we have an individual trying to get all of the thread control right out of RVS. That is bad.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Answer may questions pls.

Also, you're trying to get it/setting yourself up. Anyways, it should be a non-issue at this point in the game.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I really don't get it. You're taking something you admit isn't serious and then trying to get something out of it.
The post isn't serious, it's the timing. It only takes six to vote someone, and you were the third vote on Rake, that's already halfway. You're doing something called "bandwagoning", which is usually a scummy move to rack up votes on someone to kill them quickly.
THAT is suspicious, not the content of the post.
But I agree with Rat, this should probably be let go.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
"There are many things are being twirled, let's go to the first world!"

Mumbo's Mountain!

~Day 1 Begins! Votecount 1.1~

1. Gheb_01 (0)
2. Orboknown (0)
3. Zaixl (0)
4. BarDicuLous
(1) Maven
5. RadicalRat (0)
6. TheKingofKoopas (0)
7. sneakytako (0)
8. Maven89
(1) Orboknown
9. *GenericHandle* (0)
10. MoosyDoosy
(2) Generic, RadRat
11. Shun Goku Satsu Rake
(2) MoosyDoosy, Bardull

Not Voting: (5) Gheb, Zaixl, KingKoopa, sneakytako, Rake
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline is Thursday 9/25 at 5:00pm MT!

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
And sorry I wasn't here for the first three pages guys, I was at said concert for a while.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orbo, why did you spend like 2-3 pages defending Rake's actions/behavior from newbie players? Tell me what you make of Bardull hating on Rake and supporting Moosey. These stances seem pretty contradictory to yours. You ain't got any issue with that? None at all?

You're doing something called "bandwagoning", which is usually a scummy move to rack up votes on someone to kill them quickly.
Reminder to myself to make a post about bandwagons next time to clear up some misinformation.

:059:

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Hurghhhhhhh... I wake up to this? I can't logic in the morning.
I'll just vote for the most suspicious mafiacat.
##Vote Zaixl
I'll be back with coffee.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Anyone can tell I'm not seriously trying to push my own lynch. And any votes in the RVS are just shots in the dark anyway, so I prefer not to seriously vote first day.
##Unvote Zaixl
##Vote no lynch

Happy now?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, why did you spend like 2-3 pages defending Rake's actions/behavior from newbie players? Tell me what you make of Bardull hating on Rake and supporting Moosey. These stances seem pretty contradictory to yours. You ain't got any issue with that? None at all?

Reminder to myself to make a post about bandwagons next time to clear up some misinformation.

because i don't want them to start trying to push stuff thats not scummy.
I care less about his moosey, dislike how hes getting on rakenfor things people should know are rake null tells hy now. Not a huge thing yet cuz early, but its noted

Maven89

Smash Master
There is nowhere near enough to properly give thoughts on BarDicuLous, but I think he's town.
What had he done at the time of that post to make you think he was town?

Ehhhh. It wasn't blatant. The point is that we have an individual trying to get all of the thread control right out of RVS. That is bad.
Can you explain why this is inherently bad?

My problem with Rake is that he's being too quick to formulate a judgment call on Moosy when Moosy is admittedly new. I also don't trust his word use (seems too wordy/his excuse seems fake) alongside the timing of his pivot claiming that what he did was a 'bait'.

MoosyDoosy MoosyDoosy anyone you want to hardbody today already?

RVS is officially over. Let's do this. :smash:
How does Moosy being new stop Rake from forming an opinion on him? Shouldn't that just make it easier since they're less experienced and more likely to make simple mistakes? Why does him having too many words make you distrust him?

Right now I'm liking Rake the most, and I'm not feeling Bardiculous at all

sneakytako

Smash Lord
this votecount is super hard to read mod sir.

I haven't been active, and I'm going to be VLA since I'm going to be drinking tonight.

I guess I should catch up.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
But my thoughts so far.

Rake: Most of his rebuttals have made sense, but his tone is disconcerting. His aggressive tone leads me to believe that he wants to make Moosy feel blastphemous to challenge him. That being said, I think his focus on the other people on his bandwagon rather than focus on moosey makes the most sense - lean town

Bardull: Do not like. His patience for Moosey and his vote on rake seem fishy when considered together. Although I can understand trying to apply pressure to rake and his subsequent questions, his blind support of moosey is highly suspicious and seems like he's trying to earn a friend. Moosey do not trust this man - lean scum

Gheb - I really like his 141. He notes orbo defending rake, and the correlation between moosey and bardull. - my hero

Others - Null

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
What had he done at the time of that post to make you think he was town?

Can you explain why this is inherently bad?

How does Moosy being new stop Rake from forming an opinion on him? Shouldn't that just make it easier since they're less experienced and more likely to make simple mistakes? Why does him having too many words make you distrust him?

It is inherently bad because Rake could be mafia. If Mafia has thread control, Mafia wins.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake I'll ask again. Read on Orbo?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
If anything else, I would have been the one to start pocketing Bard since I town-read him first.

hm...I can see where you lot are coming from, but I townread him because he had exactly the same thought process as mine. I still am town reading him, but feel free to question him. I'm rather interested to see how this turns out.

Moving on to others. Shun Goku's response to mine made some sense so there's that going for him. I still don't like RadicalRat. Will look into Orbo again.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
q

Post #141.

How does 141 relate to Bardul?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
But my thoughts so far.

Rake: Most of his rebuttals have made sense, but his tone is disconcerting. His aggressive tone leads me to believe that he wants to make Moosy feel blastphemous to challenge him. That being said, I think his focus on the other people on his bandwagon rather than focus on moosey makes the most sense - lean town

Bardull: Do not like. His patience for Moosey and his vote on rake seem fishy when considered together. Although I can understand trying to apply pressure to rake and his subsequent questions, his blind support of moosey is highly suspicious and seems like he's trying to earn a friend. Moosey do not trust this man - lean scum

Gheb - I really like his 141. He notes orbo defending rake, and the correlation between moosey and bardull. - my hero

Others - Null
>Rake's tone disconcerting
>Bard scum for leaning on Rake while supporting Moosy :|

That's a dangerous way of thinking.

Orbo defending Rake is not that surprising regardless of alignment. They're big friends.

Thumbs down.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Making a snap judgment regarding Moosy's character when Moosy has no established meta means Rake would either be putting his trust too early on in Moosy or condemning him based on the presumed 'bait' that occurred. He implies he trusts Moosy because he states that Moosy's response is genuine, but his language and the excuse behind why he did what he did makes me not believe him.

I guess for me personally, I am not quick to trust anyone. Yes, that means I am not quick to trust Moosy, but I'm inclined to invest stock into what the slot has done so far. We'll see if it's a bad investment later on.

So either the Rake effect is going on, or it's something else. Or I'm tunneling, but I don't think I am. Yet. :awesome:

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Generic, your question is noted but I don't have enough time to answer right now. I'll do a couple paragraphs when I can.

Top Bottom